Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Monique Honey, U Nasty - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Monique Honey, U Nasty (5777 Views)

Honey: The Beauty Savior [ladies Only] / Genevieve Nnaji Looking So Stunningly Beautiful In A Monique Lhuillier Dress / Underarm Hair On Girls - A Question Of Choice Or Just Plain Nasty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by ebonyz: 11:19pm On Mar 07, 2010
All thw women rooting for her obviously do the same. so i aint surprised undecided tongue

I dont understand why some girls always have to bring gender equality into everything.
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by chiogo(f): 11:24pm On Mar 07, 2010
bluespice:

err one grows hair the quantity is irrelevant lipsrsealed

i never used to shave my armpit either, some fools ala secondary school bitches that make err one's body issues their religion made me shave nothing and suddenly hair knew it was supposed to grow dumb bleeping bitches! angry
LOL. I swear some people have no hair whatsoever on their legs.
But yeah, whatever rocks one's boat.

ebonyz:

All thw women rooting for her obviously do the same. so i aint surprised undecided tongue

I dont understand why some girls always have to bring gender equality into everything.
Rooting for her ke? Na fight? If you actually think about it, it does have something to do with gender equality.
How come nobody complains when guys go with bushy armpits but for a woman, it's disgusting? I wouldn't do like mo'nique though since I guess the society has affected me but I still admire her for doing it her way even if it looks 'disgusting' to people.
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by ebonyz: 11:30pm On Mar 07, 2010
chiogo:

Rooting for her ke? Na fight? If you actually think about it, it does have something to do with gender equality.
How come nobody complains when guys go with bushy armpits but for a woman, it's disgusting? I wouldn't do like mo'nique though since I guess the society has affected me but I still admire her for doing it her way even if it looks 'disgusting' to people.

I dont even like a man with hair all over his armpits, ewwwww embarassed
And it shouldnt be about gender BS, somethings are just ladylike. cheesy
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by bluespice(f): 11:34pm On Mar 07, 2010
ebonyz:

when you hear the word pink
what does it connote?
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by chiogo(f): 11:36pm On Mar 07, 2010
ebonyz:

It's all in the head - you think it's 'ladylike' 'cause the media said so. Nothing more, what's the evidence that it's ladylike? tongue
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by H2O2: 11:38pm On Mar 07, 2010
YUCCCCCCCCCCCK Monique, go and shave bro!
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by ebonyz: 11:38pm On Mar 07, 2010
bluespice:

when you hear the word pink
what does it connote?

barbie. ur point is? undecided
It takes a real man to wear pink, if that is wat u want to hear undecided

chiogo:

It's all in the head - you think it's 'ladylike' 'cause the media said so. Nothing more, what's the evidence that it's ladylike? tongue

Shaving has nothing to do with media.
Do you shave your armpits or down there because media said so?
do women only shape their eye brows cuz media said so?
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by ebonyz: 11:41pm On Mar 07, 2010
I dont know about any other girl but i like smoothness feel i get when i touch my skin and so does the guys i date.
who wants a girl that her skin feels just like her man, he might as well be in bed with another guy. tongue
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by chiogo(f): 11:44pm On Mar 07, 2010
ebonyz:

Shaving has nothing to do with media.
Do you shave your armpits or down there because media said so?
do women only shape their eye brows cuz media said so?
Yes, it is because of the media, you might not realize it as you adhere to it unconsciously.
So, what exactly makes it ladylike? I don't think there are any particular health risks for not shaving so long as you shower properly.

The media propagates things like this with images, do you see hairy women on TV? NO.
Or one with a professional job or considered beautiful or playing a role that claims those titles? NO.
It's in-built, we get used to these images and see them as the norm. Simple.
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by chic2pimp(m): 11:48pm On Mar 07, 2010
H2O2:

YUCCCCCCCCCCCK Monique, go and shave bro!

grin grin grin grin

I remember the peeps on t.v saying her legs looks like a dude's own lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by ebonyz: 11:50pm On Mar 07, 2010
chiogo:

Yes, it is because of the media, you might not realize it as you adhere to it unconsciously.
So, what exactly makes it ladylike? I don't think there are any particular health risks for not shaving so long as you shower properly.

