Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV (5552 Views)

TSTV Africa Decoder Gives 10x More Of Dstv, Gotv, And Starttime / TSTV Launches In Nigeria: Channels, Packages, Subscription & Decoder Prices / DSTV In Trouble As TSTV Takes Center Stage On 1st October, Offer Pay-as-go Subsc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by onatisi(m): 8:39am On Oct 04, 2017
jayson87:
i also want to break the DSTV monopoly. I hope Consat gets to air premier league one day as being the only credible indigenous brand the paytv business

Dstv buys broadcasting rights from the premieship direct. There is no way another company can broadcast epl matches live to the areas covered under the juriadiction of dstv .
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by kodded(m): 8:52am On Oct 04, 2017
onatisi:

Dstv buys broadcasting rights from the premieship direct. There is no way another company can broadcast epl matches live to the areas covered under the juriadiction of dstv .
what about CTL that shows EPL and other league in the south ?

Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by Babacele: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2017
jayson87:
your analogy is comparable to saying DSTV says pay per month, Kwese Pay as you watch and TSTV pay per minute.
PayTv business is a different ball game, you bid to air contents
my analogy was to point out how an idea can change prototypes, stereotypes or status quos. This guys are new and let us see what they have in their kitty. Experience not preemptive insinuations is the best teacher. Unlike MMM? we have terms and conditions to guide our choices.
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by onatisi(m): 8:55am On Oct 04, 2017
kodded:

live or replayed?
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by jayson87: 9:05am On Oct 04, 2017
Babacele:
my analogy was to point out how an idea can change prototypes, stereotypes or status quos. This guys are new and let us see what they have in their kitty. Experience not preemptive insinuations is the best teacher. Unlike MMM? we have terms and conditions to guide our choices.
To change prototype, you first have to be Liecensed to offer the service. TSTB doesn't have the Liecense to show premiership yet
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by Babacele: 9:10am On Oct 04, 2017
jayson87:
To change prototype, you first have to be Liecensed to offer the service. TSTB doesn't have the Liecense to show premiership yet
let us see how it goes for we are going to hold them to their words.
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by jayson87: 9:12am On Oct 04, 2017
onatisi:

Its a contract that expires, then you can renew by bidding
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by ammyluv2002(f): 9:17am On Oct 04, 2017
Exactly, why this Nation refused to move forward. I just don't get what is wrong with us?

Even Metrodigital/CTL show live games...are they not in Nigeria? Why are we happy with the way things are in this Nation?

It's really sad how we've lost it!
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by larrynakel: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2017
Very true..I totally agree with u
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by kodded(m): 10:19am On Oct 04, 2017
onatisi:
live or replayed?
live my brother
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by alkanes1(m): 10:41am On Oct 04, 2017
ammyluv2002:
Exactly, why this Nation refused to move forward. I just don't get what is wrong with us?

Even Metrodigital/CTL show live games...are they not in Nigeria? Why are we happy with the way things are in this Nation?

It's really sad how we've lost it!
They show them in a coded way. Not everybody knows about metrodigital/CTL. They are not quite popular
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by ikemesit4477: 11:08am On Oct 04, 2017
Dstv agent spotted! There is nothing you are going to preach that will change our mind, forward ever backward never, tstv we know!
jayson87:
There is an unforeseen scam called TSTV which was recently launched at an event in abuja, graced by top government functionaries and celebrities hitting Nigerians like storm. With the help of social media, the falsehood peddled by the agents of this satellite TV has dispersed like wildfire. At every nook and cranny; everyone is anticipating "the next big thing in satellite anymore pay television"

This disclaimer was posted to a whatsapp group yesterday and I thought it right to share with all, so we can be wary of the impending SCAM portrayed by TSTV.

*Disclaimer*: Opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect my view.

*TSTV: Another MMM Scam. Everybody beware.*

These TSTV guys are actually reckless. I am really surprised that they brought the minister into this.
I believe that this is another MMM. Buyers beware. This is based on the following:
1. Bein sports acquired the EPL, Champions League and Laliga only for MENA (Middle East and North Africa). They do not have the right for Nigeria. DSTV owns the rights for Nigeria till 2019. You cannot give what you do not have. When a new service is launched, you have to wait for the next bidding round to have a shot at acquiring the rights. You cannot jump in the middle and start showing it. Things are not done that way in the PayTV world.

