Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business (22626 Views)

Pelumi Nubi On A Solo Trip From London To Lagos By Car (Video) / The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor / Trader Crushed To Death In Lagos By 16-year-old Trying To Move His Mum's Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by adeyanwale5(m): 3:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
how to get to togo from lagos by road for business

what are the things i need to know?

pls reply agently

1 Like

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by bigtt76(f): 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2017
Try the following transport companies

1. ABC Transport
2. Chisco
3. Young Shall Grow
4. GUO Transports
5. Cross Country Nigeria
6. EFEX

You need a valid passport to enjoy cheaper fares on these buses. You can use ID Card (National ID, National Voters Card ....anything issued by the Nigerian government to identify you). Of course you need Yellow (Vacination) card.

I hope this helps.

adeyanwale5:
how to get to togo from lagos by road for business

what are the things i need to know?

pls reply agently

6 Likes

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by adeyanwale5(m): 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2017
bigtt76:
Try the following transport companies

1. ABC Transport
2. Chisco
3. Young Shall Grow
4. GUO Transports
5. Cross Country Nigeria
6. EFEX

You need a valid passport to enjoy cheaper fares on these buses. You can use ID Card (National ID, National Voters Card ....anything issued by the Nigerian government to identify you). Of course you need Yellow (Vacination) card.

I hope this helps..

i dont have international passport, can i use my national identification card?
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by bigtt76(f): 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2017
Yes you can ...I mentioned it in my response earlier

adeyanwale5:

i dont have international passport, can i use my national identification card?
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by adeyanwale5(m): 11:29pm On Oct 06, 2017
bigtt76:
Yes you can ...I mentioned it in my response earlier

thanks for the info.....

pls i want to go into ok shoes business, can u enlighten me, if u have experience
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by bigtt76(f): 12:25am On Oct 07, 2017
Looks like you're eyeing the second hand shoes business? Well I don't know much but you may need to pay high to customs through the bus you are going to use. Better start small to test the waters undecided

adeyanwale5:

thanks for the info.....

pls i want to go into ok shoes business, can u enlighten me, if u have experience

1 Like

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by adeyanwale5(m): 3:18am On Oct 07, 2017
bigtt76:
Looks like you're eyeing the second hand shoes business? Well I don't know much but you may need to pay high to customs through the bus you are going to use. Better start small to test the waters undecided

pls advice me on what to do?
like how much do u think i can use as my start up capital?
Or will u suggest cotonou?
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by bigtt76(f): 12:08pm On Oct 07, 2017
No idea man. I've only stumbled on traders along that route during my frequent trips. I'm not into business but work related travels.I think Lome is good for shoes but Coutonu is good too. Try and sample both sides to know which works best for you. As per the payments to customs, you just have to discuss that with the driver you will be traveling with on any of those transporters .....they alone can guide you best

adeyanwale5:

pls advice me on what to do?
like how much do u think i can use as my start up capital?
Or will u suggest cotonou?

1 Like

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by adeyanwale5(m): 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2017
bigtt76:
No idea man. I've only stumbled on traders along that route during my frequent trips. I'm not into business but work related travels.I think Lome is good for shoes but Coutonu is good too. Try and sample both sides to know which works best for you. As per the payments to customs, you just have to discuss that with the driver you will be traveling with on any of those transporters .....they alone can guide you best

thanks sir

*Pls What Is The Current Exchange Rate?

*do U Hav Anyone Who Is Doing Business In Cotonou Route? If Yes, Pls Connect Me.
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by bigtt76(f): 1:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
No idea boss. I'm sure when you embark on the trip, you will meet with fellow business men who will guide you. All the best.

adeyanwale5:

thanks sir

*Pls What Is The Current Exchange Rate?

