Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,848 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … (15094 Views)

Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate / How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 7:44am On Oct 21, 2017
milkymesh:

First of I,m no JW. I,m only concerned that complaining started because someone is shunned. The hypocrisy there is that the one shunning others today will complain when he is is shunned for whatever reason. This post and several by paulgrundy made to read up a lot of sites and blog post by ex-JW. Its nauseating to read because its all filled with bitterness because they where shunned.
I ask, did you not shunned someone when you where an active member?
Simply move on and make new friends. No one is threatening with imminent death like 9ja school cult.

Bitterness right? You still don't get it do you? If your parents siblings friends and relatives stop all communication with you because of a religion you now know is a scam, wouldn't you almost run mad?

You are under the influence of brainwashing when you
Shun others. Do not underestimate the power of brainwashing. A religion should never take an individuals number one social support just because the person no longer believes in it. This behavior is only associated with cult or high control groups.

They are all victims of circumstance and it is sad when your parents etc choose a religious sect over their blood. You can change friends but can't change family. Making new friends ain't easy either. The people who have woken up from watchtower organization have every right to show emotions because they are humans and not robots.

You become a robot and psychopath when you cut of contact with your loved ones and stop all form of communication with them because of an imaginary paradise earth is one of your leaders head. Milkymesh they have every right to be bitter and warn the unsuspecting masses about the damage joining watchtower cult can cause to families.
Everyone has rights you don't stop people from airing their views even if it's opposite what you believe. You can't force people to conform to your beliefs.

No jw witness can come to my door and spew thrash about paradise earth when I already know that most of them don't talk to their non believing relatives because their leaders have told them to do that. Their love is conditional
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Peacefullove: 1:03pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Still waiting for that passage where your lions and tigers will be eating grass and you will be petting panda in summer on paradise earth.

Why will you know the placE When you bring out only one phrase from a whole chapter and put all your hope on the phrase. Mtcheww still waiting for that passage

grin grin grin #Laughing hard#

.. my point has been made, LION EATING GRASS " Crap " is in the bible.

Whether na Paradise earth or heaven dem go eat the grass , that one na your problem.

oga since u are smart tell us if its heaven dem go eat the grass ? grin grin make I know if Animals and plant don dey die and go to heaven too ?

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by achorladey: 3:05pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

All this talk now is to enter Paradise earth smh. You that think shunning is Normal and a good thing to do to someone who doesn't want to practice your religion again.
I also heard that you people disfellowship people who have attempted suicide and shun them thereby worsening their depression. No wonder people are leaving your religion and you are afraid to print it out. Crappy organization, crappy doctrines, lunatic leaders and psychopath followers
Is that all
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2017
Peacefullove:

grin grin grin #Laughing hard#

.. my point has been made, LION EATING GRASS " Crap " is in the bible.

Whether na Paradise earth or heaven dem go eat the grass , that one na your problem.

oga since u are smart tell us if its heaven dem go eat the grass ? grin grin make I know if Animals and plant don dey die and go to heaven too ?

Still waiting for the passage that said lions and tigers will be eating grass and people will be petting pandas in summer forever and ever
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by rottennaija(m): 8:49pm On Oct 24, 2017
kjhova:
The big obstacle to the long term existence of the Jehovah's Witnesses as an organization is the doctrinal teaching that the generation of humans who witnessed the year 1914 shall not all die out before the events the apocalypse takes place. We are already 103 years since 1914 and in another 50 to 80 years' time, it will be harder to suggest that some 183 year's old doffus on a sick bed somewhere in Norway or Lesotho is the one delaying the end of the world.

The only escape from this doctrinal limitation is for the Watchtower folks up in Bethel to find a clever way to re-interprete this doctrine...and the sooner the better for them as JW is at the virge of atrophying into oblivion.

They had since change the interpretation. Have you not heard of overlapping generation doctrine?
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by rottennaija(m): 8:55pm On Oct 24, 2017
Peacefullove:

grin grin cold dey catch you ?

