Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,246 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? (28812 Views)

Has Lionel Messi Surpassed The Status Of Pele, Maradona Or Zidane? / Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? / Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by chic2pimp(m): 7:49pm On Mar 10, 2010
idifu:

Zidane is God, ppl should be worshiping the ground he walk on.
Ronaldinho will neva be no where near Zidane it's like comparing an okada to a trailer

What kind of daft analogy is this?

omar22:

The Ballon D'or is been decided by Journalist, (newspaper writers)
FIFA World Player of the year is by Team Manager and Captains
Team Managers and Captains are easily swayed by fanfare and public opinions unlike journalist who watch almost every match and will make their choices based on what they've seen without any bias.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by preciousoz: 8:01pm On Mar 10, 2010
how dare u compare the great zidane to ronaldinho ?

abeg make una change topic.

zizou remains the greatest midfielder ever QED.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by mohid(m): 9:51pm On Mar 10, 2010
i think zizou was the greatest person to ve ever have kicked a soccer ball dead or alive.he is way ahead of pele and maradona esp wen u consider the standards of football in their eras.as for ronaldinho i dont think he was a better player than ronaldo de lima
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by jamalzox: 4:56am On Mar 11, 2010
WANTED:
AN EXPERIENCED MUSIC/SOUND PRODUCER WHO IS VERSATILE AND CAN MAKE USE OF PRO TOOLS WELL.
CAN MIX AND MASTER WELL ON PRO TOOLS,
CALL 08066301946.
LASGIDI ,
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by ritchboy(m): 7:56am On Mar 11, 2010
The fact that many people are saying Zidane is the best player ever just proves the initial point Jalether was trying to make: He is overrated. EOD.

Sauron
my top ten is too politically-incorrect to be made public!
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by allboyz(m): 11:11am On Mar 11, 2010
Zidane is GOD-OF-FOOTIE!
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by dapsycool(m): 11:39am On Mar 11, 2010
[size=15pt]Is this thread for dancing competition?[/size] if yes, then Ronaldinho wins. grin grin grin grin
Anything else, the OP most be on cheap grass undecided angry and the ignoramus that mentioned Rooney here is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by voiceofsa: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2010
Yes Zidane is 100% better than Ronaldinho. The fact is that Ronaldinho got pride even though he fail always. I really like what man U did to them last nite. Bleep Ronaldinho
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by seunspice(m): 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2010
Zidane is the Professor, Ronaldinho just obtained his PHD then dropped out cause he needed to do something else for a while. Most football followers saw Zidane at Real, His days at the French Championat and Juventus have gone unnoticed. Please go to youtube and see clips from those pre real madrid days of Zidane, you would agree with me that overall, zidane is better to an extent.
Personally, i feel Zidane's greatest asset over Ronaldinho is his ability to spur a team on. Ronaldinho can single handedly win a match, but notice how badly his teams perform when he is not in a game. To appreciate more of Zidane go watch clips from Euro 2004.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2010
Ronaldhino represents for us west indian/ afro-latin folks so i will say him lol. cool

please i dont watch football like that. I hate sports. I always end up injured when i play lol so because of that i dont even watch.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by follypimpi(m): 7:39pm On Mar 11, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Ronaldhino represents for us west indian/ afro-latin folks so i will say him lol. cool

please i dont watch football like that. I hate sports. I always end up injured when i play lol so because of that i dont even watch.

