Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? (2325 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Slay Queen Gives Life To Christ, Burns Her Make-Ups, Wigs & Trousers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by ChiamakaO93(f): 5:01pm On Oct 04, 2017
Inquisitive, Loud, Energetic, Rebellious. Me.
Adannaya Nwokeocha.

A constant embarrassment to my parents & a constant source of disgrace to my mother in particular.
I never did as was expected of me. And this particular occasion was not particularly different.
Hair haphazardly thrown into two ‘shukus’, secured by colourful bands; bright blue dress; puff sleeves; black shoes and a scowl on my face to match. Sunday’s best.
Clutching my bag and reluctantly marching into the Sunday school section of Church, as I did last Sunday and every Sunday before that.
Church in my house, was not a topic of negotiation. It was an obligation that needed to be fulfilled.
As usual, my infinitely more interesting mills and boon novel, was tucked in between the pages of my big Good news bible; and I got lost in it.

The thrill, the romance, the excitement. A much needed escape, from the bore, that had become Sunday school. Yelling children and drowsy, repetitive lessons on Mary Magdalene and the Good Samaritan were not my scene.

I was somewhere in between the main character running away from home with her gardener and potentially getting caught by her father; and the myriad of my train of my thought, was shattered by a single line;
“Hell is Waiting for Women in trousers; Escape it”…

Growing up in my typical Igbo Christian household; it was a game of taking instructions and doing as you were told.
Independent thoughts and negotiations were never encouraged. Daddy and Mummy knew best. And we simply weren’t advanced enough, to decide for ourselves.
Daddy did most of the thinking and mummy did more of the late hours at night, convincing us of why daddy knew best.
Mummy was like us; a child; a victim and a subject of another persons ideologies; she just didn’t know it yet.

As far back as I could trace my first thought, it was a standing rule in our household. I and every other female in our household were banned from wearing trousers (with the tricky exception of pyjamas and sports wear). I secretly wondered if I would have to sew skirts for NYSC. Not that I was ever bold enough to ask. Lol
Because daddy said so and because Deuteronomy 22: vs 5.
“Women are not to wear men’s clothing, and men are not to wear women’s clothing; The Lord your God hates people who do such things”.

Years and years of wearing dresses and skirts, to every birthday party and end of the year party. And having no explanation, when a curious classmate or neighbor was nosy enough to ask why you didn’t own even a pair of jeans.
You can imagine how interested I was in this particular Sunday. I just wanted to know why. To understand the root of my particular brand of misery.
Just like my question on “who gave birth to Jesus” & “whether anyone had actually been to heaven and confirmed its existence”;
All I got was a 20 minute heated debate, and punishment at home for being ‘disobedient’. No explanation.
And so I carried on most of my life like that. Skirts and dresses and more dresses. And of course the trousers popped out when I was away from home.
Mum didn’t particularly oppose trousers, but she dared not oppose dad, and a standing family rule.
I grew up and out of the house. Moved abroad; got exposed; still no answers.

Pastor’s wives wore trousers, choristers wore trousers, the more spiritual sisters I knew wore trousers; and the Pentecostal church services was like a festival of trousers.
I wondered if indeed, they were all headed for hell fire. Including my humble self, who wore trousers, when daddy was not looking.

Some argue that the purpose of that particular scripture is to prevent a confusion of gender identity between men and women; and to discourage the lifestyles that stem from that practice e.g homosexuality.
Others argue that there is no mention of ‘trouser’ in the scripture. And in bible times, men and women wore robes and ‘gowns’ and ‘skirts’ alike.
“Who specifically made trousers a male preserve”.
Another school of thought, gives an impressive speech on the fact that this law is under the Old Testament and Indeed Jesus has come to save us from the law. And a host of very, frankly unsatisfactory answers.

There are so many laws in the Old Testament, which we do not keep.
So why is this particular one, of interest to people like my father and those that belong to his school of thought?

A friend of mine went as far as arguing that men hold microscopes to the bible and zoom in on the parts that make women more subservient. Instantly, the feminist bones in me leaped to agree. But I chose to tread with caution in agreement.
I, personally, do not believe in the anti trouser rule. I believe the watchword is decency and modesty in fashion.
But I want to hear your thoughts; what do you think of Deuteronomy 22:5?
All My Love,
https://thesmartsinglenigerianwoman./
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by Goshen360(m): 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2017
Well, if you want to hear people's thought and opinion, the title of your thread is misleading

1 Like

Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by emmie14: 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
Trousers protects women from vulnerability and possible nudity more than any other style of clothes. Rapist finds it more difficult to rape women on trousers than those on mini skirts and dresses.