Now u don shift to paradise earth , I don't have any business with that ... my point has been made, LION EATING GRASS " Crap " is in the bible.

Whether na Paradise earth or heaven grin dem go eat the grass , that one na your problem.

but I think those who say its earth have better brain and are trying to be more logical .

oga since u are smart tell us if its heaven dem go eat the grass ?make I know if Animals and plant don dey die and go to heaven too ?

grin

Lol... Una funny.

Let me give you a tip to Bible reading. Context

Just that. Context. Without it, you will basically apply anything you see in the Bible to mean anything. That's where the organization has been failing. It is what has led to to many false prophecies and doctrine.

Read the place that speaks about lion eating grass again and serpent eating dust again. Read the whole chapter , not just the verse. When reading, try to forget everything you might have know about the place. You may learn something new.

Then too, Bible commentaries helps a lot. And there are so many online.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by kjhova(m): 9:24am On Oct 25, 2017
rottennaija:

They had since change the interpretation. Have you not heard of overlapping generation doctrine?

For real?? I have never heard it!

Please break it down for me as I have been very curious to see how JW could ever wriggle itself out of that doctrine!!
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by rottennaija(m): 10:49am On Oct 25, 2017
kjhova:

For real?? I have never heard it!

Please break it down for me as I have been very curious to see how JW could ever wriggle itself out of that doctrine!!

Lol... They had already. I'll send you a link.

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/generation.php

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/david-splane-explains-the-overlapping-generation-teaching-without-actually-explaining-it

1 Like

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Peacefullove: 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
rottennaija:

Lol... Una funny.

Let me give you a tip to Bible reading. Context

Just that. Context. Without it, you will basically apply anything you see in the Bible to mean anything. That's where the organization has been failing. It is what has led to to many false prophecies and doctrine.

Read the place that speaks about lion eating grass again and serpent eating dust again. Read the whole chapter , not just the verse. When reading, try to forget everything you might have know about the place. You may learn something new.

Then too, Bible commentaries helps a lot. And there are so many online.

Oga Ade, tell me what it means . I saw it live and direct in the Christian holy book that Lion will eat grass , Explain am .

hairyrapunzel could not deny such exist in his bible, that is why he keeps running in circles grin grin .

the tin is inside the Bible, so don't call Albino an Oyinbo for me .

if u get better knowledge, explain it to me . that will be much appreciated
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2017
They keep grumbling about family members shunning them. Aaron didn't grumble when God told him not to mourn his sons who violated his commands. Why were they told to shun you?..Are your fam members dumb ? That they follow instructions from humans?..Bruh..retrace your steps and get it right.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Bitterness right? You still don't get it do you? If your parents siblings friends and relatives stop all communication with you because of a religion you now know is a scam, wouldn't you almost run mad?

You are under the influence of brainwashing when you
Shun others. Do not underestimate the power of brainwashing. A religion should never take an individuals number one social support just because the person no longer believes in it. This behavior is only associated with cult or high control groups.

They are all victims of circumstance and it is sad when your parents etc choose a religious sect over their blood. You can change friends but can't change family. Making new friends ain't easy either. The people who have woken up from watchtower organization have every right to show emotions because they are humans and not robots.

You become a robot and psychopath when you cut of contact with your loved ones and stop all form of communication with them because of an imaginary paradise earth is one of your leaders head. Milkymesh they have every right to be bitter and warn the unsuspecting masses about the damage joining watchtower cult can cause to families.
Everyone has rights you don't stop people from airing their views even if it's opposite what you believe. You can't force people to conform to your beliefs.

No jw witness can come to my door and spew thrash about paradise earth when I already know that most of them don't talk to their non believing relatives because their leaders have told them to do that. Their love is conditional

If Jehovah told you to do something. .wouldn't you do it?
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2017
Himai:

If Jehovah told you to do something. .wouldn't you do it?

