Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,886 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:38 AM

Miscarriage In Pregnancy: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Prevention - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Miscarriage In Pregnancy: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Prevention (2515 Views)

Back Pain During Pregnancy: Causes And Treatment / My Challenges With Rhesus Factor In Pregnancy And How I Overcame It / Colon Cancer Is Dangerous, Know Causes And Prevention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Miscarriage In Pregnancy: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Prevention by ukemeumoh: 11:41pm On Oct 07, 2017
Miscarriage also known as spontaneous abortion, is the loss of fetus before the 20th week of pregnancy.

According to the March of Dimes, as many as 50% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage — most at times before a woman misses a menstrual period or even knows she is pregnant.

Almost 80% of miscarriages occur within the range of first three months of pregnancy and are less likely to occur after 20 weeks of gestation

Causes of Miscarriage

Most miscarriages occurs when the unborn baby has fatal genetic problems. these problems are most likely not unrelated to the mother.

Other causes of miscarriage include:

Cervical insufficiency
Physical problems in the mother. e.g due to stress or trauma
Uterine abnormalities
Infection
Medical conditions in the mother, such as diabetes or thyroid disease.
Hormone problems
Immune system responses
read more>>>>>>https://www.medicalworldexpert.com/miscarriage-pregnancy-causes-symptoms-diagnosis-and-prevention/

(1) (Reply)

Are All The Nigerian Trained Doctors Really Doing Well Abroad?? / Pastor Adeboye- God Has Revealed Those That Will Die To Me During This Covid19 / Severe Internal Headache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.