Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? (15095 Views)

Valentines Day: When Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex / Why Do We Pray, Since God Already Knows Everything? / Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Southboy(m): 8:25am On Oct 08, 2017
Good morning and happy Sunday to everyone.
I woke up this morning to the argument of some of my neighbors about judgement day and it hit me, what's the essence of lining up waiting to be judged by God when he already knows what the answer to the question is?

Am only here for the knowledge

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by GodsMopol: 8:29am On Oct 08, 2017
1 Tim 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth...

God desires that all men be saved

Man sins when he's driven by lust

That verse,, just showed me sth

God our saviour, God manifesting as flesh, to become our saviour, I have read that verse like 15 times and I didn't notice that

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by hopefulLandlord: 8:40am On Oct 08, 2017
There's no reason to be an adherent of the Abrahamic religion IMO.

An unsubstantiated, invisible, all knowing (knows the future), all powerful, supernatural creator judge, that refuses to reveal itself, leaves no evidence, and is petty enough to eternally punish those that were unconvinced ... is a pretty outrageous claim.

I'm going to need more than some old books that can best summed as "trust me" to buy into that claim. Why would you believe such a thing is a better question than why wouldn't you. Especially considering there's no shortage of old books, all with different stories, that all rely on "trust me" as their basis.

But whatever, each to their own I suppose.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by An2elect2(f): 8:50am On Oct 08, 2017
Haven't you read in Psalm 33:5 that the Lord loves righteousness and judgement...?

It's is part of God's nature to be just. And so it would be out of touch if God throws people in to hell without letting them know why He did.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Southboy(m): 8:54am On Oct 08, 2017
GodsMopol:
1 Tim 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth...

God desires that all men be saved

Man sins when he's driven by lust

That verse,, just showed me sth

God our saviour, God manifesting as flesh, to become our saviour, I have read that verse like 15 times and I didn't notice that
I don't get the point you are trying to make here

18 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Southboy(m): 9:03am On Oct 08, 2017
An2elect2:
Haven't you read in Psalm 33:5 that the Lord loves righteousness and judgement...?

It's is part of God's nature to be just. [strong] And so it would be out of touch if God throws people in to hell without letting them know why He did.[/strong]

It makes sense.

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 08, 2017
even Christian are confuse, if non Christian die and go to hell why leave the hell to queue for judgement again, and if they don't go hell/heaven immediately where are they during the death and judgement Intervals, and why is deciding if someone denoted his life to God such a complicated question with complicated ways/ method to decide isn't it meant to be a YES OR NO thing

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by internationalman(m): 9:14am On Oct 08, 2017
guilty people (sinners) could pleade innocent that day. Just like in the court of law, almost everyone knows d defender is guilty but he's still made to stand trial. And there are chances of getting exonerated.

13 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by sukkot: 9:16am On Oct 08, 2017
hmm
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Dottore: 9:17am On Oct 08, 2017
Ok
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by favourmic(m): 9:17am On Oct 08, 2017
Southboy:
Good morning and happy Sunday to everyone.
I woke up this morning to the argument of some of my neighbors about judgement day and it hit me, what's the essence of lining up waiting to be judged by God when he already knows what the answer to the question is?

Am only here for the knowledge

werey re o chai bro grin
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by NotNairalandi(m): 9:18am On Oct 08, 2017
To see if you will tell him lies, make Him use slap scatter your face! grin grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by tgmservice: 9:18am On Oct 08, 2017
its all a hoax

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:20am On Oct 08, 2017
So many things about God is just confusing...After death Judgement but y r some spirits still hovering around.

This world is more complicated than we understand

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by kaptaneSaka(m): 9:20am On Oct 08, 2017
He want us to see what we did wrong and right....
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by NotNairalandi(m): 9:21am On Oct 08, 2017
tgmservice:
its all a hoax
undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by ben4ever(m): 9:22am On Oct 08, 2017
God knows our hearts, but gave us his law and choice between fire and water.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by braithwaite(m): 9:22am On Oct 08, 2017
grin
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by shurley22(f): 9:23am On Oct 08, 2017
So one person doesn't go about feeling not rightly judged

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by MARKETfund: 9:26am On Oct 08, 2017
Southboy there's nothing like a twenty four hours day of judgement as people mistakenly take such scriptural passages at face value.

Let's start from the basics;
Don't be deceived, the judging of this world is ongoing. Jesus himself made that clear in John 12:31 when he said "now there is a judging of this world". What does it mean? If you are hearing the goodnews about God by any means or aware of the existence of the almighty you are living in the period of judgement Jesus spoke about. How you respond to it determines whether you'll be guilty or acquitted. Therefore whether adjudged write or wrong (we know whether we are willful sinners or not) is determined at ones death. Hence the Bible says "after death comes judgement" (Hebrews 9:27). There's no cheating here cos just as the Bible highlights, we reap what we sow (Galantians 6:7). Besides, Romans 6:23 says that the wages sin pays is death.

for clearer understanding take for instance you have a case in Court which may have been on for so many months or even years. The day the case will be decided and you're on your way to Court what you'll tell a friend who probably wants to know where you are going is: Our JUDGEMENT is today
Why? Because that day determines your acquittal (freedom ) or indictment (damnation)

Therefore there's nothing like a twenty four hour day that God will line people up to remind them what they did on a certain day. God is not myopic, he knows you know whether you're guilty or not.