3 Likes

Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by emmie14: 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
Trousers protects women from vulnerability and possible nudity more than any other style of clothes. Rapist finds it more difficult to gain access to women on trousers than those on mini skirts and dresses.
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by MhizzAJ(f): 5:40pm On Oct 04, 2017
Who said trousers are meant for men only
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by Goshen360(m): 6:03pm On Oct 04, 2017
MhizzAJ:
Who said trousers are meant for men only

The question really is not more of a trouser versus so called "female" apparel, the question is.....are Christians just going to stick to new testament or old. The Lord warns against being neither cold nor hot.....their no middle ground in Christianity and it surely can't be both! What is the essence of the new covenant if Christianity is to abide by the old? They will have to follow the aforementioned laws too in the same chapter of Deuteronomy where they often quote. grin grin grin
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by Image123(m): 8:31pm On Oct 04, 2017
Forever o Lord Thy Word is settled. Thoughts and opinions may change and waver, but the Word of God abides forever. Normally, conscience would be pricked by the Word but we know that many have itchy ears and seared consciences.
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by isidiwent: 8:52pm On Oct 04, 2017
Image123:
Forever o Lord Thy Word is settled. Thoughts and opinions may change and waver, but the Word of God abides forever. Normally, conscience would be pricked by the Word but we know that many have itchy ears and seared consciences.
Though I want my wife to be on skirt, trouser is not a sin. It is not even a bible standard, we only avoid trouser to make unbelievers believe our confession since it is tagged sin by human beings.. A lady wearing t-shirt & face cap nkor? Is it not men's clothing? Don't just read deut 22:5, read deut 22:9, deut 22:11
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2017
NO BODY IS GOING TO HELL BECAUSE OF TROUSER...THE ONLY TICKET TO DESTRUCTION, IS REJECTION OF THE SON OF GOD OUR HOPE.
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by Image123(m): 10:59pm On Oct 04, 2017
isidiwent:
Though I want my wife to be on skirt, trouser is not a sin. It is not even a bible standard, we only avoid trouser to make unbelievers believe our confession since it is tagged sin by human beings.. A lady wearing t-shirt & face cap nkor? Is it not men's clothing? Don't just read deut 22:5, read deut 22:9, deut 22:11

i read it, what's wrong with it? Scriptures don't nullify one another, they establish one another.
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by Image123(m): 11:02pm On Oct 04, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
NO BODY IS GOING TO HELL BECAUSE OF TROUSER...THE ONLY TICKET TO DESTRUCTION, IS REJECTION OF THE SON OF GOD OUR HOPE.

You can't say that as a matter of fact. Money, meat can destroy people according to the Bible. If you say wearing stuff don't save anybody, fine. But you don't make final statements of what makes folks go to hell like you've been there before.

2 Likes

Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:17pm On Oct 04, 2017
Image123:

You can't say that as a matter of fact. Money, meat can destroy people according to the Bible. If you say wearing stuff don't save anybody, fine. But you don't make final statements of what makes folks go to hell like you've been there before.
CHRIST JESUS SAID HE WHO BELIEVE IN ME HAS ETERNAL LIFE AND HE WHO DON'T BELIEVE THE WRATH OF GOD ABIDES ON HIM...HE DID NOT SAY HE WHO PUT ON TROWSER THE WRATH OF GOD ABIDE ON HIM.
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 05, 2017
Deut. 22:5 - "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God."
The scripture is so clear about it.Christian women stay away from men's wear. It is very easy to target guys that wear skirt gay but smile at ladies that wear trousers. The designers of skirt for ladies were not foolish, you ladies bending down to urinate because they have to pull down trousers whereas using skirt,most of them can comfortably piss.
Women are to dress in “modest apparel” — That is what the Bible commands. It is not a matter of opinion. God has revealed His will concerning the manner in which women ought to dress. Rebellious women don’t care; they’re going to be lewd, rude and crude anyway; but a woman that fears God does care, and she is careful about the way she clothes herself.
The Greek word for “modest” in 1st Timothy 2:9 is “Kosmios” which means “of good behaviour”. Hence, the attire which a woman wears sends a message on the type of moral character she possesses. Women who wear pants (trousers) either do not recognise, or do not care, about the spiritual dangers of lasciviousness. The clothes that women wear carry a message.
Aside the condemnation of wearing it, it seduces men and makes them lust after you.
Proof of this is found in Proverb 7:10… “And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of a harlot, and subtle of heart.” The Bible speaks about the attire of a harlot. One cannot deny that sexually suggestive clothing is the attire of a harlot. Any type of clothing that exposes a woman’s thighs, breast- cleavage or is tight is immodest and sinful.
It is a sin for women to wear tight pants, miniskirts and open blouses. It is a sin for women to pose in women’s catalogues, because they know that millions of men will also look through those catalogues and commit adultery
What will differentiate you from the world system as a Christian Lady is to stop copying most of the practices of the world.
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by Image123(m): 10:54am On Oct 05, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
CHRIST JESUS SAID HE WHO BELIEVE IN ME HAS ETERNAL LIFE AND HE WHO DON'T BELIEVE THE WRATH OF GOD ABIDES ON HIM...HE DID NOT SAY HE WHO PUT ON TROWSER THE WRATH OF GOD ABIDE ON HIM.

Can money make someone go to hell? If you believe in Jesus, and have the love of money or serve it, are you going to hell?
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:24am On Oct 05, 2017
Image123:

Can money make someone go to hell? If you believe in Jesus, and have the love of money or serve it, are you going to hell?
MAN'S FASTEST WAY TO DESTRUCTION IS DISBELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS...MONEY IS GOOD! IT WAS MADE TO SERVE MAN NOT MAN SERVING IT...A MAN IN CHRIST CAN NOT END UP IN HELL
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 05, 2017
Image123:

My friend take your religious fanaticism out of here.
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by Image123(m): 4:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
MAN'S FASTEST WAY TO DESTRUCTION IS DISBELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS...MONEY IS GOOD! IT WAS MADE TO SERVE MAN NOT MAN SERVING IT...A MAN IN CHRIST CAN NOT END UP IN HELL

So money can make someone go to hell?

1 Like

Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by ColdSun: 4:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
There are masculine and feminine trousers. A feminine trouser won't fit a man properly without adjustments and vice versa. So the best advice is for women to stick to trousers designed for them.
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by hadow(m): 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2017
you been told nt to wear trousers is for the sake of disambiguity there is a passage in the scriptures that says you shouldnt wear what will make people get ur identity confusd
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by Image123(m): 11:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
ColdSun:
There are masculine and feminine trousers. A feminine trouser won't fit a man properly without adjustments and vice versa. So the best advice is for women to stick to trousers designed for them.

What is wrong with females wearing masculine trousers?
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by analice107: 11:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
isidiwent:
And that Deut. talks about male apparels. when that law was given no one wore trousers. Jesus Christ never wore trousers. They all wore garments but you could tell the males garments from the females. Who came up with this trouser issue in the Bible sef?
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by analice107: 11:46pm On Oct 05, 2017
Image123:

How can money make you go to hell pls?

It is lust and everything that comes afterwards that can put one on Hellspath, not money.

Money answers all things, but the LOVE/LUST of money is the root of evil.
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by Image123(m): 7:19am On Oct 06, 2017
analice107:

How can money make you go to hell pls?

It is lust and everything the comes afterwards that can put one on Hellspath, no money.

Money answers all things, but the LOVE/LUST of money is the root of evil.

So you are saying that lust can put one on hellspath, whatever that means. Someone else said that THE
ONLY TICKET TO DESTRUCTION, IS REJECTION OF THE
SON OF GOD OUR HOPE. What do you think?
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by ColdSun: 7:40am On Oct 06, 2017
Image123:

I can't remember the particular passage but the bible says a man should not wear a woman's cloth and vice versa.
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:43am On Oct 06, 2017
As far as I'm concerned, I don't see females wearing male trousers, I only see females wearing female trousers.

I don't know why African Christians are so dogmatic.
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by analice107: 8:08am On Oct 06, 2017
Image123:

So you are saying that lust can put one on hellspath, whatever that means. Someone else said that THE
ONLY TICKET TO DESTRUCTION, IS REJECTION OF THE
SON OF GOD OUR HOPE. What do you think?
It is Lust for the things we need to do with money that makes us do anything to make the money, hence sin. The root is lust.