The media propagates things like this with images, do you see hairy women on TV? NO.
Or one with a professional job or considered beautiful or playing a role that claims those titles? NO.
It's in-built, we get used to these images and see them as the norm. Simple.

Oh lawd
It has nothing to do with the media, maybe in the dark ages it was ok for women to have hairy legs but cmon we are in the 21st century.
Most women shave because they want to look and feel good, women do make-up cuz they want to do something to enhance their beauty. heck even my grandma said she used make-up back in her dayz, was it media then too?

I know for a fact who would look at a man that wear make up twice, hell you wont even say yes if he ask you out. why? because wearing make up isnt a man's thing. cheesy

so yea, so things are ladylike cool
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by chiogo(f): 11:52pm On Mar 07, 2010
I give up on your case. grin

Digest what I wrote and you'll see you're contradicting yourself. What does 21st century tell you?
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by ebonyz: 11:53pm On Mar 07, 2010
chic2pimp:

grin grin grin grin

I remember the peeps on t.v saying her legs looks like a dude's own lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

my point excatly.
For chrissakes, if you love having hairy legs keep it under your dress or wait till you get home before getting them out grin
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by bluespice(f): 11:53pm On Mar 07, 2010
ebonyz:

barbie. your point is? undecided
It takes a real man to wear pink, if that is wat u want to hear undecided
you'll do well to refrain for assumptions

back to my question,
you think of barbie because you have been conditioned to associate pink with the doll barbie
do you remember that barbie does sport other colors like blue and purple?

my point is, your definition of beauty or what passes as ladylike is influenced by society
so irrespective of whether you choose to accept it or not, society is not always right.
Now if you started this thread with the thought of her unshaven legs being disgusting because you like smooth legs, i assure you the comments would have been different.
What you associate as just or aesthetically pleasing might e a sight for sore eyes to another person.
While you associate pink with barbie, pink reminds me of colored barf.
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by ebonyz: 11:54pm On Mar 07, 2010
chiogo:

What does 21st century tell you?

That we should get with time and stop living in dark ages and stop blaming media or celebrities cool
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by bluespice(f): 11:55pm On Mar 07, 2010
ebonyz:

That we should get with time and stop living in dark ages and stop blaming media or celebrities cool
pardon me but do you suffer from MPD?
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by chic2pimp(m): 11:57pm On Mar 07, 2010
ebonyz:

my point excatly.
For chrissakes, if you love having hairy legs keep it under your dress or wait till you get home before getting them out grin

I get what you are saying grin.
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by ebonyz: 11:57pm On Mar 07, 2010
bluespice:

you'll do well to refrain for assumptions

back to my question,
you think of barbie because you have been conditioned to associate pink with the doll barbie
do you remember that barbie does sport other colors like blue and purple?

my point is, your definition of beauty or what passes as ladylike is influenced by society
so irrespective of whether you choose to accept it or not, society is not always right.
Now if you started this thread with the thought of her unshaven legs being disgusting because you like smooth legs, i assure you the comments would have been different.
What you associate as just or aesthetically pleasing might e a sight for sore eyes to another person.
While you associate pink with barbie, pink reminds me of colored barf.

You know what keep rocking ur hairy legs, i still think monique is nasty and i know i am entitled to my own opinions. cheesy

bluespice:

pardon me but do you suffer from MPD?

yea . .   wanna cure me? undecided
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by mamagee3(f): 11:59pm On Mar 07, 2010
Monique has got hairy legs. . . shocked shocked
You know, the funny thing is that I wouldn't have noticed her hairy legs
if I was merely looking at that photo. . .
Damn, whatever happened to having a good shave before walking on the red carpet
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by ebonyz: 12:01am On Mar 08, 2010
chic2pimp:

I get what you are saying grin.

