Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" (18725 Views)

Femi Adesina: The Dream I Had About Abba Kyari And My Last Contact With Him / This Man Is Giving Out His SUV Over Two Projects Buhari Initiated And Completed / Trucks Of Fertilizer Disappeared Miraculously Under Previous Governments- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by Ovamboland(m): 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
nawtyme:

The government spending increased, so did the price of crude oil. With what Obj had an with the rot the military left, he was able to put a few things in order eg, increment of minimum wage.
Please mention any tangible project of this administration.
The previous administration sold petrol at 67 naira, and paid subsidies, embarked on massive agricultural development including dry season farming, improved power situation by strengthening NIPP, increased allowances for NYSC, built 6 new federal universities, built alimajiri schools in the north, etc, which means they spent more.
Now what project can you show?

All that with government main revenue at peak in world history $100- $140 and over 6 years , is it reasonable to expect same at $30-$50 a barrel? And all within 2 years?

Even at that the current government has not borrowed to pay salary, they have completed or continued to fund ongoing projects they met. In the midst of Scarcity they put down 15% Counterpart funding for the $8.5b Lagos-Calabar rail and the $11b Lagos-Kano standard gauge rail.
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by Ovamboland(m): 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2017
NaijaEfcc:
lol what am I denying please? Are you alright? That was during the protest! Are you happy with the way things are in this country? I guess your BMC peanut is making you happy abi? Smh

Still lacking candour to admit when found out? You just accused me of faking your post by giving an example of how you make fake post. Confronted with hard evidence of your own words you go on tangent of BMC.

BMC made you lie and deny your own words?
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by NaijaEfcc: 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
Ovamboland:

Still lacking candour to admit when found out? You just accused me of faking your post by giving an example of how you make fake post. Confronted with hard evidence of your own words you go on tangent of BMC.

BMC made you lie and deny your own words?
Oga your head is not alright
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by Ovamboland(m): 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2017
NaijaEfcc:
Oga your head is not alright

And head is alright by denying your own words?
Tanoids and lies
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by nawtyme: 3:49pm On Oct 02, 2017
Ovamboland:

All that with government main revenue at peak in world history $100- $140 and over 6 years , is it reasonable to expect same at $30-$50 a barrel? And all within 2 years?

Even at that the current government has not borrowed to pay salary, they have completed or continued to fund ongoing projects they met. In the midst of Scarcity they put down 15% Counterpart funding for the $8.5b Lagos-Calabar rail and the $11b Lagos-Kano standard gauge rail.
While these projects have not started, check out how much this govt has borrowed in the past 2 years, and compare with what is on ground.
Crude has been above 45usd for a while. Nigeria was excluded from reduced oil exports which other opec members had to. What still is the result?
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by sholaadejumo: 4:16pm On Oct 02, 2017
nawtyme:
In other words, we have no fresh ideas. We are empty heads who took power in order to hunt our political enemies.

lol bros you dey vex o.
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by Boyooosa(m): 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2017
I think we are getting there. Seeing our leaders being sincere as this makes me think there is hope. The only person that did this in the immediate past govt was sacked. But as God will have it, he is still relevant than his boss. Father we thank you!
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by nairanaira12: 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
govt is continuous

But you came lying to your ancestors that GEJ had destroyed everything, didn't you? When did you wake up from your thoughtless dreams?
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by nairanaira12: 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Completing what they abandoned after awarding and looting the fund

Adesina is just telling you that this govt is a Progressive one that believes in continuity, accountability and integrity

Nobody said the previous govt didn't do anything, what they did is just like 20% of the resources they realized within those period

Since you seem to know how to put it better than adesina, how come he is the PA to Buhari and you are relegated to just a shameless, nameless damage controller on social media

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by manciti: 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
the truth is bitter, come-on take coco bitter, APC certainly have a date with the truth
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by ChiefMarumba: 5:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
nawtyme:

How much was crude oil when Obasanjo took over power?
How much was in the foreign reserve as at 1999?