There is a difference between Jehovah telling you to do something and 7 imperfect old men in new York aka the governing body telling you to do something

Jehovah didn't tell you to refuse blood transfusion Nathan knorr told you so in 1945

Jehovah didn't tell you not to vote Rutherford did in 1926

Jehovah didn't tell you not to join the military Rutherford did i
Jehovah didn't tell you not to celebrate birthdays, Christmas, easter, new year, Thanksgiving etc Rutherford did
Jehovah didn't tell you to shun people Nathan knorr told you people
Jehovah didn't tell you that there is an overlapping generation 7 old men in new York did
Jehovah didn't tell you that the last days started in 1914 your leaders told you so
Jehovah didn't tell you that there is a paradise earth waiting for you your leaders told you so
Jehovah didn't tell you that he will save people only if they belong to an organization
Jehovah didn't tell you to set up judicial committees your leaders told you so
Jehovah didn't tell you that he will destroy all non jws in Armageddon your leaders told you so

I can keep on listing. At the end of the day you are just obeying your leaders

Jehovah will never tell me to stop talking to my brothers, sisters, mother, father, relatives and friends because they left my church. Well like I said I don't see why a religion would say its only the leaders their Jehovah talks to. Your religion is a big scam
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2017
Himai:
They keep grumbling about family members shunning them. Aaron didn't grumble when God told him not to mourn his sons who violated his commands. Why were they told to shun you?..Are your fam members dumb ? That they follow instructions from humans?..Bruh..retrace your steps and get it right.

You quote old testament when it supports your belief but when it doesn't you say its figurative.
All this for paradise earth which your leaders told you its going to be your real life and this life your fake life where you will be petting pandas in summer and your lions and tigers eating grass
You are mentally unstable and you need help. Well I keep saying is only mentally deranged people that will join your religion.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
Himai:

At least Aaron's sons were dead and God never said Aaron should treat his Sons when they were alive as if they were dead because they did not obey his commands. I don't know how your 7 old men in new York equate living people to dead people. I just don't understand.

Dead people don't know if they are mourned or not. You don't know that I see you as mentally deranged by trying to justify your actions by using Aaron's action on his dead sons as your biblical backing towards your action on your living relatives.

I don't know where in the Bible they said you should treat the disfellowshipped ones as dead people (shun)
And the worst part is you are trying to justify human cruelty by stating obvious fallacies. Rubbish religion saying people still alive are dead people because they didn't obey governing body's commandments.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Peacefullove: 4:14am On Oct 26, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Still waiting for the passage that said lions and tigers will be eating grass and people will be petting pandas in summer forever and ever

Seems u used sleeping pills not to see I have present where ur bible said Lion go eat grass grin grin

All I need from u is to tell me if na heaven Lions go eat d grass , don't run away from this grin grin grin
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 9:10am On Oct 26, 2017
Peacefullove:

Seems u used sleeping pills not to see I have present where ur bible said Lion go eat grass grin grin

All I need from u is to tell me if na heaven Lions go eat d grass , don't run away from this grin grin grin

Seems you are still drinking watchtower stupidity. Show me where they said in paradise earth you will pet pandas in summer and your lions and tigers will eat grass. Don't come here and be given me phrases give me the full thing. Since you want to take the whole bible as literal.
I need the passage or is it too hard for you?
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Peacefullove: 2:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

. Show me where they said in paradise earth you will pet pandas in summer and your lions and tigers will eat grass. Don't come here and be given me phrases give me the full thing. Since you want to take the whole bible as literal.
I need the passage or is it too hard for you?

You ain't smart, I just confirmed it .
A smart person would have acknowledged that such exist truly in the bible and would went ahead to give his explanation as to what it means .

But gullible ones will keep shouting like u are doing .

New Living Translation
The cow will graze near the bear. The cub and the calf will lie down together. The lion will eat hay like a cow.

grin grin u should have said am drinking ur Bibles " Stupidity " Since I got what u called phrase from there .

