Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:50 PM

Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] (4659 Views)

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY / The Atheist's Prayer / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by Rilwayne001: 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2017
tintingz:
Atheist don't see their ideology as religion/religious.

And beside, the advantage I see in this atheist society is they will get to meet more of their kind in Nigeria.

So you aren't going? sad
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by chemystery: 7:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Atheism is a religion afterall undecided

I'm sure tintingz will attend the 'revival' or do we call it the crusade.. Hehe grin grin
It really cracks me up bro. Atheism is a type of religion after all. And they worship "no god" - which is also a type of god after all. Kikikikikikiki! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by Rilwayne001: 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2017
chemystery:

It really cracks me up bro. Atheism is a type of religion after all. And they worship "no god" - which is also a type of god after all. Kikikikikikiki! grin

Atheism is the religion of 'no god' grin grin cheesy
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by vaxx: 7:54pm On Oct 06, 2017
chemystery:
It will be good if the Christians and Muslims attend this. If they think they have superior argument for the existence of god, they could push it forward, then win more souls at the end.
smiley
let me be sincere with you...any average beliver can easily win a one and one debate with atheist...... I do not have a science background but I do realised that most atheist with a strong science background failed to apply science evidence in their discussion.....

An advice to atheist , do not go into public debate with babalawo..

1 Like

Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by chemystery: 7:56pm On Oct 06, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Nobody has time to be in the gathering of the irrational. These days of monkeypox I am sure nobody wants to be exposed to a new strain of irrationality.
I'm not talking about rationality or irrationality here. I am talking about winning souls.

Except you want your cruel god to send you to hell for ignoring this golden opportunity of winning souls for him. Or have you made up your minds to burn forever in hell?
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by butterflyl1on: 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
chemystery:
I'm not talking about rationality or irrationality here. I am talking about winning souls.

Except you want your cruel god to send you to hell for ignoring this golden opportunity of winning souls for him. Or have you made up your minds to burn forever in hell?

Win what souls? Win them to who? The one who does not exist? Sorry no need for that.

Romans 1: 28

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

and every type of evil to deceive those who are dying, those who refused to love the truth that would save them. For this reason, God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie. Then all who have not believed the truth but have taken pleasure in unrighteousness will be condemned.

1 Like

Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by vaxx: 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2017
chemystery:

as an atheist do you believe in soul. I have meet atheist who belive in supernatural... They only have problem with God because they can't see him
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by chemystery: 8:08pm On Oct 06, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Atheism is the religion of 'no god' grin grin cheesy
Exactly! Just like good health is a type of disease without cure grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by chemystery: 8:11pm On Oct 06, 2017
vaxx:
let me be sincere with you...any average beliver can easily win a one and one debate with atheist...... I do not have a science background but I do realised that most atheist with a strong science background failed to apply science evidence in their discussion.....

Hmmmmn! Yes, theists always win me in a one on one debate with insults and threats. They always win I won't doubt you.

What happens if an atheist debates publicly with babalawos?
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by butterflyl1on: 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2017
vaxx:

Very very true at the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by vaxx: 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2017
chemystery:

Hmmmmn! Yes, theists always win me in a one on one debate with insults and threats. They always win I won't doubt you.

What happens if an atheist debates publicly with babalawos?
It isn't about threat...it is about good reasoning and logic ....be sincere read butterflylion debate with johnydon on the design subject.....and tell me who have more brilliant evidence..

Babalawo may not have that spirit of Christian and Muslim...he may wish to practice something real...
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by chemystery: 8:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Win what souls? Win them to who? The one who does not exist? Sorry no need for that.

Romans 1: 28

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

What does the concept of soul winning mean to you as a christian? Converting someone from Church A to Church B?
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by chemystery: 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2017
vaxx:
It isn't about threat...it is about good reasoning and logic ....be sincere read butterflylion debate with johnydon on the design subject.....and tell me who have more brilliant evidence..

Babalawo may not have that spirit of Christan and Muslim...he may wish to practice something real...
You mean I should read butterflylions argument or troll? That guy does not argue with sincerity.
I pity for you if such person is your role model.

Lol, @babalawo doing something real. Like David Copperfield you mean? Or like Houdini?
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by chemystery: 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2017
vaxx:
as an atheist do you believe in soul. I have meet atheist who belive in supernatural... They only have problem with God because they can't see him
I believe only in our natural world
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by butterflyl1on: 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2017
chemystery:

What does the concept of soul winning mean to you as a christian? Converting someone from Church A to Church B?

