Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? (28813 Views)

Has Lionel Messi Surpassed The Status Of Pele, Maradona Or Zidane? / Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? / Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by chamotex(m): 8:55pm On Mar 08, 2010
How can a football fan say Zidane is Over-rated?

This thread should be in th recycle bin
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by dayokanu(m): 8:56pm On Mar 08, 2010
@dayokanu,

i can agree with that. Zidane was more direct and purposeful. but I still give it to Ronaldinho.

I think he belongs up there with Maradona.

Zidane is more direct and purposeful and won more laurels than Dinho then what do you give to Ronaldinho? Snakebite? or Ponytail.

Ronaldinhos exuberant show of skill is just like saying Robinho is better than Figo or Denilson is better than Totti
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by doyin13(m): 8:59pm On Mar 08, 2010
chic2pimp:

^^^^^^

'Who Is The More Talented Player' is different from 'Who Had The Better Career'.

Better career ?? Shay na civil service we dey evaluate.   grin grin
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by chamotex(m): 8:59pm On Mar 08, 2010
I'm disappointed in some so called football fan on this section
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by chic2pimp(m): 9:00pm On Mar 08, 2010
dayokanu:

What do you mean by a better performance. The game defining moment was provided by Zidane when Ballack was running all over.  Great players dont run around, they provide the touch of class needed at the crucial time
Having watched the game over again, I can without hesistation say Ballack played better. I hardly remember Zidane's game being called in the first 44 minutes of the first half.

Granted Zizou provided the one moment of Genius but Ballack was more involved.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by chic2pimp(m): 9:05pm On Mar 08, 2010
doyin13:

Better career ?? Shay na civil service we dey evaluate. grin grin

Service ke, nah Footy ooo grin grin

In all honesty, Ronaldo & Zidane are the stand out attacking players of the last 30 years.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by dayokanu(m): 9:14pm On Mar 08, 2010
I'm disappointed in some so called football fan on this section

Thats what you get from EPL supporters.

And they would tell you Beckham is a good footballer. If Zidane is overrated then Beckahm is not a footballer
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by jalether(m): 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2010
dayokanu:

Zidane is more direct and purposeful and won more laurels than Dinho then what do you give to Ronaldinho? Snakebite? or Ponytail.

Ronaldinhos exuberant show of skill is just like saying Robinho is better than Figo or Denilson is better than Totti

What distinguishes Ronnaldinho from other talented wastes like Robinho, Okocha, DEnilson, Queresma is "productivity"

Ronnie had the skill of Okocha+ Denilson, the football sense and creativity of Zidane and impressive goal scoring ability

1 Like

Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by jalether(m): 9:37pm On Mar 08, 2010
dayokanu:

You are chatting gibberish. Ronnie was just as direct and purposeful as Zidane just with more flair and charisma.

There is nothing wrong in doing a blind pass when a simple pass would ve sufficed as long as the pass reaches the intended target (pass completion)

Players have different style of playing, just because Zidane style is different from Ronnie doesn't prove anything. the key word here

is end product . You can apply different techniques and strategy to arrive at one single destination.

1 Like

Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by dayokanu(m): 9:40pm On Mar 08, 2010
No wonder all his flicks cant cut it for national team.

Let me spell it out. Ronaldinho is a Failure for the Selecao!!!!

You heard his statue was burnt down after series of horrible performances
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Sauron1: 11:19pm On Mar 08, 2010
jalether:

You are chatting gibberish. Ronnie was just as direct and purposeful as Zidane just with more flair and charisma.

There is nothing wrong in doing a blind pass when a simple pass would ve sufficed as long as the pass reaches the intended target (pass completion)

Players have different style of playing, just because Zidane style is different from Ronnie doesn't prove anything. the key word here

is end product . You can apply different techniques and strategy to arrive at one single destination.

Ronaldinho is more talented than Zidane. . . . .Only a complete ninny would disagree with that.
That said, Zidane is more effective and more a serious player than Ronaldinho.
If we are talking about raw talent. . . . .Dinho is one of the most talented footballers this world has produced but Zidane is more effective.

