Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME (23621 Views)

BREAKING: Senate Moves To Stop JAMB From Admitting Candidates Below 18 / Senate Moves To Create University Of Health And Medical Sciences In Suleja / University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
enemyofprogress:
so you still dey follow small children write JAMB at your age?
Shey jamb na for small pikin?
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Alphasoar(m): 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
Every day news . . .
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by kolas88(m): 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
Yeye Legislooters. They should discuss and order that committee to work on how to pay ASUU demands first.
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Enkay0495: 10:54pm On Oct 03, 2017
And just yesterday I read a post on Greenlandarise.com concerning something, I couldn't have found more valid points concerning this matter like I found in this post http://greenlandarise.com/2017/09/28/should-jamb-be-scrapped/
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by bigpicture001: 10:56pm On Oct 03, 2017
..jamb should be scrapped not post ume
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by COOLHOMIE(m): 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
Statsocial:
I like to address issues without being unnecessarily emotional.

1) Nigerian Universities are currently underfunded yet you are taking away the little avenues they use in making money and balancing budget. To apply to any University across the globe you need to pay about $100 just as application fee which is non refundable even if you don't get the admission. The education in public universities is free already what is wrong in actually collecting a token for PUME. Of course I am not in support of excessive charges but stakeholders ought to come together and agree on a fixed amount for public universities and then enforce it.

2) Jamb does the fleecing - if you truly want to protect the rights of Nigerian youths then I think the best thing to do is to scrap Jamb itself. What is the use of the 5 billion being generated by jamb to the educational sector. It all ends up in the pockets of looters. These same schools you are taking funds from are severely underfunded. You have no problem taking away the pume because the money doesn't end in your pocket like that of jamb yet you are bothered about pume which is actually helpful to the universities.

god bless you screening last year people were able to forge result and go freely
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Augustap(f): 11:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
These people's brains are asthmatic
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by omoelerin1: 11:48pm On Oct 03, 2017
ayusco85:
‼‼‼FATAL ALERT‼‼‼

Information reaching us now is that the military / Fulani herdsmen want to put on Biafra uniform / flags and start bombing police stations and government properties any moment from now, just to prove their point to the whole world for labeling IPOB a terrorist organization. They are looking for evidence to justify their pronouncement.

Please let's spread this information to let the world know their evil plan and atrocity. Those of you in the southeast, please keep our mobile phones handy to capture everything on social media. Going Facebook Live is very important.

Note: You��can stop more blood shed just for sharing this information. Because if they notice that everyone is aware of this evil plan, they will never continue with it.

#Let'S keep sharing....
If you senseless, do you think other people are senseless as well?

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by omoelerin1: 11:50pm On Oct 03, 2017
ayusco85:
‼‼‼FATAL ALERT‼‼‼

Information reaching us now is that the military / Fulani herdsmen want to put on Biafra uniform / flags and start bombing police stations and government properties any moment from now, just to prove their point to the whole world for labeling IPOB a terrorist organization. They are looking for evidence to justify their pronouncement.

Please let's spread this information to let the world know their evil plan and atrocity. Those of you in the southeast, please keep our mobile phones handy to capture everything on social media. Going Facebook Live is very important.

Note: You��can stop more blood shed just for sharing this information. Because if they notice that everyone is aware of this evil plan, they will never continue with it.

#Let'S keep sharing....
If you are senseless that you cant reason very well, do you think other people are senseless as well?

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by frankfab(m): 11:57pm On Oct 03, 2017
The level of unconventional policies made by these Senile administrators is becoming inadmissible. The obsolete education system of Nigeria is evident in intricate issues like this. God save us!
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by JoyceTed(f): 1:57am On Oct 04, 2017
Why cant they let us be for crying out loud?? They derive joy in frustrating students, its unfair ooo......they should kuku scrap education cry
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by silifat11(m): 3:09am On Oct 04, 2017
How many times will they scrap the POST-UTME?
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by iyamchee(m): 6:52am On Oct 04, 2017
Statsocial:
I like to address issues without being unnecessarily emotional.

1) Nigerian Universities are currently underfunded yet you are taking away the little avenues they use in making money and balancing budget. To apply to any University across the globe you need to pay about $100 just as application fee which is non refundable even if you don't get the admission. The education in public universities is free already what is wrong in actually collecting a token for PUME. Of course I am not in support of excessive charges but stakeholders ought to come together and agree on a fixed amount for public universities and then enforce it.

2) Jamb does the fleecing - if you truly want to protect the rights of Nigerian youths then I think the best thing to do is to scrap Jamb itself. What is the use of the 5 billion being generated by jamb to the educational sector. It all ends up in the pockets of looters. These same schools you are taking funds from are severely underfunded. You have no problem taking away the pume because the money doesn't end in your pocket like that of jamb yet you are bothered about pume which is actually helpful to the universities.

Bruh, it's the exam that's been scrapped.....
not the money making....
last year, there was no exam, but you still had to buy forms....
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by kingkardesh17(m): 7:33am On Oct 04, 2017
Never trust those jackass polithiefcians they are only fighting for thier pocket they are our number one problem.
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by JazzMode: 8:03am On Oct 04, 2017
cuedish:
Nigeria education system is as bad as a toilet without water.

You've said it all.
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 04, 2017
silifat11:
How many times will they scrap the POST-UTME?
U never c something.

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by IamOlusa(m): 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2017
hotspec:
Good decision if it works out. PUTME is nothing but a money making Avenue
If the Putme is scrap out, what trusted policy will be used to issue admission?
Re: Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME by METEORICQUAN(m): 8:13pm On Oct 04, 2017
Nigeria is a bleeped up country. Imagine federal government scrapping post utme today and tomorrow, reinstating it. They don't know what it takes an average Nigerian to go to Nigerian universities yet they keep making laws that do no favor the masses. I'm sure gonna leave this country Nigeria is a bleeped up country. Imagine federal government scrapping post utme today and tomorrow, reinstating it. They don't know what it takes an average Nigerian to go to Nigerian universities yet they keep making laws that do no favor the masses. I'm sure gonna leave this country Nigeria is a bleeped up country. Imagine federal government scrapping post utme today and tomorrow, reinstating it. They don't know what it takes an average Nigerian to go to Nigerian universities yet they keep making laws that do no favor the masses. I'm sure gonna leave this country

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: What Led To The Walkout Of The Union Members During The Meeting / Unizik 2011/2012 Admission Statue/list Is Out. / Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.