For willful sinners whose judgement ended with death there will be no resurrection. Conversely for righteous one whose favourable judgement ended too with death, God promised "there's going to be a resurrection of both the RIGHTEOUS and the unrighteous"

Who are these UNRIGHTEOUS ones mentioned again you may ask; anyway those are those who never had an opportunity of knowing God less taking side for or against him. Such ones will also experience God's justice by being given an opportunity to hear about him and be allowed to make their own decisions. Hence the book of Revelation 20:4, 11-12 spoke of another judgement conducted during the one thousand year reign of Christ. Worthy of note in that scripture is that a scroll (God's law or the Bible) was opened. Just the same way Bible is being opened to you today and you accept/reject.
Note too that a thousand years is to God a day (2 Peter 3:cool which is why the Bible speaks of the "judgement day". It's a period of time.

In conclusion, we are living during the period of the judgement and judgment day as the Bible use it in some passages is in the future and it's not not for you and I but for those not day of salvation as you and I.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Lomprico2: 9:26am On Oct 08, 2017
All of una whey dey quote bible upandan and those whey dey say God knows our heart bla bla bla! No body has answered what the op is asking or is it that u don't understand his question?
Lemmi break it down for y'all...

Since God can see & knows our hearts, and he knows what we will say or do i.e he knows what will happing in d future. Then what's the need for everyone lining up to be judged when he knows what we are going to tell him and where he will throw us (heaven or hell).
That is what op is asking! Fortunately for y'all I have the answer to op's question. grin

Most of the time people are banned in this forum, they dont know their offence or what ever they did does not warrant the type of ban they got and this makes such people angry that is why they lash out at seun and THAT mod!
Now God does not want you to feel that way when you have been tossed to hell grin so he sets up a panel of hearing for you to know why u are going to hell so that u wont feel as if there is partiality or ojoro on ur case. The judgement is for God to let u see why u are going to heaven or hell. smiley

Seun I hope u will learn from this my answer and set up a kind of defence panel for those that are unjustly banned by some of ur moderators! Some ban out of hate or dislike of monikers who have different views or opinion from theirs especially the one in politics section. Peace!

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by swiz123(m): 9:27am On Oct 08, 2017
To my own understanding, he wants to give us a fair trial to defend ourselves

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 08, 2017
It’s all BS
You’re your own God, we are all one having this human experience
Just follow the laws of nature baby

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by allanphash7(m): 9:31am On Oct 08, 2017
Lol

You mean that my great grand father that has died hundreds years ago will also line up ande be questioned ?

There is nothing like judgement day bro
There is nothing like end time
There is nothing like heaven/hell

14 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by MhizzAJ(f): 9:33am On Oct 08, 2017
It's confusing

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by Malakh: 9:34am On Oct 08, 2017
the works were already finished before the beginning of the world, judgement day is a day of reward for the good and evil, if the works of good and evil has already been finished that means some are appointed to glory and some to eternal damnation.It goes to show we dont run anything either make the tree good or evil.He loves some people He hates some people aint nothing you can do about it,blaspheme all you want, question Him all you want,He is the Potter and does whatever He likes to the clay.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by OtemAtum: 9:35am On Oct 08, 2017
God Almighty the creator of Allah and Yahweh doesn't judge people after death. Rather, his love engulfs everyone and corrections are revealed. Yahweh and Allah, as well as Mazda and Moloch who are all the children of God, are the judgemental ones. However, they have been cast currently into a spiritual cage where they shall remain in for a thousand year.
There is no judgement, but corrections, after death.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by WebSurfer(m): 9:39am On Oct 08, 2017
grin
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by frugal(m): 9:39am On Oct 08, 2017
oluwaseyi000:
even Christian are confuse, if non Christian die and go to hell why leave the hell to queue for judgement again, and if they don't go hell/heaven immediately where are they during the death and judgement Intervals, and why is deciding if someone denoted his life to God such a complicated question with complicated ways/ method to decide isn't it meant to be a YES OR NO thing
The bible says: after death, judgment comes - Hebrews 9:27.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by OtemAtum: 9:42am On Oct 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Just in case
You sabi d formula for enjoyment frontpage grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by amclimax(m): 9:43am On Oct 08, 2017
I came to this life unknown to me ,the day i will leave this earth is still unknown to me but one thing is sure for me, I MUST FLEX THIS LIFE WITHOUT LIMIT because thats all i have as mine. If you like believe in hell or heaven, thats yours. What if death is not what you take it to be?

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? by OtemAtum: 9:44am On Oct 08, 2017
amclimax:
vv
ww cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

30 Motivational Quotes On Prayer By Bishop David Oyedepo And Co. / Pastor Chris Denounces The Divinity Of Jesus Christ / David Oyedepo Celebrates His 63rd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.