Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,923 members, 7,806,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye (11037 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by honeric01(m): 10:43am On Mar 08, 2010
ElRazur:

No Jesus never wore rag, neither did he wore a designer either. [He never wore the finest robes that is]

His riding of a donkey into Jerusalem was of a significant purpose. Donkey is seen as a sign of modesty etc. If he had rode on a horse, perhaps you may have a point as Horse represent power, respect etc.

I never said he should be poor, he should not be filthy rich either. A private jet cost millions of naira to maintain a year, where does that money comes from? From poor gullible souls who give a tenth of their earnings and sunday contributions in the hope of fulfilling the words of God.

I have a right to Judge him. I am not one of "your people". I will have opinion on anyone and anything. It is what makes me ElRazur, it is what makes me human.

No Jesus died on the cross so that you can have eternal life. This do not translate to wordly riches like Adeboye seem to have amass.

Finally, I am not one of your people. I am a man of Science. I do not have to sue him, for me to have an opinion of him. Do you have problem with this?

so, you have not read where the bible stated that Jesus was made poor, so that we could be rich? and who said the jet belonged to Adeboye? is the jet's name in Adeboyes? and who told you he didn't wear one of the finest robes? even if you have the right to say anything, does that give you the right to beat down others just because you have the right to talk? have you really researched the purpose of the jet, who bought it and how it's being maintained?

now, i know why you're sounding this way, so I'm betterof not discussing with a man of science since everything is always interpreted your way and not how it's suppose to be.

thank you for your time.
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by dplordx(m): 10:47am On Mar 08, 2010
it will happen to only aloy and emeka and the pastor who prophesied it angry angry angry
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by ElRazur: 10:55am On Mar 08, 2010
honeric01:

so, you have not read where the bible stated that Jesus was made poor, so that we could be rich? and who said the jet belonged to Adeboye? is the jet's name in Adeboyes? and who told you he didn't wear one of the finest robes? even if you have the right to say anything, does that give you the right to beat down others just because you have the right to talk? have you really researched the purpose of the jet, who bought it and how it's being maintained?

now, i know why you're sounding this way, so I'm betterof not discussing with a man of science since everything is always interpreted your way and not how it's suppose to be.

thank you for your time.

Again the real meaning is spiritual richness and not worldly riches. Please post the Chapter and Verse, we can all learn from it.

Oh yeah off course, he is smart enough to make it look like it isn't his own. Gosh, don't be gullible.

Yeah, next time please don't come trying to convince me about your man of God who is noting but a fraud. grin

"God" bless you too. grin
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by honeric01(m): 11:19am On Mar 08, 2010
ElRazur:

Yeah, next time please don't come trying to convince me about your man of God who is noting but a fraud. grin

"God" bless you too. grin

Unfortunately, I'm not a member of redeem and he was never the owner of redeem, anyways, you can continue in your own ways, to each his own.
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by ElRazur: 11:38am On Mar 08, 2010
Who said anything remotely close?
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by AloyEmeka5: 12:15pm On Mar 08, 2010
Daddy warned us that it's getting nearer to Nigeria. Take cover o.

"Earlier this year, there were prophesies that natural disasters would take place in some countries around the globe, what has happened in Haiti, Chile, Taiwan, France and Jerusalem has confirmed this.

"Recently, another one took place in Uganda, that means it is getting nearer.

Dozens killed as quake shakes eastern Turkey

‘Everything has been knocked down, there is not a stone in place’

ANKARA, Turkey - A strong earthquake, with a preliminary magnitude of 6, hit eastern Turkey on Monday, killing at least 57 people and knocking down houses in at least six villages, officials said.

The quake affected villages near the town of Kovancilar, toppling stone or mud-brick homes and minarets of mosques, officials and media reports said. The worst-hit area was the village of Okcular where some 17 people were reported killed and homes crumbled into piles of dirt.

The government's crisis center said around 100 people were also injured in the quake, which occurred at 4:32 a.m. local time in Elazig province, about 340 miles east of Ankara, the capital.

Story continues below ↓
advertisement | your ad here

It caught many people in their sleep. It was centered near the village of Basyurt, and was followed by more than 30 aftershocks, the strongest measuring 5.5, the Kandilli seismology center said.

Emergency workers were trying to rescue four people from debris, Gov. Muammer Erol said. CNN-Turk television said the dead included four young sisters trapped in the rubble.

"Everything has been knocked down, there is not a stone in place," said Yadin Apaydin, administrator for the village of Yukari Kanatli, where he said at least three villagers died.