Do u knw Zuzu his african too,me thot Ronaldinho is from Jamaica
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by ololo12: 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2010
Omg, Why would someone in his right senses compare 'ZIZOU' with 'DINHO'. It's illogical to compare the both players. Zizou any day is a better player than Dinho, That's my opinion
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 12, 2010
follypimpi:

Do u knw Zuzu his african too,me thot Ronaldinho is from Jamaica

no Ronaldinho is brazilian. but we jamos and brazilians are the same ppl (hence my biased comment for picking Dinho). i dont know who Zuzu is. undecided
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by follypimpi(m): 1:01am On Mar 12, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

no Ronaldinho is brazilian. but we jamos and brazilians are the same ppl (hence my biased comment for picking Dinho). i dont know who Zuzu is. undecided

I knw u r pretty patriotic,u wld pick anything Jamo related.
tongue tongue
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Nobody: 2:14am On Mar 12, 2010
@ Folly. No not really. well. . . undecided
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by chic2pimp(m): 4:39am On Mar 12, 2010
seunspice:

Zidane is the Professor, Ronaldinho just obtained his PHD then dropped out cause he needed to do something else for a while. Most football followers saw Zidane at Real, His days at the French Championat and Juventus have gone unnoticed. Please go to youtube and see clips from those pre real madrid days of Zidane, you would agree with me that overall, zidane is better to an extent.
Personally, i feel Zidane's greatest asset over Ronaldinho is his ability to spur a team on. Ronaldinho can single handedly win a match, but notice how badly his teams perform when he is not in a game. To appreciate more of Zidane go watch clips from Euro 2004.
Forget this 'Go and watch youtube clips' schitzo , why don't you tell us how good he was well he played during his time in Juve? undecided
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 12, 2010
chic2pimp:

Forget this 'Go and watch youtube clips' schitzo , why don't you tell us how good he was well he played during his time in Juve? undecided

So poorly that Real Madrid were willing to make him the World's costliest footballer in 2001.
Besides,Ronaldinho was worse at PSG.
Zizou rules by a stretch and a mile.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Kenyata(m): 7:46am On Mar 12, 2010
Kindly see this as my contribution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crDzasp1-60&feature=related

Somebody should please teach me how to upload You tube live and direct.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by sol2galay: 11:45am On Mar 12, 2010
i am suprise you guys didn't mention our own jay jay okocha, i doubt there is any living player better than Augustine jay jay okocha, save for pele and maradona whom i don't watch play. i guess okocha is the greatest player who has played the game.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by mastercee(m): 7:23pm On Mar 12, 2010
what sort of comparison are you guys making, Ronaldinho is great we all know that but Zidane is completely out of this world. He is the best footballer the world have ever seen not even Pele or maradona can lay claim to that. pele played when there was no offside position while maradona as we all know uses drugs.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by mohid(m): 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2010
@mastercee ur reply is what i call E.O.D(karshen magana).
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by tayoast(m): 11:52pm On Mar 12, 2010
mastercee:

what sort of comparison are you guys making, Ronaldinho is great we all know that but Zidane is completely out of this world. He is the best footballer the world have ever seen not even Pele or maradona can lay claim to that. pele played when there was no offside position while maradona as we all know uses drugs.

So, if Messi was caught doping, wat d'u make of him??
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by A40(m): 12:59am On Mar 13, 2010
Eastbay:

So poorly that Real Madrid were willing to make him the World's costliest footballer in 2001.
Besides,Ronaldinho was worse at PSG.
Zizou rules by a stretch and a mile.
Post of the Week!!
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 13, 2010
Notice that Pro-Ronnie advocates are not mentioning his disastous stint wit hPSG.
Whether it's deliberate,I can't say,but anybody who ignores how poor/arrogant he was in Paris is not making a balanced argument.
Zizou took lowly Bordeaux to the UEFA cup finals in 1996 losing to Bayern in the finals over two legs.Again,no one mentions that feat.
Someone mentioned earlier that Zizou has decided Champions League and World Cup Finals.Isn't that enough to end this argument?Yet people say he's over-rated.That's greatness,if you ask me.
Hasn't Ronnie been mediocre for Brazil,all career long?And why doesn't Dunga as much as want to hear his name mentioned,not to talk of look in his direction,even at this stage of his career with the World Cup 3 months away?At least greatness could be a reason to take a player to a major tournament,because if all else fails,you can turn to him.Heck,even washed-up Gary Neville tamed him like a school-yard bully the other day.
Career-wise,Ronnie was at his best when at Barcelona,but it was only for a couple of seasons or so.As a member of the selecao,he's done NOTHING.Zizou can point to two glorious World cups,Ronnie can't even boast of one even when his team won.Rivaldo/Ronaldo were streets ahead.Ronnie blew his chance in 2006.Zizou was the pivot for the French National team while there.Ronnie wasn't even option B for Brazil.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by ritchboy(m): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2010
Eastbay
Ronaldinho has been so poor for Brazil he's scored 32 times in 87 games. . . In fact, he was so "disastrous" at PSG Barca paid over €32 million for him. You have no idea what ur spittin, do you?

