Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,480 members, 7,801,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Short Story Competitions - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story Competitions (4602 Views)

Essay Writing Competitions For Africans From December 2010 To 2011 / Nigerian Essay Competitions / SOLUTION TO ALL THE 2012 NIGERIAN ESSAY COMPETITIONS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Story Competitions by nwadinma(f): 5:27pm On Mar 06, 2010
Any one with info on free to enter short story competitions to enter? I already know about Commonwealth short story competition, which other can one enter for this year.
Any info will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: Short Story Competitions by slap1(m): 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2010
There are not many competitions like that (open to citizens of other countries). Your best way to gain prominence as a new writer is to submit your works to online literary mags. If ur work is good, they will publish it, if not, you will be spurred to perfection as you try to polish your works to a point of acceptability. By so doing, you would be prepared for future "combats". Hope I'm not talking trash!
Re: Short Story Competitions by adebayo201: 12:52pm On Mar 08, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm undecided
Re: Short Story Competitions by nwadinma(f): 10:29am On Mar 11, 2010
THE THING IS THAT MOST OF THOSE CONTESTS I FIND ONLINE ASK FOR PARTICIPATING FEE.
MY TAKE IN THESE IS THAT SINCE I AM YET TO EARN MONEY FROM WRITING, I CAN PAY TO PARTICIPATE IN A CONTEST.

I AM MORE INTERESTED IN THE FREE TO ENTER TYPES ( YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN).

ANY INFO, JUST LET ME KNOW PLEASE, THANK YOU.
Re: Short Story Competitions by Orikinla(m): 12:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
Watch out for the Lynn Chukura Short Story Competition for Non-fiction to be launched before the end of the year.

The winner takes all cash prize is $1, 000.
Re: Short Story Competitions by slap1(m): 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2010
Please Orikinla do keep us informed.
Re: Short Story Competitions by emonkey(m): 8:21pm On Mar 22, 2010
Lagos Literary and Arts Journal (LLAJ) Word Sprint takes off in may 2010 . It is a monthly competition and you can get details at http://www.lagosliteraryjournal.com/?q=content/llaj-word-sprint
Re: Short Story Competitions by Pearlezem: 7:40pm On Apr 05, 2019
Good evening people...!!
If you're a good writer then you need to hear this...
Have you heard of the BENT writing contest? Its amazing for published and unpublished writers...
Read the rules of the competition here

https:///cajWs3

Share the news and help someone that might need this information...

(1) (Reply)

FREE 2015 UNIUYO GST 123 TERM PAPER MATERIALS – CITIZENSHIP AND PEACE STUDIES / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / Pregnant For The Devil - A Romantic Novel (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.