This is a debate of Talent vs Effectiveness. . . . . . .Okocha vs Lampard, Ronaldinho vs Zidane, Nani vs Valencia.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by ritchboy(m): 12:36am On Mar 09, 2010
Ronaldinho in his prime shytes on Zidane with consummate ease. What stood out in Zidane's game? His technique, his passing/creativity/vision, his dribbling/ball control. Newsflash: Ronnie can do all that equally well, perhaps even better, and more, SO MUCH MORE!
He is 10 times quicker, he hits a much better free kick/penalty, he is a much better finisher than Zidane. physically, his stamina, balance, agility et al murder Zidane's.

As a matter of fact, in terms of ability/raw talent, Dinho is the most gifted player in the history of football BAR NONE. No other player, not even the Maradonas/Peles could do so many things so well.

Passing - Pin Point
Dribbling - Magnificent
Technique - Flawless
First Touch/Ball Control - Peach
Finishing - Excellent
Free Kicks/Dead Balls - Awesome
Crossing - Inch Perfect
etc etc etc

ability aside, Dinho still trounces Zidane in every other department.

Efficiency - Ronaldinho takes it(as is evident by his far superior stats). Zidane(like many other playmakers in modern football) was a bit of a "luxury player", just a lil bit!
Consistency - in his prime(04-06), Dinho put in majestic performances week in week out over 3 seasons, Zidane never achieved that level of consistency, NEVER!
Versatility - Dinho can play wide forward, second striker, attacking midfield brilliantly( though he's also played on the right and at center forward), Zidane can only play AM.
Entertainment Value - well its the reason we all watch footie, innit? And is there a more exciting player to watch than Dinho? His tricks and flicks are a joy to behold. Damn, i've seen this negro flick the ball over a defender, then turn round and pass it with his back. I mean, who the fukk passes the ball with his spine? IT CAN ONLY BE RONALDINHO!

Now tell me, if Dinho is this superior in terms of ability/talent, efficiency, consistency, statistics, versatility, and flair, what the hell is the basis for comparison?

Hype aside, ZIDANE SHOULD BE LACING RONALDINHOS BOOTS!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by A40(m): 12:40am On Mar 09, 2010
Good grief Zidane over-rated?? I laugh in Ajigijaga. . . Mr Big game Performer, Mr Clutch, Mr who i'd want on my team when the game is on the line? Jeez just look at how he destroyed England in Euro 04 with such calm non-chalantness i wont even bother listing other exhibits its not his fault that he saves his best for big games. Ronaldinho is good but even at his peak he was never the main man for Brazil. He ruled Europe for 3 seasons or thereabout and made it count but thats about it! I am not oblivious of his skill but Zidane to Ronaldinho is like a Professor to a Doctor. Zidane is an O.G mehn
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Sauron1: 12:42am On Mar 09, 2010
ritchboy:

As a matter of fact, in terms of ability/raw talent, Dinho is the most gifted player in the history of football BAR NONE. No other player, not even the Maradonas/Peles could do so many things so well.

Don't stretch it. . . . . .Maradona is god.
He is better than Zidane and Ronaldinho cloned together.
The things Diego Maradona did in the mid 80s to the early 90s are immeasurable.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by ritchboy(m): 12:59am On Mar 09, 2010
Sauron
there is nothing to stretch. . . Ronaldinho has greater talent than Diego. If we make a list of all the relevant abilites/technical attributes in football and score each player on a scale of 1-10, not only will Ronaldinho's overall score eclipse anybody elses, he will also have more perfect scores.
If football has a god, his name is Ronaldinho.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by mamagee3(f): 1:02am On Mar 09, 2010
They are both Over-rated, I'm so sick of hearing their names and people praising them
like they are the only talents in football, I mean the new talents are being Overlooked
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Sauron1: 1:10am On Mar 09, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron
there is nothing to stretch. . . Ronaldinho has greater talent than Diego. If we make a list of all the relevant abilites/technical attributes in football and score each player on a scale of 1-10, not only will Ronaldinho's overall score eclipse anybody elses, he will also have more perfect scores.
If football has a god, his name is Ronaldinho.