Ronaldinho murders Zidane in every criteria from ability to statistics and the whole lot, and no one has been able to challenge this. Instead all yall can come up with for Zidane is hand picked performances in big games. Even Darren Fletcher can boast of that.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by A40(m): 1:15pm On Mar 13, 2010
@Ritchboy
When Darren Fletcher settles WC & UCL Finals please get back to us. When you say ability give me specifics cos aside goal-scoring i don't see what else Ronnie has over him and that is easily explainable or else u want to tell me Lampard is better than Xavi. Ronaldinho would do a drive-by from here to Mount Fuji to posess Zizou's technique,close control and decision making skills.
I'd also appreciate it if you could tell us what Ronnie did in PSG and why Hulk Hogan is likelier to make the Selecao than Ronnie? i want to assume Dunga knows a little more about footie than you do

Don't get it twisted though i love Ronnie he's quite an entertainer and i would pay grande guap to watch him play but he's just a notch below Zizou
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by ritchboy(m): 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2010
A-40
i have already given analysis of how Ronaldinho's ability annihilates Zidane's on this thread. . . The only of Zidane's abilities that are at par with(not necessarily better) than Ronnie's are technique, first touch/ball control, and GROUND passes. Dinho murders Zidane in just about everything else from LOFTED passes to crossing, free kicks, penalties, dribbling/trickery, shooting/finishing, pace/acceleration, stamina, agility, name it.
Statistically he also blows Zidane out of the phucking water so what is the basis for comparison? That Zidane played well in two finals? I laugh in 666.
Ronaldinho's problems at PSG were more off-field than on. He did very well for the most part, if not(like u & Eastbay validated Zidane's performances at Juve with his transfer fee) Barca wouldnt have paid over €32m for him.
Lets also not forget he was like 20/21 then. i believe this debate is about their prime years.
Zidane is only better than Ronaldinho in the papers and on the internet. on the field, Dinho shytes on him and doesnt wipe his a$$.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by A40(m): 4:02pm On Mar 13, 2010
Ronaldinho better than Zizou at penalties & free-kicks? I laugh in Ajigijaga. Maybe in your PS 3 where you edit your fave player's abilities.
Dribbling? Probably but definitely not trickery i hope you know the difference!

Shooting & finishing last time i checked Zidane is not a striker & does not need to outscore Ronnie to prove he is better unless you want to tell me Lampard is better than Xavi since he is also a better shooter & finisher
Pace & Acceleration? Na athletics or Formula 1 you call am? Show me a quick #10 and i would show you an anorexic sumo wrestler. Stamina & agility? Ritchboy we are arguing midfield play and not bedmatics or gymnastics but if you want to tow that line no wahala all i would say is one player performed for a decade the other lasted 3 seasons i'll let you tell it.

