Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Drake - Over (first Single Off Thank Me Later) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Drake - Over (first Single Off Thank Me Later) (1602 Views)

Beyonce First Single "girls" Just Leaked (full Song) / Download Old School Naija Songs Here And Thank Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drake - Over (first Single Off Thank Me Later) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 09, 2010
Over is not Drakes first single off Thank me Later .It's just one of his many singles from hear-it-first.
I wonder what the whole argument is all about.
Re: Drake - Over (first Single Off Thank Me Later) by DBR: 9:16am On Mar 10, 2010
eldee:

I didn't compare Drake to U2 . . . I'm sending you those albums to improve your own taste in music.
Your standards are way too low . . . your understanding of what's melody is questionable and your inference that I can't spot a good sound is laughable grin grin
Now if you listen to them, it gives you a broad view of what's good music and also stops you from dropping your standards that low to accommodate sounds like this.
hahahnaaaa~~u r a joke! grin grin
Dunno but sth just tells me im more musically ecclectic than u.
Boy, dyu kno hw many years of listenin to music i got under ma beltears? grin
When i was talkin bout Pavarotti and Bocelli, u think i was just throwin up names?
Ur collectin of music will pale if u cmpare to mine(even tho i lost tons when ma system crashed)

Plus, I studied music, i play the keyboard, i was in d choir, i critique works of art~~i direct,
i paint, and when i do i listen to classical symphonies. I workin on a canvas and Mozart or Bach is
playin in d background~~my rendition of Jesu Joy was commended~~dont even get me started.
Boy, im as broad as broad can be! grin

I'l like to believe ma ears are better trained than urs so i culd spot wat u wld easily dismiss.
That said, U cant say there was NO MELODY in the hook!
May not be as melodic as others but that dont mean the complete absence of it.
U may not like it, but that too dont make it trash, and as disappointin as u make it sound.
He didnt go off beat, didnt sound forced, distorted, and lacks rhythm, Gosh eldeee!!!

Ok xpected sth hotter, more catchy, but he gave u this, i understand ur plight.
But dont deny the existence of elements that r there just to press home ur grievance, ok?

oNe
Re: Drake - Over (first Single Off Thank Me Later) by eldee(m): 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2010
DBR:

hahahnaaaa~~u r a joke! grin grin
Dunno but sth just tells me im more musically ecclectic than u.
Boy, dyu kno hw many years of listenin to music i got under ma beltears? grin
When i was talkin bout Pavarotti and Bocelli, u think i was just throwin up names?
your collectin of music will pale if u cmpare to mine(even tho i lost tons when ma system crashed)

Plus, I studied music, i play the keyboard, i was in d choir, i critique works of art~~i direct,
i paint, and when i do i listen to classical symphonies. I workin on a canvas and Mozart or Bach is
playin in d background~~my rendition of Jesu Joy was commended~~dont even get me started.
Boy, im as broad as broad can be! grin

Come on DBR . . . how predictable can you be??
I mention taste in music and voila . . . Mozart pops out. . . lol
WOW!!! You actually listen to JSB??
What next?? 'Hi I'm DBR . . . I know football so much because I watch Pele and Maradona play' grin grin grin
Anyway . . . I'm going to let you enjoy yourself, it's good for you. tongue tongue

DBR:

I'l like to believe ma ears are better trained than urs so i culd spot wat u wld easily dismiss.
That said, U cant say there was NO MELODY in the hook!
May not be as melodic as others but that dont mean the complete absence of it.
U may not like it, but that too dont make it trash, and as disappointin as u make it sound.
He didnt go off beat, didnt sound forced, distorted, and lacks rhythm, Gosh eldeee!!!

Ok xpected sth hotter, more catchy, but he gave u this, i understand your plight.
But dont deny the existence of elements that r there just to press home your grievance, ok?

oNe

You 'will like to believe' . . . being a key clause.
Well, I can't keep dragging this back and forth, I won't change your opinion.

Just the same way you won't change the views of the many music critics, some of which have described the chorus as 'inane' . . . and the millions of Drake fans that have expressed their dissappointment.

Now . . . be predictable, say I'm being influenced by public opinion. . . say the critics are spewing fuckery and say that doesn't prove anything. grin grin
Re: Drake - Over (first Single Off Thank Me Later) by ofokaofoki: 6:46pm On Mar 10, 2010
eldee u talk too much grin
Re: Drake - Over (first Single Off Thank Me Later) by Genuflect(m): 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2010
ferari90:

Over is not Drakes first single off Thank me Later .It's just one of his many singles from hear-it-first.
I wonder what the whole argument is all about.
Wetin this one dey talk? Over is the first official single. Go and get your facts together
Re: Drake - Over (first Single Off Thank Me Later) by eldee(m): 7:59pm On Mar 10, 2010
Genuflect:

Wetin this one dey talk? Over is the first official single. Go and get your facts together

You get time ooh . . . some people are just a waste of bandwith.
Re: Drake - Over (first Single Off Thank Me Later) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2010
This beat and lyrics was weak. . . . but I still loff Drake.
I still like the song because it has Drake written all over it cool

Is it only me or is the beat irritating? The metal noise is irritating cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ray G - Connect [check Out This Hot Blazing Single From The Connect Master-ray G / 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) / Ice Prince Vs Sarkodie Vs Mr Incredible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.