Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? (28795 Views)

Has Lionel Messi Surpassed The Status Of Pele, Maradona Or Zidane? / Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? / Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Sauron1: 2:11am On Mar 09, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron
u are missing the point like a Shaq free throw. I think we all agree Maradona is better than Ronaldinho. The question is: who has more ability? The answer is obvious. I only brought up Maradona to illustrate Ronaldinho's level of ability, which clearly obliterates Zidane's.

Maradona has more ability than Ronaldinho.
Denilson--the legover master has more natural ability than Dinho but these skills have to be honed.
Have you actually seen Maradona on tape? He is the Einstein of football.

At least, no one has been able to tell us what makes Zidane better than Dinho. All i've read are referrences to isolated incidents and factless rants based more on emotion than logic.

Zidane is more effective.
He did the right things when in possession but in terms of natural talent. . . . . .Dinho shytes on Zidane!

If Dinho is superior to Zidane in ability, efficiency, consistency, statistics and versatility, surely, only a relatively ignorant person would say Zidane is the better player.
Peace!

Efficiency ke?
I rate Dinho highly in ability, versatility and statistics. He is not consistent and not as efficient as Zidane.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by bgees(m): 2:13am On Mar 09, 2010
Maradona is the greatest player  ever.

Pele doesn't even come near. u might compare Ronaldinho to Pele sha undecided

but Maradona ? never. he is the best.the one-man army.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by ritchboy(m): 2:33am On Mar 09, 2010
Sauron
Denilson has more ability than Dinho? your definition of 'ability' is obviously flawed. Denilson's step overs(dribbling), is ONE ability, when you consider other abilities, he is nowhere near Dinho.
Ronaldinho is more efficient than Zidane. And he has the stats to prove it. It is not up for debate. Add that to his ability and Ronaldinho is clearly the better player.
I'm out.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by doyin13(m): 2:35am On Mar 09, 2010
Holy cow . . . .

I blame Ronaldinho. He messed himself up.

Ronaldinho has more at his finger tips than Maradona and
Denilson put together.

Maradona and Denilson were largely one trick ponies.

Ronaldinho. . . . OMG. Only Ronaldo Fenomeno was better.

Ronaldinho. . . . .OMG. He too much.

Now I am just blabbing.

But I will never forget the day he did his hocus pocus move
on Dunga. How about his flip flap.

Simply put, there are things Ronaldinho can do that those two
you mentioned can't do.

Shout out to Portuguese Ronaldo too. . .
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Sauron1: 2:41am On Mar 09, 2010
doyin13:

Holy cow . . . .

I blame Ronaldinho. He messed himself up.

Ronaldinho has more at his finger tips than Maradona and
Denilson put together.

Maradona and Denilson were largely one trick ponies.

Ronaldinho. . . . OMG. Only Ronaldo Fenomeno was better.

Ronaldinho. . . . .OMG. He too much.

Now I am just blabbing.

But I will never forget the day he did his hocus pocus move
on Dunga. How about his flip flap.

Simply put, there are things Ronaldinho can do that those two
you mentioned can't do.

Shout out to Portuguese Ronaldo too. . .

Your IQ is miles lower than your shoe-size.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by A40(m): 2:50am On Mar 09, 2010
@Doyin13
Stop busting nuts like a teen on his first visit to a gentleman's club. I know its easy for you to get dazzled by the fancy footwork i was too but look at the big picture cos Ronaldinho was neither here nor there pre 04 and post 06 is neither here nor there. Shebi u dey watch basketball who is the better Power Forward Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett?
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by chic2pimp(m): 2:52am On Mar 09, 2010
bgees:

Maradona is the greatest player ever.

Pele doesn't even come near. u might compare Ronaldinho to Pele sha undecided

but Maradona ? never. he is the best.the one-man army.

I have heard it all on NL ooooo.
Comparing Pele to Ronaldinho, wonders shall never seize sha undecided
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by bgees(m): 3:22am On Mar 09, 2010
Zidane is not overrated, Pele is overrated!
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by chic2pimp(m): 3:23am On Mar 09, 2010
How so? undecided
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by bgees(m): 3:29am On Mar 09, 2010
I was not alive when Pele played. but with the videos I've seen, the guy would have been a Rooney today. he was great but not has great Maradona. plus he never played in Europe.

