Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) (13051 Views)

LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) / Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. / These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by Christeety: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2017
Good morning everyone

Please your family and friends at the Ekiti State University College of Medicine needs your help.
We have been stagnant for so long. 8yrs and still in 400l.

Follow and help RT posts from @richmaketown @luyidee @omojuwa @seunak1.
@kiloexpect1.
Your own tweet is a plus.
Or just search for #StagnantEksuMed and RT .

We made front page on Nairaland.
Let everyone know the pain we are going through as students in a state we call Fountain of Knowledge.
Fayose has not contributed the common #5 to our progress. He has refused to give us Audience.
The last time we challenged the institution, they chased us home for 2months.
They impose on us any fee they feel we should pay. We are helpless.
The school pays 8k for faculty due. They said we medical students should pay 16k.
Out school fee skyrocketed from 162k to 356k.
Fayose goes to the media and says we have accreditation yet we failed accreditation.
We get to the wards inside hospital and the nurses tell us to go and buy gloves. Common face mask, we are asked to go and buy it when we paid 100k as clinical supplement.
We are suffering and we are helpless.
Save a Doctor Today, Save a Patient Tomorrow.
#StagnantEksuMed
Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by MrEgghead(m): 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2017
It's time Federal Govt starts penalizing any school that admits students into medicine without full accreditation from the regulatory.
personally,I wouldn't even advise my enemies to study medicine in any state govt school but out of desperation and anxiety,some students fall to their bait...
Most of the state institutions are only interested in your money,they don't care about your future nor the output.
Take for Instance,university of Ibadan pharmacy school lost its accreditation recently and the school did well to inform the general public and warn candidates to change their course or Institution...This is what a honest and transparent Institution does.
It's very rare to find any state govt institution that doesn't have problem with medical school accreditation.
Students should make enquiries before making choices because they are to suffer the consequences later .
Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by lagosrd: 1:47pm On Oct 04, 2017
Elbowroom:

Story

But when Buhari de complain of werin last administration don do to wreck the country, people like u will say he should not complain

But u want fayose to complain and give us flimsy excuses

Whiles he's busy abusing buhari, blaming Buhari for his lack of erection and cutting Kpomo about

Can't see any quote here, only saw some written letters in English language by someone not happy with himself.
Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by wahzupguy(m): 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2017
Twitter epp you

Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by lereinter(m): 3:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
studying medicine in a sch like eksu
is it
epe study center or oro study centre
Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by hebeerownke(f): 3:47pm On Oct 04, 2017
this outburst is long overdue...my cousin in DAT school bought me an entrance form into school of nursing in the year 2012..he was at 300l then...I graduated from school of nursing two years ago,currently specializing n the poor dude is still stuck in 400l....please let's raise our voices for these ones....till their cry get to the top...them don't turn Grandpapa for med school....SaveEksuMed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by mechanics(m): 5:14pm On Oct 04, 2017
Too bad.
Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by Elbowroom: 6:17pm On Oct 04, 2017
lagosrd:

Can't see any quote here, only saw some written letters in English language by someone not happy with himself.

Why u hurt?

1 Like

Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by Elbowroom: 6:18pm On Oct 04, 2017
FagsamPHP:

your brain is Paining you, was Nigeria created in 1999?

But na APC de run ekiti since whenever your created your own Nigeria?

U get brain diarrhea
Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by Lawrence4478: 10:55pm On Oct 04, 2017
ogtavia:
The beautiful ones might not be born yet but certainly the foolish ones have been born and they are in Ekiti....

1) Considering how people must have been admitted into that medical college in Eksu...what were you expecting??

2) If you guys could do better than Eksu, nothing stops you people from writing Jamb and applying in other medical colleges in the country...it is that easy...

3) Your governor is not your problem...but he can't be absolved of certain blames tending towards mismanagement and low funding of the school.

