Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,724 members, 7,802,184 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

How Important Is The Catalytic Converter - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Important Is The Catalytic Converter (1545 Views)

Does Catalytic Converter Actually Reduces Fuel Consumption? / Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter / Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Important Is The Catalytic Converter by Nmaudu: 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
I recently purchased a 2013 Toyota Corolla from Cotonou, but the check engine and track off light are on. After scanning I was told that the catalytic converter was removed.

Presently, there are no issues with the car, and a full tank takes me about 400 miles before it goes into reserve. That's an average of 30 mpg combined.

I want experts in the house to advise if it would be necessary for me to purchase and install the catalytic converter and what the added advantage would be.
Re: How Important Is The Catalytic Converter by Ifeoluwa2018: 11:20am On Sep 16, 2020
Hello guys. Please can the absense of catalyst in my car affect the fuel economy. I bought a Toyota rav4 2010 V6 and I discovered that the cats have all been removed, but the car is seriously chopping my fuel. Thank you
Re: How Important Is The Catalytic Converter by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2020
Re: How Important Is The Catalytic Converter by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:27pm On Sep 16, 2020
Re: How Important Is The Catalytic Converter by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2020
play the videos to understand, you will notice thats most car has two o2 sensors one before the catalstic converter and one after

these monitors exhaust gases meaning the 1st o2 sensor measures values of exhaust gases straight from the engine then the 2nd o2 sensor measure values of exhaust gases after going the Catalytic Converter (cleaning process of exhaust gases) those reading from the o2 sensors should be within range specificed in the ECU if not thats will trigger a check engine light that might be related to o2 sensors or Catalytic Converter

so a missing Catalytic Converter can trigger the ECU to increase fuel ratio therefore your mpgs can drop

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Gazzuz Please Come To My Aid / Mobil 1 5w30/5w20 Advance Full Synthetic Made In USA / Honda Presents The All-new Honda HR-V Assembled In Nigeria To NADDC (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.