Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,915 members, 7,799,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome (37484 Views)

Why Is Mike Ozekhome Laughing Even After Atiku Lost At Supreme Court? / Buhari’s New Year Speech Shows He Has Conceded Defeat -pdp...says Mr. President / The Northern President Speech Shows His Deep Hatred For Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by LadyNaija(f): 11:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
Abuja-Constitutional Lawyer and Human Rights Activist, Chief Mike Ozekhome has described the 57th independence day anniversary speech given by President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday, October 1, as not only un-presidential but un-reconciliatory.

The Senior Advocate of Nigeria said the speech clearly showed Buhari’s disdain and fixated hatred for the Igbos when he lambasted the entire South East leaders for allowing the agitation of a people feeling seriously marginalized and oppressed. Furthermore, Ozekhome wondered how Buhari could see nothing wrong in the murderous and rampaging activities of herdsmen across the country as well as the illegal authorization by Arewa youths to Nigerians to quit Northern Nigeria without any repercussion against them.

In a statement he signed last night, entitled ‘President Muhammadu Buhari’s National Day Broadcast: Yet Another Golden Opportunity Lost’, Ozekhome said, “The entire national day broadcast by PMB on the occasion of Nigeria’s 57th independence is quite disappointing in all ramifications”.

“It was very un-presidential and un-reconciliatory. PMB left the real issues and pursued trifles”. “The speech was bereft of nobility of statesmanship, and devoid of a calm grasp and appraisals of the dire straits Nigeria is currently in”. “The broadcast was rabidly narcissist, parochial, nepotic and clannish, as it failed to see anything wrong with the blatant and well reported threats by the Arewa youths to quit fellow Nigerians from their domains”.

“The speech followed his now well worn out fixation of perceived hatred for the Igbo race, whose leadership he needlessly scurilized and lampooned, for allegedly being behind IPOB and other agitations”. “I doubt and didn’t hear him mention anything about gun wielding herdsmen that literally vanquish citizens in their own homesteads across Nigeria”. “The President celebrated mediocrity and edified his government’s non-performance two and half years down the line”. Ozekhome continued, “I genuinely wondered if he was discussing the same country, Nigeria, that I am in, or another utopian planet Mars”.

“The beautiful picture of a peaceful country he painted so glowingly and artistically with the paintbrush of breathless satisfaction is quite different from the stark reality on the ground, which every beleaguered Nigerian labours under”. “His speech writers either wallowed in utopian mystic of redemptive messianism, or in crass fraud and grand deception”. “But, Nigerians are no fools. Did I hear PMB say this is the first time a government at the Centre is losing the governorship, senatorial and Houses of Assembly’s elections to the opposite at the state level? “No sir, wrong.

Whoever gave Mr. President this false electoral history has done him incalculable disservice and great damage and ridicule’. “Few examples: Remember Ondo state (Labour Party), Osun and Edo states (AC), Anambra (APGA), etc? “Not only did the ruling PDP party lose the elections to those opposition parties, the then President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan actually rolled out the drums and congratulated the new governors, Senators and House members”. “Peter Obi won the Anambra state governorship election in 2010 for the second time on the platform of APGA”.

“Obasanjo was President at the Centre under the PDP party, just as Bola Tinubu won the Lagos state governorship seat twice under AD and ACN, with Obasanjo as president under PDP at the Centre”. “Buhari lost yet another golden opportunity to balm bruised nationalities’ ego and cement Nigeria’s yawning cleavages, hate and divisiveness”.

“Must everything be predicated on falsehood, force, threats and gun boat diplomacy, viet armis? “It didn’t ever work. When he applied such excessive force and threats to the Niger Delta militants, I counseled then it would not work”. “The marginalized youth picked up the gauntlet, serially blew up oil pipelines, tore up Nigeria’s oil jugular into smithereens”. “Crude oil output plummeted to about 700 thousand barrels per day from 1.5m barrels”.

“It took the then Acting President Yemi Osibanjo’s shuttle diplomacy to the Niger Delta region to quell the strife”. “It was Napoleon Bonarparte, a French General and Emperor (1769-1821), who famously declared: “do you know what amazes me more than anything else? The impotence of force to organize anything”. “PMB sir, allow Nigerians enjoy the full bloom of democracy and its inbuilt mechanisms for conflict resolution.”