In all,I feel your pain,but you people seem not to know the value of time and the years you are wasting just because you want to become a doctor...

in other news,osun state University had this sort of accreditation problem and the governor (ogbeni aregbesola) flew them out to Ukraine to continue their studies....i don't know the arrangements he had with the students then but those students have graduated now...

abeg, you people should stop making noise,NUC is very strict on accreditation and would not dole out accreditations generously...we have too many quack doctors in the country..
People like you shouldn't be in the midst of the sane..
You don't even know the main body responsible for accreditation of the college of medicine it's MDCN and not NUC.. Mind you ogtavi we got the NUC accreditation years back that's a small thing you see.. Instead of apportioning blame to those who went to a particular school you've to ask questions
1.will there be any accreditation if there're no students around? Which is impossible without having students around..
2. How far have they grown.. Which I'll will answer..
We have full NUC accreditation, we have accreditation for faculty of basic medical sciences so we have just two to go and the stuff delaying is the infrastructures which we're trying to beg the government for just to help us out.
3. Ask your sorry self how much this people pay as school fee.. Close to 400k all is that not fine?
So next time don't just come here and spit all the futile stuff you've in that skul of yours
Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by AMIRCHRIS(m): 12:21am On Oct 05, 2017
ogtavia:
The beautiful ones might not be born yet but certainly the foolish ones have been born and they are in Ekiti....

1) Considering how people must have been admitted into that medical college in Eksu...what were you expecting??

2) If you guys could do better than Eksu, nothing stops you people from writing Jamb and applying in other medical colleges in the country...it is that easy...

3) Your governor is not your problem...but he can't be absolved of certain blames tending towards mismanagement and low funding of the school.

In all,I feel your pain,but you people seem not to know the value of time and the years you are wasting just because you want to become a doctor...

in other news,osun state University had this sort of accreditation problem and the governor (ogbeni aregbesola) flew them out to Ukraine to continue their studies....i don't know the arrangements he had with the students then but those students have graduated now...

abeg, you people should stop making noise,NUC is very strict on accreditation and would not dole out accreditations generously...we have too many quack doctors in the country..

Imagine you are in a bus to ekiti from Lagos, and your bus developed a fault at osun state. the only place you can get another "ekiti bus" is Lagos, so if you need another bus, you have to go back.

would you go back to Lagos all the way from osun state or look for means to make the bus move?
Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by ogtavia(m): 12:51am On Oct 05, 2017
AMIRCHRIS:

Imagine you are in a bus to ekiti from Lagos, and your bus developed a fault at osun state. the only place you can get another "ekiti bus" is Lagos, so if you need another bus, you have to go back.

would you go back to Lagos all the way from osun state or look for means to make the bus move?

Well...I will find a bus going to Akure from Osun state...when I get to Akure,i can either spend the night there or look for another vehicle and continue my journey to Ekiti..

A distinct privilege/attribute of being human is the ability to make choices and reasonable decisions...everyone must exploit it to survive..
Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by ogtavia(m): 1:10am On Oct 05, 2017
Lawrence4478:

People like you shouldn't be in the midst of the sane..
You don't even know the main body responsible for accreditation of the college of medicine it's MDCN and not NUC.. Mind you ogtavi we got the NUC accreditation years back that's a small thing you see.. Instead of apportioning blame to those who went to a particular school you've to ask questions
1.will there be any accreditation if there're no students around? Which is impossible without having students around..
2. How far have they grown.. Which I'll will answer..
We have full NUC accreditation, we have accreditation for faculty of basic medical sciences so we have just two to go and the stuff delaying is the infrastructures which we're trying to beg the government for just to help us out.
3. Ask your sorry self how much this people pay as school fee.. Close to 400k all is that not fine?
So next time don't just come here and spit all the futile stuff you've in that skul of yours

You could have made your point without the verbal assaults, that wasn't necessary at all..
I admit that I was ignorant about the body that gives final accreditation for medical and dental studies in Nigeria..i also admit that I made un-informed assertions about the major reasons why the college has been without accreditation...

Now,you said the school lacks necessary infrastructures to obtain accreditation yet the students pay 400k without being coerced into it and still do not receive commensurate knowledge and training...I wonder how I appear to be the insane person...

You people can go on begging the government to help you with infrastructures or just realise you have a life and find other means of achieving your goals.
Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by Lawrence4478: 11:34am On Oct 05, 2017
ogtavia:

You could have made your point without the verbal assaults, that wasn't necessary at all..
I admit that I was ignorant about the body that gives final accreditation for medical and dental studies in Nigeria..i also admit that I made un-informed assertions about the major reasons why the college has been without accreditation...

