Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME (23611 Views)

BREAKING: Senate Moves To Stop JAMB From Admitting Candidates Below 18 / Senate Moves To Create University Of Health And Medical Sciences In Suleja / University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by babapressy(m): 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
I think this is a good idea �
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by awa(m): 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
The North are just working everything to their favor. Scrap it and replace it with IM
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Wenebadu(f): 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
enemyofprogress:
so you still dey follow small children write JAMB at your age?
you must be dopey for asking such question.
my comment doesn't mean that I am still writing jamb. receive sense in Jesus name!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by nwakibie3(m): 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ndi ara. Were they not the ones that reinstated it after scrapping it. These mofos don't have work to do seriously
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by BadBradley: 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
Those idle thieves should scrap NYSC
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by skimmy005: 8:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
alt3r3g0:
With Jamb score as 120?
sha na all school dia jamb cuttoff be 120??
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by cyberguy72(m): 8:39pm On Oct 03, 2017
Senate wants their share of the post ume largersee,FG is already collecting theirs tru TSA
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by djlittlej(m): 8:40pm On Oct 03, 2017
Welcome to Nigeria, where the president is confused(Buhari), the entertainers are confused(psquare), the citizens are confused(ipob), the educational system(jamb and ASUU), even the legislative panel are confused, i thought they scrapped off the post utme stuff last year, while the stuff this year? After UNIBEN have rubbished us last week with their useless "no calculator" post utme exam, abeg Nigeria is a joke jur!!!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Lekayleke: 8:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
Why can't we just scrap everything in Nigeria, It seems every system is not working .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
opera1:

SOURCE

they have been making this move since 2005 post ume started.
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by enemyofprogress: 8:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
Wenebadu:

you must be dopey for asking such question.
my comment doesn't mean that I am still writing jamb. receive sense in Jesus name!
e pain am. Grandma wan die o grin grin grin tongue
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Obiwiz(m): 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2017
eph12:
But they just brought it back this year
Country is run by psychos and unstable people
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by tgmservice: 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2017
pls help has ekiti state university fixed their post utme
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Freddonance(m): 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2017
POST UTME is more reliable than JAMB. it increases the competition among students as only the best will be admitted on merit before the man know man system of Nigeria will be employed. So many good students who are helpless in this regard has been admitted as against the fraudulent exams conducted by Jamb. JAMB exams if filled with lots of malpractices & irregularities. Jamb should be scraped instead.
only those who want to cheat will agitate for the cancellation or scrapping of POST UTME

2 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by INTERMAN: 9:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
This government is stupid. What concern senate with Post utme. What concern them?
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by djlittlej(m): 9:06pm On Oct 03, 2017
Freddonance:
POST UTME is more reliable than JAMB. it increases the competition among students as only the best will be admitted on merit before the man know man system of Nigeria will be employed. So many good students who are helpless in this regard has been admitted as against the fraudulent exams conducted by Jamb. JAMB exams if filled with lots of malpractices & irregularities. Jamb should be scraped instead.
only those who want to cheat will agitate for the cancellation or scrapping of POST UTME
and you believed the post utme is not corrupt too?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Modelqwen(f): 9:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
shocked

confused senate
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by maykam(m): 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
It's like they're frying chin chin on top their heads. Una no want person wey no get long leg enter school again?
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by nwaanambra1(m): 9:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
Statsocial:
I like to address issues without being unnecessarily emotional.

1) Nigerian Universities are currently underfunded yet you are taking away the little avenues they use in making money and balancing budget. To apply to any University across the globe you need to pay about $100 just as application fee which is non refundable even if you don't get the admission. The education in public universities is free already what is wrong in actually collecting a token for PUME. Of course I am not in support of excessive charges but stakeholders ought to come together and agree on a fixed amount for public universities and then enforce it.

