Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) (30494 Views)

Three INEC Staff In Prison For Collecting N179.8m Bribe From Diezani (PHOTOS) / We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu / EFCC Is Recovering Stolen Money From Diezani Every Day - Itse Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by kirajustice: 4:42pm On Oct 06, 2017
Mr Christian Nwosu, a former official of the Independent national electoral commission(INEC) shocked a Lagos federal high court on Friday when he revealed that officials of the Economic and financial crimes commission, EFCC, forced him to admit receiving N30 million from embattled former petroleum minister, Diezani Allison Madueke.

PoliticsNGR learned that Mr Nwosu, a former admin secretary of the electoral commission also claimed the EFCC coerced him into forfeiting N5 million cash and his property worth N30 million.

He told the Justice Mohammed Idris that an EFCC official named Zakari Usman threatened to detain him if he didn't write a testimony he(Usman) would like to hear.

Quoting him;

"On the 28 of December, I was invited to EFCC, interviewed by one Mr Moses and I made statements. He was about to let me go but he said his boss will want to see me. When Mr Zakari came and read my statement, he said no, I have not written what he wants to hear and that he has signed my detention order form and was going to detain me and that even if I bring 10 lawyers, they won’t help me except I write what he dictates to me, he was going to keep me.

He told me that Adedoyin had admitted collecting N28million and was released; that being a senior officer, there was no way I wouldn’t not have benefitted by collecting up to N30million (sic). He said unless I stated that I benefitted N30million, he would dump me in the cell. I quickly told him I benefitted. He dictated to me that I should write it; I did.

I knelt before Rotimi and he said: ‘Baba get up; I’ll only advice you to cooperate with us. He said he would not want me to go through the stress of litigation. He asked if I had landed property and cars. He said I should write out the property worth N30million that I had. He said he would ensure that I was convicted and jailed at all cost if I didn’t cooperate."

http://politicsngr.com/2017/10/06/efcc-forced-admit-taking-n30-million-diezani-inec-official/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by coolcharm(m): 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2017
grin

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by Bolusticus: 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2017
kirajustice:
He said unless I stated that I benefitted N30million, he would dump me in the cell. I quickly told him I benefitted. He dictated to me that I should write it; I did
Story for the gods

See how daft people could be, you were told to admit guilt to a crime you claimed you didn't commit and you did!

Who on earth does that? Even the guilty ones will not admit that they did wrong!

Baba, tell us another thing! No one put gun on your head to admit you took the money, you only wanted the shortest escape route and it boomeranged.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by jonyima: 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2017
this is a govt that lack integrity and all out to harm people.

Can you imagine the level of desperation?. I hope Buhari will sack the EFCC officials that did this.

160 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by greatiyk4u(m): 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
If you can be force against your wish at your age,then you lack integrity to tell us this story now

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by dealslip(f): 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
This is really getting serious. I am close to tears. This nation has finally gone to the dogs. While I wont dispute that Dieziani was corrupt but I am beginning to doubt the whole allegation stories and propaganda against everyone that has been accused of corruption. Buhari and his anti graft team are a curse to the nation. I am very glad I never voted or supported this evil man or voted for him. Buhari himself has badluck written all over him. The entire nation is groaning under his cursed hands. BTW I am not IPOB no one should come for me. Just stating the obvious

230 Likes 20 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by adem30: 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2017
jonyima:

Can you imagine the level of desperation?. I hope Buhari will sack the EFCC officials that did this.

You are not sensible for you believing that rubbish

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by dealslip(f): 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2017
greatiyk4u:
If you can be force against your wish at your age,then you lack integrity to tell us this story now

Most people do at gun point or under duress. It could have been you,

172 Likes 10 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by Bolusticus: 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2017
jonyima:

Na wa o,

And this person will be bragging about being a grad.

See whack reasoning.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by Homeboiy: 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2017
No doubt ,they can do it

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by dealslip(f): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2017
Bolusticus:

Story for the gods

See how daft people could be, you were told to admit guilt to a crime you claimed you didn't commit and you did!

Who on earth does that? Even the guilty ones will not admit that they did wrong!

Baba, tell us another thing! No one put gun on your head to admit you took the money, you only wanted the shortest escape route and it boomeranged.

but his freedom was at stake, even legal luminaries like some judges accused of corruption admitted to crimes they claim they didnt commit because it was at gun point. The law recognises such scenarios like self defence and decisions made under duress. There is a place for such circumstances in law

169 Likes 15 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by ahaika23: 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
EFCC cannot do such. Nwosu is not a patroit at alllllll!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by Bolusticus: 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
dealslip:

but his freedom was at stake, even legal luminaries like some the judges accused of corruption admitted to crimes they claim they didnt commit because it was at gun point. The law recognises such scenarios like self defence and decisions made under duress. There is a place for such circumstances in law

Oga, read to understand and not to reply

kirajustice:
He told me that Adedoyin had admitted collecting N28million and was released; that being a senior officer, there was no way I wouldn’t not have benefitted by collecting up to N30million (sic). He said unless I stated that I benefitted N30million, he would dump me in the cell. I quickly told him I benefitted. He dictated to me that I should write it; I did.