Now,you said the school lacks necessary infrastructures to obtain accreditation yet the students pay 400k without being coerced into it and still do not receive commensurate knowledge and training...I wonder how I appear to be the insane person...

You people can go on begging the government to help you with infrastructures or just realise you have a life and find other means of achieving your goals.

okay I apologize for using those insulting words but what is the meaning of what you said that "the foolish ones have been born and they're in Ekiti" ones again I tell you that's insane cause that statement is really more annoying than all I've said..
Out of your ignorance you came here to spit abusive words blaming the students for going to school in their very own state.. Our very own FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE we're brilliant, we're rich, the college of medicine is beautiful but the problem is with the teaching hospital and that can be solved by the state government and not the school alone, we need support that's why we are calling the attention of the state government to this..
Stop abusing us and stop downgrading eksu we know what we're doing okay.. Go to the teaching hospital and ask for the clinical complex you'll see beautiful structures there so don't downgrade us..
We're being trained well.. We've the latest instruments for practicals and the least microscope in our labs worth 600 thousand naira each.. You see we're being taught well but we need to move bro...
We believe in our father land that's why we are in Eksu.. I love the college it's beautiful but the problem we've is accreditation so stop abusing us help us retweet and loud this campaign don't abuse us.. One's again I apologize for every abusive words used..
Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by Lawrence4478: 11:37am On Oct 05, 2017
ogtavia:

Well...I will find a bus going to Akure from Osun state...when I get to Akure,i can either spend the night there or look for another vehicle and continue my journey to Ekiti..

A distinct privilege/attribute of being human is the ability to make choices and reasonable decisions...everyone must exploit it to survive..
Put in case that you're short on cash and you're stuck in the middle of the bush? How do you make that happen
Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by Lawrence4478: 11:38am On Oct 05, 2017
wahzupguy:
Twitter epp you
It's helping us o
Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by Lawrence4478: 11:41am On Oct 05, 2017
MrEgghead:
It's time Federal Govt starts penalizing any school that admits students into medicine without full accreditation from the regulatory.
personally,I wouldn't even advise my enemies to study medicine in any state govt school but out of desperation and anxiety,some students fall to their bait...
Most of the state institutions are only interested in your money,they don't care about your future nor the output.
Take for Instance,university of Ibadan pharmacy school lost its accreditation recently and the school did well to inform the general public and warn candidates to change their course or Institution...This is what a honest and transparent Institution does.
It's very rare to find any state govt institution that doesn't have problem with medical school accreditation.
Students should make enquiries before making choices because they are to suffer the consequences later .
How do you accredit without admitting students?
Okay you just employ staffs and keep paying them salaries without work till those students gain admission and get to that level?
That's waste of money on the school path and the lectures will be bored with lack of work..
Help us retweet and loud this #stagnanteksumed
Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by Lawrence4478: 11:46am On Oct 05, 2017
joeaz58:
is twitter the best place to protest ?
This ain't a joke bro it's helping if you really know how twitter works.. Notable people are being tagged and they're helping to call out to the government.. Voice 89.9 GM even interviewed us today after we tagged them...
Re: Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) by MrEgghead(m): 12:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
Lawrence4478:

How do you accredit without admitting students?
Okay you just employ staffs and keep paying them salaries without work till those students gain admission and get to that level?
That's waste of money on the school path and the lectures will be bored with lack of work..
Help us retweet and loud this #stagnanteksumed
You're so funny..In Nigeria where things don't work out easily as planned,Everything that's connected to medical school must be on ground before admitting students...The teaching hospital,laboratories must be well equipped.. Staff must be in a reasonable amount... Atleast,The 3rd phase of accreditation must have been finalised before admitting..Just imagine yourself spending 9 years and you're stuck in 300L, isn't it suicidal?

If you want to study medicine in any state govt institution in Nigeria most especially as pioneer intake, It's your choice but don't come and weep later.
A word is enough for the wise. �

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suicide Attempt: YABATECH Student Drinks Sniper / Lies You Told In Secondary School / Soludo To Shut Down Over 1,075 Unapproved Schools In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.