Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures (103505 Views)

See What Happened When I Moved To My New Environment (pics) / Update On The Woman Deported From Germany At Midnight With Her 3 Kids (Pix) / My Experience When I Moved To Sweden! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by OBALORLA(m): 8:06am On Oct 06, 2017
Were we crazy to have decided to Shoot Lagos at night? It wasn't my fault actually. Please allow me explain.

9:30pm 29th September 2017
I thought I had finally deciphered a new way of escaping Dami's 'wahala' when he barged into the partially lit sitting room without knocking. The buttons of his pink shirt weren't properly connected but he cared less as he spoke loudly (in his usual style) over the phone to someone I don't think I know. He had just returned from Gerald Road, Ikoyi, where he Joseph (our mutual friend) had invited him to the launch of Impact Hub.

I became angrier when he moved close to where I was lying, kicked me and jokingly said "omo better yeh ma sun..." I knew the implication of such song (especially when it comes from him) so I had no choice than to honour his invitation since he needed to just talk.

After all his reporting (which centered on how fantastic the people on the Island enjoy life), he concluded by clarifying that 'lekki people are learning work where Ikoyi peeps are".

The Next Day
So the team agreed we'd go to see things for ourselves the next day and this prompted me to write this tweet few minutes before the journey started.

I hailed another taxify with my phone when we got declined by the previous driver who probably couldn't take the risk.
Tolu sounded excited while I gave him a brief of our plan. He arrived few minutes earlier than the app had predicted, I smiled as I took that for a good omen. He dug straight into our drill as he suggested we start from Banana Island so that we'd ply the Lekki bridge and then head towards 'Eko' bridge on our way back. We all decided to go neutral by freeing our minds of all prior experiences we might have had on the Island so we can enjoy every scene as they appear.

Then the journey began

Dami joined Tolu at the front while I stayed back with Kunle (Marshal).

Falomo under bridge

Falomo under bridge where we took our first shoot. We passed the Lagos motor boat club where Tolu hinted us that one of the major criteria of being a member is to own a yatch (which I somewhat found hard believing).

The first cool experience with the Nigerian Police

At this Juncture, I'd like to appreciate the Nigerian Police even though many of their officers aren't doing it the way it should be done. The policemen who accosted us yesterday were calm and going by the way they spoke, i could easily tell they are learned. they stopped us after noticing our car's rear number plate was missing, did some searching and after carefully explaining what happened to the missing plate, they advised we drive carefully while we enjoy the night.

We saw girls too
...loads of them were on display. Marshal's mouth was slightly opened (probably in lust lol) while Dami decided to play a bit as he told Tolu to park beside the duo who were obviously waiting for a call.

The sex workers on the Island seems to have a solid relationship with the Police

Dami: hello, what's up? what's your name?

1st girl: Sandra

Dami: Beautiful. What's the price?

She: 20k for full-time.

Dami: How about short?

She: 10k

Dami: How about 5k?

Both girls: mtcheewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

We all had a lengthy laugh as Tolu twisted the ignition and zoomed towards banana Island.

Banana Island
On getting to main gate of banana island, the stern-looking security officers asked if we lived here and we nodded in affirmation (a plot we've mastered many seconds before getting to the gate). They lowered their guard while Tolu added pressure to the gas. The team broke no sweat.

Romur has It that this belongs to the wealthiest woman in Africa. In 2014 (According to Wikipedia), she unseated Oprah Winfrey as the richest woman of African descent in the world

Front view: Lagos Intercontinental hotel

We stopped by Golden gate, Alfred Rewane road to take few road pictures then headed straight to the Lekki link bridge as earlier planned.

Alfred Rewane road

Alfred Rewane road

The Bae Challenge
What If a car... don't let me think about it. The risk was worth taking. *grins

After bae challenge on the link bridge we headed into lekki, paid toll of #250

The babes at admiralty were madder than we've ever seen them... We spent up to 30 minutes roaming aimlessly there and wondering why everything including the roads, whores and even the police on this part of the Island seems better than what we are used to on the mainland. Everything we saw was motivation.

