Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow (30964 Views)

3 Important Relationship Lessons I Wish I Learnt As A Young Man / 8 Important Sis Code Every Lady Must Follow / Very Important Relationship Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by FitnessDoctor: 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2017
Evaberry:
I've never been a fan of relationships because most people don't understand what relationships are about

There are no rules to relationships because it's not formal and shouldn't be treated as such.

when two People really want each other, everything will come naturally to them, they will know what to do, how to do it and when to do it.

If you have never been a fan, it means you have never been in a relationship and if you have never been in a relationship then how can you know what it consists of.
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by FitnessDoctor: 10:42pm On Oct 06, 2017
sdkalu:
Add communication to the list.

That is No.4, for you to know a lot about your partner, you would need to communicate very well with him

1 Like

Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by eebruboss(m): 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2017
Let's hear it..
Goandie:

you av a point, the rules are just want will end a relationship fast coz pple don't keep to rules no mata wat.
but to have a successful relationship you just need 3things and if i tell you love is not part of it, will you believe mi
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 06, 2017
stano2:
No rules, I repeat no rules so u don't get disappointed.
All the relationships I've been into, I'm not perfect but I wasn't at fault unless being broke at some point is fault.
I don't take that shit serious, I do my part to make it work, if u ain't doing ur part.. Off u go.. . No time.
Same with me o, I cannor come and kee myself, if it doesn't work out which of course can never be my fault, pssst life goes on.
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by FitnessDoctor: 10:47pm On Oct 06, 2017
MaritzaNL:
Same with me o, I cannor come and kee myself, if it doesn't work out which of course can never be my fault, pssst life goes on.
These are not actually rules, just imagine a situation where you have to date a guy, you must first be in love or like with him before you can date him. Now that is not like a rule, but without liking or loving him you can't date him.

That is the same thing I am saying, why not give it a try since it seems you are single
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 06, 2017
what do people do in relationship's? please I need answers.
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by Augustap(f): 10:58pm On Oct 06, 2017
Relationships don't need rules to survive. When people are truly in love with each other, every other thing comes naturally
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by Goandie: 11:05pm On Oct 06, 2017
eebruboss:
Let's hear it..

1 understanding which as a lot of
branches (i) comprehensiveness
(ii) tolerance
(iii) intelligent

2 Meekness as is own branches 2 which are
(i) humility
(ii) patient
(iii) self abasement

the 3rd one is the easiest u can figure that out for mi.
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by FitnessDoctor: 11:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
Amarabae, I was hoping to get your input on this since you are married already... please
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by janefrancisca(f): 11:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
Flashh:
When you have the money and car(s), she would apply these rules herself, without minding if you do same.

Money would make the rules for ya.
If money makes relationships work, why is the rate of divorce and breakup more prevalent among the rich folks? "Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail". So don't go thinking all u need is cars and money, u will only end up jinxing yaself.

1 Like

Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by FitnessDoctor: 11:38pm On Oct 06, 2017
janefrancisca:
If money makes relationships work, why is the rate of divorce and breakup more prevalent among the rich folks? "Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail". So don't go thinking all u need is cars and money, u will only end up jinxing yaself.

A round of applause to you miss
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by wickyyolo: 12:35am On Oct 07, 2017
justscorchone:
This only applies if you are dating a foreign girl.relationships with naija girl na freestyle things.no manual.

Fact!
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by chuks34(m): 12:51am On Oct 07, 2017
Flashh:
When you have the money and car(s), she would apply these rules herself, without minding if you do same.

Is money really everything
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by ufuosman(m): 12:58am On Oct 07, 2017
Nice one
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by lenghtinny(m): 2:56am On Oct 07, 2017
janefrancisca:
I just tire for them...

You can only use money to attract Hoes and opportunists not true love

1 Like

Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by seejay80s: 4:21am On Oct 07, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
Hello, guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

No relationship comes with an instruction manual (although your parents are your natural instruction manual) and that is why most people are having it wrong. Being in a relationship is more than just about love (emotions) because emotions will definitely change under harsh conditions. Loving something who you don't know anything about or is not related to you in any way is a very big step that should be taken seriously.

So sit back and let your favorite health blogger dish some rules you should think about when in a relationship.

Now, One rule you matured men and women, and teenage boys and girls break in relationships is that no matter the quarrel, the fight, the war, you should never ever suggest a breakup (that is when you still see a future with him/her and not when you are being pounded to death)...

Here are 4 important relationships rules you must follow

1. Understanding Boundaries

Face it no matter how you much love her and she loves you, both of you will always have boundaries. How many of you have every shaved your girlfriend's pubic hair? None huh! you see that's the example of a boundary. There are might be more and that depends on you. The job of both parties is to understand each other's boundaries and respect it, also give time for both boundaries to be open up. The fewer the boundaries the higher the chance the relationship would survive.

2. Understanding Emotions

Relationships are romantic, sweet and whatever (meaning there is a lot of emotions involved) now for all those men who they don't care about all that female drama. Sorry, you have to and so goes for women. Understanding his/her emotions doesn't mean playing love and romance and buying gifts or surprising her sometimes or even being the best in bed.

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

It is about studying the person you are dealing with (it takes time but only those who are really in a relationship for commitment could give it a try), their reactions, behavior and trying to improve on their bad sides like a friend and a lover.

Don't believe that stuff that women say about you trying to change who they are.

