Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,049 members, 7,807,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

A Weeping Prophet - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Weeping Prophet (1069 Views)

Buhari Must Not Near Aso Rock For Now; Fayose Will Go To Jail- Prophet Tibetan / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP / God Hates Weeping And Begging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Weeping Prophet by Jaylone(m): 2:59pm On Mar 08, 2010
I think the world need another Jeremiah, Elijah and David. But the one I think is needed most is Jeremiah. WHY? He was a weeping prophet, crying out for GOD for a nation that had gone to idolatry. His words "Thus saith the LORD, What iniquity have your fathers found in me, that they are gone far from me, and have walked after vanity, and are become vain?" With many such words he portrayed GOD crying for His lost children to come home.

DON'T the world need someone like this?

Please comment
Re: A Weeping Prophet by Tonyet1(m): 3:06pm On Mar 08, 2010
Dont really think its dat necessary rather the world needs you and me to stand up and live like the children of the light.
Re: A Weeping Prophet by nuella2(f): 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2010
The world need you, thats why you came at such a time. God do not make mistake by bringing you now and not Elijah or Jeremiah. They have done thier part do yours.
Re: A Weeping Prophet by Jaylone(m): 5:20pm On Mar 08, 2010
Yes the world needs you and me. But can I really stand up and cry to the people knowing that they will perish if they don't change their ways? Or I'll pamper them to believe that GOD is merciful and forgiving and no matter what they do He will forgive them (which is true only if they turn from their ways)
Re: A Weeping Prophet by nuella2(f): 9:28pm On Mar 08, 2010
Jaylone:

Yes the world needs you and me. But can I really stand up and cry to the people knowing that they will perish if they don't change their ways? Or I'll pamper them to believe that GOD is merciful and forgiving and no matter what they do He will forgive them (which is true only if they turn from their ways)
why do you say you know they will perish? Thats why you should pray for them to be saved, cos is the devil that has blinded thier eyes that they do not believe our glorious gospel. To the christian that sins, in as we are not encouraged to remain sinning. God is faithful and just to forgive, when a christian sin.
Re: A Weeping Prophet by noetic16(m): 10:03pm On Mar 08, 2010
Jaylone:

I think the world need another Jeremiah, Elijah and David. But the one I think is needed most is Jeremiah. WHY? He was a weeping prophet, crying out for GOD for a nation that had gone to idolatry. His words "Thus saith the LORD, What iniquity have your fathers found in me, that they are gone far from me, and have walked after vanity, and are become vain?" With many such words he portrayed GOD crying for His lost children to come home.

DON'T the world need someone like this?

Please comment

1. Jeremiah as far as I am concerned is one of the greatest prophets that ever lived. he is uncelebrated today simply because he did no miracles. . . but jeremiah preached an unpopular message from God to a disobedient people.

Can u imagine a person who calls himself a prophet and asks that people surrender to an invading nation (nebudcadnezar) without resistance . . .claiming it is the will of the Lord. meanwhile hundreds of other prophets were prophesying that the army of israel would have victory. his message cost him a lot. . . , accrording to extra-biblical sources. . Jeremiah lost his place in the temple (as a high priest to the king), lost his place in his family (his father disowned him), lost his fiancée (she was killed by the kings soldiers), he was repeatedly imprisoned, beaten and almost lynched all because of his unpopular message.

2. The prophetic life of Jeremiah should teach anyone that the will of God is not a straight-forward "everything is rosy and nice party". Imagine Jeremiah preaching that soldiers surrender to a foreign idolator called nebudcadnezzar. he also preached to those already in bondage that their slavery in babylon is according to the will of God and that a new season will come.

3. we need prophets like Jeremiah in this blasphemous generation to preach the unpopular message of God and lead us all back to the cross.
Re: A Weeping Prophet by Jaylone(m): 9:24am On Mar 09, 2010
@ nuella2

If the Christian that sins dies in his sins or is in his sins when Jesus comes, he will PERISH.

@noetic16

Truly the unpopular gospel is hardly preached today. Can you imagine that time is grinding to a close and the signs of the end-time is glaring in our sights, yet the only gospel we hear people preach is that of a merciful GOD who is sooooooooooooooooo forgiving even when the ways of sinners and church goers are not right?

A merciful GOD should be preached with a condition that the sinner is repentant and not as if GOD is begging and can't do without a sinner of sinning church goer.