Just tell me if na heaven or where dem go eat grass ?

and if its not Literal, tell me wetin Lion eating grass mean in the bible ? grin grin
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by rottennaija(m): 10:24am On Oct 28, 2017
Himai:

This comment though got me. Where in the Bible do you see this? I'm interested. Very interested.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by haywizzy007(m): 10:52am On Oct 28, 2017
[quote author=rottennaija post=61844903]

This comment though got me. Where in the Bible do you see this? I'm interested. Very interested

nah wa ooo...you've not come across this before in the bible? And you claimed to have delivered several talks at Jws assembly b4 you were disciplined...smh

1 Like

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by rottennaija(m): 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
haywizzy007:

nah wa ooo...you've not come across this before in the bible? And you claimed to have delivered several talks at Jws assembly b4 you were disciplined...smh

Let me take this to be sarcasm. Because I have never claimed all you said, neither have I been disciplined before. Infact, I have never edited faced a judicial committee before neither do they have any hold on me.

Anyway. The main point is, Where in the Bible do you see this? I'm interested. Very interested

I'm still waiting for the answer from Himai, however, of you have an answer, you can assist. But I'm interested in the answer, like seriously.

And please, next time, avoid shaking your head, so that it doesn't fall off
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by kjhova(m): 5:36pm On Oct 28, 2017
rottennaija:

Lol... They had already. I'll send you a link.

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/generation.php

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/david-splane-explains-the-overlapping-generation-teaching-without-actually-explaining-it

Took my time out to read through your links and read further elsewhere. Indeed, this should be the end of JW already. The concept of "overlapping generations?!? Please give me a koboko to whip the remaining members outta their slumber!!
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by haywizzy007(m): 6:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
[quote author=rottennaija post=61849190]

Let me take this to be sarcasm. Because I have never claimed all you said, neither have I been disciplined before. Infact, I have never edited faced a judicial committee before neither do they have any hold on me.

Anyway. The main point is, Where in the Bible do you see this? I'm interested. Very interested

I'm still waiting for the answer from Himai, however, of you have an answer, you can assist. But I'm interested in the answer, like seriously.

And please, next time, avoid shaking your head, so that it doesn't fall off

https://www.nairaland.com/3731914/why-jehovahs-witnesses-prefer-secular/5#55428029

The above link really shows the kind of person you are...you are a pathological liar, you should bury your head in shame. Every allegations you've been making about these peace loving people are all false...May Jehovah reward you according to your works!!!

Read Leviticus 10:4-7 to know why God did not allow Aaron to mourn his sons.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 7:49pm On Oct 28, 2017
[quote author=haywizzy007 post=61856903][/quote]

OK let's analyse

The above link really shows the kind of person you are...you are a pathological liar, you should bury your head in shame. Every allegations you've been making about these peace loving people are all false...May Jehovah reward you according to your works!!!

When will you stop threatening exjws who criticize your organizations doctrines?

You site old testament laws when its favors your doctrines while you discard it when it Doesn't fit your rules and regulations. Why the inconsistency?

Peace loving people indeed. People who await the mass slaughter/genocide of non jws and exjws by their God? Or people who dream for Armageddon to come so they can inherit earth? People who shun and who kill their children by refusing blood transfusion?
Peace loving indeed.

Read Leviticus 10:4-7 to know why God did not allow Aaron to mourn his sons.

Aaron did not mourn his dead sons. It is never and will never be a yardstick for shunning your friends and family members who are alive. Dead people are not aware if people mourned them or not.
Your shunning doctrine is not biblical. It is from the pit of hell. It is unchristian and ungodly. For equating dead people to living people, you all need psychiatric help in you organization.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 7:56pm On Oct 28, 2017
Peacefullove:

You ain't smart, I just confirmed it .
A smart person would have acknowledged that such exist truly in the bible and would went ahead to give his explanation as to what it means .

But gullible ones will keep shouting like u are doing .

New Living Translation
The cow will graze near the bear. The cub and the calf will lie down together. The lion will eat hay like a cow.

grin grin u should have said am drinking ur Bibles " Stupidity " Since I got what u called phrase from there .