3. Understand Your Position in the Relationship

Knowing your position and understanding it is two different things.

Ladies are meant to be submissive or equal depending on the relationship. Men are meant to be alpha, equal or submissive depending on the relationship, now knowing and understanding your position in a relationship would help lead to a better relationship.

Now Imagine a relationship which the lady is meant to be submissive and when they have a quarrel she hisses and walks out making the man feel lesser. So it is important to know your position in every relationship to prevent simple mistakes.

Note: Not in all relationships the lady is equal to the man.

4. Know A Lot About Your Partner

Information is power and in relationships, it is very important to avoid unexpected situations. When I say you should know a lot about your partner, I don't mean hunting down his exes, I mean going farther than just the stuff you guys talk about on dates and learning more about your partner.

This knowledge will give you an edge in your relationship helping you understand better who you are dealing with and the best way to deal with such a person.

So there you have it. Remember to choose wisely, even the best men have flaws.

Source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/10/relationship-rules.html
true
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 07, 2017
Above all ,know the purpose of the relationship

Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by AreaFada2: 7:28am On Oct 07, 2017
stano2:
All the relationships I've been into, I'm not perfect but I wasn't at fault unless being broke at some point is fault.
I don't take that shit serious, I do my part to make it work, if u ain't doing ur part.. Off u go.. . No time.

Ogbeni, being broke? Is there a bigger crime than that in Nigeria?
Why do you think people kidnap, do Ogun owo, pack money in any office they find themselves?
Not to be guilty of the "heinous crime of brokenness " grin
Nothing else counts in 9ja now. Nothing.
Funny though that it is not in any penal code.

But nobody needs to tell you. Life teaches everyone. You can love a girl to the moon and back but if no money to spend on her generously in her mind you are " not caring and not serious." Fact.
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by Ojuororun(m): 7:53am On Oct 07, 2017
sad ok
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by Tattooboy: 8:45am On Oct 07, 2017
Evaberry:

I've never been a fan of relationships because most people don't understand what relationships are about

There are no rules to relationships because it's not formal and shouldn't be treated as such.

when two People really want each other, everything will come naturally to them, they will know what to do, how to do it and when to do it.
pls don't make me like u.
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by Flashh: 9:12am On Oct 07, 2017
janefrancisca:
Yeah, as usual, if we talk about how girls love money, they will just want to find a naive way to tell money isn't it. I doubt if you will like to end up with a broke man. Stop deceiving yourself; you got my point. Stop acting like you don't.
chuks34:

Is money really everything
No! But it saves you the stress of these rules.
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by Uhomanbulus110(f): 9:47am On Oct 07, 2017
Niceone in everyrelationship there must be trust and Understanding for the relationship to work out well
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by janefrancisca(f): 10:29am On Oct 07, 2017
Flashh:
Yeah, as usual, if we talk about how girls love money, they will just want to find a naive way to tell money isn't it. I doubt if you will like to end up with a broke man. Stop deceiving yourself; you got my point. Stop acting like you don't.No! But it saves you the stress of these rules.
wink Yeah...I won't like to end up with a broke man with no thirst for success and growth, but gimme a broke man with overpowering ambitions and goals and see us build an empire. You have forgotten the bible calls me a helper in Gen 2 vs 18?.
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by beautydutch(f): 10:31am On Oct 07, 2017
Evaberry:

oshey! u nailed it
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by gentlegenius(m): 10:36am On Oct 07, 2017
Flashh:

To some extent, you are right.
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by gentlegenius(m): 11:00am On Oct 07, 2017
stano2:
I share your sentiments... That's why I always tell any girl I date that if the relationship will crash someday, she'll be the cause and not me. So far, this has come true in my last 3 relationships. That's why none of my ex can blame me for the collapse of our relationship. I simply do my best to move it forward and leave the rest to her. If she doesn't play her part well, I won't push her into it neither will i hang on any longer.
But right now, I find myself in a situation whereby the girl I love and see as my future wife isn't playing her part to move the relationship to the next level and yet, I still have good reasons to hang on. I don't know if you have ever been in such a situation.
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by Flashh: 12:28pm On Oct 07, 2017
janefrancisca:
wink Yeah...I won't like to end up with a broke man with no thirst for success and growth, but gimme a broke man with overpowering ambitions and goals and see us build an empire. You have forgotten the bible calls me a helper in Gen 2 vs 18?.
#Yawn. Easier said than prove.

Btw, can we build the empire together? cool
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by janefrancisca(f): 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2017
Flashh:
#Yawn. Easier said than prove.

Btw, can we build the empire together? cool
How can we build an empire when you don't even trust my capabilities grin
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by Flashh: 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2017
janefrancisca:
How can we build an empire when you don't even trust my capabilities grin
A lady hardly gains my trust in this miscellaneous. When you prove me wrong, I will like you more for it. smiley
Re: 4 Important Relationship Rules You Must Follow by janefrancisca(f): 1:25pm On Oct 07, 2017
Flashh:
A lady hardly gains my trust in this miscellaneous. When you prove me wrong, I will like you more for it. smiley
smiley...No wahala, do u have #50, let me turn it to 500 shocked...that's enough proof na bah embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘I Never Touched Her Mother’, Man Denies Lady Claiming Him As Father / Sex Before Marriage Or Sex After Marriage? / Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.