Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … (15091 Views)

Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate / How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by rottennaija(m): 8:05am On Oct 30, 2017
[quote author=haywizzy007 post=61864524][/quote]

This Bible commentary can also be helpful

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/leviticus/10-6.htm
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 8:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

OK let's analyse

When will you stop threatening exjws who criticize your organizations doctrines?

You site old testament laws when its favors your doctrines while you discard it when it Doesn't fit your rules and regulations. Why the inconsistency?

Peace loving people indeed. People who await the mass slaughter/genocide of non jws and exjws by their God? Or people who dream for Armageddon to come so they can inherit earth? People who shun and who kill their children by refusing blood transfusion?
Peace loving indeed.

Aaron did not mourn his dead sons. It is never and will never be a yardstick for shunning your friends and family members who are alive. Dead people are not aware if people mourned them or not.
Your shunning doctrine is not biblical. It is from the pit of hell. It is unchristian and ungodly. For equating dead people to living people, you all need psychiatric help in you organization.

Bro..I don't know your situation or why you are holding a grudge against the witnesses while claiming to be one. Paul did give Instructions to the Christians back then. What I do know is get it right with Jehovah. The end is really close. I wouldn't bother to reply again. There's really nthg I can say that'll help you.You know the truth..Choose it. As for me and all other JWs we've chosen what we feel is the truth . There's a whole lot of people making that decision as well. So choose yours and stop drawing attention to yourself or whining on social media.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 9:32pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

At least Aaron's sons were dead and God never said Aaron should treat his Sons when they were alive as if they were dead because they did not obey his commands. I don't know how your 7 old men in new York equate living people to dead people. I just don't understand.

Dead people don't know if they are mourned or not. You don't know that I see you as mentally deranged by trying to justify your actions by using Aaron's action on his dead sons as your biblical backing towards your action on your living relatives.

I don't know where in the Bible they said you should treat the disfellowshipped ones as dead people (shun)
And the worst part is you are trying to justify human cruelty by stating obvious fallacies. Rubbish religion saying people still alive are dead people because they didn't obey governing body's commandments.
Hairyrapunzel:

At least Aaron's sons were dead and God never said Aaron should treat his Sons when they were alive as if they were dead because they did not obey his commands. I don't know how your 7 old men in new York equate living people to dead people. I just don't understand.

Dead people don't know if they are mourned or not. You don't know that I see you as mentally deranged by trying to justify your actions by using Aaron's action on his dead sons as your biblical backing towards your action on your living relatives.

I don't know where in the Bible they said you should treat the disfellowshipped ones as dead people (shun)
And the worst part is you are trying to justify human cruelty by stating obvious fallacies. Rubbish religion saying people still alive are dead people because they didn't obey governing body's commandments.
Hairyrapunzel:

I consider it an insult to me being referred to as Mentally deranged. It defies the rules as set in nairaland. I hope you haven't strayed so far and still have the dignity to apologise for such Insulting and demeaning statement. We're all sharing our views on an issue, That shouldn't be taken as an excuse to insult me Gentleman.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 12:03am On Nov 01, 2017
Himai:

Bro..I don't know your situation or why you are holding a grudge against the witnesses while claiming to be one. Paul did give Instructions to the Christians back then. What I do know is get it right with Jehovah. The end is really close. I wouldn't bother to reply again. There's really nthg I can say that'll help you.You know the truth..Choose it. As for me and all other JWs we've chosen what we feel is the truth . There's a whole lot of people making that decision as well. So choose yours and stop drawing attention to yourself or whining on social media.

You have been saying end has been near since 1879. You know why the end isn't close? Your leaders built a new headquarters and are planning for the future. Whining on social media?
Hello it is called awareness. People are here making the decision that's why social media has been developed to warn them about the disadvantages. You just said shunning living people is biblical because Aaron did not mourn his dead sons. This is an abnormal thought.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 12:13am On Nov 01, 2017
Himai:
[b][/b]

I consider it an insult to me being referred to as Mentally deranged. It defies the rules as set in nairaland. I hope you haven't strayed so far and still have the dignity to apologise for such Insulting and demeaning statement. We're all sharing our views on an issue, That shouldn't be taken as an excuse to insult me Gentleman.

You say your living relatives( shunned) should be given treatment like dead people (Aarons sons). Only mentally unstable/deranged people will agree to this.

You also need to apologize for saying living people should be given the same treatment as dead people
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 6:30am On Nov 01, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

You say your living relatives( shunned) should be given treatment like dead people (Aarons sons). Only mentally unstable/deranged people will agree to this.