Romans 1:28-30

And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done. They are filled with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice. They are rife with envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedient to parents, senseless, covenant-breakers, heartless, ruthless. Although they fully know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but also approve of those who practice them.

Read this scripture again and again. You have been told about God repeatedly yet rejected him in arrogance and self deceit. You have judged yourself already. The one who can permit your soul to be saved is you. I cannot help you against your will and since you act ignorant of the meaning of the word WINNING in SOUL WINNING then so be it.

1 Like

Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by vaxx: 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2017
chemystery:

You mean I should read butterflylions argument or troll? That guy does not argue with sincerity.
I pity for you if such person is your role model
check the argument.... I am a sincere person...I have not chosen anyone as a role model....just go tru it..and see for yourself.... You may also check my argument with agntofalah on evolution and see evidence yourself.
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by vaxx: 8:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
chemystery:

I pity for you if such person is your role model.

Lol, @babalawo doing something real. Like David Copperfield you mean? Or like Houdini?
you do not believe in Africa medicine right? I have given you evidence.... Do you even check on them.
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by vaxx: 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2017
chemystery:
I believe only in our natural world
good for you...
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by CatfishBilly: 11:26pm On Oct 06, 2017
vaxx:

Are you for real? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by petra1(m): 2:48am On Oct 07, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Atheism is an indoctrination! grin

A religion of indoctrination cheesy

Atheists are theists but rebelled
Atheism is a rebellion

Atheists are theists who deny God hoping it will absorb them of accountability in afterlife
Atheism is denial of God

2 Likes

Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by AtheistSociety: 8:37am On Oct 07, 2017
Don't believe in God? You are not alone.

Join us at the ASN National Convention coming up November 11th at the University Of Lagos.

Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by AtheistSociety: 8:42am On Oct 07, 2017
Call for Student Delegates Sponsorship Application

The Atheist Society of Nigeria (ASN) in collaboration with the International Humanist and Ethical Union (IHEU), is calling for applications from students planning to attend the National Convention coming up next month from their various institution if learning.

The society will be sponsoring two (2) students each from ten (10) higher institutions who meets our criteria for selection.

Sponsorship details include transportation to and from Lagos and modest accommodation for two (2) days in Lagos.

Interested students should send their applications containing:

1. Their full name
2. Name of institution
3. Valid means of student identification
4. Contact details including phone number, physical address and email address
5. A short write-up on why they should be considered for sponsorship to the convention.

All applications should be sent to info@atheist.org.ng on a one page PDF format attachment. Alternatively, you can also apply at the ASN Website HERE. Application closes on 14th of October, 2017.

Students who apply are expected to establish local chapters of the ASN in their various higher institutions after the conference in line with the objectives of the organisation.

#ASNConvention2017

Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by vaxx: 8:44am On Oct 07, 2017
AtheistSociety:
Don't believe in God? You are not alone.

Join us at the ASN National Convention coming up November 11th at the University Of Lagos.

will there be video conference,I wish to attend but am not gonna be around..... If so a link will be generous
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by AtheistSociety: 8:45am On Oct 07, 2017
vaxx:
will there be video conference,I wish to attend but am not gonna be around..... If so a link will be generous

Connect to our facebook page. Thanks
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by AtheistSociety: 8:48am On Oct 07, 2017
We provide a sense of community to all nonreligious and non-theistic #Nigerians and work with state and non-state institutions to promote and protect the rights and interests of #atheists, freethinkers and nonbelievers in the country.

come learn more about us at our November convention at the Conference Center, Unilag Guest House, University Of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by vaxx: 8:48am On Oct 07, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Are you for real? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
yes bro...many online video are available to confirm.... I recently watch one between a Muslim and atheist... It was held in Canada or so.... You should have it....I don't mind sending you the link....
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by vaxx: 8:49am On Oct 07, 2017
AtheistSociety:

Connect to our facebook page. Thanks
you are welcome
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by AtheistSociety: 7:40am On Oct 09, 2017
AtheistSociety:
Call for Student Delegates Sponsorship Application

The Atheist Society of Nigeria (ASN) in collaboration with the International Humanist and Ethical Union (IHEU), is calling for applications from students planning to attend the National Convention coming up next month from their various institution if learning.