A bad workman blames his tools.
Do you know the extra huge income/investments that augment the national income at that? Apart from oil income, the country received a lot of investments through foreign, and a lot of Nigeria assets were sold and commercialized, that Government also cut a lot of government spending.
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by Ngokafor(f): 5:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
Okay,zombies have moved from 'Jonathaan did nothing ' to jonathanan initiated blablabla but completed none...pathetic misfits.

We are waiting for the clueless herdsman in aso-rock to 'initiate' his own too.... confused mumus everywhere
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by Dedemaino(m): 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
GEJ team did there best, no too ways about it.
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by refreshrate: 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
fasterwell:

Yes they destroyed the country by looting our treasury dry.

Crude oil was $100 + per barrel

Daily output surged up to 4milion barrels per day

Yet they borrowed money to pay salaries

Reduced our foreign reserve from over $60 bilion to $30 bilion

Ex NSA Dasuki showed the world pictures of jets, tanks and guns he claimed to have bought but the truth is they shared the money with fayose

So it is not about having good developmental plans but the willingness to carry them out

Indeed they destroyed the country

...yet 80% of the "destruction" is what these jokers are supposedly completing ?

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by Dedemaino(m): 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2017
manciti:

the truth is bitter, come-on take coco bitter, APC certainly have a date with the truth
the truth is bitter my dear. let's try to make our country better and stop searching for excuses to give / whom to push the blame on.
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by refreshrate: 6:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
nairanaira12:

Since you seem to know how to put it better than adesina, how come he is the PA to Buhari and you are relegated to just a shameless, nameless damage controller on social media

One carton of very cold Orijin for this man! Make sure it's very cold o
Bros you sir will forever have my respect for putting that joker in his place. See as he was trying to convert something that was even confessed by the twats.
Some people are just plain stupid I tell you.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by deji17: 6:23pm On Oct 02, 2017
When you have abandoned projects all over the place, what is the sense in initiating new ones? Wailers Must Wail

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by sevenhundred(m): 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
nawtyme:

My dear, please look for your mates and continue building sandcastles with them.

Cheers
sorry, are u clueless?
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by sevenhundred(m): 6:35pm On Oct 02, 2017
gratiaeo:

The only project Buhari will start and complete before 2019 is his ear infection treatment, what have he started you are expecting him to complete before 2019
yes I prayed'to'reach baba age. and have any old age sickness yet countries will knows me.
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by fasterwell(m): 8:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
refreshrate:

...yet 80% of the "destruction" is what these jokers are supposedly completing ?

What i noticed about u is that hatred has clouded ur sense of reasoning.

Learn to differentiate between the FG as an institution to pilot the affairs of the nation and those doing the job.

The FG has been there since 1960 and many leaders has come and gone but the FG remains.

Every ministry has permanent secretaries and directors who are civil servants and not neccessarily politicians. These permanent secretaries and directors are the custodians of documents detailing all the projects whether ongoing, completed or abandoned.

And it is their duty to brief/inform newly elected/appointees of the FG so they can look into it and see what they can do and its up to the newly elected adminstration to either continue with the projects or initiate new ones.

Lagos - Ibadan expressway is more than 16 years since the construction work started. Are u saying Buhari should abandon it and initiate new one?

Kaduna - Abuja rail line can be traced to OBJ but almost completed by GEJ's adminstration. Do u imply that Buhari should have abandoned it and initiate new ones?

What of 2nd niger bridge which ur hero GEJ started with lavish ceremony and promised to complete it by August 2014 but failed to fulfill it despite the funds at his disposal? Should Buhari also abandon it and initiate the 3rd one?

God is watching us all

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by prof12(m): 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
NaijaEfcc:
so why the change please? If they continue from the last administration, that means the last administration were on the right path, so they continued following the path!! QED !! What is there own input??