You also need to apologize for saying living people should be given the same treatment as dead people

.....K....
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 6:32am On Nov 01, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

You have been saying end has been near since 1879. You know why the end isn't close? Your leaders built a new headquarters and are planning for the future. Whining on social media?
Hello it is called awareness. People are here making the decision that's why social media has been developed to warn them about the disadvantages. You just said shunning living people is biblical because Aaron did not mourn his dead sons. This is an abnormal thought.

ok...Doesn't change the fact that the end is close bruhh
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 7:02am On Nov 01, 2017
Himai:

ok...Doesn't change the fact that the end is close bruhh
You have been saying the same thing for over 140yearsAnd will continue to say the same thing. End is close, and your leaders built a new headquarters. End is close and they are begging you to donate to their organization. End is close and they are altering their doctrines. End is close and every decade they edit their bible and plan to edit their bible in 10 years time. Himai maybe the end is close to you but your organization thinks otherwise.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 10:53pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

You have been saying the same thing for over 140yearsAnd will continue to say the same thing. End is close, and your leaders built a new headquarters. End is close and they are begging you to donate to their organization. End is close and they are altering their doctrines. End is close and every decade they edit their bible and plan to edit their bible in 10 years time. Himai maybe the end is close to you but your organization thinks otherwise.

Ok..So that's why you feel the end isn't close?
Shows how shallow your thinking could be.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 10:56pm On Nov 01, 2017
Himai:

The End Is Close...Take It Or Leave It.

Case Closed!..Oya go and find another thing to criticise!
..........................................................................................
Or better yet..Put your affairs together and return. .We'll welcome you
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 12:00am On Nov 02, 2017
Himai:

Really? But you have been preaching the 'end is close' for over 140years now.
You predicted the end in 1975 which became a failed prophecy.
I am sure Your daily mantra has been the 'end is close' since you where a child. You wake up and go to bed thinking the end is close. When you get to your older years you will still say the same thing.
Continue having thoughts of how the end is being close in order to continue living your self absorbed lifestyle.

See who says someone's thinking is shallow? Lol.

In your religion critical and independent thinking is a crime in fact considered heresy/apostasy.
You say my thinking is shallow. If narrow minded means being free to voice out my opinions or think for myself without repercussions, then I would choose my shallow mind over your broad mindedness many times over.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 6:28am On Nov 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

I am sure Your daily mantra has been the 'end is close' since you where a child. You wake up and go to bed thinking the end is close. When you get to your older years you will still say the same thing.
Continue having thoughts of how the end is being close in order to continue living your self absorbed lifestyle.

In your religion critical and independent thinking is a crime in fact considered heresy/apostasy.
You say my thinking is shallow. If narrow minded means being free to voice out my opinions or think for myself without repercussions, then I would choose my shallow mind over your broad mindedness many times over.

Epistles of the Apostle HairyRapunzel...The way you're going. ..you'll even add a book to the Bible oh..Lol.

But on the more serious note...So like when do you think the end will come?...Or do you even think it will sef?
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Peacefullove: 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Continue having thoughts of how the end is being close
in order to continue living your self absorbed lifestyle.

Hairyrapunzel , What will you say about this Statement of Mr Peter ?

1 Peter 4:7

The end of all things is near;

Since how many years was that written? if your head is normal you must first criticize your bible before saying anything about others
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2017
Peacefullove:

Since how many years was that written? if your head is normal you must first criticize your bible before saying anything about others

lol..bro..By now you should know he won't reason on the scripture. He'll probably run off to some Bible commentaries or so...Then come and give epistle on Independent thinking.

If you've noticed..I've stopped talking scriptures to him. Matthew 7:6 said do not give what is holy to dogs or pearl to swine so that they may never trample them under their feet and rip you open.
Citing scriptures to him is like giving holy things to swine.

My only problem is he'll be misinforming non witnesses about JWs. Well sha..those who will come will come. It is Jehovah who draws them.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2017
Himai:

lol..bro..By now you should know he won't reason on the scripture. He'll probably run off to some Bible commentaries or so...Then come and give epistle on Independent thinking.

If you've noticed..I've stopped talking scriptures to him. Matthew 7:6 said do not give what is holy to dogs or pearl to swine so that they may never trample them under their feet and rip you open.

My only problem is he'll be misinforming non witnesses about JWs. Well sha..those who will come will come. It is Jehovah who draws them.

Don't you shun people who leave your religion? Don't you refuse medical procedure? Don't you teach that all non jws will be killed by your Jehovah? Are you people not accepting blood components ( fraction) you previously banned? Did you people not say world was going to end in 1975?
Be making your religion sound like a peaceful one. When you even say a deviant behavior (smoking) is the same as a medical procedure (blood transfusion).

