Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? (29330 Views)

Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? / Identical Twins: Adegoke Taiye & Kehinde Graduate With First Class From UNIBADAN / Friends Who Study Together Graduate With First Class Together (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by AloyalNigerian(m): 6:20pm On Oct 06, 2017
I'm presently on 4.25 after dropping from 4.57 to 4.28 and then to 4.25. I relented due to some issues. Because, I had several options before me so I started losing interest in my course.

Now, my question is, can I still make a first class degree having spent 3 semesters out of 10.

6 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 06, 2017
Which course are you studying?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Florblu(f): 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2017
You have a good chance of making first class if you put in more effort.

But please first class is not enough to become successful,equip yourself.Let school pass through you.

69 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by GentlemanAyo(m): 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2017
AloyalNigerian:
I'm presently on 4.25 after dropping from 4.57 to 4.28 and then to 4.25. I relented due to some issues. Because, I had several options before me so I started losing interest in my course.

Now, my question is, can I still make a first class degree having spent 3 semesters out of 10.

Florblu said the right thing.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by davbravo(m): 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
AloyalNigerian:

its still very possible, just put in more effort
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by GideonG(m): 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2017
If you get A from IT and A from project, sure1 Goodluck

10 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by godwinony(m): 10:04pm On Oct 06, 2017
If it is possible mathematically then it's possible..
During my undergrad days, Year1 Cgpa was 2.6. I rose to 3.63 in final year..identify your weaknesses and hit A parallels.

26 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by cstr1000: 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2017
Yes, you can . Get a 5.0
I did it, and you definitely can.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 06, 2017
let me park my bus here.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by kennyjam: 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2017
I'm here....
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Mitchely: 11:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
AloyalNigerian:

Very Possible. You need to identify and deal with the issues. Aim to be the best you can be, do not limit yourself to a first class (which is just 4.5 out of 5.0). Also do not just go through school, also acquire diverse skillets and all round development, and acheiving these with a 'first class first class' is very possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by AloyalNigerian(m): 4:56am On Oct 07, 2017
Mitchely:

Very Possible. You need to identify and deal with the issues. Aim to the best you can be, do not limit yourself to a first class (which is just 4.5 out of 5.0). Also do not just go through school, also acquire diverse skillets and all round development. These with a 'first class first class' is possible.
Thanks Bro
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by AloyalNigerian(m): 4:58am On Oct 07, 2017
cstr1000:
Yes, you can . Get a 5.0
I did it, and you definitely can.
Thanks Bro. I want to be practical now, will having 4.5+ in the remaining semesters do it?
And how did you do yours?
Thanks.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by AloyalNigerian(m): 5:00am On Oct 07, 2017
godwinony:
If it is possible mathematically then it's possible..
During my undergrad days, Year1 Cgpa was 2.6. I rose to 3.63 in final year..identify your weaknesses and hit A parallels.
Wow. That's great. But I'm in my 2nd year already, and 2nd semester at that.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by AloyalNigerian(m): 5:01am On Oct 07, 2017
GideonG:
If you get A from IT and A from project, sure1 Goodluck
Thanks.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by AloyalNigerian(m): 5:06am On Oct 07, 2017
Pridestorm:
Which course are you studying?
Crop, Soil and Pest Management. But I have special interest in computer science coz I write codes. So, I wrote jamb again and scored 286 but I'm not using it anymore. The sad thing is that, I prepared for the UTME at the expense of my course. So I had a straight drop from 4.57 to 4.28 and now 4.25. It's really painful though, but I want to make amends.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by AloyalNigerian(m): 5:08am On Oct 07, 2017
Florblu:
You have a good chance of making first class if you put in more effort.

But please first class is not enough to become successful,equip yourself.Let school pass through you.
Yea, I know that quite well. But I just need it to make my future academic plans easier. I hope you get?
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by AloyalNigerian(m): 5:09am On Oct 07, 2017
GentlemanAyo:

Florblu said the right thing.
Yea. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by AloyalNigerian(m): 5:10am On Oct 07, 2017
cstr1000:
Yes, you can . Get a 5.0 I did it, and you definitely can.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by godwinony(m): 6:59am On Oct 07, 2017
AloyalNigerian:

Wow. That's great. But I'm in my 2nd year already, and 2nd semester at that.

Like I said, it isn't impossible if it is possible mathematically..try coding an excel sheet and input all your courses till final year then project all your scores using B..or you could try doing it manually which is hectic. If at conclusion you hit first class Cgpa, then aim for 'A's in some of the courses.. At least that's what I did. Having a physical target/goal does wonders for morale.