I knelt before Rotimi and he said: ‘Baba get up; I’ll only advice you to cooperate with us. He said he would not want me to go through the stress of litigation. He asked if I had landed property and cars. He said I should write out the property worth N30million that I had. He said he would ensure that I was convicted and jailed at all cost if I didn’t cooperate."

Mr Nwosu did not say he made the decision with gun at his head neither after being tortured. Shun unnecessary sentiments because Nwosu is Igbo.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by greatiyk4u(m): 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
dealslip:

Most people do at gun point or under duress. It could have been you,

Integrity means doing the. Right thing t. All time whether or not nobody is. Watching u

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by dealslip(f): 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
Bolusticus:

Mr Nwosu did not say he made the decision with gun at his head neither after being tortured. Shun unnecessary sentiments because Nwosu is Igbo.
Ogbeni, you are the one who needs to comprehend. Usman Zakari of the EFCC said he was going to be detained and even 10 lawyers cannot save him. He had signed his detention papers. We all live in Nigeria were the innocent are punished and the guilty go scot free many times. He was under duress, his personal freedom was at stake. Nobody said there was a gun to his head. All this clever by half, oversabi analyst sha!
NB: I am a full blooded Yoruba lady. I don't have time for sentiments just been objective

171 Likes 15 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by dealslip(f): 6:04pm On Oct 06, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Integrity means doing the. Right thing t. All time whether or not nobody is. Watching u

Haven't you seen when people who are tortured admit to things they didnt do. Most of you who run under the bed when fire crackers explode will be claiming super man.

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by richeso: 6:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
i believe this man.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by clevvermind(m): 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
dealslip:

Haven't you seen when people who are tortured admit to things they didnt do. Most of you who run under the bed when fire crackers explode will be claiming super man.
SEE FINISHING. GOOD.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by freeze001(f): 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2017
Bolusticus:

Threats qualify as duress especially by one in a clear position to carry out such threats. They didn't need to point guns at him; for such an elderly man, the fear of being away from his family and being locked up is more than enough to make him admit to what he didn't do.

Did u not read of a recent case where a magistrate discharged 5 innocent people whom the police had swapped actual murderers for to stand trial for murder? What do you think their 'confessional statements' would have read like?

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by nairavsdollars(f): 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2017
This man na mumu of the highest order.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by jbreezy: 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2017
Nawa oh...i tink sey na only for american movies diz kine tin dey happen...so e dey happen for real life too...God is great

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by lilprinze: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2017
This government is the most useless and clueless government in the history of Nigeria

36 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by DWJOBScom(m): 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2017
lol...

That's why they will Judge the accused on nairaland , tv stations and other forums with known participants like the menkas and sarrkis to flex over and end up losing it in front of a competent judge!.

while their own thieves gets to be invited to the villa To tell his side of the story or the VP told to look over the file and do nothing about it later.

2019 is almost here

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by GrandMufti: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2017
Smh. And that was how they wanted to have secret trial for Dasuki, so that they can coarse the witness into making spurious allegations.

22 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by asha9: 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2017
This is the worst administration in the history of Nigeria. They have nothing to offer except propaganda and more propaganda.

Bubu should be impeached now because 2019 will too far to vote out this corrupt bigoted illiterate.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by fxjunkie(m): 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2017

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by seangy4konji: 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2017
Ok now.

30 milli.
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by IMASTEX: 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2017
You hear one thing thinking that is it. The next one comes even worse. Would this country ever get things right. Hmm. . .

12 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by austonclint(m): 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hmmmm... Nigeria with drama every day

You wont believe what Biafrans did today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QNRfLyEk1g

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by Saintsbrown(m): 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
Every thing about this Buhari and APC led government is fake.
I now believe APC is a punishment from God.
Imagine EFCC involved in fraud.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
He mighta been coerced or threatened. Just the same way Tu Face chickened outta the protest after he was threatened.

Evil government sad

36 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) by talk2percy(m): 7:28pm On Oct 06, 2017
Evil government, I am thinking buhari been dey nyash this woman and she turned him down, perhaps that's why they want to nail her by all means.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Some Places With Stable Electricity In Nigeria - AfricaFactsZone / Boko Haram Kills Army Lieutenant, Six Others On Borno-Yobe Road / General Buhari Pays Visit To Shehu Shagari: Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.