I even forgot El Phenomenon , I'll take Ronaldo ahead of Pele.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by seedord247(m): 12:25pm On Mar 09, 2010
Ronaldinho is good but Forever live LIzarazu
grin
grin
grin
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by eherbal(m): 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2010
zidane is far better.have any of you rootin for rona been watching ball in the days of zid? angry
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by princekevo(m): 12:49pm On Mar 09, 2010
A talented student can never outsmart his/her teacher/master. No doubt that Dinho is a talented footballer, infact i love watch him play, but i see Zidane as professor in football. A master of generational football.  Ronaldinho partterns of play can easily be understood, as such can easily mark him out of a match, but Zidane understand the game of football and invoke partterns when he is being singled out by the opponents. That is why he can get lost in some matches when he has no room to display his skills. That never happens where Zidane is in a field of play, he believes if i cant make good use of myself i can make use of someone else. That was what made him Unique from other talented players.

So Zidane was never overrated.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by ow11(m): 12:54pm On Mar 09, 2010
Zidane's final hurrah that would have made him immortal like Pele and Maradona was the world cup final in 2006. If and only If he had bottled that emotion and won that bloody trophy, we wouldn't be having this argument.

Zidane was talented and dominated games even though he had very little pace in a time when speed became the norm. Ronaldinho belongs to the group of honourable mentions like Johann Cryuff, Gerd Muller, Ferenc Puskas and Eusebio. When Ronaldinho dominates a world cup, let me know!

The gods of soccer

1.Edson Arantes Do Nascimento
2.Diego Armando Maradona
3.Zinedine Zidane
Nazario Ronaldo Luis de Lima*

* Almost there (kind of like Hercules)
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by slimshay(m): 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2010
Zizou overated?  shocked shocked shocked Responding to things like this sounds disrespectful to me.

Anyways to the comparisms, i just get the feeling people are more taken in with trickery in football than technique. Just like mentioning Dennilson who dribbles everybody on the pitch and ends up at the corner flag.

Zidane had far more immense technical ability to any player in this generation.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by bisiaet: 1:21pm On Mar 09, 2010
Anyway both of them are good but Ronaldinho is a bit better of that is my own view.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by harmeenut: 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2010
I think he belongs up there with Maradona.

Wonder shall neva ends shocked Ronadinho & Maradona. Why una dey compare sleep with death? so where una wan put Messi? Pls Pls and Pls Zizou no be mate for ROnaldinho. the one wey the media is still trying to force on Dunga to take to SA. abegi
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by omar22(m): 1:58pm On Mar 09, 2010
I do respect other people’s opinion that’s why I won’t slag off people’s comments but to say Zidane overrated, is like saying Usain Bolt is not fast enough! Are we talking about the player that was voted the greatest European player EVER!!! By fellow Europeans and this is ahead of Best, Cruyff, Platini, Puskas, Van Basten, Gullit. Comparing Zidane to Goofy like compaing a F1 car to a NASCAR…
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by dammyadey2: 2:08pm On Mar 09, 2010
I know to be candid, there should no be any reason for this, in the world of soccer, after Abedi Pele of brzil and some other people who have been before Zinedine Zidane, but after the era of that, Zinedine Zidane is still the best. Ronaldinho is a good player but Zinedine Zidane is a better player. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 09, 2010
whats that saying again?, form is temporary, class is permenent! comparing zidane asn ronaldinho is like comparing class and form. dinho had a moment of good form then died out but zizu maintaine a high standard for a very long period,therefore he is undoubtedly the better of the two!
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by ritchboy(m): 2:29pm On Mar 09, 2010
Still yet, no one has presented any evidence that suggests Zidane is better than Ronaldinho. All i still see is a bunch of unsubstantiated gibberish based largely on media hype. The best you lot could come up with is: Zidane did better for his national team.
Why wont Zidane do better for his country when he was deployed in his natural/only position? Ronaldinho played the best football of his career as a wide forward for Barca, i dont think i've ever seen him play that role for Brazil. The poor lad was even used as a striker at a time, i'd like to see Zidand at center forward! Ronaldinho is a victim of his versatility, Zidane is a benefactor of his inability to play any other role, do the math. Its like Iniesta who never gets the chance to play centrally for Spain, then you tell me Melo is better than him for his country(Brazil), bollocks!!