2) Jamb does the fleecing - if you truly want to protect the rights of Nigerian youths then I think the best thing to do is to scrap Jamb itself. What is the use of the 5 billion being generated by jamb to the educational sector. It all ends up in the pockets of looters. These same schools you are taking funds from are severely underfunded. You have no problem taking away the pume because the money doesn't end in your pocket like that of jamb yet you are bothered about pume which is actually helpful to the universities.

i warned about this after getting the information from a reliable source in the military. a northern soldier who was not happy with the murder of innocent youths in the east. yes it sounds odd but its the truth.

https://www.nairaland.com/4070950/terror-plan-southeast
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by soflygerian(m): 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2017
When you admit people due to quota system over merit all you get is a big joke.. By the way why force a university to take in more than they can accommodate and yet FG will wait until ASUU strikes before they fund education. Still a fool at 57..
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Emytea(m): 9:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
What is d need of goin to school self, when a student who comes out with distinction wil b give 10k+ laptop of 40k, and some body wey no go school dey enjoy 4 big brother naija after al enjoyment them give am 25m + car worth milions, it hurts xo much
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Charly68: 9:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
When the committee of vc go there to settle,Nigerians will see that our senators are looking for cash ..I bet you this action will never see the light of the day..
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by ivolt: 9:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
So many dumb people in the senate.
What economic or educational advantage does scrapping Post-UTME gives ?
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by davillian(m): 9:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
Let me see you
Let me see you
Back back forth and forth
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 03, 2017
dis pple are insanee & will never regain their sanity lipsrsealed
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 03, 2017
ivolt:
So many dumb people in the senate.
What economic or educational advantage does scrapping Post-UTME gives ?
how school fees helps the economy lolz.
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Tobium1(m): 10:01pm On Oct 03, 2017
cuedish:
Nigeria education system is as bad as a toilet without water.

Let them make the money, since the government is not sincere in keeping their part of agreement as to financial support
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by diadem10: 10:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
But why are the northerners always the ones championing this foolish motion? Could it be they found it difficult compete with better brains to get into the university of their choice or what's their problem? Although it doesn't concern me per se but I have younger relatives..
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 03, 2017
Obasanjo created all these problems to Nigeria educational institutions. Now he's out there forming clueless saint.

Very soon Buhari's administration will start to proffer solutions to the issues they are refusing to solves.
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 03, 2017
Kagarko:
Hope the mover of the motion is doing so In good faith. Hope his ward wasn't denied admission through Putme.

Quite frankly speaking, the move is a good one. It really amount to waste of time and resources writing jamb and post utme.

But I used to think that lack of enough institution that will take the millions seeking admission is the problem.

The Senate should rather create bil that will sanitise the private universities and provide an enabling environment for more institution to come on board. 120 universities 80 government owned and 40 privately owned. This is way too small for a country of 200 millions.

Brazil has about 3000 universities 70 of which is Agriculturally inclined. How can they have food shortage or how can their children seeking admission not have space.

Imagine about 8000 students applied for medicine in ABU last year and ABU have vacancy for only about 300 students.

I think PMB need to declare state of emergency on education.

God bless Nigeria and Nigerians

God bless PMB
Also note the pressure on public universities is another issue. There are enough universities to absorbed the students but because of the high fees in private universities, most students opt in for public ones.
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
ANTONINEUTRON:
With D 120 Cut Off Mark

Putme Is Needed, But At A Cheaper Rate. How Can Fedpolynas Be Charging 5k For Putme
PUTME isn't needed. There's no need writing the same exam to gain admission
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
Statsocial:
I like to address issues without being unnecessarily emotional.

1) Nigerian Universities are currently underfunded yet you are taking away the little avenues they use in making money and balancing budget. To apply to any University across the globe you need to pay about $100 just as application fee which is non refundable even if you don't get the admission. The education in public universities is free already what is wrong in actually collecting a token for PUME. Of course I am not in support of excessive charges but stakeholders ought to come together and agree on a fixed amount for public universities and then enforce it.

2) Jamb does the fleecing - if you truly want to protect the rights of Nigerian youths then I think the best thing to do is to scrap Jamb itself. What is the use of the 5 billion being generated by jamb to the educational sector. It all ends up in the pockets of looters. These same schools you are taking funds from are severely underfunded. You have no problem taking away the pume because the money doesn't end in your pocket like that of jamb yet you are bothered about pume which is actually helpful to the universities.

but stakeholders ought to come together and agree on a fixed amount for public universities and then enforce it.
There was an agreement between Jamb and universities to charge N2,500 for post utme,why would most universities not follow that directive?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dauda Mohammed Is Dead (NANS Former President) / Lists of Expensive Secondary Schools In Lagos State / 7 Reasons Why Students Fail WAEC Exams Every Year And How To Avoid Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.