Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos (48852 Views)

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Compares Prices Of Drugs Between January 2023 & Now / Write For Us + Health / Topless White Man And His Partner Jogging Along The Road In VI, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Itzurboi(m): 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
pansophist:
He has a point though, but comparing Nigerian healthcare system with the US is like comparing the head of a chicken to the head of a Lion. Of course, they are both heads, but it makes sense to compare Lions head to a Tigers head.

He should compare the US healthcare system with Germany, Netherlands, Norway and other advanced countries in its comparable league, then it will clear that US healthcare system is shit, to put it bluntly.

are we not having same or better resources than the countries you listed... Why cant we harness ours and be a world class in our African World.
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Wallace2107: 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2017
[quote][/quote]dear dog owner.we know u are among those that act like u care for Africans and their problems when in d real sence u don't.i strongly advise u check yo self in to one of the extra 65+ for dogs because u really need it.no sane person will compare the U.S. and nigeria. U know how old u are as a nation.we may be backward to you,yes and we know,however we are a work in progress..my point is we know ur statement is borne out of hatred for nigeria and out of sachem.but nigeria is great n unique.face ur problems.go to Oakland and see the shitty live style.even Americans are running to Canada...Finally,broken medical facilities are SAD cases we got to deal with, RACISM is a much more bigger broblem America as a whole have to really deal with.U need to visit places like Sweden and Switzerland to understand how peaceful and almost perfectly things work in some countries compared to the U.S. Dont hate us and act like u care,even tho sadly the statement,if said out of genuine concern is true.peace

Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
giles14:
tango is a go
all e-warriors are clear to engage
I repeat tango is a go

Headquarters to all units

Abort mission

Repeat abort mission.

Sergeant Mustafi arrest this gentleman for mutiny
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Sixaxis: 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
No be true??
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by ElPhoche(m): 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
As bad as it may sound, what he said is true. Here in Houston, there is this hospital/building I pass everyday, the name is Petimaging. Men, it is way way better than your average Nigerian hospital, 100:1. And it is just about radiology for animals. When I was working in Nigeria, we used to send some of our patients down to Asaba or even Enugu, when our CT or MRI in NAUTH wasn't working. Do you know, in Houston, a mere Texas children hospital taking care of just an aspect of paediatrics is way 5X bigger than Transcorp Hilton in Nigeria?
My people, we are still very very far. Make I no talk the one weh relate to my profession sad

1 Like

Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by donqx: 1:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
hahahahaja
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Burgerlomo: 1:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
What he said is just a plain truth, it suppose to be a wake up call for our useless, greedy, self centered and shameless leaders. Dammit!
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by madridguy(m): 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
Bitter truth.
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Iamzik: 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2017
ishowdotgmail:
Everyone just wanna get noticed or attention. They knw Nigerians and reaction are like 5&6. They will still come at him very soon, and he will trend

He's right to some extent tho

Some extent Kwa?

The man is 100% correct.

Why Is your president travelling abroad if all is well with our healthcare system?
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by giles14(m): 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2017
alexistaiwo:

Headquarters to all units
Abort mission
Repeat abort mission.

Sergeant Mustafi arrest this gentleman for mutiny
E-WHQ to all sectional commander :- disregard all fake command asking to stand down.
tango is red all clear to engage
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by ElPhoche(m): 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
Cire80:
Luckily, Nigerians don't suffer up to 1% of cancer and brain tumor or any other acute and chronic sicknesses you can think of as the US. Any average teen or adult in the US has undergone one form of surgery or another. So many have artificial instruments fixed inside their body and others are living with gadgets. Yet they say Africa is home of diseases. Only someone that's never been there or someone that's never had close relationship with them would believe such claims
Trust me, your assertion is not true. I am a doctor. Part of the reasons it appears that our people don't suffer as much are these
-Nigeria doesn't have a cancer registry, at best a quasi-registry is what we have. The Americans have it and all tcancers are recorded. They are good with keeping records.
-Nigeria is just like the size of a state in the US.
Assume that in your village, 20person get an illness but only 6 reported, and then another State with 10 villages, who the 200 (20×10) reported, can you say that your village doesn't suffer cancers as much?
I am not trying to say that they don't have cancer as much as us, but cancers have types too. I know several times that when we make a diagnosis of cancer like Nephroblastoma in children, and tell the parents, they would be surprised thatn'children can have cancer'
-We don't seek care in Nigeria for reasons like shame, ignorance, poverty, 'church'

How many times have you gone for a checkup? That should go a long way in answering your question.