'Totally flattened'
Authorities blocked access to Okcular village, to facilitate the entry and exit of ambulances and rescue teams on the village's narrow roads. Relatives rushed to the village for news of their loved ones.

"The village is totally flattened," Okcular's administrator Hasan Demirdag told private NTV television.

The quake was felt in the neighboring provinces of Tunceli, Bingol and Diyarbakir where residents fled to the streets in panic and spent the night outdoors.

Some of the injuries occurred during the panic, when people jumped from windows or balconies. Dogan news agency footage showed people bringing in the injured to hospitals by cars and taxis.

Officials urged residents not to enter damaged homes, warning that they could topple from the aftershocks, which could last for days.

Television footage showed rescue workers and soldiers at Okcular lifting debris as villagers looked on. Rescuers could be seen digging into dirt and then removing an elderly man. The man had died and his body was quickly covered with a sheet.

Two women sat on mattresses wrapped in blankets. Turkey's Red Crescent organization began setting up tents in the region.

Earthquakes are frequent in Turkey, much of which lies on top of the North Anatolian fault. In 1999, two powerful earthquakes struck northwestern Turkey, killing about 18,000 people.

In 2007, an earthquake measuring 5.7 damaged buildings in Elazig, briefly trapping a woman under debris. In 2003, an earthquake measuring 6.4 magnitude collapsed a school dormitory in the neighboring province of Bingol province, killing 83 children. The collapse was blamed on poor construction.
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by ayettymama(f): 12:20pm On Mar 08, 2010
this is serious!!

did he really say this??

im moving all projects to ghana!! official!
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by honeric01(m): 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2010
ayettymama:

this is serious!!

did he really say this??

im moving all projects to ghana!! official!

Wrong move, the earthquake might come through Ghana since they are one of our neighbors grin grin grin
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by redsun(m): 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2010
Only preacher man that come close to jesus's character in nigeria is Bakare,the rest are just bunch of as-slicking,cheating and lying fa-ggots.
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by honeric01(m): 12:24pm On Mar 08, 2010
redsun:

Only preacher man that come close to jesus's character in nigeria is Bakare,the rest are just bunch of as-slicking,cheating and lying fa-ggots.

What a statement! I'm sorry for you.
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by debetmx(m): 12:54pm On Mar 08, 2010
Adeboye makes very vague predictions. I could remember at the beginning of the year he said Some Nigerians would become rich. Please i ask which year did some people not become rich?

hatch: u seem to have being brainwashed by some men of God who use the bible to enslave people
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by yemmight(m): 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2010
ElRazur:

Given his track records and various allegations against him, only a fool will not.

I guess Jesus had Jet or equivalent of a jet in his life time? I suppose Jesu wore the finest linen and designers during his life time? I suppose Jesus was literally stealing from the so called flock? No?

And during Jesus Christ were you told or did you read of technology we currently enjoy? Do you expect things to still be the same? If acquiring a Jet for spreading the words acrros the Globe I don't think anything is wrong.
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by Tonyet1(m): 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2010
debetmx:

Adeboye makes very vague predictions. I could remember at the beginning of the year he said Some Nigerians would become rich. Please i ask which year did some people not become rich?

hatch: u seem to have being brainwashed by some men of God who use the bible to enslave people

^^^ Oga! Is there anything wrong in making predictions? whats wrong in saying some people will be rich this year?

Afterall some apostles even made such when they said " in the last days perilious times shall come" even when perilious times occur everyday, every month and every year.

I think its right you understand the preds better.  angry angry angry
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by ilosiwaju: 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2010
A nairalander will shake hands with a member of the opposite gender today.
A nairalander will complain about slow internet today.
A nairalander will logout of NL.
Some nairalanders are on facebook.

I think i predict better than adeboye. Don't i, don't i, don't i?
Plenty nonsense.
angry angry
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by ogajim(m): 2:52pm On Mar 08, 2010
The Nigeria I saw a few weeks ago was worse than some Countries recovering from a natural disaster! The people need to free themselves from all FORMS of SCAMMERS wink
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 08, 2010
i predict that people will be having s.ex in nigeria tonight.
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by KunleOshob(m): 4:41pm On Mar 08, 2010
Honestly it would have been more beneficial to us in Nigeria if Adeboye or any other preacher who claims to have the gift of prophecy had been able to accurately predict the Jos massacre thereby avoiding the deaths of several innocent victims of a senseless ethnic cleansing of innocent souls. To be predicting a natural disasterin Nigeria after a record six countires have had a Natural disaster in the first two two months of this year is noting but pure speculation. He also put a caveat that the disaster could be avoided through prayers, so in the end if it does not happen, he would claim it was the prayers of himslef and his followers that averted it cheesy hmmmh very smart any which way heads or tails he wins grin
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by ayettymama(f): 4:46pm On Mar 08, 2010
im not fan of Adeboye or his church but anyone can see the man is blessed with the gift of prophecy and miricles

so if he says sunami will hit naija

me i will run- instead of sittin arguin on nl

now lets look at it geographically

if it happens- is it most likely to happen in lagos- or ph- ??