A lot of channels listed like CNN, National Geographic, Discovery etc were acquired by DSTV on an exclusive basis for DTH in sub-saharan Africa by DSTV. Channels like Star Movies, MBC2, etc are only cleared for middle east and Asia. I really doubt that they have the rights to those channels. They may show it for one or two months before they are asked to take them off air.

I check with a content aggregator on the cost per subscriber for these channels, assuming they can buy the rights, it came out the about 23 USD per month. That is excluding the sports channels. Based on today's naira exchange rate of 365 naira to a dollar, the cost is 8,395 Naira per subscriber. The content owners globally charge per month for their content. They do not charge per week or part of the month. The content owners dictate the terms. Nobody can pay 8395 Naira and charge 3000 Naira. Not possible.

The cost of decoder package is as follows - decoder 25 USD, smartcard 4 USD, dish is 5 USD. Total is 34 USD (12410 naira). If we add shipping and clearing, you can get 15,000 Naira. To charge 5000 Naira for the package, you will need a lot of cheap money from bank to fund the decoder purchase. Buying 15,000 and selling 5000 sounds interesting to me.

To do internet via satellite, you need VSAT equipment which is expensive compared to the dish/lnb you need to receive dstv. Minimum cost of vsat equipment should be not less than 50,000 Naira. If you use the traditional dish equipment, you can only receive. You cannot do internet with it. Unless TSTV will supply you 40,000 Naira vsat equipment for 5000 Naira.

I went to lyngsat and checked the ABS 3A satellite, I did not see any information about any TSTV channels. Lyngsat is the database of all channels currently on satellite.

When you launch a new DTH platform, you start with a test transmission. This allows you to work through some issues that might come up. It also gives people chance to see some of your channels to make sure they are real before committing their money. There is no test transmission from TSTV.

8. EFCC Fraud Charges
EFCC arrested this guy last year for fraud. Not credible.

In conclusion, people should ask enough questions before investing their hard earned money. If it is too good to be true, it's probably is. Let this not be another MMM.
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by jayson87: 11:17am On Oct 04, 2017
ikemesit4477:
Dstv agent spotted! There is nothing you are going to preach that will change our mind, forward ever backward never, tstv we know!
ignorance can destroy. Save your money, TSTV has nothing good to offer
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by ikemesit4477: 11:21am On Oct 04, 2017
jayson87:
ignorance can destroy. Save your money, TSTV has nothing good to offer
Then leave us alone to make our choice, is not your money OK!

1 Like

Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by jayson87: 11:27am On Oct 04, 2017
TSTV cannot and will not broadcast BeIn sports

Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by jayson87: 11:33am On Oct 04, 2017
Dottore:
Emotional blackmail. Is DSTV paying you to do this. Why don't you wait for events to unfold?
Are you a certified personnel in paytv technology or you are a follow suit blogger looking for cheap traffic.

Reminds me of how propagandists vehemently gave false opinion on why it is impossible to get satellite internet services with tiny gadgets as offered by Yahsat/yahclick.

People usually argue on the impossibility or sustainability of technology they are not used to. Most times this arguments are more propagated by people who know little or nothing about technology yet they claim to know a lot maybe because of their cheap degree in an engineering related field.
Nonsense
What will kill you is ignorance! It's that simple. Ask TSTv why they havent released their decoders yet, despite showing off to the world. In a communique sent NCC, TSTV is banned from broadcasting BeIn sports
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by onatisi(m): 11:40am On Oct 04, 2017
jayson87:
Its a contract that expires, then you can renew by bidding

these are the official broadcasters of epl to africa for the year 2017 and current premier league .

Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by jayson87: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2017
onatisi:

these are the official broadcasters of epl to africa for the year 2017 and current premier league .
Nigeria is in Africa. Kwese has for some other countries in Africa, but not Nigeria.
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by onatisi(m): 11:45am On Oct 04, 2017
jayson87:
Nigeria is in Africa. Kwese has for some other countries in Africa, but not Nigeria.
dstv , kwese and the other last one are the official broadcasters for epl in africa , it is possible for kwese to have the right in other countries if they bidded and won the right. only these 3 companies can broadcast live epl matches to africa