My regards to you. Do have a nice day

2 Likes

Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Icon79(m): 1:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
I totally agree with NbyOdai. S/He is the only person who understands what the Sean Murphy person is doing. The other mugus are just spitting bs not knowing that they are being used to accomplish an agenda. Most of these folks like to throw around all those crappy statistics to make them feel better about their sordid lives. Yes, NbyOdai is correct! Why compare Miami with Nigeria? Why not compare it with Berlin, Germany or Perth, Australia? And he also mentioned something very important which the original op would like to conveniently ignore - the cost of healthcare in this country. Hence, he's correct 'unless the pet owner is a multi millionaire, the pet would die' because an average pet owner can't afford the service in Miami either.... especially considering that pets don't have health insurance.

I have advised Nigerians times without number, on twitter, to quit washing their dirty linens in public. If you really want to affect change in Nigeria then contact the minister/ministry(ies) responsible directly or you can even contact the Presidency. Posting craps on twitter or Facebook isn't gonna change anything.

The racist mugus we have like to throw these statistics around not because they actually care about what's going on in Africa but rather to accomplish a bigger goal - their racist agenda. Like each time they tell you that a Nigerian lives on $3 per day. First, that statistics is false and a total fabrication. Secondly, they throw these numbers around without also juxtaposing it with the average cost of living. The cost of living in the US is much higher than in Nigeria, hence the purchasing power of three dollars in Nigeria isn't comparable to the United States.

And I can go on and on .... anyway, next time you see a foreigner trying to tell you how bad you've got it ask yourself what his/her true motives are, before you respond.

O pari
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by ernieboy(m): 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
Dee60:

MKO was right.

Africa should demand reparation.

This white forgot that America ( by default Miami) was built with the labour of African slaves!

Give us what you stole from us and see us develop machines for our dogs too.

oga abeg, was it only Africa that was colonized? India that has one of the best health care today was equally colonized. is it ur colonial masters that told ur leaders to divert billions meant for infrastructure to personal use?
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by joenor(m): 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2017
Na wah the man drop niaja rep like old mama bra hand. chai!
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Exciton(m): 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2017
The country will remain hopeless as long as crooks and illiterates make it to the top. The idi0ts at the top are too dumb to care about human development and quality of life.

It takes less than 15 years for one to acquire the knowledge required to build equipment such as these. It would also cost less than 1 billion dollars to set up basic high tech zones for research and development across the nation. Another half of a billion to improve universities and vocational institutes up to an acceptable standard. Regulate the quality of teachers etc.

But the idi0t leaders would rather buy mansions in Dubai and acquire jets and the latest cars. Instant gratification, no long term goals. Fvcking dvmb leaders!

PS: I've read some talking crap like: "hidden knowledge", "blame the colonial masters", "the country is just 57 years old" etc. It's fücking sh!t. Take responsibility!
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Cire80: 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
ElPhoche:

Trust me, your assertion is not true. I am a doctor. Part of the reasons it appears that our people don't suffer as much are these
-Nigeria doesn't have a cancer registry, at best a quasi-registry is what we have. The Americans have it and all tcancers are recorded. They are good with keeping records.
-Nigeria is just like the size of a state in the US.
Assume that in your village, 20person get an illness but only 6 reported, and then another State with 10 villages, who the 200 (20×10) reported, can you say that your village doesn't suffer cancers as much?
I am not trying to say that they don't have cancer as much as us, but cancers have types too. I know several times that when we make a diagnosis of cancer like Nephroblastoma in children, and tell the parents, they would be surprised thatn'children can have cancer'
-We don't seek care in Nigeria for reasons like shame, ignorance, poverty, 'church'

How many times have you gone for a checkup? That should go a long way in answering your question.

My regards to you. Do have a nice day
I'm not a doctor but I'm talking from first hand experience. I'm not talking about population but percentage. A high percentage of Americans are suffering from one sickness or the other. The common sickness in Nigeria is typhoid and malaria. I have friends and family here and in the US. From my experience there, a high percentage of Americans are suffering from some serious illness that requires an operation. Many people there survive on blood thinners. Some can't sleep without having some machines close by. Don't talk like I don't have friends in Nigeria anymore and don't know the type of sicknesses existing here.
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by ernieboy(m): 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
Icon79:
I ...Like each time they tell you that a Nigerian lives on $3 per day. First, that statistics is false and a total fabrication...