Just tell me if na heaven or where dem go eat grass ?

and if its not Literal, tell me wetin Lion eating grass mean in the bible ? grin grin
Waiting for the passage or you no see am. You saw a phrase and you didn't see the full sentence and it is the complete sentence your brothers believe in.

Me I am waiting for the verse sha abi no verse
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by rottennaija(m): 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2017
haywizzy007:

The picture below was my post on April 9.

Let quote exactly what I said.

"And interested person that was baptised in 2002? Became an MS in 2008? Delivered many talks? Handle assignment at conventions? Many demonstrations? Conduct congregational Bible study?"

1. My best guess is, you have a comprehension problem . I said I handle assignment at convention, does that mean delivering talk to you? I have done demonstration and interview at conventions, isn't that assignment? And I was very careful how I choose my words.

I have handled many talks at kingdom hall, I have conducted congregation Bible studies and I have done many demonstrations, interviews. Those are facts and truth. And I have never claimed to give talks at assemblies and it would never be true if I did.

Now! Let's ask again, who is a pathological liar now? You took what I said, change it to suite how you would like me portrayed to the whole world and drew conclusions. Called me a liar and then conclude that whatever I said had been lies.

Who should be ashamed of comprehension issues? Who should be ashamed of being a lair? Who should be ashamed of misquoting and misinformation?

Then again, I was expecting you to show me where I said I had been 'disciplined' as well.

2. You are a living example of how not to respond to a matter before you hear it.-Pro 18:13. It is foolish and humiliating.

Let me give you a little advice, because it's your kind that keeps shaming your organization. Whenever you hear something or read something, take your time, digest what you have heard or read, try to understand it, before possibly responding.

Or,

You can use the organization's policy of maintaining silent on issues, with the hope that the issue dies out with time. Or, haven't you been observing it? Let me give you a clue.

Go to this conversation. Try to follow the exchange between ChristianFreedo and jworg. When the jworg was show something he couldn't defend, that his organization is a recorded liar and that they have lied about their past record. The guy simply stopped responding.

The reason is very simply. It's the organization policies to maintain silent on issues like that. Hoping it dies a natural death.

Here is the link

https://www.nairaland.com/3223626/jehovahs-witnesses-promote-police-hatred

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by rottennaija(m): 8:55pm On Oct 28, 2017
haywizzy007:

And try not to be sensational when responding to issues. You humiliate yourself (not me), especially when your response turns put bad or false.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by haywizzy007(m): 11:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
[quote author=Hairyrapunzel post=61859411]

OK let's analyse

When will you stop threatening exjws who criticize your organizations doctrines?

You site old testament laws when its favors your doctrines while you discard it when it Doesn't fit your rules and regulations. Why the inconsistency?

Peace loving people indeed. People who await the mass slaughter/genocide of non jws and exjws by their God? Or people who dream for Armageddon to come so they can inherit earth? People who shun and who kill their children by refusing blood transfusion?
Peace loving indeed.

Aaron did not mourn his dead sons. It is never and will never be a yardstick for shunning your friends and family members who are alive. Dead people are not aware if people mourned them or not.
Your shunning doctrine is not biblical. It is from the pit of hell. It is unchristian and ungodly. For equating dead people to living people, you all need psychiatric help in you organization.

I know you have a medical condition and it is called JW-syndrome. mehn, you are so obsessed with these people..Why not ask ur feeble mind why Jehovah did not allow Aaron to mourn his sons,since people have bin mourning the dead from time immemorial. This is not the yardstick for shunning, the biblical command for shunning unrepentant sinners is found at 1Corithians 5:13
N:B if you don't give reasons why God did not allow Aaron to mourn his sons then don't give a response to my post. Thank you!
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 4:47pm On Oct 29, 2017
[quote author=haywizzy007 post=61864524][/quote]

You are a joker. You don't even know your bible.