are there any latent volcanoes in naija?
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by yorubason: 4:55pm On Mar 08, 2010
You guys should not despise this man. What if the sea rises on the island and people gets hurt. Have you forgot that Lagos is an island?. I wonder if some of una fit even talk like this against Muslim lowest prophet if them no go slaughter una like suya how much more a good christian of his type. God forgive una.
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 08, 2010
hatch#:

@ aisha2
i use to respect your posts and utterances until you acted like the typical dumb morons on NL to post such a disrespectful piece above.
Any way i can see that you are gradually coming out of your shell and we can all see the kind of nasty wolf behind the sheep clothing.
How dare you say such to a Man of God. undecided

@ Topic
When it comes to such sensitive spiritual issues, I know better than to be ranting like most posters here are already doing. As per the pending Natural Disaster,I know that it is well and God will see us through. wink
Sorry i lost your respect but my dear friend, my Bible teaches me to test all spirits and I have tested the spirit of Daddy G.O deboye and found it wanting. If He had returned the money for the private jet bought for him by Akinbola knowing now that the money was stolen he would have passed the test but he failed woefully. The spirit of God does not promote theft or curropt enrichment
ilosiwaju:

A nairalander will shake hands with a member of the opposite gender today.
A nairalander will complain about slow internet today.
A nairalander will logout of NL.
Some nairalanders are on facebook.

I think i predict better than adeboye. Don't i, don't i, don't i?
Plenty nonsense.
angry angry
You are s right all your predictions came through for me, you should open a church
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by bisiaet: 5:08pm On Mar 08, 2010
Pls dear poster let us not just pass judgment straight away pls we need to be sure of this prediction may be this is information is a real one or not cus I could remember sometime ago someone posted Rilwan Lukman petrleum madness minister has be sacked but Rilwan is still on their till today pls we should not condemn Adeboye now till the authencity of this message is clear to be truth plss.
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by Fhemmmy: 5:13pm On Mar 08, 2010
We pray that God will think of all the innocent and all the helpless and stop this from happening to NIgeria, cos Nigerians will suffer too much
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by grace5: 5:19pm On Mar 08, 2010
WARNING

I AM NOT PASTOR ADEBOYE BUT CHRISTIAN WITH LITTLE PROPHETIC GIFT.
I BELIEVE HIM PROPHECY COME TO WARN OR AVERT IF PEOPLE PRAY AND TURN FROM THERE SINS.
HEAR THIS I HAVE THIS VISION OF WATER ALL OVER LAGOS LIKE TSUNAMI RECENTLY WAR WITH MISSILE.
THOSE THAT MAKE JEST OF MAN OF GOD WILL GO WITH THE JUDEGEMENT.

WATCH YOUR MOUTH,DO NOT PUT YOURSELF UNDER CONDEMNATION
HUMBLE YOURSELF,SEEK GOD WHO HAS LIFE AND CAN TAKE IT.

THANKS
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by pafun(m): 5:26pm On Mar 08, 2010
It already has hit Nigeria - It is called Yaradua
And before that - Obasanjo
And before that - Abacha
And before that - ,
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 08, 2010
I study issues like these. They say it's Mythological perpectives that cause ppl to believe that God punishes his children - humans through natural disasters. Example some people say that Haiti's disaster is because of their voodoo rituals and crime. I am not so sure if I want to deny this. It may seem crazy but I believe atrocities are not only reprocussions of our own minds and thoughts but I also believe there are forms of punishments in disasters such as earth quakes, tsunamis, other natural disasters and yes even slavery/ war.

