Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:34 PM

Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians (38315 Views)

Customer Review Of TSTV Services / Pictures Of TSTV Decoders Ready For Distribution November 1 / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by maximunimpact(m): 7:45am On Oct 04, 2017
Some Nigerians on the social media has expressed worries over the inability of TSTV Africa, the latest pay TV service to start sales of decoders and services in Nigeria after it launched October 1, the delay has also created room for rumors with the latest smear campaign alleging a letter purported to have been sent to the Nigeria Copyrights Commission by beIN, a TV content provider, and titled “Illegal Pirating of beIN Content”, alleged that TSTV planned to offer its content illegally.

The purported letter was stamped to have been received on September 29, two days before the official launch of TSTV.

Although TSTV has disclaimed the letter and dismissed it as fake; “We are not unaware of the messages circulating the social media regarding a letter from Bein Sports and Turner. We inform Nigerians that the letters are FAKE and were prepared basically to bias Nigerians. Kindly disregard the documents because they are frivolous”.

FINANCIAL WATCH gathered the disclaimer has not done enough damage control as many prospective users have started second guessing the reality of their offerings and services. A Facebook user, Uwomano Ejeneha said “This is how failure begins. After all the hype and waiting for your October 1st launching all we could get was a shabbily put together ceremony that was transmitted live on AIT. And up till this moment, no information as to where to get your decoders. And even the few displayed dealers on their website can’t even say for sure when the decoders would be available. Confused people”!

Another disgruntled prospective TSTV user said; “Thought TSTV had everything in place before the initial July 25 2017 launch date was postponed to October 1st. Now that you have finally launched and unveiled TSTV after two months your prospective customers and accredited dealers that have patiently waited for TSTV decoders and accessories are yet to physically see what you decoders look like not to talk more of experiencing it. I have called some of your accredited dealers but have nothing tangible nor assuring to tell me”.

“You guys can launch and not unveil for tactical reasons but the moment your have unveiled the product at the launch, immediately it must be available for your prospective customers to buy without stress”.

“TSTV has been consistently inconsistent since I heard about them last June and I warn Nigerians to wait for more disappointments from TSTV”.

“TSTV promised July 25th but failed”

“TSTV promised over 200 channels to start with and now it’s 70 channels”

“TSTV was launched and unveiled but TSTV decoders are no where to buy even accredited dealers were told to wait endlessly”

“TSTV have refused to let us know TSTV-owned offices and outlets in different states in Nigeria (except the head office in Abuja) but rather they kept on updating the list of accredited dealers who can’t give reliable information about TSTV”

“I’m anxiously waiting for more TSTV disappointments because I’m convinced there’s an issue or problem going on and this put lots of question marks on their professionalism”.

“What I feel is the latest problem TSTV is battling is that their competition(s) have taken the fight (over the right to show some channels) to another height outside Nigeria or Africa and launching without those channels may kill TSTV on arrival”.

“TSTV themselves have given so much room for all the misinformation, misrepresentation and doubts about them. “A stitch in time saves nine.”

“I’ll wait for other people to use and comment on TSTV or for TSTV to exhibit their brand at the 2017 International Trade Fair before putting my money and time on TSTV.

“I wish TSTV the very best as they’ve come to send DSTV packing from Nigeria…”

The Pay-TV service which officially unveiled October 1st was expected to start immediately by Nigerians but the delay in sales of decoders has raised a lot of doubts as seen above.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2017/10/04/delay-sales-tstv-decoders-worries-nigerians/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by VeeBuzzer(f): 7:53am On Oct 04, 2017
I think they are still training their dealers so that it will be present in every state.

Let us be patient please.

127 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by segebase(m): 7:58am On Oct 04, 2017
have gotten mine na

8 Likes

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by AnodaIT(m): 7:58am On Oct 04, 2017
I thought training of dealers and supplies would have been done way back before 1st October

Meanwhile, if you are interested in becoming a TStv Retailer, Sub-Dealer or Dealer, Check the benefits, requirements and your expected profit

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by NigerDeltan(m): 8:04am On Oct 04, 2017
Warever

TSTV must succeed!

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Samusu(m): 8:17am On Oct 04, 2017
Op speak for yhurself not me, I am not bothered for I know that it shall come to pass.