Maradona is better than Ronaldinho in everything.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Mobinga: 1:19am On Mar 09, 2010
mama-gee:

They are both Over-rated, I'm so sick of hearing their names and people praising them
like they are the only talents in football, I mean the new talents are being Overlooked
again sharap
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by follypimpi(m): 1:21am On Mar 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

Maradona is better than Ronaldinho in everything.

On what grounds ?? HAND OF GOD ?
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by jalether(m): 1:23am On Mar 09, 2010
ritchboy:

Ronaldinho in his prime shytes on Zidane with consummate ease. What stood out in Zidane's game? His technique, his passing/creativity/vision, his dribbling/ball control. Newsflash: Ronnie can do all that equally well, perhaps even better, and more, SO MUCH MORE!
He is 10 times quicker, he hits a much better free kick/penalty, he is a much better finisher than Zidane. physically, his stamina, balance, agility et al murder Zidane's.

Passing - Pin Point
Dribbling - Magnificent
Technique - Flawless
First Touch/Ball Control - Peach
Finishing - Excellent
Free Kicks/Dead Balls - Awesome
Crossing - Inch Perfect
etc etc etc

ability aside, Dinho still trounces Zidane in every other department.

Efficiency - Ronaldinho takes it(as is evident by his far superior stats). Zidane(like many other playmakers in modern football) was a bit of a "luxury player", just a lil bit!
Consistency - in his prime(04-06), Dinho put in majestic performances week in week out over 3 seasons, Zidane never achieved that level of consistency, NEVER!
Versatility - Dinho can play wide forward, second striker, attacking midfield brilliantly( though he's also played on the right and at center forward), Zidane can only play AM.
Entertainment Value - well its the reason we all watch footie, innit? And is there a more exciting player to watch than Dinho? His tricks and flicks are a joy to behold. Damn, i've seen this negro flick the ball over a defender, then turn round and pass it with his back. I mean, who the fukk passes the ball with his spine? IT CAN ONLY BE RONALDINHO!

Now tell me, if Dinho is this superior in terms of ability/talent, efficiency, consistency, statistics, versatility, and flair, what the hell is the basis for comparison?

Hype aside, ZIDANE SHOULD BE LACING RONALDINHOS BOOTS!!!

Now you are taking it too far, let's clam it down a notch smiley
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Sauron1: 1:25am On Mar 09, 2010
follypimpi:

On what grounds ?? HAND OF GOD ?

Pure footballing skills.
Maradona has got it all. . . . . .Passing, dribbling, goal sense, freekicks, trickery and even cheating!!!
Go to YOUTUBE and see Maradona's videos.

He is the best player ever in the history of association football.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by ritchboy(m): 1:26am On Mar 09, 2010
Sauron
such as? Maradona's only skill/technical attribute that is superior to Ronaldinho is his shooting. I'd say they are on par at dribbling/ball control. Ronaldinho beats him at everything else: technique, passing, crossing, free kicks, penalties, name it.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by jalether(m): 1:31am On Mar 09, 2010
A-40:

Good grief Zidane over-rated?? I laugh in Ajigijaga. . . Mr Big game Performer, Mr Clutch, Mr who i'd want on my team when the game is on the line? Jeez just look at how he destroyed England in Euro 04 with such calm non-chalantness i wont even bother listing other exhibits its not his fault that he saves his best for big games. Ronaldinho is good but even at his peak he was never the main man for Brazil. He ruled Europe for 3 seasons or thereabout and made it count but thats about it! I am not oblivious of his skill but Zidane to Ronaldinho is like a Professor to a Doctor. Zidane is an O.G mehn  

You have just strengthened my point in regards to Zidane being overrated, your description of him leads one to believe he invented the game of footie grin

Now that's what I call being overrated. when you get too much appraisal and recognition than you actually deserve.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Sauron1: 1:32am On Mar 09, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron
such as? Maradona's only skill/technical attribute that is superior to Ronaldinho is his shooting. I'd say they are on par at dribbling/ball control. Ronaldinho beats him at everything else: technique, passing, crossing, free kicks, penalties, name it.

