Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,938 members, 7,799,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

The Incompetence Of GTB Customer Care, Head Office,akin Adesola - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The Incompetence Of GTB Customer Care, Head Office,akin Adesola (1365 Views)

How To Increase Gtb Transfer Limit / Zenith Or GTB Or UBA? / Current And Available Balance On My Gtb Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Incompetence Of GTB Customer Care, Head Office,akin Adesola by bsideboii(m): 8:55am On Oct 05, 2017
I'm not someone to get angry in a banking hall and almost create a scene but I was pushed to wall by the non-challant attitude and Unprofessional act of GTB BANK customer care staffs at Akin Adesola. To think this was their head office and I hoped to get the best service .
Over time, I have come to the realisation that you only get treated well in Nigerian banks only when you are perceived to be a person of "High net worth" or can blow fake "British English".
I opened an account with GTB few years ago with my name wrongly spelt (Which was no fault of mine)...fast forward to July this year, I was opportuned to be admitted into a govt. Sponsored program in collaboration with a private firm. This private firm insisted my stipend must be paid into a GTB account.I asked them to close the old account as my name was wrongly spelt,They declined my request and insisted I correct the error in the old acct..
To cut the long story short,I had to go the bank five (5) times as I filled forms that was probably thrown into a thrash can,Went 3 months without getting paid (As the firm insisted on paying throug GTB),I was spoken rudely to as one AHMED guy who told me " I don't know this person" like he needed to know me before I get a simple service of correcting a name that was wrongly spelt by them!.Till I was eventually attended to by one SHOGO who seemed to know how to go about the process. It is high time these banks begin to pay we "common" citizens some respect rather than aid Public office holders and Private guys alike in their looting and launderinf of money.
GTB needs to re-train their staffs on how to handle some not so common issues and most importantly MANNERS so that they don't put people in difficult situations. Pardon my grammar and typo.#Peace

lalasticlala pls move to FP.

1 Like

Re: The Incompetence Of GTB Customer Care, Head Office,akin Adesola by Eldinot4(m): 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2017
Similar to my case, after not solving my issue i thought their head office here in kaduna would be better, but its almost worst. I almost insulted the lady cos of the way she was responding, as if i forced her to be a banker, i tore the 3page form they made me fill and left.
GTB customer care is the worst i've ever seen, i regret ever opening a gtb account.
Due to bad experience i allowed my account dormant, they disturbed me with their useless mails i decided to reactivate my account can you imagine i entered the banking hall more than 3 times just because i wanted to reactivate my account, change the signature and uprade the account to tier 3.
They kept giving excuses everyday after joing a long queue waiting for customer care.worst of all they are so arrogant unless u look like someone with millions in their bank.

Diamond bank customer care gives me joy everyday. So so friend in all the branches ive entered, its just part of them

2 Likes

Re: The Incompetence Of GTB Customer Care, Head Office,akin Adesola by bsideboii(m): 9:46pm On Oct 06, 2017
Eldinot4:
GTB customer care is the worst i've ever seen, i regret ever opening a gtb account.
Due to bad experience i allowed my account dormant, they disturbed me with their useless mails i decided to reactivate my account can you imagine i entered the banking hall more than 3 times just because i wanted to reactivate my account, change the signature and uprade the account to tier 3.
They kept giving excuses everyday after joing a long queue waiting for customer care.worst of all they are so arrogant unless u look like someone with millions in their bank.

Diamond bank customer care gives me joy everyday. So so friend in all the branches ive entered, its just part of them
Wow! exactly my experience.They even made it seem like they were doing me a favour. I had to almost create a scene in the banking hall before the silly guys answered me.
Re: The Incompetence Of GTB Customer Care, Head Office,akin Adesola by Eldinot4(m): 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2017
bsideboii:
Wow! exactly my experience.They even made it seem like they were doing me a favour. I had to almost create a scene in the banking hall before the silly guys answered me.
If u dnt have your BVN linked to that account like me, you can just allow them and quietly fill a new form with ur correct details and a diff phone no. Nd email.
Re: The Incompetence Of GTB Customer Care, Head Office,akin Adesola by bsideboii(m): 3:02am On Oct 07, 2017
Eldinot4:

If u dnt have your BVN linked to that account like me, you can just allow them and quietly fill a new form with ur correct details and a diff phone no. Nd email.
Wished I had known this earlier. I would have saved myself all the stress.Thanks much tho.

2 Likes

Re: The Incompetence Of GTB Customer Care, Head Office,akin Adesola by kolexy(m): 10:53am On Oct 07, 2017
Eldinot4:
Similar to my case, after not solving my issue i thought their head office here in kaduna would be better, but its almost worst. I almost insulted the lady cos of the way she was responding, as if i forced her to be a banker, i tore the 3page form they made me fill and left.

Why are you guys trying so hard to discredit GTB. Trying to destroy Nigeria's best brand and promoting a dead Diamond bank
Re: The Incompetence Of GTB Customer Care, Head Office,akin Adesola by mecussey(m): 11:21am On Oct 07, 2017
My own case took 1yr before it was resolved by one simple guy i spoke to on phone (call center). Just forgot to save his name, he told me he will follow up and he did. He even called me back to clarify some issues which i missed the call twice and he still called back. Before, the next day I got an email that my case is closed and resolved and that was excellent. Before then, I spoke to 20 different ladies who speaks waec english, some of them could not even identify the problem of referee and restriction. Went to the banking hall more than 10 times and after all the delay some one will tell me, they will look into it. This was not how gtb use to be...power changed hands and competence dropped. I know there are few who are still very competent but the lazy ones are bigger in number, most of them ladies. What randy boss brings to the table of labour.

1 Like

Re: The Incompetence Of GTB Customer Care, Head Office,akin Adesola by Eldinot4(m): 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
kolexy:

Why are you guys trying so hard to discredit GTB. Trying to destroy Nigeria's best brand and promoting a dead Diamond bank
Im saying my mind bro. Base on experience. You wont understand maybe cause you one of those customers with fat balance that can make the bankers lick their feet without complaining, but go check how they treat we the perceived lowlife customers. Im still regreting using that bank.
Re: The Incompetence Of GTB Customer Care, Head Office,akin Adesola by Bsideboi(m): 5:21pm On Oct 16, 2017
From my experience,the male customer care staffs are more helpful than their female counterpart . Those ones will be acting like as if you broke their heart years back grin

(1) (Reply)

The 2020 Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme Is Now Open – / Which Loan App Can Loan Me 10k? / Afribank Shares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.