8 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by AloyalNigerian(m): 8:49am On Oct 07, 2017
godwinony:

Like I said, it isn't impossible if it is possible mathematically..try coding an excel sheet and input all your courses till final year then project all your scores using B..or you could try doing it manually which is hectic. If at conclusion you hit first class Cgpa, then aim for 'A's in some of the courses.. At least that's what I did. Having a physical target/goal does wonders for morale.
Thanks. I will do that.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 07, 2017
AloyalNigerian:

Crop, Soil and Pest Management. But I have special interest in computer science coz I write codes. So, I wrote jamb again and scored 286 but I'm not using it anymore. The sad thing is that, I prepared for the UTME at the expense of my course. So I had a straight drop from 4.57 to 4.28 and now 4.25. It's really painful though, but I want to make amends.
You try no be small ooh... 4 point suppose to be first class

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by cstr1000: 11:09am On Oct 07, 2017
AloyalNigerian:

Thanks Bro. I want to be practical now, will having 4.5+ in the remaining semesters do it?
And how did you do yours?
Thanks.
It depends on how your university calculates CGPA. Mine uses an incremental basis of points with respect to the level while some universities uses a flat rate.
Infact, after my 400L, my CGPA slipped from 4.74 to 4.44 due to distractions and a lot of grooving and pride. Everybody saw me as the designated faculty scholar and girls were everywhere. Infact, I barely went anywhere without one or two Engineering girls tagging along and so my CGPA suffered.
So I knew I needed to be very serious to get a first class and I got a 5.0 in 500 level.

So with regards to your question, if your university is like mine, a 4.5 throughout the remainder of your stay will get you a first class.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Sleyanya1(m): 5:38pm On Oct 07, 2017
cheesy

Your case is a very very Hopeful one Bro.

Back in Uniport I knew of a higher level Gas Engineering guy, that was having a CGPA of 1.82 in his first semester, (Having about 9 more). He graduated with a first class.

It's all about improving on what works best for you and setting your standards/discipline towards success.
Finally, there's a place for God's grace.

Fire down Bro.

6 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by JhyMedex: 5:39pm On Oct 07, 2017
Of course giving u still have up to 7 semester to get over ur distraction n refocus..grin... Am jst hoping ur distraction is not Wat I'm thinking..grin...

Making a First Class degree is indeed impressive... Being a First Class Human.. nw dts sth worth Striving for...!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Ekealterego: 5:40pm On Oct 07, 2017
If you use the cumulative Grade Point average. Then you will have to calculate the total number of units left for all the 3 semesters. Assume a target GPA on the average and do a cumulative.
Or just do your simple maths. You are bright enough. Do the maths, its called a weighted average.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by edeXede: 5:40pm On Oct 07, 2017
embarassed
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by lelvin(m): 5:41pm On Oct 07, 2017
Okay
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 07, 2017
AloyalNigerian I feel your pain dear. I was dealing with depression + other school activities so mine slipped from 4.6 to 4.4 this past session. and I had to study like mad the second sem so as to try to get it back to at least 4.5 but I wasn't lucky.

so now I have to study like crazy this new session and write two thesis. whenever I see the result I feel like a failure.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by Horlaarsco: 5:42pm On Oct 07, 2017
cstr1000:

It depends on how your university calculates CGPA. Mine uses an incremental basis of points with respect to the level while some universities uses a flat rate.
Infact, after my 400L, my CGPA slipped from 4.74 to 4.44 due to distractions and a lot of grooving and pride. Everybody saw me as the designated faculty scholar and girls were everywhere. Infact, I barely went anywhere without one or two Engineering girls tagging along and so my CGPA suffered.
So I knew I needed to be very serious to get a first class and I got a 5.0 in 500 level.

So with regards to your question, if your university is like mine, a 4.5 throughout the remainder of your stay will get you a first class.

grin
Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by OmoDavido(m): 5:43pm On Oct 07, 2017
University girls ain't loyal. I used to get all the attention from my coursemates then but when I drop to 4.0 alot of them don't even act asif I exist anymore.

Learnt my lessons the hard way.. Mission 5.0 now... angry

5 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? by ndiboy01(m): 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2017
Yes yu can but ur 1st class paper wil go wit baba ijebu group of companies

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death / 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass / NUC Uncovers 100 Fake Professors In Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.