Zidane's final appearances count! Thats the difference between him and a Ballack cos #2 is not a winner & 3rd no one remembers. Do you know Ballack woulda been a world cup winner,european cup winner and double UCL winner if he showed up in the Finals maybe this should help you recognize how immense Zidane was

By the way Ronaldinho was younger so its only normal he cost much but Zidane cost 75mil at 29 i.e he was breaking world transfer while Ronaldinho at 29 was bent outta shape! Maybe you are seeing what Dunga is not seeing sha
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 13, 2010
ritchboy,
Maybe it's a different Zidane we've been watching,because I don't think Ronnie's better in penalties or free-kicks.If anything,Ziz was more deadly on the set-piece situation.And how can you bring Darren Fletcher into this argument?It's uncalled for,really.Dribbling and trickery are intangibles that really should make you a much better player but those don't count in the final analysis,otherwise,our own jay Jay would be up there in this argument.
Like I asked,if ronnie is so great,why does Dunga think it's a nightmare when anyone whispers Ronaldinho anywhere him?Ronnie is 30,but as it stands,the due is wasted.If United's worst player,Gary Neville is marking him out at this stage of his career,I wonder what the argument is for him.
Check the records yourself with Zizou at 30.He was winning the Champions League with that strike that even Ronnie would only ever score while he masturbates.There's no way Dunga is going to take Ronnie to SA unless a bubonic plague wipes out half of Brazil's population before June,and even that is more of a prayer than a hope.
And how come Ronnie hasn't had a decent world cup of note in all his career?How come Zizou trounced and trumped him all over,even lofting the ball over him in one instance during their game, in 2006?Wasn't Ronnie supposed to be at the height of his powers that year?How come ronnie had only all of one assist in that competition?
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by doyin13(m): 5:49pm On Mar 13, 2010
Na wa. . . . .

Una no get eyes. Ronnie's athleticism is the tiebreaker. He was stronger and quicker.

Even when it comes to skills, Ronnie had more ability when it comes to facing a player
one on one. He could beat a player standing still.

Zidane probably was a better passer and that's about it.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by ritchboy(m): 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2010
A40
so basically, youre saying every ability of Ronnie's that is superior to Zidane's is not important for his position? Shooting isnt important for an attacking midfielder? Stamina isnt important in footie? Pace isnt important in football, and playmakers dont have it? You are having a laugh.
How can anyone compare Zidane's free kicks to Dinho's? That is ABOMINABLE!
In terms of ABILITY, Ronaldinho is without doubt the most gifted player of all time BAR NONE. If you want to compare him to another player, compare his EFFICIENCY. Unfortunately for Zidane, he dies a painful death in that department as well.
Re: Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? by A40(m): 1:43am On Mar 14, 2010
@Ritchboy
Can you tell me when last you heard Zidane missed a penalty? Go and ask David James and Iker Casillas how Zizou's freekicks stretched em past their elastic limits. Zizou's dead ball abilities can't be phocked with! He is The Cool

Pace is not a compulsory attribute for a midfield general or playmaker. Xavi,Cesc,Lampard,Ballack,Alonso,Mendieta (in his prime),Veron,Riquelme,Effenberg,Andreas Moller et al are playmakers that are or where not pacy does it dent their credentials? I think not! Strikers like Kluivert,Rivaldo,Del Piero,Bergkamp where not exactly speedstars and their lack of speed doesn't diminish their street cred
As for shooting and finishing i have used the Lampard & Xavi example too many times. If you can't beat your chest and tell me that Lampard is better than Xavi since he finishes and scores better than you don't have an argument on the Ronnie & Zizou tip. What next would you tell us that Ronald Koeman is better than Maldini since he is a better finisher?

Stamina you say again? What stamina? A Ronaldinho that would not track back if he loses posession even if a Tec9 was pulled at his mom is who you are saying has stamina. I laugh in Mr Ibu. Whats the fuss bout stamina when Zizou has longevity

If we where rating players based on their Agility then Julius Aghahowa,Cele Babayaro and Obinna Nsofor would be the best 3 players ever. Agility as a playmaker attribute? Thats just desperate

Efficiency? Hehe you must be Al Gore giving a lecture on global warming and energy efficiency. As abstract as your claim is i would still be quick to tell you that Ronaldinho and efficiency are like two d.i.c.ks that can't mix

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gbenga Okunowo Features As Real Madrid Legends Beat Barcelona Legends 3-2. / Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 1) On 22nd February 2020 / Barcelona Vs PSG : UCL (2 - 0) On 21st April 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.