The political will to do or implement is one, the other is to change our mindset to a morally accepted one is the other and that was what PDP lacked.
So,change was necessary.
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by nawtyme: 11:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
ChiefMarumba:
Do you know the extra huge income/investments that augment the national income at that? Apart from oil income, the country received a lot of investments through foreign, and a lot of Nigeria assets were sold and commercialized, that Government also cut a lot of government spending.
Wonderful assertion. What happened to foreign investment when this administration took over? By placing ignorant policies on foreign exchange, preventing foreign transfers, closure of dollar accounts, late appointment of ministers and no blue print on how to run the country economically and politically, did he encourage or discourage foreign investments other than oil?
How many companies have gone out of Nigeria in the last 2 years?
How many companies local and foreign have had to cut down their staff strength because of poor return on investment.?
Who said this government could not cut government spending? Rather they will budget 3 billion to state house medical center and go to London to treat an ear infection.
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by nawtyme: 12:06am On Oct 03, 2017
fasterwell:

Learn to differentiate between the FG as an institution to pilot the affairs of the nation and those doing the job.

The FG has been there since 1960 and many leaders has come and gone but the FG remains.

Every ministry has permanent secretaries and directors who are civil servants and not neccessarily politicians. These permanent secretaries and directors are the custodians of documents detailing all the projects whether ongoing, completed or abandoned.

And it is their duty to brief/inform newly elected/appointees of the FG so they can look into it and see what they can do and its up to the newly elected adminstration to either continue with the projects or initiate new ones.

Lagos - Ibadan expressway is more than 16 years since the construction work started. Are u saying Buhari should abandon it and initiate new one?

Kaduna - Abuja rail line can be traced to OBJ but almost completed by GEJ's adminstration. Do u imply that Buhari should have abandoned it and initiate new ones?

What of 2nd niger bridge which ur hero GEJ started with lavish ceremony and promised to complete it by August 2014 but failed to fulfill it despite the funds at his disposal? Should Buhari also abandon it and initiate the 3rd one?

God is watching us all
No sir. No one is asking them to abandon them, but here lies the argument.
The APC claimed that the previous administration did nothing but loot the country dry.
They claimed that the massive lack of infrastructural was because the previous administration did nothing.
My question is, as a new government that claims to be better than all others, what new projects have they initiated to better the lives of Nigerians?
Can you in all honesty say this or that is the plan this government has laid out to better the lives of Nigerians?
The previous administration continued previous projects like you mentioned but it did not stop them from starting up new ones eg, sure-p, TSA, agricultural revolution, integrated payment system to check ghost workers, this other scheme where people are given small loans to start business (I can't remember what it was called and I am too lazy to use Google grin) etc.
Now what do you have to show?
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by fasterwell(m): 1:32am On Oct 03, 2017
nawtyme:

No sir. No one is asking them to abandon them, but here lies the argument.
The APC claimed that the previous administration did nothing but loot the country dry.
They claimed that the massive lack of infrastructural was because the previous administration did nothing.
My question is, as a new government that claims to be better than all others, what new projects have they initiated to better the lives of Nigerians?
Can you in all honesty say this or that is the plan this government has laid out to better the lives of Nigerians?
The previous administration continued previous projects like you mentioned but it did not stop them from starting up new ones eg, sure-p, TSA, agricultural revolution, integrated payment system to check ghost workers, this other scheme where people are given small loans to start business (I can't remember what it was called and I am too lazy to use Google grin) etc.
Now what do you have to show?

The real arguement should be '' Why didn't they complete the projects they started?''

Lagos - Ibadan expressway has lasted for over 16 years yet it is not yet complete. Why? Don't tell me they lacked fund.

Why didn't GEJ provide the fund for the 2nd Niger Bridge to be completed? Crude oil was $100 per barrel with 4milion barrel a dey output plus IGR
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by nawtyme: 2:07am On Oct 03, 2017
fasterwell:

The real arguement should be '' Why didn't they complete the projects they started?''

Lagos - Ibadan expressway has lasted for over 16 years yet it is not yet complete. Why? Don't tell me they lacked fund.

Why didn't GEJ provide the fund for the 2nd Niger Bridge to be completed? Crude oil was $100 per barrel with 4milion barrel a dey output plus IGR

Please tell me the projects that the last administration started and failed to complete other than the 2nd Niger bridge.
Was Goodluck there for 16years?
The people who made us poorer in the past 16 years, which party do they now belong to?
Why don't you ask this present administration to show us a good example of how things should be done by starting a major project and completing it within the specified time frame. Any capital project whatsoever.
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by fasterwell(m): 7:54am On Oct 03, 2017
nawtyme:

Please tell me the projects that the last administration started and failed to complete other than the 2nd Niger bridge.
Was Goodluck there for 16years?
The people who made us poorer in the past 16 years, which party do they now belong to?
Why don't you ask this present administration to show us a good example of how things should be done by starting a major project and completing it within the specified time frame. Any capital project whatsoever.