The problem is that I have this burden but honestly don't know where to start
Re: A Weeping Prophet by nuella2(f): 10:48am On Mar 09, 2010
Jaylone:

@ nuella2

If the Christian that sins dies in his sins or is in his sins when Jesus comes, he will PERISH.

@noetic16

Truly the unpopular gospel is hardly preached today. Can you imagine that time is grinding to a close and the signs of the end-time is glaring in our sights, yet the only gospel we hear people preach is that of a merciful GOD who is sooooooooooooooooo forgiving even when the ways of sinners and church goers are not right?

A merciful GOD should be preached with a condition that the sinner is repentant and not as if GOD is begging and can't do without a sinner of sinning church goer.

What are you saying? That God do not forgive the christian if he sin? What is sin to you sef? Do you know how many billion people do not even believe the gospel? Then the believing ones will perish, because God will not forgive them if they sin. Even after Jesus has paid the price. Forgiveness of sin is for the christian, remission is for the unsaved. So you dont sin abi, sin is not only fornication and adultery hope you know. It could be pride, greed, lying, lust, hadred infact faithlessness is sin.
Re: A Weeping Prophet by noetic16(m): 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
nuella2:

What are you saying? That God do not forgive the christian if he sin? What is sin to you sef? Do you know how many billion people do not even believe the gospel? Then the believing ones will perish, because God will not forgive them if they sin. Even after Jesus has paid the price. Forgiveness of sin is for the christian, remission is for the unsaved. So you dont sin abi, sin is not only fornication and adultery hope you know. It could be pride, greed, lying, lust, hadred infact faithlessness is sin.

this is RIDICULOUS

A christian is NOT a slave of sin. A christian died to sin at the moment he met Christ. (romans 6:2)(go read the entire romans 6).
believing in the gospel does not automatically make u the child of God. . . . , by believing in the gospel, u receive the power to become the son of God (john 1:!2) . . . . by constantly being led by the spirit u become the son of God. (romans 8:14)

The spirit does not lead anyone to sin. . .u sin simply because u choose to allow the will of the flesh to prevail. So regardless of wether u are a church goer or not. . . . .a sinner remains a sinner. . .every sinner unless repentant has a place in hell.

Dont go about deceiving urself. . . a continous daily surrender to the counsel of the spirit is the daily dosage every believer must take.
Re: A Weeping Prophet by noetic16(m): 12:43pm On Mar 09, 2010
Jaylone:

@ nuella2

@noetic16

1. The truth is that one of the fruits of salvation is humility, restitution and genuine repentance which is effectively absent in todays churches. how then do we affirm that those who claim to give their lives to Christ as seen in many crusades, actually do so?
The only evidence the church wants for ur "born-again" is to constantly come to church. . . . .and the only evidence needed to ascertain that u have received the holy Ghost is to speak in uninterpretable tongues. These are both false and misleading.
This explains why many claim to be xtians but live their lives full of sin. . .they are also constantly encouraged by the pulpit which continues to emphasize forgiveness, . . .lets not go into that. . . .cos cans of worms would be opened.

2. The only reason why lots of people are endlessly misled is due to the lack of the holy spirit in their lives. The spirit was sent to teach and reveal all things. . . . . .yet many self confessed xtains live in ignorance of the true gospel.

3. if u listen well to the counsel of the holy ghost. . . , he is telling when, where and how to start the preaching of the burden laid in ur heart. learn to train ur hears to hear God.
Re: A Weeping Prophet by nuella2(f): 3:06pm On Mar 09, 2010
@noetic16
What makes a person a sinner? Nature or action? A christian is to live right yes but if he commit sin what happens? When a christian commit sin is he called a sinner? Pls i need answers with scriptural references. I see you are very perfect.
Re: A Weeping Prophet by Jaylone(m): 5:20pm On Mar 09, 2010
God expects us to be perfect yes Matthew 5:48. And then if there is sin, GOD still forgives. But not that the believer remains in sin and then says GOD will forgive me. Romans 6:1

What I am saying is this if he dies in his sins he will perish because he did not believe in the POWER of Christ over sin Romans 6:14-18, John 8:11

Jesus has told us to "go and sin no more"

(1) (Reply)

Why do Yoruba Movies Portray WhiteGarment churches as spiritual problem solvers? / Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise / COZA Experiences Mass Reduction In Attendance Of Worshippers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.