Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? (19676 Views)

Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / Reasons Why A Lot Of Ladies Who Seek To Marry Still Remain Single / He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by sagluva(f): 3:18am On Mar 09, 2010
i'm not trying to buy anybody's love. i did alot of those out of the kindness of my heart. in reality i'm naturally a giver even  with my family and friends. my boyfriend didnt ask me for anything. I did it because he told me that growing up he never received gifts just money so i wanted to make him feel happy thats all. i am not stupid either if i feel liek ur not treating me the way i want to at the moment, i wont keep doing things fOR U. NOBODY WILL EVER TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME. I have a good judge of character but ofcourse guys are fools and they do stupid things, even though i know he loves me very much, i found out he randomly talks to some chicks on facebook so i decided i wont be doing anything for him. got him nothing on valentines day.
I dont think its wrong to give. i would only say its wrong if the person demands it. in a relationship, it should be 50?50
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Pataki: 3:18am On Mar 09, 2010
ayettymama:

THEN WHAT IS SHE DOIN THEN

chaaaaale ooo  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

she popped to england and started with the wrong crew!!

where did she meet your friend?? south east??

see what my relatives are doin wit thier money!!!

if i find her i go beat her well well!!
Now you are talking like a proper mama. grin Where in London are you from? East London? grin

It is not about mixing with the wrong crew. She found a man she loves and he loves her too. Even before he knew this was a lady with exceeding cash inflow.

So you are saying you cannot spend lavishly on a guy? embarassed cry
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by ayettymama(f): 3:20am On Mar 09, 2010
fl i do see what u mean

but that is diff
casual gift buying is diff

buying ur man a car, expensive wristwatch or payin his rent

is im sorri to say tryna buy his love

unless ur selling them  grin grin grin

i find it disgusting when men scrub off women

*shivers at the thought*
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Pweety4me(f): 3:20am On Mar 09, 2010
@Saluva ok but do u think that he even appreciates any of these gifts?
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Lamii: 3:20am On Mar 09, 2010
@ayetteymama
u make it seem like her bf is some broke man she met at KFC. lol  cheesy
but i agree with u thought that a lot of women spend on men w/o being sensible abt it.
that's why i say they should make sure the guy is sound before doing it. and make sure they won't have regrets afterwards.
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by iice(f): 3:22am On Mar 09, 2010
@Topic, it's not wrong.
I would, I do, I did grin Just because i wanted to and i could.  It's ok as well if he refuses them.  You don't own someone just because you paid for something for them or spent something on them.  
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by sagluva(f): 3:24am On Mar 09, 2010
@ Pweety4me yea i think he really appreciates it because he always brings up how grateful he is. he never asked for the gifts. this post wasnt really to ask people to judge whether my boyfriend is using me or not, just wanted to see if its bad to spend on a guy in general
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by sagluva(f): 3:24am On Mar 09, 2010
@ Lamii thnaks smiley
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Nobody: 3:24am On Mar 09, 2010
sagluva:

i'm not trying to buy anybody's love. i did alot of those out of the kindness of my heart. in reality i'm naturally a giver even  with my family and friends. my boyfriend didnt ask me for anything. I did it because he told me that growing up he never received gifts just money so i wanted to make him feel happy thats all. i am not silly either if i feel liek your not treating me the way i want to at the moment, i wont keep doing things fOR U. NOBODY WILL EVER TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME. I have a good judge of character but ofcourse guys are fools and they do silly things, even though i know he loves me very much, i found out he randomly talks to some chicks on facebook so i decided i wont be doing anything for him. got him nothing on valentines day.
I dont think its wrong to give. i would only say its wrong if the person demands it. in a relationship, it should be 50?50
Thats like me. And I've had situations where some try to take advantage.

Bi/ch plz, some men really think they're dealing with id//iots. A free bank account.

Awon yoruba sope . . . . eni ti  a se loore ti ko dupe, bi olosa ko ni leru lo ni [If a person I helped does not give grattitude, it's like having a thief rob me]

Girl just shine your eyes and make sure he's not using you mehn. Nothing wrong with spending on him as long as he does not begin to see it as an expectation.
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by ayettymama(f): 3:26am On Mar 09, 2010
Pataki:

Now you are talking like a proper mama. grin Where in London are you from? East London? grin

It is not about mixing with the wrong crew. She found a man she loves and he loves her too. Even before he knew this was a lady with exceeding cash inflow.

