Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. (2372 Views)

Wedding Pictures Of Nairaland's Mrofficer / Pre-wedding Pictures Of Nairaland Forum Members / A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 07, 2017
So I was talking with a friend about nairaland and she revealed to me that she was an active nairalander back in the day. She has refused to reveal her username though. When I asked her why she isnt active anymore she said she didn't like the way the forum has evolved, that the forum has grown too immature for her. When I asked her to explain further this was exactly what she said word for word.

2005 - 2008 - Nairaland's active members were Nigerians who lived in the diaspora and their were lots of intelligent, honest & mature conversations, and these conversations were geared towards hooking up and making friends.

2009 - 2012 - Nairaland's active members were mature single and married people in their late 20s and 30s. This was when Nairaland became a family. Lots of useful networking & lasting friendships were formed.

2013 - 2015 - Nairaland's active members were youths in the universities mostly late teens and early twenties. According to her this was the time Nairaland content started decreasing in quality and childish & vain behavior was now rampant. She also said lots of mature users who were active before started becoming inactive during this period.

2016 till date - Nairaland's active members are Jambites, teenagers and unserious undergraduates. The mature minds have been pushed to family and politics section and content is at it's lowest low

What do you think about my friend's analysis lol. Is she correct?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by IamSINZ(m): 5:39pm On Oct 07, 2017
Sholaqe:
So I was talking with a friend about nairaland and she revealed to me that she was an active nairalander back in the day. She has refused to reveal her username though. When I asked her why she isnt active anymore she said she didn't like the way the forum has evolved, that the forum has grown too immature for her. When I asked her to explain further this was exactly what she said word for word.

2005 - 2008 - Nairaland's active members were Nigerians who lived in the diaspora and their were lots of intelligent, honest & mature conversations, and these conversations were geared towards hooking up and making friends.

2009 - 2012 - Nairaland's active members were mature single and married people in their late 20s and 30s. This was when Nairaland became a family. Lots of useful networking & lasting friendships were formed.

2013 - 2015 - Nairaland's active members were youths in the universities mostly late teens and early twenties. According to her this was the time Nairaland content started decreasing in quality and childish & vain behavior was now rampant. She also said lots of mature users who were active before started becoming inactive during this period.

2016 till date - Nairaland's active members are Jambites, teenagers and unserious undergraduates. The mature minds have been pushed to family and politics section and content is at it's lowest low

What do you think about my friend's analysis lol. Is she correct?

4 Likes

Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by kay29000(m): 5:42pm On Oct 07, 2017
She missed out the part when Nairaland became a haven for tribalists. That started around 2015.

6 Likes

Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by adajoe555: 5:42pm On Oct 07, 2017
Good
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2017
[quote author=IamSINZ post=61198092][/quote] so you agree with my friend?
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by makydebbie(f): 6:42pm On Oct 07, 2017
Lol. "my friend" most used facade. Anyways, whoever isn't far from the truth. Forgot to add, 98% of male nlders are hypocrites.

3 Likes

Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Khutie: 6:43pm On Oct 07, 2017
•••She missed owt on the part where Nairaland turn owt to be a dumping ground for cleavages and hoES grin

6 Likes

Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Khutie: 6:44pm On Oct 07, 2017
makydebbie:
Lol. "my friend" most used facade.
•••No mind am! She don forgeh xay our mumu don do! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by dollyjoy(f): 6:46pm On Oct 07, 2017
Sholaqe:
so you agree with my friend?
Which category are you

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Khutie: 6:47pm On Oct 07, 2017
dollyjoy:
Which category are you
•••Dolly is back!!!!
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by dollyjoy(f): 6:48pm On Oct 07, 2017
Khutie:
•••Dolly is back!!!!
Hi boo
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by makydebbie(f): 6:48pm On Oct 07, 2017
Khutie:

Lol abi. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 07, 2017
Khutie:
•••She missed owt on the part where Nairaland turn owt to be a dumping ground for cleavages and hoES grin
Like you dont like dem hoes and their cleavages! angry
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 07, 2017
Khutie:

Who are the our?hope i am not among the our?buhahahahahaha you so funny.
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Khutie: 6:50pm On Oct 07, 2017
dollyjoy:
Hi boo
•••Where have yhu been? Was about to send owt search party.
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by IamLEGEND1: 6:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
Sholaqe:

Tell your 'FRIEND' to shut_the_fuck up and take a seat.
How did she come to know so much if she hasn't been active in years? Anyone with half a brain knows politics section is filled to the neck with dumb_mothafukaz.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Khutie: 6:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
makydebbie:
Lol abi. grin grin grin
•••Na xo... Hows Ghana today?
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by dollyjoy(f): 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2017
Khutie:

•••Where have yhu been?
Was about to send owt search party.
Aaaaaw, that's so thoughtful of you.

Was going through a lot. Hope you are good
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Khutie: 6:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
Prettythicksmi:
Like you dont like dem hoes and their cleavages! angry
•••Nah hun'... I prefer my sleep. grin

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by makydebbie(f): 6:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
Khutie:

•••Na xo... Hows Ghana today?
Fine I guess, your side?
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Khutie: 6:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
dollyjoy:
Aaaaaw, that's so thoughtful of you.
Was going through a lot. Hope you are good
•••Awww...hope yhu've sorted yasef owt? Am fine BTW
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by dollyjoy(f): 6:55pm On Oct 07, 2017
Khutie:
•••Awww...hope yhu've sorted yasef owt? Am fine BTW
Lol, yeah.

Alright, stay safe.
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Khutie: 6:56pm On Oct 07, 2017
makydebbie:
Fine I guess, your side?
•••Yhu already know how fvcked up over here is, could have been better buh we thank God.
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by makydebbie(f): 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2017
Khutie:

•••Yhu already know how fvcked up over here is, could have been better buh we thank God.
We should rather pray our life story gets juicy. It'll be better someday. wink
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Oyindidi(f): 7:15pm On Oct 07, 2017
dollyjoy:
Lol, yeah.

Alright, stay safe.
Baby Joy
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by UyiIredia(m): 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2017
Fairly accurate. Nowadays I hang around on Quora but you know oyibo now their liberal views and softy attitude can be an issue. Social media don tire me sef I should meet real people.
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by RoyalBlak007: 7:26pm On Oct 07, 2017
♤i dont
♤care
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 07, 2017
makydebbie:
Lol. "my friend" most used facade. Anyways, whoever is far from the truth. Forgot to had, 98% of male nlders are hypocrites.
yeah...true, they forgot to had it.

Loud mouth.

3 Likes

Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by cKing1000(f): 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2017
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Lalas247(f): 7:45pm On Oct 07, 2017
Some truth..... she mainly focus on particular section
So not entirely accurate ... but pre 2015 topics and threads made more sense ..
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Khutie: 7:48pm On Oct 07, 2017
makydebbie:
We should rather pray our life story gets juicy. It'll be better someday. wink
•••I'll always put that as prayer point hun'... wink
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by makydebbie(f): 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2017
Khutie:

•••I'll always put that as prayer point hun'... wink
Sure, see you around. wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hiv Alert! I've Infected 6, 194 More Men To Go- Lady Brags Online(photos) / Bridal Train Steps Out In Waist Coat And Tie for Wedding / Babcock Sex Tap... Official Letter From The School...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.