1 Like

Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by jayson87: 11:47am On Oct 04, 2017
onatisi:

dstv , kwese and the other last one are the official broadcasters for epl in africa , it is possible for kwese to have the right in other countries if they bidded and won the right. only these 3 companies can broadcast live epl matches to africa
Canal + is for francophone African countries
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by Fidelismaria: 11:49am On Oct 04, 2017
hmmmmmm
let's watch and see
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by onatisi(m): 11:51am On Oct 04, 2017
jayson87:
Canal + is for francophone African countries

so how tstv intend to broadcast epl matches live is what i dont understand
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by jayson87: 11:52am On Oct 04, 2017
onatisi:

so how does tstv intend to broadcast epl matches live is what i dont understand
They can't, saying they will broadcast premiership, la liga and champions league is just simple falsehood marketing "Ozibo Zibo"
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by onatisi(m): 11:58am On Oct 04, 2017
jayson87:
They can't, saying they will broadcast premiership, la liga and champions league is just simple falsehood marketing "Ozibo Zibo"

thank you my brother .
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by onatisi(m): 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2017
another aspect which i doubt is the internet aspect.
nbc cant issue lincenses for isp, only ncc has that right , so how come they are advertising internet subscription , because by doing that they will undermine the interest of telecos . it is like a bike rider saying his license covers him to drive articulate vehicles and long trucks.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by RedDistrict: 12:38pm On Oct 04, 2017
am still gonna flex my gotv till i hear reviews of ppl who have started using tstv

na to dy sidon look for the now
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by jayson87: 1:27pm On Oct 04, 2017
onatisi:
another aspect which i doubt is the internet aspect.
nbc cant issue lincenses for isp, only ncc has that right , so how come they are advertising internet subscription , because by doing that they will undermine the interest of telecos . it is like a bike rider saying his license covers him to drive articulate vehicles and long trucks.

i just had a chat with BeIn sports customer care: see below excerpts of our chat

Hi! How can we help you today?
01:16 PM
Hello BeIn sports
01:17 PM
Thank you for contacting beIN
How can i help you ?
I want to confirm if your sports channels can be shown in Nigeria
Can you provide me with your name and mobile number?
01:19 PM
My name is Jackson Kola
Mobile No: +23470*****
Nice to have you online with us Mrs jackson
01:20 PM
Thank you
Regarding your request please note that we don't have the broadcasting rights in Nigeria
There is a Statelite TV Station that cliams to have your broadcasting rights in Nigeria called TSTV
can you confirm if such agreements where ever in place with such company
01:21 PM
We don't have any information about this channel Mr jackson
Maybe they provide an other service but you are contacting beIN middle East and north africa
01:22 PM
Thank you Soukaina
01:23 PM
that would be all for now
01:24 PM
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 04, 2017
jayson87:
unfortunately, many of us are, this post is to sensitize Nigerians of the falsehood peddled around about TSTV. Their contents is nothing to write home about, incomparable to any existing payTV not even consat. They are just buying us with the 20gb data for 3k, which to me is reasonable

They are not offering 20gb for 3k, it's 10gb... Just 20gb for the first month and subsequent months it's 10gb.
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by DBlackCeazer(m): 2:09pm On Oct 04, 2017
kodded:

ctl does not broadcast via satellite.
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by DBlackCeazer(m): 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2017
I think the buying of premier league broadcast rights should be open to more than one satellite TV operator.
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by donjazet(m): 2:24pm On Oct 04, 2017
I smell DSTV PR department at work here.
Re: Debunking The SCAM Called TSTV by Jessewizy(m): 2:26pm On Oct 04, 2017
jayson87:

i just had a chat with BeIn sports customer care: see below excerpts of our chat

Hi! How can we help you today?
01:16 PM
Hello BeIn sports
Thank you for contacting beIN
How can i help you ?
I want to confirm if your sports channels can be shown in Nigeria
Can you provide me with your name and mobile number?
My name is Jackson Kola
Mobile No: +23470*****
Nice to have you online with us Mrs jackson
Thank you
Regarding your request please note that we don't have the broadcasting rights in Nigeria
There is a Statelite TV Station that cliams to have your broadcasting rights in Nigeria called TSTV
can you confirm if such agreements where ever in place with such company
We don't have any information about this channel Mr jackson
Maybe they provide an other service but you are contacting beIN middle East and north africa
01:22 PM
Thank you Soukaina
01:23 PM
that would be all for now
01:24 PM
I am not using your money to buy, so are others too. If it bothers you this much, save your family members not me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pirated DVDs With 16 Movies: Is Nollywood Doomed? / How Do I Recharge My GOTV ONLINE With The Scratch Card / I Can Solve The Problem Of Movie Piracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.