Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,131 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

How Do I Know Fake LG TV - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How Do I Know Fake LG TV (23596 Views)

I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! / 'Enemy I Know': Regina Daniel Slaps Her Mother In A Movie / Please How Do I Differentiate Fake Lg Tv From Original? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Know Fake LG TV by Paramount01(m): 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2017
Please how can I recognize fake LG TV
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by herrlekan(m): 9:24am On Oct 05, 2017
Paramount01:
Please how can I recognize fake LG TV

It is very hard to detect a fake LG TV but not impossible. Most LG outlet sell fake LG products. However, to avoid being a victim buy from FOUANI stores. You can order online from www.fouani.com and it will be delivered to your doorstep if you can't locate their stores .Their stores are located in major cities like Lagos,port Harcourt etc.Their products comes with two years warranty.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by Mypeople2(m): 7:35pm On Jul 24, 2018
Please I am about paying for a LG49 inches lj62 that cost less than 95k from Alaba ,how do I know if it is genuine or not?
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by gmacnoms(m): 2:34pm On Oct 04, 2018
Mypeople2:
Please I am about paying for a LG49 inches lj62 that cost less than 95k from Alaba ,how do I know if it is genuine or not?
did you buy? What's your experience
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by symbianDON(m): 6:16pm On Oct 04, 2018
I recently bought a fake 32" LG TV. I knew it was fake but went ahead to buy because I was getting it dirt cheap. I bought from someone who had only used it for 3 weeks for N25k! he actually didn't know it was fake when he bought it for N55k so I leveraged on that to get a real bargain. so how do you know a fake LG TV? firstly if you look very closely at the carton in which it is packed, careful observation will reveal that the LG written on it is a different hue from the other writings on the carton because it was painted on it as an after job! this also applies to the LG written on the tv and the remote controller. again if you see made in china on the TV, it's fake! LG TVs are made in Korea! when the TV is switched on, if you're familiar with LG TVs, you will notice a very different UI from what you are used to and remote controllers of genuine LG TVs will not operate fake LG TVs and vice versa. lastly, fake LG TVs feel much lighter than the genuine ones in weight. Hope this helps.
from my personal experience, however, I don't regret my purchase because the picture quality of the TV compares very well with my other genuine LGs (one is a 3D smart tv). the sound quality is excellent for a TV and it plays most video formats.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by Mypeople2(m): 2:52am On Oct 05, 2018
gmacnoms:
did you buy? What's your experience
I did.First, that tv is actually 43" and not 49" .You will notice it when you use the measuring tape to measure it diagonally from the bottom
Secordly the model number of the tv do not match with the real tv model number.That means the tv is refurbished .In fact the colour na die .Abeg nor buy that tv .It is not a real smart tv

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by Jombojombo(m): 7:30pm On Jul 18, 2020
symbianDON:
I recently bought a fake 32" LG TV. I knew it was fake but went ahead to buy because I was getting it dirt cheap. I bought from someone who had only used it for 3 weeks for N25k! he actually didn't know it was fake when he bought it for N55k so I leveraged on that to get a real bargain. so how do you know a fake LG TV? firstly if you look very closely at the carton in which it is packed, careful observation will reveal that the LG written on it is a different hue from the other writings on the carton because it was painted on it as an after job! this also applies to the LG written on the tv and the remote controller. again if you see made in china on the TV, it's fake! LG TVs are made in Korea! when the TV is switched on, if you're familiar with LG TVs, you will notice a very different UI from what you are used to and remote controllers of genuine LG TVs will not operate fake LG TVs and vice versa. lastly, fake LG TVs feel much lighter than the genuine ones in weight. Hope this helps.
from my personal experience, however, I don't regret my purchase because the picture quality of the TV compares very well with my other genuine LGs (one is a 3D smart tv). the sound quality is excellent for a TV and it plays most video formats.

Pls what has been ur experience with the "fake" LG TV?
I'm about buying one to save some cost. Will u advice me go ahead? Your reply will be appreciated
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by symbianDON(m): 11:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
Jombojombo:

Pls what has been ur experience with the "fake" LG TV?
I'm about buying one to save some cost. Will u advice me go ahead? Your reply will be appreciated
well it all boils down to your taste. As for me, the picture quality is ok as well as the audio. It isn't a bad tv except it's a clone. However, I must warn that it's very fragile!! Use it with a good stabilizer and you are good to go. All the best.
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by Jombojombo(m): 11:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
symbianDON:
well it all boils down to your taste. As for me, the picture quality is ok as well as the audio. It isn't a bad tv except it's a clone. However, I must warn that it's very fragile!! Use it with a good stabilizer and you are good to go. All the best.

I appreciate u immensely.

