Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede (40127 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: Mikel, Ighalo, Ekong, Balogun, Ndidi, Iheanacho Arrived Camp / Gernot Rohr Releases Eagles' Squad For Nigeria Vs Zambia Match (See Full List) / Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by emma321(m): 7:13am On Oct 08, 2017
The incident happened while football fans were trying to enter the stadium during the World Cup qualifier against Zambia.

The fans were allegedly beaten by soldiers at the gates of the stadium with heavy sticks.

According to Punch, the stampede occurred as the crowd tried to avoid the soldiers’ sticks.

The newspaper reports that bloodstains were around the gate of the stadium, while policemen and personnel of the Federal Road Safety Corps were seen standing beside some unconscious fans.

Some of the fans claimed they escaped death by the whiskers.

A female fan, Aniema Ekong, said, “I thank God that I’m alive. This is not the first time this kind of incident had occurred. In fact, in every major tournament, there is always a tale of woes to tell about security agents injuring or killing people.”

Another fan who identified himself as Chukwudi, said his girlfriend was severely injured by the security personnel manning the gate.

He said, “I don’t know why there is always trouble in this stadium.”

Ambulances were seen conveying injured persons to the hospital.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Elkana Bala, however, claimed that no one died.

He told the newspaper, “It is confirmed that nobody died. But some persons were injured while struggling to gain access into the stadium. The injured persons were taken to hospital for medical attention.”

Photos: http://anstalk.com/nigeria-vs-zambia-five-feared-dead-scores-injured-stadium-stampede/

lalasticlala

2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by MaestroID(m): 7:14am On Oct 08, 2017
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by WowSweetGuy(m): 7:20am On Oct 08, 2017
Nigerians are easily treated like animals by these bloody sojas...I think its time sojas should be caught and beaten at corners nationwide to inflict fear on them so they start acting right.

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by LordIsaac(m): 7:22am On Oct 08, 2017
Africa!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by kcy(m): 7:35am On Oct 08, 2017
misleading topic

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by Tolexander: 7:38am On Oct 08, 2017
He told the newspaper, “It is confirmed that nobody died. But some persons were injured while struggling to gain access into the stadium. The injured persons were taken to hospital for medical attention.”
Why the misleading caption?

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by potent5(m): 8:01am On Oct 08, 2017
The cabal is at it again. They want to give the stadium a bad so they can move super Eagles 'home' to kaduna. Otherwise, why would soldiers stay at the gates to beat fans? Are the fans terrorists too?

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by rebirthiix: 9:34am On Oct 08, 2017
Hmm

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by obo389(m): 12:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
Which other news platform reported this? All these bloggers sef angry

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by kcy(m): 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2017
potent5:
The cabal is at it again. They want to give the stadium a bad so they can move super Eagles 'home' to kaduna. Otherwise, why would soldiers stay at the gates to beat fans? Are the fans terrorists too?
yr brain has been fixed to fake news

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by kay29000(m): 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
But there is no proof anybody died?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by rozayx5(m): 1:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
Na waob

I noticed an unusual influx of people around 5pm into the stadium

I knew a stampede must. Have taken place outside

shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by Leakdaddy: 1:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nice1
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by cerowo(f): 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
Why did op say otherwise undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by HPS3(m): 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
These useless bloggers and their lies sha undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by ayourbamie: 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
Bloggers! And the MOD moved this to FP? It is finished

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by admissionrunz: 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
soldiers again?
God help us all in this country Amen
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by Antoinemercer: 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
I smell lies
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by Austema(m): 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
Even if the statdium is at the back of my house I rather follow it online than to go in, because in Nigeria anything can happen

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by toyinjimoh(m): 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
How tru is dis? Fake
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by MrMcJay(m): 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
Using soldiers for crowd control?

That's extremely ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by jakD: 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
Anyway, if this isn't truly falsity, then I don't blame those soldiers. Nigerians at times behave like animals, they wouldn't want to be patient, therefore resulting to a free-for-all. Those soldiers wouldn't have resulted to beating them without any cause. Find out sincerely what happened and you'll know those soldiers weren't faulty.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
WowSweetGuy:
Nigerians are easily treated like animals by these bloody sojas...I think its time sojas should be caught and beaten at corners nationwide to inflict fear on them so they start acting right.

At the sight of a gun, every Nigerian says YES... SIR!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by jakD: 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
ROYALFIXED3001:

you can make it today
dont depend on anybody
be the boss of your own

If I actually saw it very well, that's 79 million. That's nice but you must be a complete fool. You have such amount but still dying to swindle little thousands from the masses. Go to hell dude!

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by jakD: 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
ROYALFIXED3001:
you can make it today dont depend on anybody be the boss of your own
Get out
ROYALFIXED3001:
you can make it today dont depend on anybody be the boss of your own
Get out

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by Boyooosa(m): 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
The more reason someone like me, don't like going to stadium to watch.
Even if it is small that they have left, soldiers should be able to use it now... Shuuuu!
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by holyokoto(m): 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
WowSweetGuy:

don't think act

you can start now
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by oshe11: 1:16pm On Oct 08, 2017
Eyaaaa
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by Banter1(m): 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
R.I.P
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by franudi: 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
Our soldiers are becoming very high handed these days and our government is keeping quiet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi Breaks Up With Clarisse, His Girlfriend? / Barcelona Dumps Neymar Pursuit / Achilles, The Psychic Cat Predicts Nigeria Will Beat Argentina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.