Just to remind yall, Ronaldinho completely annihilates Zidane in terms of ability, consistency, versatility, efficiency/statistics. Until anyone can challenge any of that to be untrue, yall aint saying nuthing.

1 Like

Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by denzel2009: 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2010
dammyadey2:

I know to be candid, there should no be any reason for this, in the world of soccer, after Abedi Pele of brzil and some other people who have been before Zinedine Zidane, but after the era of that, Zinedine Zidane is still the best. Ronaldinho is a good player but Zinedine Zidane is a better player. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

Hmmmm alagbara!
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by cescjay(m): 2:49pm On Mar 09, 2010
for me Zidane is me best footballer ever.ronaldinho is also excellent in his own way.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by milkan05(m): 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2010
Let me put it this way----------

Zizou - Classic Music, Ballet (timeless, effective but sometimes boring for a couple of people)

Dinho - HipHop, Street Dance (do i need to explain?)

Yep Zidane effective (probably a better all round player) but i would pay a million dollars to watch dinho play!!!

Dinho keeps your blood rushing fast when he is with the ball.

too bad unseriousness, parties, women(aaah Obirin) did not allow him achieve true status meant for him in the football world.

Ask Man U, (sadly) Chelsea, the whole of la liga( cheesy) and a couple of other teams he has faced so far,
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Meldrick(m): 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2010
Ronaldinho is good but Zidane is like the god of football. His confidence on the pitch canm make anyother player look a toddler near him. The guy is simply phenomenal. Look what he did to Ronaldo in the world cup. Anyday Anytime Zidane.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by enato(m): 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

Maradona is not as unserious as Ronaldinho.
Does Maradona give the ball away whilst trying some school-boy tricks?
Did you watch Mexico 86, Italia 90 and USA 94(especially Argentina V Nigeria)?

let us not compare maradona with the likes of ronaldinho cos not everybody was able to watch him play and from the videos you might have watched maradonas pace and skill might have been good enough then but never compare his skills to that dinho or level of technique to that of zenidine zidane himself.    
saying zidane was overhyped by others is pure rubbish.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by KennyG6(m): 3:15pm On Mar 09, 2010
I like both players, but in my own book Zizou is/was a better player than Ronaldinho, perhaps a more fitting argument would have been Ronaldinho vs Jay-jay Okocha,
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by kDB1(m): 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
MOST PEOLPE JUST FOLLOW THE CROWD AND GENERALLY PEOLPE FIND IT HARD TO GIVE THE CONTENDER THE BELT. TRUTH BE TOLD DINHO IS CLEARLY BETTER THAN ZIDANE.

HE IS MORE COMPLETE, CAN PLAY MORE POSITIONS SCORES MORE, ASSISTS MORE AND HAS MORE TRICKY AND BRILLANCE WHICH UNLOCKS MORE DEFENCES.

EVEN MARADONA WHO IS VERY PROUD, ARROGANT AND WOULD HARDLY COMPLIMENT A BRAZILIAN SAID DINHO WAS BETTER TAHN HIM AND HE WOULD SOLIDIFY HIS PLACE AS THE WORLD'S GREATEST IN 2006. HOWEVER IN 2006 THE COACH'S TATICS, SELFISH KAKA TRYING TO BE AS RELEVANT, FATIGUE AND OTHER THINGS DID NOT GO SO WELL. BUT HE THAT DOES NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. HE SHOWED ZIDANE AND FIGO WHO THE REAL PLAYER WAS WHEN HE WAS IN BARCELONA AND THEY PLAYED FOR MADRID.