So you are saying you cannot spend lavishly on a guy? embarassed cry

let me tell u this

every woman- esp fashionable women like me

like to buy things for thier men

we all want to do it
watches lates silver cufflinks its something we love to do
but u have to wait for the right time to do it

ie when ur married!!!!

theres nothing wrong with looking after ur man

but not foolishly and not b4 ur married!!

because

eni afe la mo, aoo meni to feni

u dont no what the guy is doin with u, u have no way of assesing whether hes using you, a responsible man should never take expensive things from u!!!

its not right!!- lets not get carried away by the proportion of broke men in london andbe sensible with our cash pls

recently someone inno got bumped out of £7000 thats not childs money

@poster u are not God u cannot be expert at judging character

be sensible with ur money let the man lavish u! theres a reason for that custom!
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Pweety4me(f): 3:27am On Mar 09, 2010
sagluva:

@ Pweety4me yea i think he really appreciates it because he always brings up how grateful he is. he never asked for the gifts. this post wasnt really to ask people to judge whether my boyfriend is using me or not, just wanted to see if its bad to spend on a guy in general
Yea sure but u know how pple r?maybe next tyme u should just ask your question first and then state your personal experience after pple have given there views.
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 09, 2010
ayettymama:

fl i do see what u mean

but that is diff
casual gift buying is diff

buying your man a car, expensive wristwatch or payin his rent

is im sorri to say tryna buy his love

unless your selling them  grin grin grin

i find it disgusting when men scrub off women

*shivers at the thought*

Nah, she got the money.

If you care abt someone, you'll do anything to alleviate that person of pain and stress.

And if she's naturally sweet, the first thing on her mind would be to help him.

But me, buy a car and pay his rent, dude must have lost his fcukking mind. Even if I was tht rich. . . .

What I find disgusting is a man using a woman as a personal bank acct.
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by sagluva(f): 3:29am On Mar 09, 2010
My boyfriend didnt even know i had alot of money when he met me.  He's not broke. he is a college student so he cant afford to buy me half the stuff i buy him. it doesnt mean he doesnt buy me gifts. he does but they arent in the same price range but it doesnt matter to me because i think tis the thought that counts not the amount. A guy  can buy u alot of expensive things and still not  treat u right. it goes both ways. Why is it that women feel that when a man spends alot on them, the man loves him but if a girl does it, the guy is using her? a guy can also spend alot on u coz he wants sex
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Nobody: 3:30am On Mar 09, 2010
sagluva:

My boyfriend didnt even know i had alot of money when he met me.  He's not broke. he is a college student so he cant afford to buy me half the stuff i buy him. it doesnt mean he doesnt buy me gifts. he does but they arent in the same price range but it doesnt matter to me because i think tis the thought that counts not the amount. A guy  can buy u alot of expensive things and still not  treat u right. it goes both ways. Why is it that women feel that when a man spends alot on them, the man loves him but if a girl does it, the guy is using her? a guy can also spend alot on u coz he wants intimacy
shocked

How old are you and how old is he?
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Nobody: 3:33am On Mar 09, 2010
Well it's not wrong, but I really don't like bringing material things into relationships. And I think husbands should have more privileges than boyfriends who is still even in college.
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Pweety4me(f): 3:34am On Mar 09, 2010
@Fl Ginger @Profile pic. . . grin hehehe u and ur lipgloss always poppin. . . tongue smiley
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Pataki: 3:35am On Mar 09, 2010
ayettymama:

let me tell u this

every woman- esp fashionable women like me

like to buy things for thier men

we all want to do it
watches lates silver cufflinks its something we love to do
but u have to wait for the right time to do it

ie when your married!!!!

theres nothing wrong with looking after your man

but not foolishly and not b4 your married!!

because

eni afe la mo, aoo meni to feni

u dont no what the guy is doin with u, u have no way of assesing whether hes using you, a responsible man should never take expensive things from u!!!

its not right!!- lets not get carried away by the proportion of broke men in london andbe sensible with our cash pls

recently someone inno got bumped out of £7000 thats not childs money

@poster u are not God u cannot be expert at judging character

be sensible with your money let the man lavish u! theres a reason for that custom!

I totally understand what you are saying ayettymama and I share your view. Which was why I stated in the beginning that I have my reservations about a woman spending too much on me. Of course I do expect her to. It is a show of appreciation from her heart that she truly cares and I matter to her. We guys love it as well. But the keyword is MODERATION.

If I see a latest fashion in store, and I like it for my sister or my woman, I buy it for them. I do not consider that buying her gifts is buying her love, nor do I consider she is doing likewise. I believe when we entertain that -ve thought too much, it begins to make a relationship faulty. Nevertheless, there are times she would demand for certain things, which as a guy you can still afford, but you outrightly refuse to buy it, so also a lady must know when to stamp her foot down and say NO to silly and unnecessary request from a guy to buy him things he fancies in a store.

