Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road (23929 Views)

Update On Mile2-apapa Road Construction - Exclusive Images / Governor Sanwo-olu Visits The Failed Portion Of The Mile-2-apapa Expressway(pix) / The Present State Of Apapa Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by seguno2: 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2017
Opakan2:
Well.. those 419ers as you call them are trying their possible best to fix the roads and also compel FG to open up other ports.

Only Dangote deemed it fit to fix the road. Left to igbo businessmen, the entire road can rot away so far they keep moving their goods in and out freely.

Now that Lagos government has closed the road, let's see who will suffer it most

Why don't you find out how much 10 year tax relief is compared to the cost of repairing the road before exposing your tribal bigotry in public.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2017
Opakan2:
But GEJ and his Igbo backbones saw it all yet did nothing.

We keep saying it.. Govt. should reduce pressure on Lagos roads, open up ports in other places so Lagos won't be too congested.

Even the special status for Lagos bill was fought to a stand still by some beings who contribute nothing but import and ship in just about anything from China. Traitors!!
as one igbo guy did bring in tstv, u no hapi abi?

1 Like

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by juman(m): 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2017
See!

One nigeria is waste of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by humilitypays(m): 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2017
DeRay98:

My friend, these are federal roads that Obasanjo refused to work in other to frustrate Tinubu.
Jonathan didn't do anything about them so stop this anger bust up against Fashola.
‎Okay lets assume you are correct with your claims, now the government is in the hand of Lagos; Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fashola and APC, so why has Fashola not done anything about it still Maybe because Obasanjo told Goodluck to tell Buhari not to mend the road so that Igbos that import goods wont be able to carry their goods right Lol

My friend not only this road, but majority of inter-city roads and street roads in Lagos are death traps and have been abandoned by Lagos government.

Believe me, black man is a mad man! Black people have a fundamental problem that only God and time can solve.

We travel to Europe, America, Canada, Australia, Arab countries, China, etc and we enjoy the awesome paved and tiled road networks, even street roads, we admire them and wish to live there but we come back home and loot the money meant for constructing our own roads to look manageable, and still Nigerian youths dont see anything bad in it....instead they defend these old criminals stealing their future away!

Tinubu gets share of every Lagos Local Government allocation...how do u expect Lagos street roads to be constructed

Black man is a mad man!! From their presidents, to their senators, governors, ministers and even the citizense‎, its sad angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by khalids: 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2017
MrBigiman:

I guess the road is not in His state?, and I guess the traffic congestion and destruction of vehicles does not affect the people he governs?, and I guess the average pedestrian and citizen knows the difference between Federal and State road? After answering these questions in ur minds, kneel down, raise up ur hand and close ur eyes.

Your just a big dummy.....you obviously have no idea about separation of power, do you think you can just go and start work on a federal road without federal government approval....and you think the Lagos state house of assembly will also sign off on a federal project when they have so many state projects to do....where will the funding come from

You lack understanding.....your questions should be channeled to Fashola, who is minister for works and under who's portfolio the road falls....

Governance requires following due process, its not market politics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2017
Show this to Ambode even if it's federal.
Southeast roads are perhaps the worst nationwide.
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by humilitypays(m): 3:43pm On Oct 07, 2017
jomoh:

And you just displayed your ignorance on a public forum in the name of being politically correct.

That road is a federal road.

The money from the ports goes to the federal government and not APC state government.

The federal government distributes the money between the 36states of the federation. Why can't the whole 36 states shout to the FG.

It is the second highest earner of revenues for the whole country after oil.

PDP was in power for 16years and never bothered to even renovate the road let alone reconstruct.

Why should Lagos state spend its own resources on a road that generates revenue for the whole country? But then APC under fasola made attempts to do the road around 2012 but the federal (PDP) stopped him for political reasons.

When we say PDP was a curse to the country that they destroyed this country beyond imagination, this is what we mean.

APC in federal has made attempts at reconstructing it but the PDP wolfs in APC's sheep clothing in the senate refused to approve the funding.

Again Fasola has outmaneuvered them. These are some of the numerous mess that this government has been battling with.

Hey! I know its a Federal Road. I am not saying Ambode should mend Oshodi-Apapa expressway....i am blaming Fashola...and then I digressed to also address the bad state of Lagos inter-city roads and street roads under Ambode and his Local Government chairmen.