Scriptures that you will take a phrase and forget the remaining part of the verse and chapter?
Keep your misquoted scriptures to yourself. I will not argue a phrase in the Bible with you. When you bring the whole chapter then we can start from there
Always quoting verses out of the context in which they are used.
Your religion takes unsuspecting people's physical lives ( blood transfusion refusal), their number one social support (Shunning) and humanity ( believing non jws will be slaughtered by your Jehovah in Armageddon). Your religion is crap.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 8:51pm On Nov 02, 2017
Peacefullove:

Jw apologist
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 9:17pm On Nov 02, 2017
Himai:

At the end of the day it is the vulnerable and mentally unstable ones that they will draw in.

That's how one of you who thought he/she was mocking me told me your organization was for sad people alone.
Your watchtower movies even depict non jws joining your religion as either sad, grieving ( lost a loved one) or rich but empty inside (depressed or not satisfied with life).
People at certain stages may go through phases like this. You will find only 0. 1% of these people. At the end of the day, those "who will come" are 0.1% of vulnerable people that are interested in joining a Christian sect
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 9:27pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

At the end of the day it is the vulnerable and mentally unstable ones that they will draw in.

That's how one of you who thought he/she was mocking me told me your organization was for sad people alone.
Your watchtower movies even depict non jws joining your religion as either sad, grieving ( lost a loved one) or rich but empty inside (depressed or not satisfied with life).
People at certain stages may go through phases like this. You will find only 0. 1% of these people. At the end of the day, those "who will come" are 0.1% of vulnerable people that are interested in joining a Christian sect

ok...Any other epistle of frustration? ..Is that all?

Won't still stop right hearted ones from coming.

*Tongue out*...since you're so current. ..go and check the number of those coming to the truth every year.

You didn't reply my question about the end ohh
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Since you were one of JWs....I can safely assume you were mentally unstable eh?
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 9:56pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Don't you shun people who leave your religion? Don't you refuse medical procedure? Don't you teach that all non jws will be killed by your Jehovah? Are you people not accepting blood components ( fraction) you previously banned? Did you people not say world was going to end in 1975?
Be making your religion sound like a peaceful one. When you even say a deviant behavior (smoking) is the same as a medical procedure (blood transfusion).

Scriptures that you will take a phrase and forget the remaining part of the verse and chapter?
Keep your misquoted scriptures to yourself. I will not argue a phrase in the Bible with you. When you bring the whole chapter then we can start from there
Your religion takes unsuspecting people's physical lives ( blood transfusion refusal), their number one social support (Shunning) and humanity ( believing non jws will be slaughtered by your Jehovah in Armageddon). Your religion is crap.

At least Matthew 7:6 I cited was Just on point for you.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 10:16pm On Nov 02, 2017
Himai:

ok...Any other epistle of frustration? ..Is that all?

Won't still stop right hearted ones from coming.

*Tongue out*...since you're so current. ..go and check the number of those coming to the truth every year.

You didn't reply my question about the end ohh

Just In Africa and south east Asia because of poverty.
In developed countries dey are selling kingdom halls and merging halls plus you year book there are countries with zero percent growth rate.
No be only truth. Truth that is always changing (new light)
Buhaha. Lol
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2017
Himai:

At least Matthew 7:6 I cited was Just on point for you.

Luke 21:8

He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 10:35pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Just In Africa and south east Asia because of poverty.
In developed countries dey are selling kingdom halls and merging halls plus you year book there are countries with zero percent growth rate.
No be only truth. Truth that is always changing (new light)
Buhaha. Lol

ummm..So what's the correlation between the discussion and sale of Kingdom Halls...?

And If halls are being merged...What does 1+1 give
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 10:41pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Luke 21:8

He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them.

Now see where your inconsistency and gross unreasonableness come into play...You claim the end isn't near and that JWs read scriptures out of the context. ..please read vs 7 and 9 along...and see how this scripture fits into the claim that the end is near.
Yet you consistently say we falsely claim that the end is near because expansions are taking place in our work.
That scripture shows clearly that the end is near.If you will of course take a dose of your medicine and apply the context of the scripture.

you just shot yourself on the leg..Lol.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 10:43pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

You just quoted a verse and not a chapter.

yet Another shot on the leg..Lol
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 10:45pm On Nov 02, 2017
Himai:

Since you were one of JWs....I can safely assume you were mentally unstable eh?

Hairyrapunzel. .Can I safely assume that you were vulnerable and mentally unstable at the time? Or is it now that it began?
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 10:54pm On Nov 02, 2017
Himai:

Now see where your inconsistency and gross unreasonableness come into play...You claim the end isn't near and that JWs read scriptures out of the context. ..please read vs 7 and 9 along...and see how this scripture fits into the claim that the end is near.
Yet you consistently say we falsely claim that the end is near because expansions are taking place in our work.
That scripture shows clearly that the end is near.If you will of course take a dose of your medicine and apply the context of the scripture.

