Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? (2320 Views)

The Official Peugeot 504 Of Olusegun Obasanjo In 1979 As Head Of State (Photo) / Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? / Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by greatiyk4u(m): 8:24pm On Oct 04, 2017
COUNTER THREAD.......WHO IS THE BEST HEAD OF STATE NIGERIA EVER HAD?

What exactly is your reason?

Here's the list.

1.Nnamdi Azikiwe
2.Aguyi Ironsi
3.Yakubu Gowon
4.Murtala Muhammed
5.Olusegun Obasanjo
6.Shehu Shagari
7. Ibrahim Babangida
8. Sani Abacha
9. Ernest Shonekan
10. Abdulsalami Abubakar
11. Dr Goodluck Jonathan
12. Muhammadu Buhari

Please share your opinion

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by thesicilian: 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2017
None.
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by madridguy(m): 8:26pm On Oct 04, 2017
Muhammadu Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by Akissani: 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
madridguy:
tongue
op, ur list is incomplete. Where is Tafawa Balewa and Yar' adua

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by greatiyk4u(m): 8:36pm On Oct 04, 2017
Akissani:
op, ur list is incomplete. Where is Tafawa Balewa and Yar' adua

Yar'Adua na interim Prezido him be

Chose from the available option
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by ifeanyibxt: 8:41pm On Oct 04, 2017
My dad
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by bayocanny: 8:44pm On Oct 04, 2017
Muritala Mohammed...I remember when growing up, my dad use to tell us how life was easier during his time as a military ruler..goods and foodstuffs were cheap.
I also learnt something called "Murtala Chiken", heard it was so big that you don't need to buy oil to fry it, that the chicken itself discharged abundance of oil when boiling it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by yanshDoctor: 8:44pm On Oct 04, 2017
2) yaradua. he reduce pump price. and created stability and calm down Niger delta war and security.
created 7point agenda that is unpractical for 20 year the vision 2020

1) Jonathan comes first he strengthened the economy to Africa biggest economy. agric produce was surplus. dangote become africa riches man. and many billionaires spring up from nigeria. build many roads and amejuri schools.

built 14 university no president have ever achieve. built new rail line and revamped trains. although failed to construct Niger bridge.

These are some of the 14 Universities built by President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, with their structures in no particular order

1] Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State. —North Central.

2] Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State. ——-North Central.

3] Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State.– North East.

4] Federal University, Wakari, Taraba State. —-North East.

5] Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State.-North West.

6] Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State.——-North West.

7] Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State. —South South.

8] Federal University, Ndufe-Alike, Ebonyi State.-South East.

9] Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State.——-South West.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by khadaffi(m): 8:47pm On Oct 04, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Here's the list.

1.Nnamdi Azikiwe
2.Aguyi Ironsi
3.Yakubu Gowon
4.Murtala Muhammed
5.Olusegun Obasanjo
6.Shehu Shagari
7. Ibrahim Babangida
8. Sani Abacha
9. Ernest Shonekan
10. Abdulsalami Abubakar
11. Dr Goodluck Jonathan
12. Muhammadu Buhari

Nnamdi Azikiwe was not a political head but a ceremonial leader just like the queen of England. It will be better you use Tafawa Balewa instead.
Nnamdi Azikiwe was meant to replace the role of the queen after Nigeria became a republic in 1963 and it became inappropriate for the queen to still be our ceremonial leader since we were running a parliamentary form of govt.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by Daejoyoung: 8:47pm On Oct 04, 2017
My mum always speak highly of Murtala Mohammed though. I also think Tafewa Balewa would have done well.
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by greatiyk4u(m): 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2017
Who is he?

ifeanyibxt:
My dad
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by westlius(m): 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2017
madridguy:
Muhammadu Buhari
To shoot u dey hungry me

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by greatiyk4u(m): 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2017
yanshDoctor:
2) yaradua. he reduce pump price. and created stability and calm down Niger delta war and security.

1) Jonathan comes first he strengthened the economy to Africa biggest economy. agric produce was surplus. dangote become africa riches man. and many billionaires spring up from nigeria. build many roads and amejuri schools.

built 14 university no president have ever achieve. built new rail line and revamped trains. although failed to construct Niger bridge.

These are some of the 14 Universities built by President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, with their structures in no particular order

1] Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State. —North Central.

2] Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State. ——-North Central.

3] Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State.– North East.

4] Federal University, Wakari, Taraba State. —-North East.

5] Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State.-North West.

6] Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State.——-North West.

7] Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State. —South South.

8] Federal University, Ndufe-Alike, Ebonyi State.-South East.

9] Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State.——-South West.

Which of the foreign countries do you live in?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by Nbote(m): 8:54pm On Oct 04, 2017
Oh shut d Bleep up. U asked a question and somebody gave their ansa but d zombie in u jus couldn't stay latent abi
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by luvinhubby(m): 8:54pm On Oct 04, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Which of the foreign countries do you live in?

The question should be directed at you.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by EmeeNaka: 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2017
How can anyone compare Nigeria presidents on the order of good,better and best?
that's strange. Nigerian never had good leader,so none is better,let alone Best.
it's more appropriate to ask,which Nigeria leader is worst since all of them are bad.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by bedspread: 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Here's the list.

