Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech (1550 Views)

Reno Omokri: "Buhari Lied About Rice Production In Nigeria" / "Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK / Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech – Junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by emmasege: 7:40am On Oct 02, 2017
A second Republic lawmaker, Junaid Muhammed, has berated President Muhammadu Buhari’s October 1 speech.

Muhammed said the speech was “not realistic,” adding that some of the claims made by Buhari with regards to his policies were not true.

The Northern elder noted that if Buhari was articulate, the speech would have been an “avenue to mobilise and regain the confidence of the people.”

Speaking with Punch, Muhammed said, “Frankly speaking, the speech is not realistic. There is nothing and there was nothing meant to be spectacular or unique about the speech of the 57th anniversary.

“It is celebratory. Where we have a leader who is articulate or is in a firm control of the government, the speech could have been an avenue to mobilise and regain the confidence of the people.

“As far as I am concerned, there is nothing in the speech to energise, galvanise or persuade me.

“The government muddled up a speech that should be about matters of national importance with personal reminiscences of being a young officer. This romantic lamentation does not have a place in this speech.

“Some of the claims the President made were clearly dishonest. For example, he claimed that his agricultural policies have been a success. As far as I am concerned, that cannot be true because I don’t even know the policies.

“If I don’t, I am sure millions of other Nigerians don’t know too. When you see the functionality of a policy, you know it is working.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/02/buhari-lied-nigerians-october-1-speech-junaid-mohammed/
Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by Buharimustgo: 7:45am On Oct 02, 2017
Buhari is a disaster ,what surprises me most is that the so called intelligent people will be assigned to defend his hmmmm,guess and complete the sentence for me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by menstrualpad: 7:46am On Oct 02, 2017
sad Buhari is definitely a liar...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by DesChyko: 7:51am On Oct 02, 2017
Well, it's from Buhari.
Anything different would have confirmed the fact that a robot is impersonating the president.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by TippyTop(m): 7:51am On Oct 02, 2017
Some of the claims the President made were clearly dishonest. For example, he claimed that his agricultural policies have been a success. As far as I am concerned, that cannot be true because I don’t even know the policies.
Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by emmasege: 7:52am On Oct 02, 2017
Buharimustgo:
Buhari is a disaster ,what surprises me most is that the so called intelligent people will be assigned to defend his hmmmm,guess and complete the sentence for me

I'm equally amazed that Buhari has done great damage to the IQ of so many educated Nigerians, particularly the youths.

I hope my kinsmen in the southwest in both nairaland and other forums who are perpetually defending this disaster of a president are learning and retracing their steps. Here's a kinsman of Buhari coming down heavily on him. We can't be more Catholic than the pope.

Yoruba, e je ka ronu o!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by TippyTop(m): 7:54am On Oct 02, 2017
emmasege:

I'm equally amazed that Buhari has done great damage to the IQ of so many educated Nigerians, particularly the youths.

I hope my kinsmen in the southwest in both nairaland and other forums who are perpetually defending this disaster of a president are learning and retracing their steps. Here's a kinsman of Buhari coming down heavily on him. We can't be more Catholic than the pope.

Yoruba, e je ka ronu o!

@emboldened
Long may you live.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by luvinhubby(m): 7:55am On Oct 02, 2017
Buhari is a colossal disaster that occurs once in a generation.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by Buharimustgo: 8:00am On Oct 02, 2017
emmasege:

Yoruba, e je ka ronu o!

My dear I don't really care where a president or leader is from,my greatest concern is for millions of Nigerians to eat properly, have good and affordable medicare,well equipped schools,and the increase in life expectancy.

In short supply of these and few misguided people because of the pecuniary or whatever momentary benefits or interest they have,will still come and defend a so called President that doesn't have a sense of direction is pathetic
Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by dodelight(m): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2017
I didn't even bother to listen to or read the so called independence speech cause I know it would be the usual arrant irrelevant declarations of a visionless government. all they were prepared for during campaign was violence since they never truly believe they would win- now given the power, they messed up honor. Shame!
Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by emmasege: 8:12am On Oct 02, 2017
Buharimustgo:

My dear I don't really care where a president or leader is from,my greatest concern is for millions of Nigerians to eat properly, have good and affordable medicare,well equipped schools,and the increase in life expectancy.

In short supply of these and few misguided people because of the pecuniary or whatever momentary benefits or interest they have,will still come and defend a so called President that doesn't have a sense of direction is pathetic
Neither do I. Nigeria is too multiethnic for most Nigerians to even anticipate a president from their region in their lifetime.

On a good day, a colossal failure like Buhari is not even fit to govern Katsina State. That state and the north can definitely parade many intelligent, innovative, vibrant, dynamic and nationalists and not a man who has failed to improve his own personal life over the years. But since the main ideology of our politicians is ethnicity and religion, Buhari is okay to the zombies even when they are famished.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by aolawale025: 8:16am On Oct 02, 2017
Everything about this government shows a lack of competent hands at the very top

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by dodelight(m): 8:17am On Oct 02, 2017
Oh, Come! 2019 Come! Let's Erase These Errors!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by AnodaIT(m): 8:49am On Oct 02, 2017
Another lie washed that this was the first time the ruling party would lose governorship, senate etc elections.

If he could openly lie in these obvious facts, then the other items may also be lies as well

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by freeze001(f): 9:01am On Oct 02, 2017
dodelight:
Oh, Come! 2019 Come! Let's Erase These Errors!

I fear that the 2019 elections will be so militarised and rigged that once more, citizens will be cowed and their votes denied/stolen. So if some miracle doesn't occur, we wil remain stuck with APC and Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by sevenhundred(m): 10:01am On Oct 02, 2017
emmasege:

Yoruba, e je ka ronu o!
so just because his kinsman view about. the president everybody must agree? my friend, enemies are within the families.
Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by nototribalist: 10:11am On Oct 02, 2017
President wey no go school, that one na President?

Mod we go fry beans for una to carry this thing go front page abi?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by SarkinYarki: 10:12am On Oct 02, 2017
It shall not be well for anybody clamouring for Buhari to have a second term

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by SarkinYarki: 10:14am On Oct 02, 2017
emmasege:

Yoruba, e je ka ronu o!

The truth is that no intelligent Persinger can ever defend Buhari , if you see anyone defending Buhari it's either the person is being paid to defend him or the person is just a plain bigot or the person is retarded

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by dodelight(m): 11:41am On Oct 02, 2017
freeze001:

I fear that the 2019 elections will be so militarised and rigged that once more, citizens will be cowed and their votes denied/stolen. So if some miracle doesn't occur, we wil remain stuck with APC and Buhari.
You may be right. Our help comes from above!
Re: Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech by fallout87: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2017
The shame is the same way he used the military to conduct python dance, is the same way he will us them to conduct anaconda election theft.

He will not give up power.

He will militarize that 2019 election citing some ghost they need to control and steal it.

Very wicked human being.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The One Big Reason No Nation Would Wage A War On Israel / Open Letter To Ex-governor Dr Peter Odili / Soyinka, Anyaoku, Ezekwesili, Bakare, Others, Launch Third Force Movement Februa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.