SPEECH BELOW;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6_x3CE1hnY

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2017/10/buharis-independent-speech-shows.html

[img]https://1.bp..com/-SaNP3vPi0dg/WdFv1_uXXbI/AAAAAAAAHDs/Wx9X1-Mx3rc8r8SSA2LsmPIXRE8B1V0SgCLcBGAs/s640/Mike-Ozekhome.jpg[/img]

137 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by Desyner: 11:51pm On Oct 01, 2017
If the man of hope can talk all these trash then there is no hope (or a hopeless hope) for Nigeria to ever unite. The man isn't fit to be a President.
For now I am after God and the dead Presidents.

254 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by omogin(f): 12:00am On Oct 02, 2017
Kai, buhari should just hide in a coffin first abeg

205 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by Oladimejjy(m): 12:11am On Oct 02, 2017
Go nd sit down..

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 02, 2017
This man should stop talking...
I really don't think he knows how to talk...
Always dividing the nation
With his unprofessional speeches angry

192 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by nototribalist: 12:32am On Oct 02, 2017
President without brain, that one na President?

231 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by belente(m): 12:33am On Oct 02, 2017
Nigeria has gone to the dogs. and it must do the needful

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 02, 2017
belente:
Nigeria has gone to the dogs. and it must do the needful

No more Nigeria is a zoo. grin

I noticed you and your tattered friends no more say zoo.

Its now Nigeria is divided, Nigeria has gone to the dogs.

Why?

And no, I did not read that rubbish. Ozekhome is a PDP member.

111 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by Ra88: 12:48am On Oct 02, 2017
Ha Ha Ha, I pity my fellow South South people who can't see how all these is going to end up.

Nigeria mean Hell, by the time the oil dries up, we go hear word.

I have problem with people who refer to this country as Zoo or jungle.

I mean that's unfair to all the animals in Zoo or jungle, for Lugard sake, they are more organized.
And their leaders are blessed with follow-come brain.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by suxkill: 12:56am On Oct 02, 2017
What do you expect from a Fulani terrorist president.

A fight against bokoharam, is a fight against the north...............Buba

100 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by cosmatika(m): 1:00am On Oct 02, 2017
Afonjas will soon come here to insult him. But u guys should knw dat weeping endureth but for a night, JOY MUST SURELY COME IN THE MORNING

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 02, 2017
EponOjuku:

The last time they called Nigeria a zoo, the Nigerian Army used their fathers' scrotums as shooting practice.

scrotums for shooting practice.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by Youngadvocate(m): 1:15am On Oct 02, 2017
SAN, Sir, please, pen down another statement for our feeble-minded, parochial and uncultured South Eastern Governors including that one who has reduced himself to nothingness in his bid to save himself from the hook of the law over his treacherous loots during his tenure as Abia state governor and perhaps, his utopian Presidential ambition; yes, he's called Orji Uzo Kalu.

Help us minute some senses matched with fierceness to them. They seem to be worst off; because the saying goes..."the enemy within is greater than the enemy without"

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by zombieHUNTER: 3:58am On Oct 02, 2017
EponOjuku:

The last time they called Nigeria a zoo, the Nigerian Army used their fathers' scrotums as shooting practice.
Calling Nigeria a zoo is an understatement
Nigeria is worse than a zoo that is
Ruled by a baboon who is worshipped by zombies

The Fulani Nigerian army is just a branch of the herdsmen.... They can't do Jack

131 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by OreMI22: 4:03am On Oct 02, 2017
After his death, there will be a new English word to describe Buhari grin grin grin grin grin grin

19 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by zombieHUNTER: 4:06am On Oct 02, 2017
TheCabal:

And no, I did not read that rubbish. Ozekhome is a PDP member.

How can you read it when it paints buhari as he truly is
Everything must be about party to you

It's a terrible job defending the indefensible on social media.... Your hypocrisy stinks Mr Yoruba Muslim

148 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by zombieHUNTER: 4:12am On Oct 02, 2017
Daniel2060:
This man should stop talking...
I really don't think he knows how to talk...
Always dividing the nation
With his unprofessional speeches angry

You can't give what you don't have
There is nothing presidential about buhari
The man is a tribalist and religious bigot
The main reason he is loved by zombies and not by delivering campaign promises ...