Maradona is not as unserious as Ronaldinho.
Does Maradona give the ball away whilst trying some school-boy tricks?
Did you watch Mexico 86, Italia 90 and USA 94(especially Argentina V Nigeria)?
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by follypimpi(m): 1:32am On Mar 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

Pure footballing skills.
Maradona has got it all. . . . . .Passing, dribbling, goal sense, freekicks, trickery and even[b] cheating!!![/b]
Go to YOUTUBE and see Maradona's videos.  

He is the best player ever in the history of association football.

Aside that,Ronaldinho possesses all in a thousand folds.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by jalether(m): 1:34am On Mar 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

Don't stretch it. . . . . .Maradona is god.
He is better than Zidane and Ronaldinho cloned together.
The things Diego Maradona did in the mid 80s to the early 90s are immeasurable.

110% agree, I confidently say Maradona is the best player to ever lace a football boot
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by follypimpi(m): 1:36am On Mar 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

Maradona is not as unserious as Ronaldinho.
Does Maradona give the ball away whilst trying some school-boy tricks?
Did you watch Mexico 86, Italia 90 and USA 94(especially Argentina V Nigeria)?

Go ask Ashley Cole,dude was crawling for his life when the so called schoolboi trick got his ass.Maradona/Zidane all keep it simple and more purposefull but Dinho wld do it the hard way & get same end result.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by jalether(m): 1:39am On Mar 09, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron

That is so untrue, ronnie might be better at crossing and technique., however all other aspect, Maradona sh1ts on Ronnie, no questions asked
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by jalether(m): 1:41am On Mar 09, 2010
follypimpi:

Go ask Ashley Cole,dude was crawling for his life when the so called schoolboi trick got his backside.Maradona/Zidane all keep it simple and more purposefull but Dinho wld do it the hard way & get same end result.

Folli, what's your position on Zidane vs Ronnie debate
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Sauron1: 1:44am On Mar 09, 2010
jalether:

110% agree, I confidently say Maradona is the best player to ever lace a football boot

He is 50 times better than Zidane and 60 times better than Ronaldinho.

Maradona is streets ahead of any football player i have seen on TV.
His technique and ability to pinch a slide-rule pass under duress is top draw.

I can't get enough of this goal in Italia 90.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpXdThzeO-U&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by ritchboy(m): 1:59am On Mar 09, 2010
Sauron
u are missing the point like a Shaq free throw. I think we all agree Maradona is better than Ronaldinho. The question is: who has more ability? The answer is obvious. I only brought up Maradona to illustrate Ronaldinho's level of ability, which clearly obliterates Zidane's.
At least, no one has been able to tell us what makes Zidane better than Dinho. All i've read are referrences to isolated incidents and factless rants based more on emotion than logic.
If Dinho is superior to Zidane in ability, efficiency, consistency, statistics and versatility, surely, only a relatively ignorant person would say Zidane is the better player.
Peace!
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by A40(m): 2:01am On Mar 09, 2010
@Jalether
How do you over-rate a player who has scored in almost every big game in his career? How many players have decided WC & UCL Finals?? You saw the examples Dayokanu listed didn't you? Is it mere coincidence or a pointer to his greatness. Football is not about doing a million step overs or snakebites per minute this is not Futsal all in all we have different fit criteria for rating footballers & sportsmen in general but Longevity matters to me more than anything else i

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gbenga Okunowo Features As Real Madrid Legends Beat Barcelona Legends 3-2. / Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 1) On 22nd February 2020 / Barcelona Vs PSG : UCL (2 - 0) On 21st April 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.