Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (144142 Views)

Thread For Comics Lovers (dc,marvel,starwars,Manga Etc) / Official Fans Thread For The Legacies / TSTV Launches In Nigeria: Channels, Packages, Subscription & Decoder Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by sholaadejumo: 8:44am On Oct 02, 2017
gotv just added some channels they removed before. i smell fear. lol

12 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by dharmmylolar(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2017
Press brake. I wan relax for here

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by aforosco(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2017
9japrof:
TSTV made a tactical mistake, they never had their distribution channels in place before launching.

The incentives for distributors is so poor, why would I pay 4.4 million naira to get 1000 decoder kits only to sell for 5000 naira each meaning investing 4.4 million to earn a paltry sum of 600k. They should do better...

TSTV is an amalgamation of channels, nothing special, a lot of channels on their bouquet are channels being picked by 1.8 meter dish users, e.g the beIN sports, MBC series etc.

Real DTH aggregators own their channel series, e.g multichoice( the owners of DSTV) own the supersport channels, buh TSTV own nothing, they own no channel of their own, only gathering free channels and broadcasting to Nigerians .

The Internet feature they are broadcasting to Nigerians cannot be available in all nigerian states(I pray to be wrong on this) startimes have this feature on the combo box which a lot of their users are not even aware of, some are using it presently in Nigeria and I think that feature can only be used in not more than 5 states in Nigeria.

TSTV if not careful would go the way of HITv, the company have launched into the country running at a loss, that's why the branding and hyping to convince Nigerians to buy, if the sales and turnover anticipated is not achieved, either more money is pumped in to sustain the business or the business would be on a downward spiral.

KweseTV that has been there building structures to ensure distribution channels before launching is still way better and would outlive TSTV in the long run.Kwese even went ahead with their commitment to give out free decoders to thousands of dealers.

NB: the kwese brand is owned by strive masiywa, the brain behind econet wireless and TSTV is even broadcasting one of their channels kwese free sport(KFS) on their bouquet asking you to pay for the channel that kwese is broadcasting for free

Young man why are you quick to judge what you probably don't have much knowledge about.They Have their own channels too like Super sport they have TS Sport.and as for DSTV do you think they go to Europe to beam football matches? No absolute No like EPL now they only tune to SKY Sport that is why you see Sky Sport Mic anytime they are interviewing the players on the pitch or the analysis room during Half Time. SO What makes DSTV superior then.As for the case retail price I think it is very much ok.Buying at 4,400 to sell at 5000. Have you considered how much they buy and sell DSTV decoders ,Do You know you will buy 10 units of 100Naira MTN card at 980 AND they expect you to sell at N1000?They will even send message to ur client to encourage them not to buy from you but to buy from thier banks for convienences and face value if you try to increase your profit margin.To me it is a good brand already.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by teamsynergy: 8:45am On Oct 02, 2017
Themandator:

All this your epistle doesn't mean I am buying it ...Whether they gather free to air channels or not ...For three thousand I am buying since I need a decoder to access those channels ,anyway

ABI since when they dey fly for air anyone don land your house without decoder .... I don't expect them to have their own channels immediately. With time dem go develop the muscle.we like them as them dey

By the way if Startimes get data as you talk am and we dey get the dish no no all this while dem dem be fooools

don't mind d mumu... they av tstv music and movie channels... more so, all those sport channel are very dope and offer more highlight and live coverage of leagues dstv don't televise

15 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Tecno66: 8:45am On Oct 02, 2017
This is the problem. Everyone is waiting for others to use and give them feedback. Why not buy, use and tell us how it is.
chimoskyg:
First i must say a Big Congrats to TSTV for the Independent Day Launch and at the same time a Nigerian Product.
Big Thumps Up to the Initiators.
Please for most of us that will be willing to patronize our OWN knowing that many have done that, will be glad to know the experience of those that have started Enjoying the product.
For me most especially the 10GB hotspot they promise, i will like to know if anybody have been able to make use of it both on phones and systems.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by XX01(f): 8:47am On Oct 02, 2017
GogetterMD:

What has your experience with Kwese been like? Considering getting it to complement the trashy DSTV I have 6 months premium subscription on, but can't watch NBA and the Carabao cup

Startimes for NBA.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cumlord(m): 8:47am On Oct 02, 2017
The sale of decoders and all havent started
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by teamsynergy: 8:48am On Oct 02, 2017
aforosco:

Young man why are you quick to judge what you probably don't have much knowledge about.They Have their own channels too like Super sport they have TS Sport.and as for DSTV do you think they go to Europe to beam football matches? No absolute No like EPL now they only tune to SKY Sport that is why you see Sky Sport Mic anytime they are interviewing the players on the pitch or the analysis room during Half Time. SO What makes DSTV superior then.As for the case retail price I think it is very much ok.Buying at 4,400 to sell at 5000. Have you considered how much they buy and sell DSTV decoders ,Do You know you will buy 10 units of 100Naira MTN card at 980 AND they expect you to sell at N1000?They will even send message to ur client to encourage them not to buy from you but to buy from thier banks for convienences and face value if you try to increase your profit margin.To me it is a good brand already.

leave d dstv fan boy.... if u av an android fone and av access to free internet, u will watch more live matches than a dstv subscriber.... his analysis is so shallow

10 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by matrixme(m): 8:48am On Oct 02, 2017
This TSTV of a thing is a proof that there is no day that Nigerians will ever be wise. It was first Buhari's change mantra, then MMM, now TSTV. Same gullible tricks from the pit of hell to deceive the same sets of people.
You all want inexpensive internet and quality TV and ability to pause your shows and do more wonders all For 5000 naira and 200 naira monthly subscription. It just won't work.
We will all be here when those that are leaking their sores about buying the decoder will come and share their testimony on Nairaland Frontpage soon. Let's all be patient.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Themandator: 8:48am On Oct 02, 2017
maclatunji:

The data they claim is completely free of your viewing channels. It is a bonus and the data will be consumed only when you browse.

You can use the data to watch channels like CNN that they don't have the right to air in Nigeria ..Download movies and anything other subject that interest you

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by shallysgirl: 8:48am On Oct 02, 2017
OK, we have heard, now buzz off.
9japrof:

I work with the kwese brand, and kwese offers more quality content than TSTV

10 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by newd4all(m): 8:49am On Oct 02, 2017
I can see that and can clearly state 9japrof is with a dstv agent or jus one with issues. The pay is reasonable with tstv. Duyu knw what it feels like paying 6300 and u dnt wat uefa or efl cup and others.? Truth be told dstv is robbing and people like you would keep promoting this.
If tstv is to come for competition. We benefit as the customers. So let them go ahead. Stop bad mouthing what u knw notin of. Abu U be Jon snow?

9 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by donjazet(m): 8:49am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

If you like give them 1 million likes,its their business tactics and strategy that will determine their survival.Which I rate poorly.if by now most people are still waiting to get their decoders or TsTV haven't tidied up their distribution side of the business,I rest my case.

DSTV AGENT!!!, E NO GO BETTER FOR UNA!!! BAD BELLE!

ANOTHER LIKE AND SHARE FOR TSTV O JARE cheesy

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by ajealadick(m): 8:49am On Oct 02, 2017
LilSmith55:

I get plane ooo.... Camry Plane Booing 788

Hope mo be tiny light o. Dem dey thief too much
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Themandator: 8:50am On Oct 02, 2017
kingar:
In as much as we are all excited over the indigenous paytv network TSTv, which was said to have been launched yesterday but no tangible prove of its launching, not even a faded picture.
I hope this will not be worse than our grandmaster of data, there give 10GB for 10naira but the rest is a known process.
TSTV launch, picture or I donbilivit

They launched yesterday ...Followed the live coverage for sometime on th or sire ...Was surprised that ait that was contracted to air it didn't ...May. Be dem dey dear dstv
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by sholaadejumo: 8:50am On Oct 02, 2017
matrixme:
This TSTV of a thing is a proof that there is no day that Nigerians will ever be wise. It was first Buhari's change mantra, then MMM, now TSTV. Same gullible tricks from the pit of hell to deceive the same sets of people.
You all want inexpensive internet and quality TV and ability to pause your shows and do more wonders all For 5000 naira and 200 naira monthly subscription. It just won't work.
We will all be here when those that are leaking their sores about buying the decoder will come and share their testimony on Nairaland Frontpage soon. Let's all be patient.

cabal spotted.

dont shit in your pants bro.

13 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by mohisd(m): 8:51am On Oct 02, 2017
wintersnow:
I just installed mine this morning, I've been downloading since morning! 4.5g network speed!!
u sserious
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by sayusuf(m): 8:51am On Oct 02, 2017
TheMainMan:
its 20g... then subsequent one is 10g at 300naira

please give us feedback o... to let us knw hw far bfr people pay for their next dstv sub

10gb N300. nd wich ISP will carry that traffic for 300. even glo that have submarine fibre to UK can't do that

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by GogetterMD(m): 8:52am On Oct 02, 2017
XX01:

Startimes for NBA.
They have removed NBA from their bouquet for almost a year now

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 02, 2017
TheMainMan:
its 20g... then subsequent one is 10g at 300naira

please give us feedback o... to let us knw hw far bfr people pay for their next dstv sub