There is a lesson in EVERYthing, thats why we are here in my opinion. I pray against mass deaths and I pray for those who are affected. My mom has a saying "becareful who you feel sorry for". I hope Nigeria doesnt have to go through any disasters. The world's going through too much. undecided
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 08, 2010
NEPA, ethno-religious and political uprisings, expressways of death are disasters already. . . God please we don't want natural disaster.
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by victorazy(m): 5:39pm On Mar 08, 2010
hatch#:

@ aisha2
i use to respect your posts and utterances until you acted like the typical dumb morons on NL to post such a disrespectful piece above.  
Any way i can see that you are gradually coming out of your shell and we can all see the kind of nasty wolf behind the sheep clothing.
How dare you say such to a Man of God. undecided

@ Topic
When it comes to such sensitive spiritual issues, I know better than to be ranting like most posters here are already doing. As per the pending Natural Disaster,I know that it is well and God will see us through.  wink

THAT AISHA MUST BE A STUPIDD FELLOW. SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW IF THIS IS A TRUE STORY AND SHE IS BLASTING A MAN OF GOD "NA THOSE ABOKY WEY DEY INSIDE MOSQUE DEY PLAN HOW TO START FIGHT U DEY BLAST MUMU GIRL"?
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by grace5: 5:40pm On Mar 08, 2010
[color=#990000][/color]PROPHECY IS GOD SPEAKING THROUGH HIS ANOINTED VESSEL,
MAKE JOKE ABOUT IT,DESPISE IT.
A DAY OF PROVING WILL,WHICH GOD ALWAYS BRING TO VINDICATE HIS SERVANT.
ENOUGH OF SINS,CORRUPTION, HUMAN SACRIFICE, KILLING,OPPRESSING,ABUSING,DENY PEOPLE RIGHT.
LISTEN WHERE HUMAN BEING ARE BEEN USED FOR SACRIFICE IT BRING WICKED DEMON,
TO DESTROY TO BRING DISASTER,DESTROY DESTINY.
PUT PRAYER PLEAD MERCY.JOIN THE GROUP
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by victorazy(m): 5:56pm On Mar 08, 2010
ALL I KNOW IS THAT "THIS IS THE END OF TIME" IF ANYONE TELL ME THAT NIGERIA WILL BE INVOLVED IN ANY NATURAL DISASTER, I WILL CERTAINLY AGREE BASED ON WHAT IS GOING ON IN OUR COUNTRY 2DAY PEOPLE KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE FOR RITUAL AND NO ONE CARE, BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION. PEOPLE THINK THAT THE PROPHECY IN BIBLE ABOUT 666 IN REVELATION IS YET TO COME, BUT I WAN TO TELL US THAT IS ALREADY HERE BUT AM SORRY IS HERE IN NIGERIA "U CAN NOT BUY OR SELL IF YOU DONT HAVE THE MARK OF THE BEAST" CANT YOU C WHAT IS HAPPENING IN OUR GOV. 2DAY? OUR VOTES DONT COUNT, ARRANGEMENT OF MONEY, IF UR NOT IN THEIR OCCULT U WONT WIN ELECTION, POOR ARE SUFFERING.
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by SamMilla1(m): 6:09pm On Mar 08, 2010
What disaster will be bigger than all the people that died on the Lagos Ibadan Expressway as a result of his Man Made hold up ?

Someone should tell this Man to shut up , Natural disasters happen everywhere.
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by JoJo202: 6:19pm On Mar 08, 2010
@ Aisha,
My dear, personally, I think you spoke too hastily, and too harshly here. I used to respect you as one of the reasonable ones on Nairaland. The point is learn to think well before speaking, if at all you must speak. Let us accord some respect to Pastor Adeboye, afteall, he is God's servant, not your servant. If there's anything he's doing that's wrong, then let the One who called him judge him. Thanks

@ Others
If there's anything we need to learn here, it's that we must learn from history. Just pick what you will from the prophecy, pray hard and trust God to see you through. Don't behave like those people during the time of Noah who mocked when they heard of the coming flood, but eventually perished due to their unbelief. May God help us to discern the truth that would save us.
Re: Natural Disaster Will Soon Hit Nigeria - Adeboye by Richtronix(m): 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2010
OK.

I will try and make this as objective and as clean as possible without trying to offend anyone.

As a Christian, I believe in the gift of prophesy HOWEVER I find it hard to believe anyone that does not lead an exemplary life which 99.9% of our religious leaders fail to do. Its another argument to say Adeboye falls into this category or not but geographically he also mentioned the MOST likely natural disaster that can befall Nigeria -flood.

If at all he mentioned something like a volcano or an earthquake, I would take it to be a complete fabrication because geographically there are no major fault lines or active ranges within our area.  If the Atlantic does rise it will be the effect of activity elsewhere and the flooding cannot be a tidal wave rather an inundation of sorts, whether or not this leads to a loss of life remains to be seen.

I 'd rather preach a gospel of hope and redemption through Christ than resort to prophesising doom.

Especially in a troubled violent and unstable country like ours.

Just my personal opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Three Reasons To Get To Church On Time / 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.