*do U Hav Anyone Who Is Doing Business In Cotonou Route? If Yes, Pls Connect Me.
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by gentlebullet(m): 10:46pm On Oct 08, 2017
well, stuffs are cheaper in Lome than Cotonou. if you are a young man with confirm naija hustling spirit (not ajebo-butter wey get sponsored by some polithiefian), abeg forget ABC transport, Chisco, Young shall grow, Efex, GUO, Cross country, etc ( you go just pay for AC, rice, water) cos their fare from Lagos to Lome is between 12k - 16k( depending on the type of ID you present)
my guy just find your way to either mile 2 or iyana iba, board a bus going to seme and alight at the last stop close to the border. look out for okada riders with green tops(Hausa guys are your best bet) and ask the rider to show you his cards(small plastic cards cut to sizes wit no, that's their pass at the numerous road blocks).negotiate the fare(#500 - #700)
just make sure you secure your money well. well you get to the Benin side of the border, go change your money close to the bank of Africa (lots of money changers are there with their table, the women will be your best bet) rate as at 9th sept when I was heading to Abidjan was #631 = CFA1000.
after forex, enter the garage beside where you did forex and ask for car going to Lome-Aflao(infact, once you alight from the bike there are lots of drivers who will bombard you with their routes.so getting the car isn't a prob) the fare is CFA 7000(collect ticket once you pay) the car takes one in the front and three at the back.
let me remind you that you will cross the border at Hilla-kodji. you will alight from the car once you get to the border and you will cross the border on foot with other travelers. just follow your travelling partners to the check post and hand the immigration CFA 500 on the Benin side, then you walk to the Togo side.
first, you pass through the port health just give them CFA 300 and proceed to immigration and also give CFA 500 and you are done. nobody will harass you just be wary of those guys selling all manner of items make them no do you strong thing. after walking through the border post, there is a garage few metres ahead of you that is where the car will be waiting, so just go there and locate the car and board to continue your trip. once you get into Lome, you will know first you see the port, ecobank head office, etc. just tell the driver to drop you at the lome market . from there you take bike inside and ask for the part that sells the wares you want to buy.

coming back with your goods is when you need the transport coys. just locate any of their office in Lome, negotiate the price for cargo of goods only to Lagos, sort that and take a bike to Lagos garage. its the same fare back to seme CFA 7000 and the sa
me procedure at the border. you get home and go for your goods at the office of any coy that help you cargo.
am not a trader on this route but I ply this route at least twice in a month and If am not driving, this the way I go and I have met alot of traders I sometimes travel with the ones that are now friends with me whenever my trip conceded with theirs ( when am driving) good luck.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by adeyanwale5(m): 10:08am On Oct 09, 2017
gentlebullet:
well, stuffs are cheaper in Lome than Cotonou. if you are a young man with confirm naija hustling spirit (not ajebo-butter wey get sponsored by some polithiefian), abeg forget ABC transport, Chisco, Young shall grow, Efex, GUO, Cross country, etc ( you go just pay for AC, rice, water) cos their fare from Lagos to Lome is between 12k - 16k( depending on the type of ID you present)
my guy just find your way to either mile 2 or iyana iba, board a bus going to seme and alight at the last stop close to the border. look out for okada riders with green tops(Hausa guys are your best bet) and ask the rider to show you his cards(small plastic cards cut to sizes wit no, that's their pass at the numerous road blocks).negotiate the fare(#500 - #700)
just make sure you secure your money well. well you get to the Benin side of the border, go change your money close to the bank of Africa (lots of money changers are there with their table, the women will be your best bet) rate as at 9th sept when I was heading to Abidjan was #631 = CFA1000.
after forex, enter the garage beside where you did forex and ask for car going to Lome-Aflao(infact, once you alight from the bike there are lots of drivers who will bombard you with their routes.so getting the car isn't a prob) the fare is CFA 7000(collect ticket once you pay) the car takes one in the front and three at the back.
let me remind you that you will cross the border at Hilla-kodji. you will alight from the car once you get to the border and you will cross the border on foot with other travelers. just follow your travelling partners to the check post and hand the immigration CFA 500 on the Benin side, then you walk to the Togo side.
first, you pass through the port health just give them CFA 300 and proceed to immigration and also give CFA 500 and you are done. nobody will harass you just be wary of those guys selling all manner of items make them no do you strong thing. after walking through the border post, there is a garage few metres ahead of you that is where the car will be waiting, so just go there and locate the car and board to continue your trip. once you get into Lome, you will know first you see the port, ecobank head office, etc. just tell the driver to drop you at the lome market . from there you take bike inside and ask for the part that sells the wares you want to buy.

coming back with your goods is when you need the transport coys. just locate any of their office in Lome, negotiate the price for cargo of goods only to Lagos, sort that and take a bike to Lagos garage. its the same fare back to seme CFA 7000 and the sa
me procedure at the border. you get home and go for your goods at the office of any coy that help you cargo.
am not a trader on this route but I ply this route at least twice in a month and If am not driving, this the way I go and I have met alot of traders I sometimes travel with the ones that are now friends with me whenever my trip conceded with theirs ( when am driving) good luck.

thanks boss
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 09, 2017
gentlebullet:

Nice analysis!
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by def111(m): 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2018
gentlebullet:

Thank you for this sweet information.... Please I want to travel to Togo by road. I have yellow card and passport already.... With what you have say, will my passport be stamp at the border in and out of the country, that is what I want to do.... I will be looking for your reply
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by gentlebullet(m): 11:02pm On Oct 02, 2018
def111:

Thank you for this sweet information.... Please I want to travel to Togo by road. I have yellow card and passport already.... With what you have say, will my passport be stamp at the border in and out of the country, that is what I want to do.... I will be looking for your reply