I said to no one as the street lights flashed on my face while I smiled.

On our way back, we took few pictures on the Eko bridge before plunging back into the uninspiring atmosphere of the mainland.

A view from Eko Bridge

To think that we had mad fun without eating nor drinking anything further validated the below:

I strongly suggest you try this out with your team or wait till I'd be doing my next tour.

Here are few but strong tips on wandering Lagos at night

-Free your mind: this will enable you absorb at a maximal level.
-Take a private car (uber or taxify will be better): This will enable you do all you like while at it. there were many times when we'd stop abruptly to take pictures or ease ourselves. It is also safer.
-Don't go alone: going with a partner is good but it's better with partners. i.e 3 or more.
-Hold cash instead of relying on ATM: this is in case you'd like to buy something or maybe settle the cab driver. in our own case, we had visited 4 different machines and still couldn't get money to balance the driver. We ended up doing a cash transfer.
-Be responsible: this means, dress well, talk politely to the police if you encounter one, you can drink, but don't misplace your home training.

Source: http://www.nomadicnegro.com/lagos-at-night/

431 Likes 41 Shares

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by BlackDBagba: 8:13am On Oct 06, 2017
Keep it up! Highly impressed.

61 Likes

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by pyyxxaro: 8:22am On Oct 06, 2017
Interesting

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by inspiratio: 8:35am On Oct 06, 2017
Gr8 adventure!

27 Likes

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by Patented: 8:40am On Oct 06, 2017
NIce

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by ikbnice(m): 8:41am On Oct 06, 2017
Nice one

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 06, 2017
Nigeria is great!

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by fatymore(f): 2:13pm On Oct 06, 2017
You get liver sha

33 Likes

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2017
But where is lalasticlala sef

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by magnificientzaz(f): 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
Nice photos, your captions were interesting too

42 Likes

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by OBALORLA(m): 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef

Lalasticlala, you are needed here sir.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by sirwilson(m): 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
Nice photos

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2017
nice initiative

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by Sleyanya1(m): 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2017
grin

Midnight Tour... Making sense photos especially with the little write up. Op you'd make a good travel blogger.

Finally I thank God say una no jam any Karashika or men of the underworld.
grin

116 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by Flashh: 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2017
You took your time to do this great job.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by josephine123: 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2017
Nice

2 Likes

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by soberdrunk(m): 10:52pm On Oct 06, 2017
"10k" for 'shortime'?? How??!! angry

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by BreezyCB(m): 10:52pm On Oct 06, 2017
Beautiful

Small London

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by onstelly(f): 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2017
Beautiful

5 Likes

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by lollmaolol(m): 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2017
Are you okay?

4 Likes

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by seangy4konji: 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2017
good 1

Eko o ni Baje...

Aro mi sale gbe legbe.

Ilu Ogban.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by Benokpara: 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2017
Lagos has indeed moved ahead of Nigeria. Nice adventure and story telling. Cheers

25 Likes

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by hahnsmall: 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2017
Op, good job

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by burg: 10:55pm On Oct 06, 2017
U son smoke abi

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by Nathdoug(m): 10:55pm On Oct 06, 2017
so what?

1 Like

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by NotNairalandi(m): 10:55pm On Oct 06, 2017
Really?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by macaranta(m): 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
Op are you Evans? Just kidding nice pix tho

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by iamchybs(m): 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
This should have been video documented ... nice one tho

8 Likes

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by tomieyRozay: 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
Why didn't you go to Ikorodu to snap Badoo.

48 Likes

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by cbngov01(m): 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
Cool would love this but I no dey ever sabi road..Nice one brov

8 Likes

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by neutrotoba(m): 10:58pm On Oct 06, 2017
I love this thread

7 Likes

Re: I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures by ncine: 10:58pm On Oct 06, 2017
Cool adventure. BUt the (phone) cameras didnt do it justice

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Trip To Kenya In Pictures / How A Nigerian Lady Landed In Europe Because Of 80 Naira Sachet Milk / Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.