Black man is a mad man! If not for white people, we blacks would have been living like animals, so shameful we can't govern ourselves to greatness, so shameful‎ angry

2 Likes

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by bobbymishark(m): 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2017
nghubs1:
A Facebook post by Asimegbe Dominic has caught the attention of NAIJACARLOVERS after he posted a picture revealing the deteriorating nature of the Mile2 APAPA roads in Lagos state.

The Mile 2 APAPA roads connects the nation’s major seaport in Apapa and the ever-busy Murtala Muhammed International Airport, is crucial to the country’s economy.

Recall that the Minister for Power, Works and Housing Babatunde Fashola had in June 2017 said that the Federal Government and Dangote flour mill signed a N4.3 billion Memorandum of Understanding to reconstruct the alleged road.

See photos below

http://naijacarlovers.com/index.php/2017/10/07/the-deteriorating-nature-of-mile-2-apapa-road/
that 1st picture is even old....another truck with a container fell on it. Very bad road

1 Like

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by marisdgreat(f): 3:48pm On Oct 07, 2017
those places r tincan, trinity n westminister
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Ojuororun(m): 3:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
SWORD419:
This one na small na, visit potor republic, mile 2 pipu will thank God.
abi o cheesy
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by brojoshua: 3:56pm On Oct 07, 2017
A corrupt country is a doomed country and a corrupt people is a doomed people
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 07, 2017
jomoh:

And you just displayed your ignorance on a public forum in the name of being politically correct.

That road is a federal road.

The money from the ports goes to the federal government and not APC state government.

The federal government distributes the money between the 36states of the federation. Why can't the whole 36 states shout to the FG.

It is the second highest earner of revenues for the whole country after oil.

PDP was in power for 16years and never bothered to even renovate the road let alone reconstruct.

Why should Lagos state spend its own resources on a road that generates revenue for the whole country? But then APC under fasola made attempts to do the road around 2012 but the federal (PDP) stopped him for political reasons.

When we say PDP was a curse to the country that they destroyed this country beyond imagination, this is what we mean.

APC in federal has made attempts at reconstructing it but the [b]PDP wolfs in APC's sheep [/b]clothing in the senate refused to approve the funding.

Again Fasola has outmaneuvered them. These are some of the numerous mess that this government has been battling with.

The bold statement shows how shallow you are.Continue to blame PDP and don't take responsibility.
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Dontripsy(m): 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2017
come and see Lagos-Abeokuta exp.
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Ojuororun(m): 4:00pm On Oct 07, 2017
kokan:
May God help us in this country ooo
AMIN O
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by skptricks: 4:00pm On Oct 07, 2017
Road is not good enough. www.skptricks.com
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by dozymars(m): 4:07pm On Oct 07, 2017
Anytime I go through this area, I can't but wonder if we have leaders.

It has been like this for many years.
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by ztanleechima(m): 4:09pm On Oct 07, 2017
Come To Aba.
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by jomoh: 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2017
humilitypays:
Hey! I know its a Federal Road. I am not saying Ambode should mend Oshodi-Apapa expressway....i am blaming Fashola...and then I digressed to also address the bad state of Lagos inter-city roads and street roads under Ambode and his Local Government chairmen.

Black man is a mad man! If not for white people, we blacks would have been living like animals, so shameful we can't govern ourselves to greatness, so shameful‎ angry

Fasola is totally blameless cos he actually started the reconstruction in 2012 but was stopped by the then FG under GEJ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by GavelSlam: 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2017
seguno2:

Is the airport road a state road?
Please take your own advice first.

Maybe he should takeover the role of federal government then.

Just because a man decides to relive one of a burden doesn't mean you transfer all your worries to him
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by redsun(m): 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2017
khalids:

Get some sense...thats a federal road....Ambode gat no business there....

Lagos as a city will benefit if he can stop thinking of imaginary federal government and do something to make that road motorable. That is the heart of the nation's basket and it is really beyond imagination to see that road like that. It shows that nigeria is sick to the core and that the people in charge are completely oblivious of what drives a functional economy.
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by jomoh: 4:18pm On Oct 07, 2017
Calmpoacher:
The bold statement shows how shallow you are.Continue to blame PDP and don't take responsibility.

You are the narrow minded here

If you don't recognize where you're coming from you cannot know where you're going to.

I still make bold to say that anyone that blames that road in this government is a fool of the highest order.

Fasola has included the road in his plans so you or anyone have nothing on this government as to that road. If anyone will blame the Fasola's government(past) on this mess then they should able to recognize the PAST of the APC party members.