So it has not given u any complaint since that 2018 that u bought it?
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by Jombojombo(m): 11:26pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mypeople2:
I did.First, that tv is actually 43" and not 49" .You will notice it when you use the measuring tape to measure it diagonally from the bottom
Secordly the model number of the tv do not match with the real tv model number.That means the tv is refurbished .In fact the colour na die .Abeg nor buy that tv .It is not a real smatt tv

Pls what has been ur experience with this TV so far? I will appreciate ur response
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by Mypeople2(m): 7:24am On Jul 19, 2020
Jombojombo:

Pls what has been ur experience with this TV so far? I will appreciate ur response
The TV is a bit okay.But it is not a latest smart TV.It looks like it was made some decades ago.Although it can browse the internet but most android applications don't work .There is no NETFLIX or other smart features in the TV .The remote control that will be giving to you is the LG general remote control and not the modern one that contains Netflix or other smart features
Finally , I will advice you not to patronize smart TV with LJ model number

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by symbianDON(m): 2:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
Jombojombo:

I appreciate u immensely.

So it has not given u any complaint since that 2018 that u bought it?
no it hasn't
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by Jombojombo(m): 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
symbianDON:
no it hasn't

God bless u bro.

Pls can u tell me the fake model number, let me look out for it when buying. God no go shame us grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by symbianDON(m): 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
Jombojombo:

God bless u bro.

Pls can u tell me the fake model number, let me look out for it when buying. God no go shame us grin
it is a clone of LG lj50

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by paltielx: 8:05pm On Nov 20, 2020
Pls help me I recently buy a fake LG TV with model number LK50, pls help me out
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by sunnx(f): 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2021
paltielx:
Pls help me I recently buy a fake LG TV with model number LK50, pls help me out

Am interested in this Model LG43" LK50 series how can one identify fake? I have bought mine almost eight months ago am yet to unboxing it, it was only tested only the day I bought it after then I never switch it on again till present.
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by paltielx: 8:35pm On Mar 25, 2021
sunnx:

Am interested in this Model LG43" LK50 series how can one identify fake? I have bought mine almost eight months ago am yet to unboxing it, it was only tested only the day I bought it after then I never switch it on again till present.
i bought mine about six month ago, later that week i discovered that it was a fake one and since then i don't use it. The easiest way to identity the original one is to check if the remote have a LG logo on it and if the TV set have a well inscribe LG logo on it
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by Fk2021(m): 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2021
Please call me. Looking for this fake LG to buy. 08083031185
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by Josephkabila12: 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
Please can someone use the fake LG TV with just Hivolt guard without stabilizer
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by Ssathugit: 12:23am On May 17, 2022
I bought an LG TV last year and I'm having problems with the firmware right now. When I turn on the quality higher than 720p on YouTube, my TV turns off. I found the lg electronics phone number, called them and yes, it was the firmware.
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by Uemah7: 10:26am On Sep 22, 2022
guys, I recently ordered an LG 32" smart tv, they brought in a fake. How I knew?

1. The weight, it was so so light that immediately you hold it and raise it, you can feel.

2. There is no model number on the carton, they only wrote one random string of digits, every LG smart tv comes with a model number, that also specifies which region it was manufactured for, e.g AFK-68839blah blah, that AFK means it was made for Africa.

3. No model number on the TV itself. for every original LG tv, you will see the model numbers printed on the back of the TV itself. If you notice that the number is printed on a paper sticker and attached to the tv, just know it's a fake.

4. When you put on the TV, normally, it is supposed to ask you to set it up, being a new webOS TV, just like setting up your new android phone when you buy it, but the fake one will just take you directly to the TV interface, with blurry logos and icons, you'll just notice that there is nothing smart about the pictures, the edges of the icons are rough and blurry.
Also the remote control will look so unrefined, the spellings of YouTube and Netflix might be wrongly spelt and the LG logo on the remote will be a painted one, not finely printed as its supposed to be.

5. The last trick, this is the ultimate way to know if your LG smart tv is fake or real, pick up the remote, point at the tv and quickly tap the mute button thrice, on the original, the tv model number will pop up on the screen instantly, but on the fake one, nothing will happen apart from the volume going down.

Thank me later
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by iamdapsyj(m): 5:26am On May 03, 2023
symbianDON:

Hello, please can these clone Lg TVs be updated?

Do they have firmware online to update them. I asked because I have been using the Lg 43lk for about 2years now but I want to update it but I find it difficult to see any firmware for the update....

Thanks
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by symbianDON(m): 1:56pm On May 03, 2023
iamdapsyj:

Hello, please can these clone Lg TVs be updated?

Do they have firmware online to update them. I asked because I have been using the Lg 43lk for about 2years now but I want to update it but I find it difficult to see any firmware for the update....

Thanks
I doubt they can be updated since the firmwares used aren't LG original firmwares but some Chinese software.
Re: How Do I Know Fake LG TV by iamdapsyj(m): 6:03pm On May 03, 2023
symbianDON:
I doubt they can be updated since the firmwares used aren't LG original firmwares but some Chinese software.

Okay, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Any Lover Of Mount Zion Films In The House? / "93 Days" Premiere At The House On The Rock Church: Amaechi, Joke Silva Attend / Kunle Afolayan's Trailer For "A Naija Christmas" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.