#300 for 10gb? Or #3000
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by kolin4ril99(m): 8:53am On Oct 02, 2017
Waiting for feedbacks from the innovators
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by OnowuOra(m): 8:53am On Oct 02, 2017
Page 4. Make I register
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by sircardinal: 8:54am On Oct 02, 2017
Everybody seems to be waiting for tstv, hope they won't disappoint us ooo. My subscription expired on dstv a week ago but I don't want to renew it. Am waiting ooo. Make them no Bleep up. They better deliver as promised.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Edgarated(m): 8:54am On Oct 02, 2017
Sipping my pure water here...
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Themandator: 8:55am On Oct 02, 2017
Tecno66:
This is the problem. Everyone is waiting for others to use and give them feedback. Why not buy, use and tell us how it is.

Nobody is waiting for anybody. The decoder has not gone round Nigeria ...Is it not just 5k ... The very say I see them in EPZ Calabar I am getting it and I know many peeps would do same

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by ruffDiamond: 8:55am On Oct 02, 2017
Na initial gragra product promotion sad

Anything short of better sport content like Laliga serie-A,UEFA,CHAMPIONSHIP etc give them just 2 yrs .l,mehn go fall yakata for bed like zulezoo sing am

TSTV Oga comot for house/
naim oga DStv com enter room/
Naim mami TSTV pushy Oga dstv o/
Oga DSTV no say mama TSTV kini don wet / cheesy
Pushy mama TSTV back/
Mami faalll yakata for bed sad

Chorus ;oya kerewa kerrewa huh huh na
Kerewa grin till fade

grin see ehn na kerewa oga DSTV go take finish on top mama s TSTV ask Hitv
I no like DSTV much but it's irrefutable they remain the best cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by talk2percy(m): 8:55am On Oct 02, 2017
Abeg what is this TSTV all about? Person wey sabi should feel me in, abeg
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Josephamstrong1(m): 8:55am On Oct 02, 2017
following...
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Themandator: 8:56am On Oct 02, 2017
GogetterMD:

They have removed NBA from their bouquet for almost a year now

Which are you on? Starsat or Startimes
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Opoki(m): 8:58am On Oct 02, 2017

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by iliyande(m): 8:58am On Oct 02, 2017
teamsynergy:

leave d dstv fan boy.... if u av an android fone and av access to free internet, u will watch more live matches than a dstv subscriber.... his analysis is so shallow

Tnx u

I abandoned Dstv sub for long time after discovering that with 500# I can watch all my matches. Unlike those crap that offers selective matches for their customers.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by 2shure: 8:58am On Oct 02, 2017
All yahoo boiz viewing this thread right now.
I greet you.
Now let me teach u.
Tstv abegi.no levels.
My wifi expire in abt 13 days.
I got 28gig left.
Hey dnt forget say na african telecom.
So dnt be acting like tmobile,AT&T customer who expct exact 3 to 4g speed.
Mai pipul
Is this what we need.
So the energy we all are exhausting on dis dumb ass i cant wait till ita out shit.
I rem wen ntel unlimited came out.
Geez.
I was like fuk..y ddnt i create my own mmm dah year.
I wud af been filthy rich
Stinkingly rich
Cause naija are too gullible.
Today whr is ntel.
Naso so complain here and there.
Look at smile too.spectranet..dnt even dare mention glo.
Instead of us to look for ways to improve in technology
To make our lives easier and better.
Just like mmm
Nigerians are ready to rush at anything.
When ibmean anything.
Anything.
Put up an iphone 7 for sale at 80k.
Unlocked.all working and not stolen.
Say u just wan test how dull we are.
I say within 5mins.
Just type call me and text me on this number.
Off your phone for 30mins.
Wen i turn it on..u will see unlimited messages.
Here and there.
Missed calls
Voice note.
If na whatsapp
All the calls go dey hang cause u don make your phone fastest fingers 1st.
If u think im talk lie according to my mechanic
Let nairaland MODS ..just like ipob drug dealers.
Let them push .
I say let them push.
Not drugs o.
Let them push a nude or leaked pic of a popular actor or actress to FP and u can clearly see he/she fully unclad.
In less than 50 secs.
2000persons have viewed and probably 40 percent of viewers don self-service already.
We spend and waste too much time on useless things.
W3 worry over useless things.
I mean wtf.
Is this wat we need right now.
Tstv.
Wtf.
Just give them 3 months.
It will be from 3000naira to 10000 naira.
Anything african base just like nepa
Always fluctuates
Quote me any time
Any day.

Tstv is bullshit.
We are having serious challenges here in our fuckin country and na tstv dem wan use divert our attention.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Big Brother Naija 2017 Winner Announcement & Grand Finale Thread / Where Can I Download Korean Season Film / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.