Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Foreign Job Issues - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreign Job Issues (1369 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Job Issues by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
Please for those in the know, how do you land a foreign job? I have tried linkedin but problem arises when the company emails me asking to schedule a physical interview the next day or 2 days after angry How the hell am i supposed to make it to the US(or anywhere else) within 24 hours (unplanned)? Is there anyone who has landed a foreign job either through linkedin or anywhere else? How did you get past the interview stage, etc. Help a brother.
Seun Justwise pls move this to fp.
Re: Foreign Job Issues by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
wise up they ar form of another yahoo nt real believe me,,,,if real intervieew by skype ,,,note it will involve money later be wise nt real from exprience

1 Like

Re: Foreign Job Issues by TWoods(m): 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2017
Henryyy:
Please for those in the know, how do you land a foreign job? I have tried linkedin but problem arises when the company emails me asking to schedule a physical interview the next day or 2 days after angry How the hell am i supposed to make it to the US(or anywhere else) within 24 hours (unplanned)? Is there anyone who has landed a foreign job either through linkedin or anywhere else? How did you get past the interview stage, etc. Help a brother.
Seun Justwise pls move this to fp.

It’s nigh impossible to get one unless you are in an executive position, using intra company transfer. I conducted a job search for my US-based company early this year. Applications from outside the US were automatically screened out. The point is simple, 1. In terms of educational qualifications, you are at a significant disadvantage; 2. you will need a work permit for any job in the US, Canada or Europe. This is an expensive and lengthy process so unless you are a flat out genius, it is pointless hiring you over someone with better qualifications who is already here.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Job Issues by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
yes ,,,is a scam ,,,is those yahoo boys
Re: Foreign Job Issues by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
omio4real:
wise up they ar form of another yahoo nt real believe me,,,,if real intervieew by skype ,,,note it will involve money later be wise nt real from exprience
I agree some might be scam but I have looked up a couple of their websites and the company address many times correlates with what's in the mail. But I appreciate the heads up. Blessings!
Re: Foreign Job Issues by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 02, 2017
TWoods:

It’s nigh impossible to get one unless you are in an executive position, using intra company transfer. I conducted a job search for my US-based company early this year. Applications from outside the US were automatically screened out. The point is simple, 1. In terms of educational qualifications, you are at a significant disadvantage; 2. you will need a work permit for any job in the US, Canada or Europe. This is an expensive and lengthy process so unless you are a flat out genius, it is pointless hiring you over someone with better qualifications who is already here.
You are right about Nigerian certificate having little to no value in the western world which is such a shame. However I've read and heard also, stories of people who got jobs overseas while still resident in Nigeria and I was wondering how they went about it. Thanks bro, appreciate your genuine and detailed response.
Re: Foreign Job Issues by TWoods(m): 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
Henryyy:

You are right about Nigerian certificate having little to no value in the western world which is such a shame. However I've read and heard also, stories of people who got jobs overseas while still resident in Nigeria and I was wondering how they went about it. Thanks bro, appreciate your genuine and detailed response.

Directly from Nigeria? Maybe European countries. It would be very hard for a US company to hire you. The work visa application is a lottery process.. so it’s hard to imagine a company would wait a year to file an application that would be based on luck of the draw.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Job Issues by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2017
It's very possible to land a job abroad.But in the USA?? Hmm that's very difficult if you're in Nigeria. I got several offers from the USA & Canada but couldn't proceed due to the fact that I was in Nigeria.But I think it's easier to get jobs in the gulf countries.I have gotten several offers too.
Re: Foreign Job Issues by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 03, 2017
Rolly83:
It's very possible to land a job abroad.But in the USA?? Hmm that's very difficult if you're in Nigeria. I got several offers from the USA & Canada but couldn't proceed due to the fact that I was in Nigeria.But I think it's easier to get jobs in the gulf countries.I have gotten several offers too.
yes in gulf country
Re: Foreign Job Issues by sunnymighty(m): 11:44am On Oct 03, 2017
Rolly83:

Can U recommend any websites, especially for the gulf offers, the ones I av come across requires money to register.
Re: Foreign Job Issues by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 03, 2017
TWoods,

Not necessarily US bro but mostly Gulf countries like the other guy said. I only used US as an example cos personally I get more of it from there.

Rolly83, thanks for your contribution bro. If I may ask, did u accept any of the offers from the gulf? *just curious* and also if you could help with genuine websites to find gulf jobs as someone rightly requested, that would be very nice. Thanks once again.
Re: Foreign Job Issues by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
sunnymighty:

Can U recommend any websites, especially for the gulf offers, the ones I av come across requires money to register.
dubizzle.com,,,uaejobs.com
Re: Foreign Job Issues by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 04, 2017
omio4real:
God bless you bro.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Job Issues by 4dor: 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2017
TWoods:

This doesn't apply to Software Developers, I know 15 people that have been recruited out of Ibadan and Lagos to companies in Germany and the UK this year alone. In fact a very close friend just left last month to work with a London based startup as a Machine Learning Engineer, man only has a degree from UI.

I won't argue about other professions but for mine, if you're good, companies will come for you regardless of your location.

Btw getting an EU Blue card is neither expensive nor lengthy.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Job Issues by sunnymighty(m): 4:52am On Oct 05, 2017
omio4real:

Bless U broda.
Can I PM you for their (Gulf states) CV template?
Re: Foreign Job Issues by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 05, 2017
sunnymighty:

Bless U broda. Can I PM you for their (Gulf states) CV template?
not understand
Re: Foreign Job Issues by celestine2015: 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
Rolly83:
I'm interested in Gulf Arab jobs, how do I get job there?
Re: Foreign Job Issues by KINGTELLER: 7:20am On Oct 08, 2017
I have received alot of invitations for accessment through my LinkedIn profile from Multinational companies, in Australia, Singapore even our own dear African countries.

The challenge of not scaling through the next hurdle is my being a Nigerian or residing in it. This has made hiring manger to turn me down. Just last week I was turn down again by a multinational company in SEA for a job hunt by their lead HR. Is it a crime studying or being a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Foreign Job Issues by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 08, 2017
KINGTELLER:
I have gotten recent invitations for accessment through my LinkedIn profile from Multinational companies. in Australia, Singapore even our dear African company.

But the problem is my being a Nigerian or residing in it has made this company to turn me down by hiring manger. Just last week I was turn down again by a multinational company in SEA for a job hunt by their lead HR. Is it a crime studying or being a Nigerian?
Bro that is the sad reality o. Na God go help us.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Cheap And Affordable Universities In Canada [$5000 To $15000 Per Year] / You Won't Believe This Exists In Northern Nigeria / Tls Contact Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.