|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,744,919 members, 6,512,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 September 2021 at 10:57 PM
Nigerian Customs Sabotaging Igbo Businesses - Ohanaeze Youths / Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses / First African Sneaker Design Company Launches On Indiegogo(a Nigerian Start-up) (2) (3) (4)
|Nigerian Start-up Develops Anti-smuggling Solution For The Nigerian Customs by tmanuelle(m): 1:16pm On Oct 05, 2017|
I came across this piece put together by a Nigerian out of patriotism on the menace of car smuggling and how it can be curbed by the Nigerian Customs. We need to encourage innovative minds like this. Please share until it gets to the CG of the Nigerian Customs Service.
Electronic Customs Duty Valuation and Clearance Certificate System is an hybrid technology driven solution that uses artificial intelligence, mobile and smart card technology to curb the menace of motor vehicles' smuggling and other associated challenges in Nigeria while blocking the annual revenue leakages of about $1 Billion.
Limitations and Missing Links in the Past Efforts of Nigerian Customs;
1) The conventional paper clearance documents issued by customs authority are prone to forgery and manipulation.
2) Inability of the stakeholders to proffered a transnational solution (solution that involves active participation and cooperation of both federal and state government agencies across in elimination of motor vehicle smuggling.)
3) The larger percentage of the prospective motor vehicle buyers in Nigeria cannot differentiate between a smuggled motor vehicle and properly cleared motor vehicle at the point of purchase.
4) Official of motor licensing agencies cannot distinguish fake customs clearance documents from the original one at the point of registration.
5) Smuggled motor vehicles are easily getting registered across Nigeria.
6) Other limitations are not limited to lack of political will, corruption, inadequate budgetary provision, institutional mediocrity but poor project conceptualization and implementation
Our Solution and How It Works
1) Customs Duty Evaluation Module: this enables the Customs to know the exact value of any imported motor vehicle while automatically calculates the accurate duty value of the vehicles through machine intelligence towards elimination of persistent under-declaration of vehicle value by the importers and also undervaluation of duty payable by the corrupt officials.
2) Electronic Duty Clearance Certificate Module: this enable the Customs to issue a smart card that is not clone-able as an evidence of duty payment and custom clearance instead of the current paper-based clearance documents that are prone to forgery and manipulation.
3) Mobile Clearance Verification Module: this module enables the members of the public to verify the clearance status of imported or locally built motor vehicle through mobile USSD before buying from the dealers or importers
4) License Registration Module: this enables the licensing agencies across the country to verify the clearance status of motor vehicles through their designated card reading terminals before issuing the number plates and other documents; Therefore owners of new vehicles most come to licensing offices with issued smart card as an evidence of customs clearance operation no card no vehicle registration'
5) Supervisory and Monitoring Module; it enables the government to remotely monitor issuance of cards and registration of motor vehicle processes towards transparency and accountability
Developed $ Presented By:
ECDCC Technologies Nigeria Limited
2 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: Nigerian Start-up Develops Anti-smuggling Solution For The Nigerian Customs by ephinitech07: 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2017|
Waoh! This is one of the best innovation, that can help Nigeria government curb corruption and smuggling. Please let's try to share this until it reach the proper authority. I believe in great Nigeria
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Nigerian Start-up Develops Anti-smuggling Solution For The Nigerian Customs by broadserve: 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2017|
"There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.” - Martin Luther King Jr. I sincerely hope Nigerians at position of authority will soonest come to this knowledge and do us proud using technology like this.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39