Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right (11572 Views)

Wike Shuts Down Caverton Helicopters For Violation Of Movement Restrictions / LASG Set To Auction Vehicles Impounded For Violation Of Traffic Law / Elections: Atiku Slams N2bn Suit Against Buhari, Demands Apology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by Factfinder1(m): 9:14pm On Oct 05, 2017
Patience Jonathan, the wife of former President Goodluck Jonathan, has filed a N2 billion rights enforcement suit against the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

In the law suit filed at the Federal High Court in Abuja, the former first lady is praying for an order for general damages and compensation in the sum of N2 billion against the EFCC for the violation of her fundamental rights.

Patience Jonathan alleged in the suit that the EFCC has incessantly harassed her through negative media publications, denigrating and degrading her person as corrupt, without any invitation, trial or conviction by a court. She wants the court to declare that the said harassment is a violation of her rights under section 37 of the 1999 Constitution.

She is also seeking a declaration that the “indiscriminate” freezing of her bank accounts and those of her relatives by the EFCC under the guise of investigation of proceeds of crime, without any invitation or interrogation by the respondent is a violation of her rights to own property and to fair hearing guaranteed under sections 44 and 36(1) of the 1999 Constitution.

She further asked for “an order of court restraining the EFCC or any person acting on its behalf from further violating” her fundamental rights. The case has been assigned to Justice John Tsoho and will come up on November 16, 2017 for hearing.

http://ogashub.com.ng/patience-jonathan-files-n2bn-suit-efcc-violation-fundamental-rights/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by madridguy(m): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
angry

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by LUGBE: 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2017
Really good

17 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by josephine123: 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2017
Na wa o
Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by Hashimyussufamao(m): 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
This woman can not write composition about herself, yet her account is smiling. And some mumus go dey spot errors on nairaland without 2k in their acct., u better grow up and plan ya life.
#awon wole shoyinka

40 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by fulaniHERDSman(m): 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2017
cheesy grin cheesy grin
Useless Jubrinhari from useless sudan uselessing Nigeria

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by neonly: 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2017
grin grin grin grin ;Dgood

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by Deivid10(m): 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
[/b]TO COMMENT FOR THIS COUNTRY MATTER SELF DON TIRE ME[b]

Abeg..... Who anti-corrption don epp for this administration?
Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by Wisedove(m): 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
Money fall on me.....(money fall )
, Dollar fall on me.... (dollar fall)
Pounds fall fall on me (pounds fall)

Because........

I don't know what to say again self the person above me have said it all

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by cristianisraeli: 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
Patience Jonathan alleged in the suit that the EFCC has incessantly harassed her through negative media publications, denigrating and degrading her person as corrupt, without any invitation, trial or conviction by a court. She wants the court to declare that the said harassment is a violation of her rights under section 37 of the 1999 Constitution.

yes !

we support you mama peace

i said it if you have anything on her

charge her to court

i believe in due process

instead of the media trial

you will win this mama peace

you destroyed amechi and made him irrelevant in politics

magu is too small for you

zombies feel free to attack me and let me walking dead you

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
Olé! Who been dey deceive this yeye woman?

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by Bolustical: 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
This is one of the reasons Diezani wants to be tried in Nigeria by force, so that she can exploit the loopholes in the Nigerian judicial system like Mama Piss is doing.

This country sha, a looter has gut to sue for human rights infringement. God why?

17 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by twilliamx(m): 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
Her right to loot...Nigeria!!!!!! I tire for u.

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by Bolustical: 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
Yes

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by guy1234: 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
This woman can not write composition about herself, yet her account is smiling. And some mumus go dey spot errors on nairaland without 2k in their acct., u better grow up and plan ya life.
#awon wole shoyinka grin

See the way you dey reason.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by martinz1: 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
This is naija
Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by BrutalJab: 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
Incompetent EFCC...Sue their asss!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by Flashh: 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
I see corruption on her face.

9 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
In love with this her picture

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by Odianose13(m): 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
Lol. This woman still dey do court case?
Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by rbernaldo2: 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
cheesy
Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
#awon wole shoyinka grin

Do you know in conclusion you didn't make any point ..... Must you comment without thinking Smh for your generations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by Sixaxis: 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
Naija for life... grin
Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by Nofuckgiven: 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
Sue off their stupid asses. Media trial EFCC!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by omobs(m): 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
This woman is very intelligent

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by cristianisraeli: 10:04pm On Oct 05, 2017
Nazeren:
Olé! Who been dey deceive this yeye woman?

shut up can you even read??

ok read again below

Patience Jonathan alleged in the suit that the[b] EFCC has incessantly harassed her through negative media publications, denigrating and degrading her person as corrupt, without any invitation, trial or conviction by a court.[/b] She wants the court to declare that the said harassment is a violation of her rights under section 37 of the 1999 Constitution.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by Odianose13(m): 10:04pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
#awon wole shoyinka grin

Be like her then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by oshe11: 10:05pm On Oct 05, 2017
hmmmm
Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by Promismike(m): 10:05pm On Oct 05, 2017
Ok
Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by magoo10(m): 10:05pm On Oct 05, 2017
After many months Robot Magu have not been able to make a case against patience Jonathan other than illegal freezing of her accounts and infringement of her rights,this is pure molestation coming from frustrated persons .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right by Hashimyussufamao(m): 10:06pm On Oct 05, 2017
guy1234:

See the way you dey reason.
*u sound naive, hw do i reason? #c d fact is am busy i manage 2reply ur quote am sorry if i ignore ur subsequent quotes. The fact remains go get raba b4 spoting people's error #poor_oversabi_people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Charles Okah Arraigned At Federal High Court, Abuja (photos) / Another Akwa Ibom Lawmaker Dumps PDP For APC, Assures Ekere Of Victory / Atiku arrives Bauchi State for PDP Presidential mega Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.