Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success (30717 Views)

4 Kinds Of Behavioural Attitude Exhibits Of Smart People / How To Deal With Friends That Don’t Want To Pay For Your Services / 8 Kinds Of People Every Talented Person Need In Order To Succeed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Tobycharles: 4:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
Ermacc:
motivational speakers always making it look like there's a practical approachto everything with an accuracy of 100%. while I'll agree with your points, You can't tell which of these friends will be a catalyst to the success you seek. Knowing their limits and the kind of people they are, it's better to apply wisdom is our individual relationship with them rather then totally discarding them totally. Life has unexpected twist and turns.
The last sentence is da bomb
LIFE HAS UNEXPECTED TWIST AND TURNS
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Fynchi: 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2017
ikes9:
The best thing is to have no friends at all,nowadays most 'friends' don't care bout yhu they only think about bringing yhu down
thank you so much. unfriendly friends.
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 06, 2017
ikes9:
The best thing is to have no friends at all,nowadays most 'friends' don't care bout yhu they only think about bringing yhu down
TRUE TALK BRO
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by grodt999: 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2017
backward sayings like these still exist in that yeye country...

no one can hinder your success except you!
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Josh44s(m): 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2017
JohnspeakU:
4 Kinds of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success

By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach)

If success is what you seek in life; business, career, Job, Marriage, relationship etcetera, then you must learn to avoid these four kinds of friends. Friends are supposed to help us grow, discover those unique abilities and strength we never knew we had. But if you always find yourself slowing down in the pursuit of your vision, dreams or ideas, you need to check the friends you keep. It's easier to always blame our strategies and enemies for our failures but oftentimes, our principles may be right but our so called friends may be the ones working against our success directly or indirectly.
This week, I will be sharing with you just four kinds of friends out of many that are hindering your success.

- The Parasitic

Parasitic friends are those who are always taking from you and not giving back in return. The most annoying part of this kind of friends is that they will spend your money or use your stuff and keep theirs. This kind of friends always pretend not to have meanwhile, they may even have more than you. One easy way to know this kind is that when you refuse or doesn't have to give them, they automatically turn you to a bad person. Parasitic friends will never let you go until they have sucked you dry. In the pursuit of your vision, dreams or ideas, you will have to let go of them otherwise, they may end up taking the little resources that you should have used to take your vision, ideas, talents and dreams forward.

- The Pharisees and The Saducees

The P&S friends are those friends who always feel that they know more than you. They will always point out a reason or two why you may not succeed sometimes with proofs and their personal experiences to back it. These friends are too far to see and too sad to see. I used to have friends like this who always told me to abandon my vision and ideas and follow the herd. They always told me that dreams don't come through in this part of the world. They don't care about your vision, and can't fathom why a little boy or girl like you could have such a great vision.

- The Mockers and Complainers

Being mocked can have psychological effects on people especially if they are your friends. It's easier to turn deaf to the mockeries of people who are outside your friendship zone. Complaining weakens great talents. When you hangout with Complainers, in a short time, you may find yourself complaining too instead of strategizing on how to move forward. Please understand that we need critics in order to be able to perfect our products and services, but when those critics are our friends and are doing it out of hatred then, there is a problem.

- The Unsupportive

Unsupportive friends are those who never complain or mock you but will never support your dreams and vision. In the pursuit of our dreams, we need all the supports that we can get. Unsupportive friends will leave you to struggle alone without a little support and are always the first to complain that you've abandoned them when you start reaping the fruits of your labours.
Whether we want to or not, we all need friends. Friends who are not parasitic, Pharisees and Saducees, Unsupportive, Mockers and Complainers, but friends who will stand by us through the thick and thin until we start reaping the fruits of our labours.

Succeed You Must!

©Johnspeak Uwangue
Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach

Have you asked yourself if you are any of those to your friends? Stop posting thrash and get a job please.
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by GlobalGisting(m): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
The only book on motivation I read is anything from John C Maxwell aside him others write their own experiences. I personally think there should be no manual on how to live your life apart from those I find in the Bible.
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by mecussey(m): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
ikes9:

men I don discharge all friends already...what i have now are drinking partners.
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2017
The hypocrites and gossipers, not forgetting the snitch. I dislike them.
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2017
Well,I dont have friends
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Mukah1234(m): 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
So bad, I have these guys around me. But that isn't a problem I can always do away with them. The problem now is that my roommate and closest padi has these attributes, how do I deal with him now?
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by basseyubong(m): 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
What about pastor in the day, thug in the nite
daewoorazer:

How about The pretenders: they are the worst

They drink blood but spit very white saliva

Respect!
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 06, 2017
The problem I see here is that people use friendship and acquaintance interchangeably. undecided
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by ikes9(m): 6:46pm On Oct 06, 2017
mecussey:

men I don discharge all friends already...what i have now are drinking partners.

lol I refer to them as buddies or 'someone I know' ...no time for friends bruhh
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by MaconAwire(m): 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2017
HELLO O.P
wha bout we wey no get friend??

1 Like

Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by shgenius123: 9:26pm On Oct 06, 2017
L3G3ND:
and sadly I have all of them around me sad sad sad
you need a change sister
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 06, 2017
shgenius123:

you need a change sister

yea I know
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by February30(m): 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2017
AtheistSociety:
ATHEIST SOCIETY OF NIGERIA NATIONAL CONVENTION.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-bYqCGe1i8kI/WcoP6UgYjaI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/Uuo69Hg9bzYDAUukpN63N_8a324xxtlgQCLcBGAs/s320/Convention%2BNov%2B2017.png[/img]

The Atheist Society of Nigeria (ASN) is pleased to announce her first ever national convention slated to hold on the 11th of November, 2017 with the Theme: Road to Reason.

It promises to feature guest speakers from Nigeria, other countries in Africa and Europe, including Leo Igwe, an internationally recognised advocate for humanism in Nigeria and Bill Flavell, the new Vice-President of Atheist Alliance International (AAI).

It also promises to feature interactive sessions, talks on diverse topics related to atheism, science and religion in Nigeria. Also included in the program of events is a short video on evolution, a question and answer session immediately after and a space for “Ask an atheist.”

For details of registration and venue, please go to our website here

soon this will become a religion.

watch out!!
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Uhomanbulus110(f): 10:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
Anyfriend that will not stand for me in bad time or goodtime is never a friend
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Gettreadyy(m): 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2017
L3G3ND:
and sadly I have all of them around me sad sad sad
My dear, you know what to do... ���
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by onimama4real(m): 2:47pm On Oct 07, 2017
we can't do without having a friend, bt firstly know d kind of frnd u hav, frend can kill at d same time dey can help, only friend advice make me a gradute 2day
Re: 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2017
Gettreadyy:
My dear, you know what to do... ���
Yea just did the necessary gotta make room for a better me

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Does One Become An Investment Banker ? / A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. / What Are The Career Opportunities For A Nutrition And Dietetics Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.