O pari
their statistics is false? why not post ur own and tell us how u arrived at it. the statistic on poverty put up by the Nigerian bureau of statistics in poverty is also false and racist abi?
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by wtfcoded: 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
Learn basic English before calling Nigeria a zoo. Idiot.
for the fact i'm not an oyinbo.
atleast, u understood what i wrote down there u piece of rotten tomatoessad
why not write down the correction rather than editing it with cancellation
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by ernieboy(m): 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
Cire80:
I'm not a doctor but I'm talking from first hand experience. I'm not talking about population but percentage. A high percentage of Americans are suffering from one sickness or the other. The common sickness in Nigeria is typhoid and malaria. I have friends and family here and in the US. From my experience there, a high percentage of Americans are suffering from some serious illness that requires an operation. Many people there survive on blood thinners. Some can't sleep without having some machines close by. Don't talk like I don't have friends in Nigeria anymore and don't know the type of sicknesses existing here.
stop sounding like an illiterate, did ur friends conduct a survey that they used to collect data from the 36 states and the over 700 LGAs we have in the country? do u know how many seemingly healthy looking persons are walking about not knowing anything is wrong because Nigerians don't go for medical checkup?

2 Likes

Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
wtfcoded:

for the fact i'm not an oyinbo.
atleast, u understood what i wrote down there u piece of rotten tomatoessad
why not write down the correction rather than editing it with cancellation
Son of a filthy warthog.
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Icon79(m): 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
Why not post the stats from the NBS, let's see what it shows?

O pari

ernieboy:

their statistics is false? why not post ur own and tell us how u arrived at it. the statistic on poverty put up by the Nigerian bureau of statistics in poverty is also false and racist abi?
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by talk2percy(m): 2:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
Buhari u see wetin u cause? Isorite...
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Josh44s(m): 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
Tolexander:
Nigerians will react!

React to what na? That someone told you the type of smelling poo you poo na him dey pain you? My friend will you keep kwayet! angry
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Tolexander: 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
Josh44s:

React to what na? That someone told you the type of smelling poo you poo na him dey pain you? My friend will you keep kwayet! angry
who is this that has just got a way of escape from the lunatic asylum?
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
obonujoker:
I wish Buhari can ban every medical doctor from going to practice abroad especially the graduate medical practitioners.....
you're a joke sir. if you can't stop your President from traveling abroad for basic healthcare you can't do anything with people's earned licences . as soon as I'm done, I'm leaving this Godforsaken country.
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by mceze(m): 2:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
efighter:
I don't argue with smelling white pigs that sleep with animals, I already have Biafran pigs and idiots to contend with.

You are a waste of sperm..If am your parents, I will sell you and buy goat..
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by MarieSucre(f): 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
I'm waiting for all the idiots to come and type "hater" or "PDP paid agent" or "IPOB". I'm happy Nigerians are beginning to have sense small-small.
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Zico5(m): 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2017
baddosky1:

What have the present government done with the looted funds recovered?
The same fate will happen to the present government if they try to loot our resources. No one will go Scot free.
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by edupedia: 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
and so?..who asked him?...everyone keeps having an opinion on nigeria..yeye....even india with one of the best health sector in th world mind their business

... Buhari has just asked them for our stolen money to be returned but have they ?...why does'nt this fake stupid white man carry placard to Washington to ask their banks use the money to bring cancer machines and technicians to run them?...
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Cire80: 2:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
ernieboy:

stop sounding like an illiterate, did ur friends conduct a survey that they used to collect data from the 36 states and the over 700 LGAs we have in the country? do u know how many seemingly healthy looking persons are walking about not knowing anything is wrong because Nigerians don't go for medical checkup?
I'm not going to go about this argument with you. Many Nigerians don't go for check up until they're sick but the data from those sick people shows that some certain diseases prevalent in the Western world are minimal in our part of the world. I expected you to mention things like their eating habits and environment and also stronger immunity as some of the reason its so but you never did. How you ever wondered how some people are able to drink dirty pond water and survive for centuries while a white man from the developed world would die immediately after a short time? What about mosquito bites? I can go on and on listing examples and factors that contribute to them
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by edupedia: 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
Zico5:

The same fate will happen to the present government if they try to loot our resources. No one will go Scot free.

....check the 57 achievements read out on October 1st if your hatred has not yet blinded your eyes....
Re: White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos by Shaev7(m): 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
ishowdotgmail:
Everyone just wanna get noticed or attention. They knw Nigerians and reaction are like 5&6. They will still come at him very soon, and he will trend

He's right to some extent tho

His is to all extent man, the only system that works in Nigeria is greed! But, even when we try to defend our country, we seem to look stupid in defence cos what you are defending in reality is show casing and making you self indicting as well. Its well man. Every nation has its own failed sector.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Side Effects Of AC (air Conditioner): We Should Watch Out For / Lady Runs Mad At Uselu Market, Benin After Being Dropped By A Benz / A Baby Boy Has Been Born From The World's Oldest Sperm. [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.