Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

How To Love - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Love (241 Views)

Lust Of The Flesh, And Why It's Bad To Love Money / Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies / Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Love by phlopholly: 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
These things I command you, that ye love one another.
—John 15:17

How are we to love? We are to love as God loves us . . . we are to show acceptance and appreciation . . . [to] accept each other as God accepts us. Too many parents refuse to accept and appreciate their children for what they are. That is why millions of children run away from home each year. A team of Yale researchers has concluded that the majority of these runaways were attempting to escape an unhappy family situation. They yearned to be appreciated.

The causes of delinquency, we are told, are broken homes, poverty, lack of recreational facilities, poor physical health, racism, working mothers, and so on . . . The experts never seem to mention the lack of love, or the lack of faith in God. Yet these are the two most important elements for an adolescent’s successful maturity.

How long has it been since you praised your children instead of criticizing them? David prayed for Solomon and daily praised him, and we are to praise our children daily. Praise your wife. I have found that praise goes a lot further than criticism. Everybody needs to be appreciated.

Prayer for the day
It is so easy to criticize those close to me; but Lord, give me Your unreserved love so that they may know how deeply I appreciate them.

(1) (Reply)

Obedient Children / Hey...come Share Your Testimonies. / It Is Your Life!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.