1.Nnamdi Azikiwe
2.Aguyi Ironsi
3.Yakubu Gowon
4.Murtala Muhammed
5.Olusegun Obasanjo
6.Shehu Shagari
7. Ibrahim Babangida
8. Sani Abacha
9. Ernest Shonekan
10. Abdulsalami Abubakar
11. Dr Goodluck Jonathan
12. Muhammadu Buhari

OUR FOUNDING FATHERS TO MY UNDERSTANDING LAID GOOD FOUNDATION FOR US.. so Dr AZIKWE has a pass

I HEARD MURITALA MUHAMMED WAS ONE GREAT LEADER BUT WASNT GIVEN THE CHANCE TO LEAD AS HE WAS ASSASSINATED.

SHEHU SHAGARI: I was born A year after he was sacked from office.... but history has a fair judgement for him. So I'll give him a pass

ABDULSALAMI: was lucky to be the most senior officer at the time Abacha kicked the bucket.... 9months in power.. GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT steadying the country and HANDING OVER TO A DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVT.. he has a pass.

GOODLUCK JONATHAN FOR ME REMAINS NIGERIA BEST.
IT WAS A PITY HE WAS PULLED DOWN BY PROPAGANDAS AND LIES..... He had he low points also of sort of corruption within those around Him.
BUT GOODLUCK WAS A PRESIDENT THAT WAS HANDLING PHYSICALLY AND TANGIBLE ISSUES ONE AFTER THE OTHER...

HE SILENTLY PUT IN PLACE SYSTEMATIC MOTIONS THAT WOULD CLOSE UP CORRUPT PRATICES E.g BVN, TSA, ippis, etc

HE ALLOWED FOR TOTAL FREEDOM OF SPEECH...

HE DEFINITELY HAD HIS FLAWS....

BUT HE HAD A DIRECTION.....

WHICH IS WAT IS LACKING IN THE PRESENT LEADERSHIP...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by greatiyk4u(m): 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2017
EmeeNaka:
How can anyone compare Nigeria presidents on the order of good,better and best?
that's strange. Nigerian never had good leader,so none is better,let alone Best.
it's more appropriate to ask,which Nigeria leader is worst since all of them are bad.

In the absence of good, bad becomes better than the worse and worst there by making it good at that instance
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by gidgiddy: 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2017
Remove Zik from the list as well as Balewa, neither one was ever executive president of Nigeria.

The rest were absolutely disasterous (except for Shonekan who I cannot judge based on just 3 months in office)

For me, the best of them was Shagari
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by Bari22: 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2017
Buhari any day any time
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by pedrilo: 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2017
Goodluck I know!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by zombieHUNTER: 10:47pm On Oct 04, 2017
Yaradua takes it

The man had an agenda
Unlike the current slowpoke in aso rock
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by zombieHUNTER: 10:48pm On Oct 04, 2017
Bari22:
Buhari any day any time
You are just hungry

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by Successdude(m): 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2017
Have more than one in mind ; Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe.... Umaru Musa Yar'Adua; Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by zombieHUNTER: 11:00pm On Oct 04, 2017
Successdude:
Have more than one in mind ; Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe.... Umaru Musa Yar'Adua; Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

Goodluck shouldn't be mentioned on this thread
He failed
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by Successdude(m): 11:18pm On Oct 04, 2017
zombieHUNTER:

Goodluck shouldn't be mentioned on this thread
He failed
There are shortcomings truely, but that doeant mean the good deeds should be swept under the carpet. In my Opinion, No, He did not.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by Isokowadoo: 11:26pm On Oct 04, 2017
Gej

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by SalamRushdie: 11:47pm On Oct 04, 2017
Even though Nigeria has never been blessed with a a good leader we have had a couple of slightly below average leaders and the really really bad one like Buhari is is the worst ever and whose bad behaviour had always affected the performance of the others .. so for the purpose of this thread in no other the best leaders Nigeria has had so far are Babangida , Obasanjo and Jonathan while the worst will forever remain Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by obailala(m): 1:06am On Oct 05, 2017
yanshDoctor:
2) yaradua. he reduce pump price.
If I remember right, petrol sold for N62 until the week before handover in May 27th 2007 when OBJ gave Nigeria a parting gift by yanking the pump price to N75. Labour Unions began their protests for pump price to be returned to normal and as soon as Yaradua came in, he reduced the price only to N65. I'm not sure I underatand how that is an achievement.
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by bkool7(m): 1:31am On Oct 05, 2017
luvinhubby:

The question should be directed at you.

Youre not a Nigerian or youre Ipob.
Then, youre still not a Nigerian
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by bkool7(m): 1:34am On Oct 05, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Even though Nigeria has never been blessed with a a good leader we have had a couple of slightly below average leaders and the really really bad one like Buhari is is the worst ever and whose bad behaviour had always affected the performance of the others .. so for the purpose of this thread in no other the best leaders Nigeria has had so far are Babangida , Obasanjo and Jonathan while the worst will forever remain Buhari

Obj is the worst.
he layed a bad foundation for others

We only thought he was fair because we just came out of a military govt

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? by richeso: 1:42am On Oct 05, 2017
GEJ.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tension As Nnamdi Kanu Speaks VIDEO / Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec / Subsidy Is For Mere 2 Million Cars!! Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.