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by Joel3(m): 4:14am On Oct 02, 2017
i supported buhari last election for one reason, reason be that we need a change of government atleast we were tired of PDP. i am more concerned with electricity and believe buhari have what it takes to fix power but i was wrong. the fuel pump price and electricity which i believe if it were to be stable and affordable Nigeria will be transformed.

but indeed i was wrong. this man don't have the solution to Nigeria problem.

163 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by Apina(m): 4:24am On Oct 02, 2017
He didn't disappoint as usual undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by Nobody: 5:17am On Oct 02, 2017
zombieHUNTER:

Calling Nigeria a zoo is an understatement
Nigeria is worse than a zoo that is
Ruled by a baboon who is worshipped by zombies

The Fulani Nigerian army is just a branch of the herdsmen.... They can't do Jack
But the Fulani army made Nnamdi kamu flee grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by Nobody: 6:05am On Oct 02, 2017
Have come to realize that the president is the problem really...

If we have gone through 55 years and never had it this bad even after the biafran war, abacha stringent regime, oil sales at lowest, and what not.

Its not any of us/region/tribe/religion... we had in that same 55 years been the Happiest people in the world despite having a civil war in-between

Its the bitter truth, but its the president.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by tayebest(m): 6:14am On Oct 02, 2017
cosmatika:
Afonjas will soon come here to insult him. But u guys should knw dat weeping endureth but for a night, JOY MUST SURELY COME IN THE MORNING

zombieHUNTER:

The afonja Muslims are already here to defend their Fulani lord and Savior buhari....
A known harbinger of hate and hardship

Afonja make you pee on the bed shey?? grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by Firstcitizen: 6:27am On Oct 02, 2017
And this PDP lawyer did not notice the hate and disdain exhibited by the hunched back albino and his chest beaters against Nigeria. Coincidentally the hate and disdain is no different from the one shown to him by Kidnappers some few years ago.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by Samsimple(m): 6:35am On Oct 02, 2017
Buhari i hope u will not put up "nigeria for sale" in the nearest future

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by missbehave247(m): 6:39am On Oct 02, 2017
this one weak me
Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by AburoBuhari: 6:39am On Oct 02, 2017
Buhari always representing with nothing meaningful to broadcast, what are we expecting when you can all see his advisers, remember he can't use the bottle to write Ọ,Its GIGO(garbage in,garbage out), before you quote me remember he is my Ègbón

*AburoBuhari*

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by twentyk(m): 6:44am On Oct 02, 2017
but shay na only igbo people dey this country or what....everything you guys talk,talk,talk....
han han ibo this ,ibo that....abeg make una just......TIRED SEF

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by madridguy(m): 6:48am On Oct 02, 2017
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by gists: 6:50am On Oct 02, 2017
LadyNaija:

Furthermore, Ozekhome wondered how Buhari could see nothing wrong in the murderous and rampaging activities of herdsmen across the country as well as the illegal authorization by Arewa youths to Nigerians to quit Northern Nigeria without any repercussion against them.

This obviously biased ipob apologist (if not even a member) did not notice or just pretend the president did not address the issue other time when PMB returned from medical leave and gave a national broadcast reeling out riot act and stamping out hate speech generally without focus on any particular group.

And he also didn't notice the disdain from IPOB not honoring court restrain on Kanu. And who on earth are these people that think everyone in the country should be sympathetic to them as if they are the only ones that have issues withe federal government?
2019 is around the corner. Soon they will remind us how they have been marginalized in Lagos by not "conceding" the governorship ticket to them.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome by Omeokachie: 6:54am On Oct 02, 2017
His hatred for the Igbo runs very deep in his veins.

No matter how hard he tries to mask it, it always has a way of revealing itself, both in his utterances and actions.

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Remi Sonaiya Apologizes For Sharing Fake News About Tinubu-CSU Discourse / Bukola Saraki Reacts To The Ongoing Shiite Protest Happening In Abuja / Nnamdi Kanu: 'Soldiers, Police Attack My Lawyer’s House, Kill 3'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.