I know you have a medical condition and it is called JW-syndrome. mehn, you are so obsessed with these people..Why not ask ur feeble mind why Jehovah did not allow Aaron to mourn his sons,since people have bin mourning the dead from time immemorial. This is not the yardstick for shunning, the biblical command for shunning unrepentant sinners is found at 1Corithians 5:13
N:B if you don't give reasons why God did not allow Aaron to mourn his sons then don't give a response to my post. Thank you!

So Aaron not mourning his DEAD SONS is now a yardstick for shunning your LIVING CHILDREN? I think you people are mentally unstable.

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[c] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you

I think your leaders made an assumption that this bible passage means shun the unrepentant sinners. I don't know where it is a sin to say you don't want to be a Jehovah's witness anymore or a sin to not agree with governing body bible interpretation.

I think you people are mentally unstable. You take one verse from the Bible and forget preceding verses. Interesting.

So governing body commandments is now God's commands. When I said you people worship 7 old men in new York you will say I am brainwashed.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 4:57pm On Oct 29, 2017
[quote author=haywizzy007 post=61864524][/quote]
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 5:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
haywizzy007 so since they have been morning the dead since time immemorial and Aaron didn't mourn his sons because they disobeyed God's commands, therefore since living people have been talking to living family and friends since time immemorial, then it is OK for you to shun living family and friends because they disobeyed governing body commandments.

Clap for yourself. No wonder they told you people that higher education is bad so you can accept shunning as a normal human behavior. The worst part is you keep defending this inhumane doctrine thereby humiliating yourself and religion even more.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by rottennaija(m): 6:53am On Oct 30, 2017
haywizzy007:

Before I begin, let me say here quickly. I knew the scriptural text where it is taken from. (Even if I didn't, I would have google it) I simply wanted you to bring it out. (of course, you are a JW, you will be proud to 'know' a scriptures this guy doesn't know. Common, be smarter than that. Some things are test) I needed to point out something things.

Secondly, immediately I saw that comment about Aaron not mourning his dead children, and I put that response you saw, I immediately started preparing this response.

Now, read a little bit more in verse 6. The last part. What does it say?

Moses then said to Aaron and his other sons El·e·aʹzar and Ithʹa·mar: “Do not let your heads go ungroomed or tear your garments,+ so that you may not die and that God may not become indignant against all the assembly. Your brothers of the whole house of Israel will weep over those whom Jehovah has killed by the fire.- Leviticus 10:6

Notice that Jehovah had said the whole nation of Israel (including his family) would mourn those who had been struck by Jehovah. So, if God did not want Aaron to mourn his two sons, why did he permit others to mourn their death? Or, let me ask this way, does the organization ask family members to shun other individuals while the remaining members of the congregation will not?

I remember about a year or so ago, when this was part of morning worship. At that time, I had come to know that shunning isn't a scriptural practiced and not supported in the Bible. So, when I saw how the organization applied the instruction God gave Aaron, bending it to fit their decree, all I needed to do was ponder on that scriptures and ask myself the above question.

The organization cannot find support for their shunning practice in 1 Cor. 5:11. Because the scriptures is referring to a practicer of sin. (something continuous), not someone who had fallen into sin once, who had stopped such a practice and God may have forgiven him. And besides, the level of such a practice was such that had not been heard of among the nations, even with their permissive standards. (Read 1 Co 5:1-4)

Then, in 2 John 10, the organization cannot also find support for their shunning practices. The scriptures there deals with those who had rejected the teachings of Christ.