What he is saying is this, Accepting Christ into our lives gives us a new nature. That nature helps us overcome lust and every other sinful act. But a rejection of Christ leaves you dead and susceptible to all the satanic radicals.

What ultimately takes us to hellfire is indeed a rejection of Christ, because it is with the new nature he gives we can access his kingdom.
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by Image123(m): 7:42pm On Oct 08, 2017
ColdSun:

I can't remember the particular passage but the bible says a man should not wear a woman's cloth and vice versa.

Good. So, it is wrong for a woman to wear masculine trousers?
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by MuttleyLaff: 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2017
ColdSun:

Image123:

analice107:
And that Deut. talks about male apparels.
when that law was given no one wore trousers. Jesus Christ never wore trousers.
They all wore garments but you could tell the males garments from the females. Who came up with this trouser issue in the Bible sef?

ColdSun:
It is in OP original post

Image123:
Like analice107 pointed out, Deuteronomy 22:5, is about sexes (i.e. male and female) not wearing each other's apparels
So, adding to Image123's question
Is it wrong for sexes (i.e. male and female) to wrap partners' towel round waists before going to and after having baths?
C'mon now, almost every household husbands and wives do this
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by MuttleyLaff: 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2017
Image123:
Can money make someone go to hell?
Regrettably and a sense of tragedy, money can make someone go to "hell"

Image123:
If you believe in Jesus, and have the love of money or serve it, are you going to hell?
22On hearing this, Jesus told him,
“You still lack one thing:
Sell everything you own and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven.
Then come, follow Me.”
23But when the ruler heard this, he became very sad, because he was extremely wealthy.
24Seeing the man’s sorrow, Jesus said,
“How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God.
25Indeed, it is easier for a camel to pass through an eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

- Luke 18:22-25
Apparently, there is a thin line separating believe in Jesus and having the love of money or serving it
Wander off that borderline, in the wrong direction, possibly is going to likely lead to "hell"

analice107:
It is Lust for the things we need to do with money that makes us do anything to make the money, hence sin. The root is lust.

What he is saying is this, Accepting Christ into our lives gives us a new nature. That nature helps us overcome lust and every other sinful act. But a rejection of Christ leaves you dead and susceptible to all the satanic radicals.

What ultimately takes us to hellfire is indeed a rejection of Christ, because it is with the new nature he gives we can access his kingdom.
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.
Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

- 1 Timothy 6:10
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by ColdSun: 7:54am On Oct 09, 2017
Image123:

Yes.
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by analice107: 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Regrettably and a sense of tragedy, money can make someone go to "hell"

22On hearing this, Jesus told him,
“You still lack one thing:
Sell everything you own and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven.
Then come, follow Me.”
23But when the ruler heard this, he became very sad, because he was extremely wealthy.
24Seeing the man’s sorrow, Jesus said,
“How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God.
25Indeed, it is easier for a camel to pass through an eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

- Luke 18:22-25
Apparently, there is a thin line separating believe in Jesus and having the love of money or serving it
Wander off that borderline, in the wrong direction, possibly is going to likely lead to "hell"

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.
Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

- 1 Timothy 6:10

Yes sir.
Covetousness and greed are the best ways to describe the love of money, and, behind them is LUST.
Re: Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? by analice107: 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
As far as I'm concerned, I don't see females wearing male trousers, I only see females wearing female trousers.

I don't know why African Christians are so dogmatic.
It's not African Christians my dear, there are pure white Christians who preach against trousers, makeups, wearing of Jewelry, using weavons, and nails, Praying with hair uncovered.
They preach against everything artificial.

I'm following one on facebook right now, her name is Simona Rich. She is a Pure White Blond lady, and she is exactly the Deeper Life kind of Christian over there.

There are Christian Churches in America who are like her.

The Amish Christians are not Africans, they are all White Puritans who rejects everything civilization has got to offer in America.

They refuse to use Electricity, any kind of technology. they reject. Women's hair is always covered, no make ups, nothing artificial. These were German immigrants to the U.S. They are still the way they were, doing what they did then. They are Agrarians.

There are Christians.

And they are doing very well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Have Victory Over Eating In Dreams. / See What The Quran Said About Jesus (photo) / Why I stopped going to Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.