Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? (1552 Views)

Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? / The Snake In My Neighbour's House!!! / Boy Goes Over To Neighbour's House To Pick His Female Friend For School Everyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by Seequadry(m): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
Please after eating at a neighbour's place,how long should i stay so it wouldn't look like my mission of visiting was to eat and go

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by RoyalBlak007: 6:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
♤ As soon as you're done

♤So it won't Evaporate from your belly before you get to ya house grin

1 Like

Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by 1Sharon(f): 6:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
Lool
Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by mrtomola(m): 6:36pm On Oct 05, 2017
i beg wait and watch TV small and dont stay too quite...

2 Likes

Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
mrtomola:
what if there's no light
Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by abelprice(m): 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2017
Depends on how you ate the food.... and the food you ate.... if it's rice and stew.. play with your neighbor children before leaving.. if it's eba jst watch tv before leaving... if it's fried rice or jolof rice and chicken do both... undecided.. and then say thank for d food before leaving... undecided

2 Likes

Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by HeyCorleone(m): 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2017
Must you eat at a neighbour's house?

1 Like

Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by mrtomola(m): 7:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
OliviaPope:
what if there's no light

lol.... oya start to dey play music for your phone
Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by leonard002(m): 7:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
5 to 10 mins. And engage in an active discussion so things don't look awkward

If you think about it, we've all faced this predicament

PS. remember not to finish all the food.remain small, make dem no label u hungry man
Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
There's no need to leave just sleep there and eat night food.

2 Likes

Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by Taiwo20(m): 7:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
airmirthd1:
There's no need to leave just sleep there and eat night food.

I will be visiting you soon
Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by Cuddlebugie(f): 7:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
It's not okay to take your leave soon after you've been treated to a meal, especially at a neighbours place. You gotta work for the 'free food' by playing with Junior, talk about Kachikwu's letter to Buhari with daddy and tell mummy about the new ride of the hottest babe in the estate........

SHIOR

2 Likes

Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by Oyindidi(f): 7:34pm On Oct 05, 2017
Thought I've seen it all grin

After eating or you want to sleep there?

1 Like

Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 05, 2017
Taiwo20:

I will be visiting you soon
No qualmzzz

1 Like

Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by SPDAZZY(f): 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
leonard002:
5 to 10 mins. And engage in an active discussion so things don't look awkward

If you think about it, we've all faced this predicament

PS. remember not to finish all the food.remain small, make dem no label u hungry man

I really don't like it when my visitor leaves some food untouched, I don't like to have leftover to be thrown away and I will feel the person didn't enjoy it.

I also try as much as possible not to leave leftovers if I am at friend's place, I rather ask for a reduced amount or I remain as little as possible.

Is that weird? cos I don't subscribe to remaining food that I know no one would love to eat.

3 Likes

Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by Seequadry(m): 11:23pm On Oct 05, 2017
mrtomola:
And if it's NTA I should just manage it like dat grin grin

1 Like

Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by Nobody: 2:35am On Oct 06, 2017
Depending on your chemistry with your neighbour you can leave immediately if you want. If you've been chill with your neighbour for a while and you both have become accustomed to each other; become almost family to each other, then you can stay as long as you want: long or short. I am sure they will understand.

However, if you're having these kind of thoughts and not wanting to look like a hungry person to your neighbour, it says that you're still putting up a front for them; your guard is still up. Then maybe don't eat at their house.

For what will the food benefit you if after eating you waste all the new energy and nutrition being sick with worry.

Don't eat akpiri ogonogo. Cook your own food.

Usa mmuo, learn to say no, thank you!

2 Likes

Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by Ishilove: 3:09am On Oct 06, 2017
Drop the spoon, get up, dust your buttocks and say "kachifo", or "odaro." Do this so that your neighbour will not get weary of yer presence grin
Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by leonard002(m): 7:36am On Oct 06, 2017
SPDAZZY:

I really don't like it when my visitor leaves some food untouched, I don't like to have leftover to be thrown away and I will feel the person didn't enjoy it.

I also try as much as possible not to leave leftovers if I am at friend's place, I rather ask for a reduced amount or I remain as little as possible.

Is that weird? cos I don't subscribe to remaining food that I know no one would love to eat.
I understand, but u can remain an insignificant amount sha. Not too big to be called waste, and not too small to be said you're a hungry fellow.
Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by ifyan(m): 7:50am On Oct 06, 2017
After eating, wait a bit and raise a sweet and useful conversation or topic especially what the head or the cook love. So that next time you will be invited. And do small shakara.

Una know na.
Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by SPDAZZY(f): 11:54am On Oct 06, 2017
leonard002:
I understand, but u can remain an insignificant amount sha. Not too big to be called waste, and not too small to be said you're a hungry fellow.

I get you, thank you.
Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by ElsonMorali: 3:51pm On Oct 06, 2017
The following day...after breakfast.
Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2017
SPDAZZY:

It's not weird _but it's advisable to give small quantities. I go to some houses/occasions and they heap the food for me, one would think I was just deported from a war-torn zone.

If it's swallow, I can hustle and finish it, but it's always rice! I have this mindset that when people pack food give you, e no sweet grin. I lose interest on sight, and I can't kill myself. I eat and remain.
Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by SPDAZZY(f): 6:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
PaperLace:

It's not weird _but it's advisable to give small quantities. I go to some houses/occasions and they heap the food for me, one would think I was just deported from a war-torn zone.

If it's swallow, I can hustle and finish it, but it's always rice! I have this mindset that when people pack food give you, e no sweet grin. I lose interest on sight, and I can't kill myself. I eat and remain.

Lol @warzone. Thanks, I would keep that in mind.
Re: When Is It Okay To Leave After Eating At A Neighbour's House? by light101: 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2017
Mehn this life sef. This op just dey make me laff ril hard. Ebi like say everything for this life get wahala.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ADHD Symptoms In Adult. How Does It Affect You? / Please Help This Loving Mother Inlaw From This Wicked Wife / How To Deal With A Cheating Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.