The society will be sponsoring two (2) students each from ten (10) higher institutions who meets our criteria for selection.

Sponsorship details include transportation to and from Lagos and modest accommodation for two (2) days in Lagos.

Interested students should send their applications containing:

1. Their full name
2. Name of institution
3. Valid means of student identification
4. Contact details including phone number, physical address and email address
5. A short write-up on why they should be considered for sponsorship to the convention.

All applications should be sent to info@atheist.org.ng on a one page PDF format attachment. Alternatively, you can also apply at the ASN Website HERE. Application closes on 14th of October, 2017.

Students who apply are expected to establish local chapters of the ASN in their various higher institutions after the conference in line with the objectives of the organisation.

#ASNConvention2017

Application is still open. Thanks
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by AtheistSociety: 7:51am On Oct 09, 2017

Few weeks to our first National Convention tagged Road to Reason. It will feature interactive sessions, talks on diverse topics related to atheism, science and religion in Nigeria. Don't be left out.

#ASNConvention2017
Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by AtheistSociety: 3:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
ATHEIST SOCIETY OF NIGERIA NATIONAL CONVENTION.

The Atheist Society of Nigeria (ASN) is pleased to announce her first ever national convention slated to hold on the 11th of November, 2017 with the Theme: Road to Reason.

It promises to feature guest speakers from Nigeria, other countries in Africa and Europe, including Leo Igwe, an internationally recognised advocate for humanism in Nigeria and Bill Flavell, the new Vice-President of Atheist Alliance International (AAI).

It also promises to feature interactive sessions, talks on diverse topics related to atheism, science and religion in Nigeria. Also included in the program of events is a short video on evolution, a question and answer session immediately after and a space for “Ask an atheist.”

For details of registration and venue, please go to our website here

Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by AtheistSociety: 10:27am On Oct 11, 2017
Quote Of The Day

Re: Official Announcement Board For The Atheist Society Of Nigeria [ASN] by AtheistSociety: 8:27am On Oct 14, 2017
IHEU awards seven grants to “Humanist Regional Hubs”

[img]https://2.bp..com/-gUGWXRsmbSo/Wd8c2Y59PNI/AAAAAAAAAJA/JkiqChdlMJQNMZ9VCx_VreTGNhuKYM9sACLcBGAs/s640/Cluster-approach-illustration-768x432.jpg[/img]

As part of its Growth and Development Plan, the International Humanist and Ethical Union (IHEU) has awarded a total of £6000 to support projects and events promoting humanism and the work of humanist organizations.

7 grants was awarded, in the current round and plan to re-open the same process next January, focusing this time on Africa as IHEU’s new priority region for 2018.

Among the beneficiaries of the award is the Atheist Society of Nigeria.

The grant worth £900, will be used to help twenty university students from different areas of Nigeria to attend ASN National Convention “Road to Reason". The deadline for students to apply for the travel grants is 14 October – all information can be found on ASN website.

The Convention will take place on 11 November at the University of Lagos and the IHEU will be present virtually with a video-message from its Growth and Development Officer, Giovanni Gaetani.

Calistus Igwilo, President of ASN, said:

“This grant will cover the travel costs and 2 nights hotel accommodation for 20 students from 10 different Nigerian Institutions.
“During the Convention there will be a session with the student delegates where we will train them on setting up ASN branches in their various institutions, and equip them with skills to manage and sustain branches. “We are very grateful to IHEU for awarding us this grant. This grant is a cornerstone to our vision of creating a vibrant youth population in Nigeria that will champion critical thinking and rational reasoning in national discourses.”

Commenting on the award of the Regional Hub Grants, IHEU Growth and Development Officer, Giovanni Gaetani, said:

“We were really pleased by both the number and the quality of the project proposals received by many different organizations from all over the world.
“This process confirmed to us that the Humanist movement keeps on growing fast at all levels and in every region of the world.
“We are planning to open the same tendering process early next year, focusing this time on Africa as IHEU’s new priority region for 2018.”

Other beneficiries includes the; Latin American Humanist Congress in Guatemala, Freethinkers Association of Arequipa and the Russian cluster of the Brights movement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Catholism- Focus On Mortification And Penance / The Earth Will Cease To Exist In The Year 3797 And The Universe End In 5079 / Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.