To the best of my knowledge, those who disagree with the doctrines of the organization does so mainly because the organization had since left the original teachings of christ as can be found in the Bible. Jesus mediator, witnesses not being part of the New covenant, the great crown being in heaven, Abraham, Isaac and others having a heavenly reward are all but a few of the scriptural teaches rejected by the organization. Yet, these are the grand body of truth taught in the Bible. Also, 1935 being the end of heavenly calling(of course they had since discard the doctrine, many who warn them decades ago about this false doctrine were disfellowshiped ), 1914 as the start of the last days etc are all false doctrines taught by the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Raymond Franz, John Knight, Ed Dunlap were all notable Jehovah’s Witnesses with good standing at the time of their disfellowshipping and shunning. In Fact, they were among those rejecting the organization as taking the role of christ in the lives of JW. You just need to study the lives of Witnesses, their conversations, then compare that with the writings of the Christian Greek scripture, you will simply see that Jesus Christ has been pushed to the background by the emphasis on the organization. His name never really features in their lives as can be seen with how the apostles used it in the Bible.

This men I have mentioned, and those I haven't, were never immoral persons, neither did they fit into the description of 1 Co 5:11 or 1 Jn 10. Their greatest sin was to disagree with the organization doctrines, asking them to stick more to the Bible than their own reasoning or understanding or light.

However, for lack of a scriptural support for their shunning practices, the organization had to look for whatever they can lay their hands on. And boom, Leviticus 10:4-6 is applied. But they did a bad job in bending the place to fit their shunning doctrine, because anyone reading the place will clearly see the scriptural text doesn't fit the doctrine.

Now, to the main issue. Why did God ask Aaron not to mourn his sons? But allow others to mourn? Don't forget, he did allow others to mourn those whom he killed.

The reason was very simple to understand.

Mourning rite in ancient Israel took days, or weeks. It involve a lot of things, like leaving his hair uncombed, tearing his garment. Basically, if Aaron were to mourn his dead children, he would have to abandon his work as a high priest. So, God had Moses tell him, “You must not leave the entrance to the tent of meeting or else you, too, will die, because the LORD has anointed you with his oil.” (Le 10:7)

Conclusion

Now, while it is true that a practicer of sin do have a corrupting influence and 1 Co 5:11 actually warns of avoiding association with such a person. It does not in any way mean to shun the person, to such an extent that you see him in the road and you pretend the person is dead or the person doesn't exist. That's simply becoming like the pharisee who avoided tax collectors like plagues. It's an unchristian practice, done by occult groups.

You see, this is one of the problems of being a Jehovah’s Witness. You are so overwhelmed by organizational activities that you hardly have time for deep Bible study and personal research. A Jw's sense of reasoning becomes obscured and the day when a jw finally start reasoning on key scriptural text, he or she often find himself/herself in direct collision with the organization. (because it sure to occur, a lot of things are wrong)

My brother, we have argued for so long for so much. I have nothing against you. My only desire is for all witnesses to start serious Bible reading and personal study and research. We, those whom the organization had deemed it fit to call apostate do not hate any member of Jehovah's Witnesses. Actually, we love them and we desire what is best for them. They are out friends, family members, love ones. We don't want any harm to come to them.

Actually, what we want them to do is simple. We don't want you to believe us. We want you to start serious Bible reading, compare research sources, compare and contrast. Don't listen to only one source of information (because that is what anyone engaged in propaganda encourages those they control to do) We are sure that when you do that, no one will tell you this is truth or not. If it is truth, you will know. If it is not, you will also know.

Recommendations

I'll recommend you dip a little deeper into this research book. Go to chapter 11, The Misuse of Disfellowshiping. Here is a link to the book: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Cy3RPbbzxXS1BwdnRqQTctcm8/view?usp=drivesdk

Or you could look this up. https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/disfellowship-shunning.php#bible
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by rottennaija(m): 7:29am On Oct 30, 2017
Himai:

Now, read a little bit more in verse 6 of Leviticus 10:4-6. The last part. What does it say?

Moses then said to Aaron and his other sons El·e·aʹzar and Ithʹa·mar: “Do not let your heads go ungroomed or tear your garments,+ so that you may not die and that God may not become indignant against all the assembly. Your brothers of the whole house of Israel will weep over those whom Jehovah has killed by the fire.- Leviticus 10:6

Notice that Jehovah had said the whole nation of Israel (including his family) would mourn those who had been struck by Jehovah. So, if God did not want Aaron to mourn his two sons, why did he permit others to mourn their death? Or, let me ask this way, does the organization ask family members to shun other individuals while the remaining members of the congregation will not?