Incase u forgot, let me remind u trhat GEJ's adminstration also vowed to complete all abandoned projects across the country but did he?

Buhari adminstration did not only castigate GEJ's adminstration but other past adminstrations also.

I don't need to list any more projects started by GEJ's adminstration becauseit doesn't really matter.

Even GEJ himself had good intentions but he was surrounded by criminals who are out to feed large on his ignorance.

It is not about having good developmental agenda but the willingness to carry them out.

Both APC and PDP are nothing but the recycling of past, present and future criminals but whoever does what is good will earn my commendations.

A perfect example on how things should be done is identifying a problem and striving to solve it instead of using the same problem to loot the nation.

Example

Using the fight against boko haram

Nigeria need weapons to fight boko haram

Ex NSA saw it as means to loot over $2 bilion in the name of buying weapons

But

Buhari bought 12 attack aircrafts for $593 milion.
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by ChiefMarumba: 3:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
Budget is an expectations of income and expenditures, if you don't get your expected income as you plan or hope, definitely your projects will surfers, i.e including the state house Clinic.

Our foreign investments inflow is base on petrol dollar received. If anything happen to global oil price, it will surely affects our exchange rates, and our local industries/companies. That is why it's good to saved during surplus so that it can cushioned the effects of low income.

The government did not canceled foreign transfer 100%, what it did was to restrict capital flight{$)out of the country and instilled transparency in the foreign exchange market. By not allowing any political thieves and economy saboteurs to take money anyhow out of the country,and at the same time to encourage local patronage of our goods and services.

The economy policies of this government is to encourage local productions and services and local patronage,to dis-encourage over dependency on imports to grow local economy.

Now,let me ask you sincerely. Now close to two years after their appointments what significant contributions have they added so far, they can only add values if the resources are available? And you as a citizen of as adviser what how would you advice this government in terms of economics policies?

Government don't cut spending in a recession.

nawtyme:

Wonderful assertion. What happened to foreign investment when this administration took over? By placing ignorant policies on foreign exchange, preventing foreign transfers, closure of dollar accounts, late appointment of ministers and no blue print on how to run the country economically and politically, did he encourage or discourage foreign investments other than oil?
How many companies have gone out of Nigeria in the last 2 years?
How many companies local and foreign have had to cut down their staff strength because of poor return on investment.?
Who said this government could not cut government spending? Rather they will budget 3 billion to state house medical center and go to London to treat an ear infection.
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by refreshrate: 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2017
fasterwell:

God is watching us all

Screw you (hard ) and what you noticed
Face the issue at hand

Stopped reading your crap excuse the moment you started thinking you noticed anything about anybody.

Am I the one being scrutinized?
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by ossiamatown: 6:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
Only fools and baboons will still back this present government. You once said the past administration did nothing and you are here telling us you are completing their project and you could start none of your own.

Where does that come from. Do they think we Nigerians are fools. This government should be sacked by this one statement by Adesina.

And you the supporters of this government, I don't think anything good will come out of you all. You are supporting a government which took us back to 1983.

Only God will have mercy on you all. The thunder that will strike some people is at the gym doing press up waiting for 2019.
Re: Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing" by prof12(m): 12:51pm On Oct 15, 2017
NaijaEfcc:
so why the change please? If they continue from the last administration, that means the last administration were on the right path, so they continued following the path!! QED !! What is there own input??

Change is very much needed because the last administration initiated policies but derailed in the process of implementation. Their mindset were corrupt and faulty so the change in our mindset needs to be for positive achievements and that is what Buhari's government stands for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayelsa: Dickson Congratulates Diri, Ewhrudjakpo Over Supreme Court Verdict / Sanwo-Olu Meets Buhari, Presents Report On Lagos Destruction / Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.