Hope we are on the same page now? wink
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by ayettymama(f): 3:37am On Mar 09, 2010
are u his papa??

abi he no get papa??

fl exchange the word sweet for foolish

idc if she has the money a man isnt what she should be spending it on!!

look at it this way

if u gave ur daughter alot of money would u want her to
A-spend it on sweets

B- spend it on a man

or C spend it on herself??
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by ayettymama(f): 3:37am On Mar 09, 2010
yes pataki u are bless cool cool
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by sagluva(f): 3:39am On Mar 09, 2010
how come i cant qoute on here? i dont see the qoute button on my page
@fl gators i am 19 and he is 22
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Pataki: 3:41am On Mar 09, 2010
ayettymama:

yes pataki u are bless cool cool
kiss
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by ayettymama(f): 3:41am On Mar 09, 2010
chei

sagluva all i can say is u have to learn for urself

because ilove him ilove him is all ull be sayin

when he dumps u ull be cryin back for ur money

sorry

if he dumps u- almost inevitable the way it sounds

u sound quite naiive

i'd alreadi learnt most of lifes lessons by ur age!
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by ayettymama(f): 3:42am On Mar 09, 2010
Pataki:

kiss

jokes abeg

u neva answered my q's
this girl does she go to one of the top uni;s

or one of the yeye ones??
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Nobody: 3:43am On Mar 09, 2010
^^^ thatz what I've been saying, or trying to say grin Moderation is the key.

ayettymama:

are u his papa??

abi he no get papa??

fl exchange the word sweet for foolish

idc if she has the money a man isnt what she should be spending it on!!

look at it this way

if u gave your daughter alot of money would u want her to
A-spend it on sweets

B- spend it on a man

or C spend it on herself??
If you have enough to spend on both you and him why not?

If he asks you to help "both of you" [like pay for the restaurant bill] and you say you dont have the money, its okay if he doesnt fuss. But then 20 mins later you call him to tell him "OMG, I just bought the most gorgeous dress at the mall just right now", what do you expect him to do? Not fuss?

Thatz being greedy and selfish. And a lot of women do it more often in order to defend themselves from being used.

There's a different between defense and stinginess [aka selfishness]. I hope we all can differentiate between the two lol
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Nobody: 3:44am On Mar 09, 2010
sagluva:

how come i cant qoute on here? i dont see the qoute button on my page
@fl gators i am 19 and he is 22
ehrrm darling, where did you get the gift money and money for car?
Arent you in school too? undecided

Quote button is on the far right corner [after clicking REPLY button]
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Pataki: 3:45am On Mar 09, 2010
ayettymama:

jokes abeg

u neva answered my q's
this girl does she go to one of the top uni;s

or one of the yeye ones??
Are you trying to source her out? shocked grin Me mates and I, do not talk to yeye girls whatsoever. wink

She goes to a top Uni, lives in the West-endz of London in her own flat. Or is she your sister? tongue grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by chic2pimp(m): 3:46am On Mar 09, 2010
There is absolutely nothing wrong in spending on your Man(especially if he deserves it).
In Naija they might but where I stay this kinda stuff happens all the time.
Men spend on women so why shouldn't women spend on men.
And what's this bull about a real man not accepting it? undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by sagluva(f): 3:48am On Mar 09, 2010
@ Fl gators yea i'm in college. i get weekly allowances from my parents
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by H2O2: 3:48am On Mar 09, 2010
chic2pimp:

dem niggaz is from the cave son
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Nobody: 3:48am On Mar 09, 2010
chic2pimp:

There is absolutely nothing wrong in spending on your Man(especially if he deserves it).
In Naija they might but where I stay this kinda stuff happens all the time.
Men spend on women so why shouldn't women spend on men.

. . . . from the p[i]im[/i]pz mouth. Of course you wont see any wrong in it. Mo jeri e grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by ayettymama(f): 3:49am On Mar 09, 2010
the minute i transfer money into my daughters acc
this is the text that will accompany it;

hey dear just wired u money

thunder fire ur mouth if u spend it on any yeye guy!!

i must see the georgous dresses  u buy with it!!

xoxo mommy!!!

Pataki:

Are you trying to source her out? shocked grin Me mates and I, do not talk to yeye girls whatsoever. wink

She goes to a top Uni, lives in the West-endz of London in her own flat. Or is she your sister? tongue grin

Gooooood Forrrrbid

naa my sista will neva take £600 to the club!|!

we not that independant!! we still follow the boys small small

please please tell me what uni she goes

pls i beg u
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by chika98: 3:50am On Mar 09, 2010
who is entering club with 600quid? Me I want to tag along to that club o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do African Guys Like Marrying/dating African-american Gals So Much? / Is This Lady Interested In Me? / Street Food Competition Offers Food Vendors Platform To Showcase Their Talents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.