DSTV/GOTV most to go weda them like it or not

146 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by xeexo(m): 8:26am On Oct 04, 2017
VeeBuzzer:
I think they are still training their dealers so that it will be present in every state.

Let us be patient please.

Yh, called one of their dealers yesterday and said we should be patient, that next Friday, it should be circulated already

11 Likes

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by mhisterdreezy(m): 8:56am On Oct 04, 2017
segebase:
have gotten mine na
be serious la

2 Likes

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by iamleumas: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2017
Ok
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 04, 2017
This people didn't do their homework well.

It looks like they didn't have their distributors in place before marketing the product and fixing their launch date.

If you know how people dey find this decoder for Abuja ehn.

And this is the time they can make money, as e dey hot, before people starts seeing or realizing the mess up in the decoder.

10 Likes

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Winnyluv(f): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2017
TSTV is here to stay. Let's all be patient.

7 Likes

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by cr7rooney10(m): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2017
I am scared not to be like visafone

2 Likes

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by coldsummer: 9:32am On Oct 04, 2017
That's the problem with biting more than you can chew

6 Likes

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by baddosky1: 9:32am On Oct 04, 2017
Nigerians are impatient. They want to fully integrate their distributors by giving them the necessary training required. Secondly, they want to take legal steps to avoid bottlenecks that may occur during the sale phase. I learnt that the identity of the said distributors is to be taken seriously in order to avoid scenario where the decoder gets into the wrong hands

6 Likes

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by smartty68(m): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2017
Chill guys... cool

4 Likes

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by kolajoo(m): 9:33am On Oct 04, 2017
Like for TSTV

#let's support naija made

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by solochris(m): 9:34am On Oct 04, 2017
who told you we are worried?

14 Likes

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by bamite(m): 9:34am On Oct 04, 2017
Nigeria and unseriousness. We never get anything right in this kuntry sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by benosky(m): 9:35am On Oct 04, 2017
Why
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by jamex93(m): 9:35am On Oct 04, 2017
TSTV we want!

7 Likes

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Perge(m): 9:36am On Oct 04, 2017
Give them some time my people.

How many of us have complain about Iphone X that was announced last month, with sale starting November?

TSTV is a new player!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by 1nigeriamyfoot: 9:37am On Oct 04, 2017
TSTV is bound to fail, they lack proper planning & had bad management. They are economical with the truth but Nigerians shall know in the fullness of time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Deicide: 9:37am On Oct 04, 2017
Them still day train their dealers

11 Likes

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by kokomaster3d: 9:38am On Oct 04, 2017
We go wait. I see DSTV cabals want to frustrate TSTV. MADE IN NIGERIA ROCKS. Any Foreign Companies should get ready to pack unless they are ready to treat us with dignity because Nigerians don wise up.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Dosinspector(m): 9:38am On Oct 04, 2017
SMH for Nigerian
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 04, 2017
kennygee:
This people didn't do their homework well.

It looks like they didn't have their distributors in place before marketing the product and fixing their launch date.

If you know how people dey find this decoder for Abuja ehn.

And this is the time they can make money, as e dey hot, before people starts seeing or realizing the mess up in the decoder.
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Olukat(m): 9:38am On Oct 04, 2017
You guys should just wait for your Arab channels
When Ronaldo and Messi performs their magic, just then you will understand what you will be missing
Arab commentators are worst than sub machine guns grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by maclatunji: 9:39am On Oct 04, 2017
This is the real reason they may fail

http://www.opinions.ng/hitv-failed-dstv-tstv-can-learn/

2 Likes

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by adisabarber(m): 9:39am On Oct 04, 2017
baddosky1:
Nigerians are impatient

Omo, we can't wait to send DSTV back to their village.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Guyman02: 9:39am On Oct 04, 2017
Stop demarketing TSTV, its too early for this, seems the OP works for DSTV

16 Likes

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by baddosky1: 9:40am On Oct 04, 2017
Nigerians are impatient. They want to fully integrate their distributors by giving them the necessary training required. Secondly, they want to take legal steps to avoid bottlenecks that may occur during the sale phase. I learnt that the identity of the said distributors is to be taken seriously in order to avoid scenario where the decoder gets into the wrong hands

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Photos From Bambam And Teddy A's Eviction Party Last Night / BBNaija: Khafi Has Been Evicted From Big Brother House / Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.