Talking about taking responsibility. You don't take responsibility for what you have no hand in not especially something you made practical attempt to change. That will be liability.

Learn your English before replying my comment.

It is convenient for you fools to blame Lagos state government for federal roads in the state but you forget that you have state government in your own states when it comes to Second Niger bridge. Useless set of ingrates.
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by MrBigiman: 4:20pm On Oct 07, 2017
khalids:

Your just a big dummy.....you obviously have no idea about separation of power, do you think you can just go and start work on a federal road without federal government approval....and you think the Lagos state house of assembly will also sign off on a federal project when they have so many state projects to do....where will the funding come from

You lack understanding.....your questions should be channeled to Fashola, who is minister for works and under who's portfolio the road falls....

Governance requires following due process, its not market politics

U can't answer those questions yet u use verbose terms with no real meaning. Why is Ambode fixing the Orile express, why is He repairing the express connecting Epe with Ogun State, what of his plans for Lekki Express?, are all these not Federal Roads. Oshodi may be a low resource area of Lagos, but it deserves as much priority as the other Roads mentioned. I know my onions and I guess I am aware of internal politics more than u are. He can get the populace and elites to vote for him. Adding Ibeju Lekki and Epe to the power grid and fixing the roads means his people will vote massively for him, then he can give arms, stipends and T-shirts to the touts in Mushin and Oshodi to Kill their conscience and have them vote for him. The hustle is real but the truth must and will be told.
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Kingspin(m): 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2017
Some states have worst than this I guaranty you that.. .. Sorry Nigeria
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by popizaino(m): 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2017
collinometricx:
this is nothing compared to Benin -ekpoma federal high way... as in that road is a dead trap
like say you know wetin dey my mind.
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by collinometricx: 4:29pm On Oct 07, 2017
Kingspin:
Some states have worst than this I guaranty you that.. .. Sorry Nigeria
in edo state

popizaino:
like say you know wetin dey my mind.
the only difference btw dat road and Libya road ehhh
na d river
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by desmond2pk: 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2017
Fashola tinubu thought with if they got hold of the federal money, they could fix everything in a week, thus the propaganda and everyday criticism of Jonathan govt
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2017
Shame on federal govt of d North
Shame on antisouth people congress
Shame on buhari
Shame on hausafulani
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Soulsymbol99: 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2017
And I ask why is it only the lagos port that is the most functional undecided see it as a deliberate act by yorubas to keep lagos enriched. Calabar n porthacourt don't get much attention /traffic.
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2017
Adadioranma79:
Same road Dangote has taken up the responsibility to rehabilitate, I'm guessing work ll commence soon on it. Earned him 3years tax relief.
i like you thick girl.
Real men eat flash not bone.

1 Like

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2017
humilitypays:
‎Seriously, Fashola and the entire APC party need to bury their heads in shame. They thought leadership is by negative news, lies and propaganda.

Apapa-Oshodi Expressway is an eyesore to Nigeria's image. What a shame!

Also major roads in Lagos connecting streets and major cities in Lagos are nothing to write home about. Lagos is deteriorating deep inside but they keep painting it so perfect when street roads, inter-L.G.A roads are death-traps!

Even though some roads are for Local governments to construct, Governor Ambode should not abandon them....he should persuade Local Government Chairmen to work on their L.G.A roads and street roads.

Lagos is becoming a mega city and is now the economic center of Nigeria and West Africa, the bad state of Lagos roads; especially roads around Oshodi, Isolo is really speaking bad of Lagos government.

Ambode wake up o....‎

Black man is a mad man! If not for white people, we blacks would have been living like animals, so shameful we can't govern ourselves to greatness, so shameful we cant make our homeland to look cute and organized‎ angry

You're the big fool : GEJ government did mile 2 to cele leaving the bad portion of berger to apapa for political point now you want to nail fashola.

OK let's even assume GEJ fixed so what then went wrong in 2years?

1 Like

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Btruth: 4:42pm On Oct 07, 2017
.....for we exporters in the country and especially that have our goods going through Lagos ports.

OYO is our case.
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by frankpro27(m): 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2017
Bolustical:
Difference between the SW and a particular region, no single trace of red potor potor.

Wats special about black potopoto. SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 Presidency: Suspension Hits Ohanaeze Over Atiku / El-rufai: Some Jonathan Appointees Were Replaced After My Memo / EFCC, Interpol Fail To Arrest Ayodele Oke And Wife, 15 Months After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.