NO DISRESPECT TO ZIDANE IS IS GREAT. BUT CHECK THIS OUT
IN 98 RONNIE DESERVED TO BE THE WORLD PLAYER OF THE YEAR. HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD CUP AND BEST PLAYER IN UEFA THAT YEAR. IN 2000. I WOULD HAVE GIVEN FIGO AND 2003 I WOULD HAVE GIVEN RONNIE AGAIN. NOTE BOTH RONNIE AND HENRY THAT YEAR HAD MORE NO. 1 VOTES. HE BASICALLY WON ON NO. 2 VOTES.
ANYWAY I CAN GO ON AND ON BUT I GUESS WE CAN ALL AGREE AT LEAST AT THEIR PEAKS DINHO WAS BETTER. (2003-2007)

1 Like

Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by follypimpi(m): 4:11pm On Mar 09, 2010
jalether:

Folli, what's your position on Zidane vs Ronnie debate

Zidane is more purposeful,his decision making is on point & pretty consistent but as regards skills,versatility i gotta give it up to Ronnie.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by dayokanu(m): 4:15pm On Mar 09, 2010
I know to be candid, there should no be any reason for this, in the world of soccer, after Abedi Pele of brzil and some other people who have been before Zinedine Zidane, but after the era of that, Zinedine Zidane is still the best. Ronaldinho is a good player but Zinedine Zidane is a better player.

I have a feeling that someone would kill me on Nairaland but not this soon

AHHHHH Jesu kristi oba Iye!!!!!!!!!! where is your face grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Why wont Zidane do better for his country when he was deployed in his natural/only position? Ronaldinho played the best football of his career as a wide forward for Barca, i dont think i've ever seen him play that role for Brazil. The poor lad was even used as a striker at a time, i'd like to see Zidand at center forward! Ronaldinho is a victim of his versatility, Zidane is a benefactor of his inability to play any other role, do the math. Its like Iniesta who never gets the chance to play centrally for Spain, then you tell me Melo is better than him for his country(Brazil), bollocks

Example of games where Ronaldinho played as a forward for Brazil pls.

This is the internet age dont spew poppycocks all over.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by omar22(m): 4:15pm On Mar 09, 2010
Why wont Zidane do better for his country when he was deployed in his natural/only position? Ronaldinho played the best football of his career as a wide forward for Barca, i dont think i've ever seen him play that role for Brazil. The poor lad was even used as a striker at a time, i'd like to see Zidand at center forward! Ronaldinho is a victim of his versatility, Zidane is a benefactor of his inability to play any other role, do the math. Its like Iniesta who never gets the chance to play centrally for Spain, then you tell me Melo is better than him for his country(Brazil), bollocks!!

You just proved the point, Goofy played left sided midfield for Brazil at the 2006 WC because the have Adriano and Ronaldo upfront, but struggled when he played on the left thats why Dunga prefers Robinho. but Rivaldo played both left side of a front 3 for Brazil 2002 and Barcelona ,and played left midfield for Brazil in 1998,  and still perform,  if Dinho cant adapt then it shows his limitation in his ability,  at the 1998 WC Zidane played in a Midfield 3 with Deschamp and Petit, he played in a midfield 2 at Juve with Edgar David, he played behind the front 2 strikers or Lone striker for France,  for Madrid he played on the left in front of Roberto Carlos, 

Situation or problems does not make a man, IT REVEALS THE MAN

You see everything that Okocha lacked Zidane had it, thats timing and end product, Dinho had a bliss of 3 years, France had to go on knees and beg Zidane out of retirement just to helt France qualify for the world cup,
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by mystikal(m): 4:17pm On Mar 09, 2010
So granted that Didho has more "qualities" than Zizou, how does that make Zizou over rated?

Let me just add that Zidane is the perfect combination of simplicity and complexity.

For the dude that said I should not comment on this thread, cos he owns it, I'm sorry, I should have known better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 1) On 22nd February 2020 / Barcelona Vs PSG : UCL (2 - 0) On 21st April 2015 / Gbenga Okunowo Features As Real Madrid Legends Beat Barcelona Legends 3-2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.