I remember about a year or so ago, when this was part of morning worship. At that time, I had come to know that shunning isn't a scriptural practiced and not supported in the Bible. So, when I saw how the organization applied the instruction God gave Aaron, bending it to fit their decree, all I needed to do was ponder on that scriptures and ask myself the above question.

The organization cannot find support for their shunning practice in 1 Cor. 5:11. Because the scriptures is referring to a practicer of sin. (something continuous), not someone who had fallen into sin once, who had stopped such a practice and God may have forgiven him. And besides, the level of such a practice was such that had not been heard of among the nations, even with their permissive standards. (Read 1 Co 5:1-4)

Then, in 2 John 10, the organization cannot also find support for their shunning practices. The scriptures there deals with those who had rejected the teachings of Christ.

To the best of my knowledge, those who disagree with the doctrines of the organization does so mainly because the organization had since left the original teachings of christ as can be found in the Bible. Jesus mediator, witnesses not being part of the New covenant, the great crown being in heaven, Abraham, Isaac and others having a heavenly reward are all but a few of the scriptural teaches rejected by the organization. Yet, these are the grand body of truth taught in the Bible. Also, 1935 being the end of heavenly calling(of course they had since discard the doctrine, many who warn them decades ago about this false doctrine were disfellowshiped ), 1914 as the start of the last days etc are all false doctrines taught by the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Raymond Franz, John Knight, Ed Dunlap were all notable Jehovah’s Witnesses with good standing at the time of their disfellowshipping and shunning. In Fact, they were among those rejecting the organization as taking the role of christ in the lives of JW. You just need to study the lives of Witnesses, their conversations, then compare that with the writings of the Christian Greek scripture, you will simply see that Jesus Christ has been pushed to the background by the emphasis on the organization. His name never really features in their lives as can be seen with how the apostles used it in the Bible.

This men I have mentioned, and those I haven't, were never immoral persons, neither did they fit into the description of 1 Co 5:11 or 1 Jn 10. Their greatest sin was to disagree with the organization doctrines, asking them to stick more to the Bible than their own reasoning or understanding or light.

However, for lack of a scriptural support for their shunning practices, the organization had to look for whatever they can lay their hands on. And boom, Leviticus 10:4-6 is applied. But they did a bad job in bending the place to fit their shunning doctrine, because anyone reading the place will clearly see the scriptural text doesn't fit the doctrine.

Now, to the main issue. Why did God ask Aaron not to mourn his sons? But allow others to mourn? Don't forget, he did allow others to mourn those whom he killed.

The reason was very simple to understand.

Mourning rite in ancient Israel took days, or weeks. It involve a lot of things, like leaving his hair uncombed, tearing his garment. Basically, if Aaron were to mourn his dead children, he would have to abandon his work as a high priest. So, God had Moses tell him, “You must not leave the entrance to the tent of meeting or else you, too, will die, because the LORD has anointed you with his oil.” (Le 10:7)

Conclusion

Now, while it is true that a practicer of sin do have a corrupting influence and 1 Co 5:11 actually warns of avoiding association with such a person. It does not in any way mean to shun the person, to such an extent that you see him in the road and you pretend the person is dead or the person doesn't exist. That's simply becoming like the pharisee who avoided tax collectors like plagues. It's an unchristian practice, done by occult groups.

Recommendations

I'll recommend you dip a little deeper into this research book. Go to chapter 11, The Misuse of Disfellowshiping. Here is a link to the book: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Cy3RPbbzxXS1BwdnRqQTctcm8/view?usp=drivesdk

Or you could look this up. https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/disfellowship-shunning.php#bible

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

30 Motivational Quotes On Prayer By Bishop David Oyedepo And Co. / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? / Pastor Chris Denounces The Divinity Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.