thanks jare
some women are just lazy when it comes to taking care of themselves, no wonder monique was saying he wouldnt divorce her husband even if he cheats 20times.

looking at her hairy legs, i cant begin to imagine how down there will look like. . .yuck grin
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by chiogo(f): 12:01am On Mar 08, 2010
ebonyz:

Get with time as in how? how do you know "what's up" if the media/society doesn't show you through certain images?
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by ebonyz: 12:03am On Mar 08, 2010
mama-gee:

Monique has got hairy legs. . . shocked shocked
You know, the funny thing is that I wouldn't have noticed her hairy legs
if I was merely looking at that photo. . .
Damn, whatever happened to having a good shave before walking on the red carpet

Apparently she doesnt have to shave grin cheesy

chiogo:

Get with time as in how? how do you know "what's up" if the media/society doesn't show you through certain images?

Do u perm ur hair or do u leave it natural?
if u perm it, WHY?
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by chiogo(f): 12:05am On Mar 08, 2010
I'm sure she has money to get a wax, maybe it's not about laziness - her choice.

I don't shave my legs during the winter, I don't think I'm lazy because I do shave other areas like every 3 days. But not worth shaving my legs when all I wear are pants.  
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by bluespice(f): 12:06am On Mar 08, 2010
*face fucking palm*

this is like a total mind-Bleep right?
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by ebonyz: 12:08am On Mar 08, 2010
chiogo:

I'm sure she has money to get a wax, maybe it's not about laziness - her choice.

I don't shave my legs during the winter, I don't think I'm lazy because I do shave other areas like every 3 days. But not worth shaving my legs when all I wear are pants.  

If u have read some of my replies u'd see that i said if she has hairy legs and doesnt want to shave, she should have wore a long dress and hide those legs. undecided tongue

althought the woman wore long dress here and still had to show us the darn legs grin

Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by chic2pimp(m): 12:12am On Mar 08, 2010
This is serious oooo grin grin grin
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by chiogo(f): 12:13am On Mar 08, 2010
ebonyz:

Do u perm your hair or do u leave it natural?
if u perm it, WHY?
Good question. Yes, because it's easier to comb/manage, to me anyway.

What's your point?

ebonyz:

If u have read some of my replies u'd see that i said if she has hairy legs and doesnt want to shave, she should have wore a long dress and hide those legs. undecided tongue
And like I said, I wouldn't do what she's doing but I know my decision was influenced by the society, which was the argument. She refuses to be influenced - her choice.
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by THEAMAKA(f): 12:13am On Mar 08, 2010
OH PLEASE!!!
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by ebonyz: 12:15am On Mar 08, 2010
chiogo:

Oh i just wanted to know if it was media that made you perm it. undecided
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by tubabie(f): 12:26am On Mar 08, 2010
chiogo:

What's your point?

ebonyz:

Oh i just wanted to know if it was media that made you perm it. undecided

@Ebony
I have been watching this topic, can't you see how you keep contradicting yourself?
The bottom line of posts on here is that shaving of the legs is a personal choice. There's no code of etiiquette stating a lady MUST shave her legs.
Now that may not appeal to everyone but then what the heck?? The same way wearing make up aint compulsory
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by ayettymama(f): 12:56am On Mar 08, 2010
ebonyz:

well i dont need to shave cos i dont look like wolverine tongue tongue tongue

thats what happens when u use all sorts of rubbish on ur legs!
Re: Monique Honey, U Nasty by Nobody: 1:58am On Mar 08, 2010
Abeg leave Monique alone jarre! The man no send, afterall they both have an agreement on him having sex outside their marriage grin

Ok seriously though, I don't shave my legs all the time except when it's becoming noticeable, infact u tink sai na all girls dey shave leg!! I no shave leg wen i dey naija o!

Monique rocks, all hail the sultan!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BOX Braids / ♥♥♥ ~~ I ♥♥♥ Gorgeous Gowns~~ ♥♥♥ / I Need A Fashion School In Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.