Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,991 members, 7,803,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Alstonia Boonei, The Alternative Cure To Diabetes, Malaria And Arthritis - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alstonia Boonei, The Alternative Cure To Diabetes, Malaria And Arthritis (1898 Views)

Please Help Me!! 3rd Time I'm Having Malaria And Typhoid Within 7months / Cure For Diabetics,stomach Ulcer And Arthritis / How Do I Treat This Stubborn Malaria And Typhoid I Have Had For Over 4 Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alstonia Boonei, The Alternative Cure To Diabetes, Malaria And Arthritis by ogiriwoman: 8:39am On Oct 02, 2017
[size=14pt]Alstonia boonei, the alternative cure to diabetes, malaria and arthritis[/size]

Popularly known as God's tree or “Onyame dua”.. The plant parts have been traditionally used for its antimalarial, aphrodisiac, antidiabetic, antimicrobial, and antipyretic activities, which have also been proved scientifically. The root bark is commonly used in West and Central Africa along with other herbs in the management of arthritis, due to its anti-inflammatory properties

The roots, bark, and leaves of Alstonia boonei are boiled and used as a concoction to treat ordinary forms of malaria. The mixture is also used externally for cleansing ulcers, snake bites, arrow poisoning, suppurating sores and exposed fractures.

Alstonia boonei’s concoction can also be used to treat others diseases such as dysentery, typhoid fever, gonorrhoea, yaws, and even asthma. The leaves, bark, and roots are all useful for relieving rheumatic pain and many other types of pain.

Follow me on instagram: www.instagram.com/ogiriwoman
It is also boiled and the liquor strained and used as anthelmintic most especially for children There are other uses such as treating less intense toothache, jaundice, cough, and sore throat. The concoction is also said to be given in some countries to women after childbirth to promote expulsion of the placenta. Some sources also said it can be used to increase the flow of milk in lactating mothers

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth / Is The White Vitamin C Better? / Benefits Of Jinja Herbal Extract Natural Detoxifier Boost Immune System Rich In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.