Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? (891 Views)

The Official Peugeot 504 Of Olusegun Obasanjo In 1979 As Head Of State (Photo) / Buhari’s Govt, Worst In Nigeria’s History – Agbakoba / Who Is The Best Head Of State Nigeria Ever Had? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by yinkuscious(m): 10:25pm On Oct 04, 2017
Here's a counter thread
the list.
1.Nnamdi Azikiwe
2.Aguyi Ironsi
3.Yakubu Gowon
4.Murtala Muhammed
5.Olusegun Obasanjo
6.Shehu Shagari
7. Ibrahim Babangida
8. Sani Abacha
9. Ernest Shonekan
10. Abdulsalami Abubakar
11. Dr Goodluck Jonathan
12. Muhammadu Buhari

please lets do this opinion poll...

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by anuoluwapo884(m): 10:35pm On Oct 04, 2017
Aguyi Ironsi

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by zombieHUNTER: 10:42pm On Oct 04, 2017
Without bias
I will give to Yaradua
Though the cold hands of death had other plans...

But I liked the little I saw
Detribalised... Focused... Had a clear agenda
And meant well for the nation genuinely

Nigeria has always had bad leaders anyways

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by id911(m): 10:46pm On Oct 04, 2017
Umaru Musa Yaradua. Silent but real anti corruption fighter (any of his appointees indicted was immediately ordered to resign and go clear their names e.g Adenike Grange and others), detribalised, extremely frugal, had clear and workable agenda and timelines to fulfill them, not a religious and ethnic bigot, saw Nigeria as one entity, a listening leader, a man of peace.

May God bless Umaru Yaradua
May God bless Dr Nnandi Azikiwe
May God bless Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi
May God bless Gen. Yakubu Gowon
May God bless Murtala Muhammad
May God bless Olusegun Obasanjo
May God bless Alhaji Shehu Shagari
May God bless IBB
May God bless Ernest Shonekan
May God bless Gen. Sani Abacha
May God bless Abdulsalami Abubakar
May God bless Dr Goodluck Jonathan

May devil punish the incompetent and divisive one called muhammed Buhari
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by dunkem21(m): 10:51pm On Oct 04, 2017
zombieHUNTER:
Without bias
I will give to Yaradua
Though the cold hands of death had other plans...

But I liked the little I saw
Detribalised... Focused... Had a clear agenda
And meant well for the nation genuinely

Nigeria has always had bad leaders anyways

Yaradua is not in the option shocked

Kindly choose again wink
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by internationalman(m): 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2017
Egberipapa one of Bayelsa if u know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by zombieHUNTER: 10:55pm On Oct 04, 2017
dunkem21:

Yaradua is not in the option shocked

Kindly choose again wink
Umaru musa wink grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by dunkem21(m): 10:59pm On Oct 04, 2017
zombieHUNTER:

Umaru musa wink grin

You're a case grin

OK, choose Vice president for him cheesy
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by zombieHUNTER: 11:08pm On Oct 04, 2017
dunkem21:

You're a case grin

OK, choose Vice president for him cheesy
The only man who knows his place grin
Just contented with his salaries and other goodies that falls on his lap while doing nothing

Namadi sambo tongue
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by Crownadex(m): 11:09pm On Oct 04, 2017
Sani Abacha .....

Abeg where my shoe make I start dae run bcz they're coming after me
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by dunkem21(m): 11:15pm On Oct 04, 2017
zombieHUNTER:

The only man who knows his place grin
Just contented with his salaries and other goodies that falls on his lap while doing nothing

Namadi sambo tongue

I thought it was the only man that knows his place cheesy Not bothered about salaries but packages goodies that flows while doing something..

Atiku Abubakar tongue
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by wtfcoded: 11:40pm On Oct 04, 2017
Nnamdi azikiwe. The best of all time.
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by okum1(m): 11:43pm On Oct 04, 2017
11 and still 11
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by honourhim: 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2017
Yaradua is my best. I miss that man sooooo much. He was just getting it right and death stole him away from us. Nigeria would ve gone far with him as the president.

NB. Op pls start from 1999 till date. Pls remove those 1960 things. Most people here were not born then so we can judge them well.
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by 2kass(m): 11:47pm On Oct 04, 2017
The last thread for the worst was only created to Castigate Buhari...

If President Buhari should die today, I am very sure that in the next 7 yrs we will be crying about how great he was and how he was able to stop the wastages in Government.

I know that I will be quoted and insulted, but I can assure you that you wouldn't get a response from me.

Give your likes to the dudes that castigate the current regime, it wouldn't make today turn May 2019.

We are in it together. Una case just be like pple wey dey curse NEPA since 1982, yet NEPA still never improve.

Not supporting failure but U all need to take a chill pill mehnnnn

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by id911(m): 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
2kass:

If President Buhari should die today, I am very sure that in the next 7 yrs we will be crying about how great he was and how he was able to stop the wastages in Government.

I know that I will be quoted and insulted, but I can assure you that you wouldn't get a response from me.

Give your likes to the dudes that castigate the current regime, it wouldn't make today turn May 2019.

We are in it together. Una case just be like pple wey dey curse NEPA since 1982, yet NEPA still never improve.

I'm sure even his wife would say he was a calamity to this nation after his is long gone
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by DVanguard: 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2017
2kass:

It takes a man of open mind to know that we are at serious cross road. Anywhere there was financial recklessness and financial prudence takes over, there will be lots of anger. I cannot enjoy 5m every month without anything significant to show for it and all of a sudden i cannot lay my hand on 100k not to talk of 1m. I will be frustrated and angry. PMB will definitely have his weakness at least i don't t him to be perfect. All i see his creating a bad precedence in the polity.
Today we say Fulani will always support Fulani, that means those of us from the south should not vote PDP too cos their next Presidential Candidate will be from the north and every possibility a Fulani Man. Remember Atiku is fulani from Adamawa.
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by wakaman: 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2017
Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR!
Re: Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? by chinoxstock: 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2017
2kass:

Nobody would ever cry how great Buhari was ever in the history of Nigeria..Ever! When we shall tell our story, Buharis era would be regarded as the dark era of our country!.

Thank God you acknowledge that supporting Buhari is supporting failure.

(1) (Reply)

2 Dead And Several Injured As Apc Factions Engaged One Another In Osun State. / Missing Alert: Pretty 17-year-old Jessica Famuyiwa Declared Missing In The UK / Katsina Ex-speaker Dumps PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.