In fact, do you know that the building of new branches is a sign that the end is closer. Jeses at Matthew 24:14 stated that the good news will be preached in all the earth and the end will come. Because we're covering a vast amount of preaching work, it only makes sense that there should be expansions in our headquarters to oversee the growing amount of preaching work. We would never say because the end is near, we begin to slack and withhold ourselves from spending on things that'll speed up the preaching work.

Common sense should dictate that now is the time for the money available to be used to expand our headquarters thereby expanding the preaching work and not hoarding it as you would like to suggest.

It's common sense bro.

You've made start copying you with your epistle-writing.Lol.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 9:42am On Nov 03, 2017
Himai:

You just quoted a verse and not a chapter.

yet Another shot on the leg..Lol

Better than you who quoted a phrase and the phrase became a doctrine that cost people their lives.
Mind you I didn't quote the verse out of context.

Your organization claims they are the only means to salvation and are always preaching the end is close. You see the similarities?
What did Jesus say his followers should do? He said, 'DO NOT FOLLOW THEM'.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 9:53am On Nov 03, 2017
Himai:

In fact, do you know that the building of new branches is a sign that the end is closer. Jeses at Matthew 24:14 stated that the good news will be preached in all the earth and the end will come. Because we're covering a vast amount of preaching work, it only makes sense that there should be expansions in our headquarters to oversee the growing amount of preaching work. We would never say because the end is near, we begin to slack and withhold ourselves from spending on things that'll speed up the preaching work.

Common sense should dictate that now is the time for the money available to be used to expand our headquarters thereby expanding the preaching work and not hoarding it as you would like to suggest.

It's common sense bro.

You've made start copying you with your epistle-writing.Lol.

Buhaha. Which new buildings?
Only Warwick. When in developed countries they are selling kingdom halls and merging congregations because of decrease in size

I think you are delusional. If constructing new buildings is the sign that shows the end is near, then Pentecostal churches should be the ones preaching the end is close and not jws because they are the fastest growing Christian sect today.

You are building new headquarters. Please where in the Bible did they say building a new headquarters means expanding the preaching work?

Mind you, they sold the old one to Trump's son in law.
Well, since you are building new headquarters the end is not close.

Common sense bro. Stop justifying crap
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 11:52am On Nov 03, 2017
Himai:

You have been saying the end is imminent for 138 years.

Hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, droughts, famines, wars and all sorts of natural disasters have always been a part of our world even the Bible says so. you think they are new phenomena but are not.
The end of the world is not near at all. Have you ever heard the saying 'world without end' before ?
We are living in the best times ever.
I am sure you people will hate any form of peace in our world cos you think your new system will soon come.
You people better start praying for world peace.

Imagine living your whole life distributing magazines and telling people the end is near and if they don't join you, they will die and not get to live in a world later on.

Food for thought:

Do you think issuing magazines is what God expects us to give up our lives for?
Or
Is distributing magazines the motive of giving us the gift of life?
Or
To neglect the life we have now for some better life in our imaginations later on?

'The end is close' is a phrase vigorously supported by Jehovahs Witness leaders to ensure their magazines are distributed free of charge.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Hairyrapunzel: 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
Himai:

ummm..So what's the correlation between the discussion and sale of Kingdom Halls...?

And If halls are being merged...What does 1+1 give

I can see you are trying to give people a false impression that your religion is experiencing a tremendous growth.

Your reasoning is faulty courtesy your leaders in new York. No wonder they said you shouldn't get higher education but instead go to bethel to scrub floors. You don't even know simple arithmetic.
For example, two banks ie UBA and standard trust bank are merged. How many banks does this merger give rise to? I know your answer will be two banks.

In developing countries, Congregations are facing a rapid decline in numbers. For instance, three congregations in three different halls are merged to form one congregation. Two out of the three halls are sold remaining one KH which would be used by this newly formed congregation.
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … by Himai: 2:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Better than you who quoted a phrase and the phrase became a doctrine that cost people their lives.
Mind you I didn't quote the verse out of context.

Your organization claims they are the only means to salvation and are always preaching the end is close. You see the similarities?
What did Jesus say his followers should do? He said, 'DO NOT FOLLOW THEM'.

But you did contradict yourself. Any right thinking person will understand that scripture. ..

bye bye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? / 30 Motivational Quotes On Prayer By Bishop David Oyedepo And Co. / Pastor Chris Denounces The Divinity Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.