Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,850 members, 7,798,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today! Friday, 06/10/2017 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today! Friday, 06/10/2017 (318 Views)

Deeper Life 160,000 Capacity Intl Centre; The Church Gives Updates - Pics / COVID-19: Daystar Christian Centre Won’t Reopen – Sam Adeyemi / Daystar Christian Centre Donates N10million To UNHCR Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today! Friday, 06/10/2017 by niceluvsus(m): 9:01am On Oct 06, 2017
LIFEWAY CHRISTIAN CENTRE:
#DAILY #DEVOTIONAL
THE WORD FOR TODAY!
FRIDAY, 06/10/2017

TOPIC: GIVING GOD YOUR BEST!

#TEXT:
2 Samuel 24:24 (KJV) And the king said unto Araunah, Nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth COST ME nothing. So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.

John 12:3 (BBE) Then Mary, taking a pound of perfumed oil of great GREAT VALUE, put it on the feet of Jesus and made them dry with her hair: and the house became full of the smell of the perfume.

#MESSAGE:
# God does not just request the best, He deserves the best.
Whatever you want to give to/do for God this year, let it be the best and not inferior or remnants as it were.
Remember Cain and Abel? though both of them gave to God, Abel's own was accepted while Cain own was rejected. Why? Abel selected the fattest of the sheep, giving his best to God but Cain felt there was no need of selecting the best since they are still going to burn them in sacrifice. Genesis 4:3-8 (BBE)

# Giving God your best is not limited to your offerings as some people believe, but it also include your time, energy and talents.
# Our mother in faith, Rev. Mrs. Eghosa Eghianruwa Goody-Ogwama, once shared a testimony with us of how (when she was in school) she would go to fellowship exhausted having spent better part of her energy in school activities. She said one day God spoke to her to begin to reserve her energy for Him, such that would make her active and useful whenever she attends fellowship. God told her He needed the "best" of her energy and she quickly adjusted.

# Beloved friends, Just like Abel, David, Mary, and Rev. Eghosa, you need to begin to give God your best!
# God doesn't take or accept anything less than the best. Hear what God says in Malachi 1:7-8, 13-14 (KJV)
7 Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the LORD is contemptible.
8 And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the LORD of hosts.
13 Ye said also, Behold, what a weariness is it! and ye have snuffed at it, saith the LORD of hosts; and ye brought that which was torn, and the lame, and the sick; thus ye brought an offering: should I accept this of your hand? saith the LORD.
14 But cursed be the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth, and sacrificeth unto the Lord a corrupt thing: for I am a great King, saith the LORD of hosts, and my name is dreadful among the heathen.

# I discovered this long time ago, that's why no one can stop me from striving to give my God my best at all times.
#NOTE; In every area of your service and obligation to God , STRIVE to give HIM your BEST!
# UNTIL YOU GIVE HIM YOUR BEST, YOU DON'T DESERVE HIS BEST.

#PRAYER
Father, give me grace to engage the best of my time, energy and finance for the kingdom advancement always in Jesus mighty name. Amen!
Re: Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today! Friday, 06/10/2017 by bloodofthelamb(m): 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
niceluvsus:
LIFEWAY CHRISTIAN CENTRE:
#DAILY #DEVOTIONAL
THE WORD FOR TODAY!
FRIDAY, 06/10/2017

TOPIC: GIVING GOD YOUR BEST!

#TEXT:
2 Samuel 24:24 (KJV) And the king said unto Araunah, Nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth COST ME nothing. So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.

John 12:3 (BBE) Then Mary, taking a pound of perfumed oil of great GREAT VALUE, put it on the feet of Jesus and made them dry with her hair: and the house became full of the smell of the perfume.

#MESSAGE:
# God does not just request the best, He deserves the best.
Whatever you want to give to/do for God this year, let it be the best and not inferior or remnants as it were.
Remember Cain and Abel? though both of them gave to God, Abel's own was accepted while Cain own was rejected. Why? Abel selected the fattest of the sheep, giving his best to God but Cain felt there was no need of selecting the best since they are still going to burn them in sacrifice. Genesis 4:3-8 (BBE)

# Giving God your best is not limited to your offerings as some people believe, but it also include your time, energy and talents.
# Our mother in faith, Rev. Mrs. Eghosa Eghianruwa Goody-Ogwama, once shared a testimony with us of how (when she was in school) she would go to fellowship exhausted having spent better part of her energy in school activities. She said one day God spoke to her to begin to reserve her energy for Him, such that would make her active and useful whenever she attends fellowship. God told her He needed the "best" of her energy and she quickly adjusted.

# Beloved friends, Just like Abel, David, Mary, and Rev. Eghosa, you need to begin to give God your best!
# God doesn't take or accept anything less than the best. Hear what God says in Malachi 1:7-8, 13-14 (KJV)
7 Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the LORD is contemptible.
8 And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the LORD of hosts.
13 Ye said also, Behold, what a weariness is it! and ye have snuffed at it, saith the LORD of hosts; and ye brought that which was torn, and the lame, and the sick; thus ye brought an offering: should I accept this of your hand? saith the LORD.
14 But cursed be the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth, and sacrificeth unto the Lord a corrupt thing: for I am a great King, saith the LORD of hosts, and my name is dreadful among the heathen.

# I discovered this long time ago, that's why no one can stop me from striving to give my God my best at all times.
#NOTE; In every area of your service and obligation to God , STRIVE to give HIM your BEST!
# UNTIL YOU GIVE HIM YOUR BEST, YOU DON'T DESERVE HIS BEST.

#PRAYER
Father, give me grace to engage the best of my time, energy and finance for the kingdom advancement always in Jesus mighty name. Amen!
. Bro, God has giving us His best without our miserable best. while we are unprofitable, he died an inhumane death for our wholeness. Shalom!

(1) (Reply)

Is Salvation By Works? No, "Only Believe" / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / Wickedness After 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.