If you want your passport to be stamped, then i would advice you patronise any of the transport coy that ply the ECOWAS route( ABC, Efex, Chisco, Young shall Grow, GUO, Cross Country, etc) cos stamping of passport especially at the Nigeria-Benin Rep border is war..(cos of the porous nature of the border both at Seme and Idiroko, you wouldn't know which of the immigration check point has the stamp to endorse your passport so you keep paying bribes till you get to the other side and if care is not taken, you might end up not getting your passport stamped even after all the bribes) Hilla-Codji(Benin-Togo border) is till very organised, you will see the immigration post and your passport will be stamped at both side of the border after negotiating btw 500cfa - 1000cfa(depending on your negotiating prowess.
If stamping of the passport is not compulsory for you, pls keep your passport in the house and hit the road with any National ID you got and follow the routine in the write up you quoted.... Bon Voyage cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by def111(m): 10:22am On Oct 03, 2018
gentlebullet:

If you want your passport to be stamped, then i would advice you patronise any of the transport coy that ply the ECOWAS route( ABC, Efex, Chisco, Young shall Grow, GUO, Cross Country, etc) cos stamping of passport especially at the Nigeria-Benin Rep border is war..(cos of the porous nature of the border both at Seme and Idiroko, you wouldn't know which of the immigration check point has the stamp to endorse your passport so you keep paying bribes till you get to the other side and if care is not taken, you might end up not getting your passport stamped even after all the bribes) Hilla-Codji(Benin-Togo border) is till very organised, you will see the immigration post and your passport will be stamped at both side of the border after negotiating btw 500cfa - 1000cfa(depending on your negotiating prowess.
If stamping of the passport is not compulsory for you, pls keep your passport in the house and hit the road with any National ID you got and follow the routine in the write up you quoted.... Bon Voyage cheesy

Thanks very much, the reason am going is just to stamp the passport........ If I take any of those coy bus going to Togo, and it get stamp, when coming back do I need to take them again...
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by gentlebullet(m): 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2018
def111:

Thanks very much, the reason am going is just to stamp the passport........ If I take any of those coy bus going to Togo, and it get stamp, when coming back do I need to take them again...

Sorry this response is coming late. i have been off radar working in a remote village btw Sierra Lone-Guinea border since on wednesday just got back to Freetown last nite. i will advice you make your return trip with the transport coy for comfort and easy border formalities since you are carrying a virgin Passport. the fact is that, once any Nigerian youth travels along the ECOWAS route on a virgin passport, its assumed that the traveler's intention is to disvirgin the passport to facilitate easy visa procurement to migrate out of Africa so the immigration officers are always ready to either frustrate or milk the passport holder. i hope this changes someday

2 Likes

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by tonee1: 10:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
gentlebullet:

thanks for this wonderful analysis.. am planning on doing business of used clothes(okirika) Cotonou or Togo, which of this country is good for purchase of bales and how easy it is bringing it down cos I heard used clothes are ban here in Nigeria. don't know how true that is though. Will appreciate ur urgent response sir
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by gentlebullet(m): 11:35am On Oct 08, 2018
[quote author=tonee1 post=71879539]

thanks for this wonderful analysis.. am planning on doing business of used clothes(okirika) Cotonou or Togo, which of this country is good for purchase of bales and how easy it is bringing it down cos I heard used clothes are ban here in Nigeria. don't know how true that is though. Will appreciate ur urgent response sir[

well, i don't really know much about the Okirika business but from the word of mouth from people i have met on the route, i was told that its cheaper in Togo and the business is mainly controlled by the Igbo traders in the Lome market(things are actually cheaper in Togo than Benin Rep).
As for logistics, you can always make use of the Transport coys(they have a way of making sure goods get into Naija without issues). cos i usually send bags of perfume long grain rice to Naija through Efex transport from Accra.
You can also ask the sellers to hook you up with reliable couriers. All the best

1 Like

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by tonee1: 1:24pm On Oct 08, 2018
[quote author=gentlebullet post=71891762][/quote]

Thanks once again for ur prompt response.. U know all this okirika traders are a lil bit secretive.. but I will look for one and also make enquiries from this coy if they help out. You have Ben helpful bro
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by gentlebullet(m): 1:50pm On Oct 08, 2018
tonee1:

Thanks once again for ur prompt response.. U know all this okirika traders are a lil bit secretive.. but I will look for one and also make enquiries from this coy if they help out. You have Ben helpful bro
You are most welcome bro. the sellers i meant in the 1st reply are the ones in Lome market not those retailing in Naija. the sellers in Lome wants their wares to be bought so they can make money so they are always helpful so far you are not buying on credit(that is what a lady who used to buy ladies shoes from Lome to sell in Lagos told me when we chatted few mins ago. tho she has since relocated to Belgium) and she recommended ABC and Chisco as your best bet for sending your goods to Lagos.
Try visit their terminus in Amuwo Odofin and Maza maza respectively to make more enquiries.
Hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by tonee1: 7:33pm On Oct 08, 2018
gentlebullet:

You are most welcome bro. the sellers i meant in the 1st reply was the ones in Lome market not those retailing in Naija. the sellers in Lome wants their wares to be bought so they can make money so they are always helpful so far you are not buying on credit(that is what a lady who used to buy ladies shoes from Lome to sell in Lagos told me when we chatted few mins ago. tho she has since relocated to Belgium) and she recommended ABC and Chisco as your best bet for sending your goods to Lagos.
Try visit their terminus in Amuwo Odofin and Maza maza respectively to make more enquiries.
Hope this helps

God go bless u right, back and centre.. you have been more than helpful.. thanks man
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by tonee1: 7:48pm On Oct 08, 2018
how I wish u could help me ask the lady how much she buys pair of shoes or maybe bale of shoes.. just wanted a pointer sort of cos I know peeps I can supply this things to but the issue is they won't tell u the real truth on how much they really buy from lagos
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by gentlebullet(m): 7:49pm On Oct 08, 2018
tonee1:

God go bless u right, back and centre.. you have been more than helpful.. thanks man

Amen!!! You are most welcome bro.... i wish you success and God's favour.

1 Like

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by def111(m): 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2018
gentlebullet:

Sorry this response is coming late. i have been off radar working in a remote village btw Sierra Lone-Guinea border since on wednesday just got back to Freetown last nite. i will advice you make your return trip with the transport coy for comfort and easy border formalities since you are carrying a virgin Passport. the fact is that, once any Nigerian youth travels along the ECOWAS route on a virgin passport, its assumed that the traveler's intention is to disvirgin the passport to facilitate easy visa procurement to migrate out of Africa so the immigration officers are always ready to either frustrate or milk the passport holder. i hope this changes someday

Thank for your reply...I really gain a lot.
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by gentlebullet(m): 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2018
def111:

Thank for your reply...I really gain a lot.

You are most welcome Bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by Fumbaby: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2018
gentlebullet:

well articulated. Thanks bro
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by Okwori12(m): 8:04am On Oct 17, 2018
Can you get me a contact of shoe sellers and Okirika sellers in Lome, or contonu? Thanks
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by blackboifab: 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2020
gentlebullet:

big thanks for these info...I am going to Ghana and how can you give me the info from lome to accra...thanks
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by gentlebullet(m): 2:03am On Jan 25, 2020
blackboifab:
big thanks for these info...I am going to Ghana and how can you give me the info from lome to accra...thanks
Lome is less than 5 minutes drive to Aflao (border between Togo and Ghana) when you get to the border, you will cross on foot to the Ghana side passing through immigration and customs post on both sides. Then you take a long walk to the STC inter-city bus park, buy a ticket to Accra for Ghc28, wait for the bus that will convey you to Accra, board when bus is available and then the almost 5hours drive to Accra begins.
The bus will stop at the first custom check point at Dabala junction (they check for goods and weapons) all passengers will disembark for the check of luggages. Then the next and last stop is immigration and customs check point at Sogakope( they check for goods, weapons and passport and ID card of passengers).
When you get to Accra, the driver will inform passengers to indicate where they intend to alight, if you are going to the bus park, then you will alight at Tudu. I think you will need to find your way to your final destination in Accra from there. CHEERS

1 Like

Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 25, 2020
[quote author=gentlebullet post=86085414]
Lome is less than 5 minutes drive to Aflao (border between Togo and Ghana) when you get to the border, you will cross on foot to the Ghana side passing through immigration and customs post on both sides. Then you take a long walk to the STC inter-city bus park, buy a ticket to Accra for Ghc28, wait for the bus that will convey you to Accra, board when bus is available and then the almost 5hours drive to Accra begins.
The bus will stop at the first custom check p

can the person get his passport stamp again from togo to ghana
Re: How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business by gentlebullet(m): 3:45pm On Jan 25, 2020
[quote author=cefezyA post=86091753][/quote]
I don't understand your question. But if you meant "will the person get to stamp passport?"
Yes, so far your passport was stamped at Hilla Codji when you were entering into Togo, you must stamp as you exit Togo at Aflao and then stamp in as you enter Ghana.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Survives Accident Which Killed 7 Passengers Including Bus Driver. Photos / Fallen Bridge At Ureje Poly Road In Ado-Ekiti. PHOTOS / No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.