Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere (68905 Views)

DJ Switch Slams Pastor Adeboye / Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by gemale(m): 12:33am On Oct 09, 2017
DEMOO07:
what if there are no Churches, don't you think the vices would have increased? Do you know how many people that have been blessed by these churches, those that have discovered themselves through inspirational teachings and communities that have evolved? Please I urge you to attend Churches with opened mind and see how God turn you around. Am even inviting okogie, he will change his church and become born again.
Are you God that knows who is born again & who isn't? Being born again transcends answering altar calls & changing churches. It is in belief & submission to Christ, which becomes a way of life. It seems you think catholics aren't born again. You are wrong. I'm catholic & by the grace of God, i'm born again. I also want to invite you to be open-minded. Attend mass at any catholic church near you. Also attend catechism class & ask a priest any question you have concerning the catholic doctrines. Also, know this; churches do not bless people, God blesses people. He uses the church to bless but the glory should go to Him & not the church.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by pxalmydee(m): 1:01am On Oct 09, 2017
Jesus made it known to us that God doesn't live a building built by human hands. he sadi we don't need to go the mountain to pray. the cardinal is right on this issue. the greatest MMM in the history of Nigeria is rccg. Rccg is nothing but a business centers that is competing with other churches for members to increase tithes and offering revenue so as to build more schools the poor can't afford and also purchase more private jets. for what's the essence of more churches when church has backslide from the teachings of Christ which is to take care of the poor? rccg is the only church that run a Licensing agreement with another struggling church to use it name(rccg) and they share the tithes accordingly... business

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Vivere: 1:08am On Oct 09, 2017
gemale:
If what you claim is true, thanks be to God brother. However, don't try to attribute your present state to changing churches. You obviously weren't serious with God before. The fact that you used to sleep in church is proof enough. I think that if you had sought God truly before changing churches, you wouldn't have changed because you would still have the same results. I used to be lukewarm & apathetic before the Lord rescued me & now I actually look forward to & enjoy mass even when I went to a place where it was conducted in a language I didn't understand. I just asked someone nearby to interpret. The rosary I used to recite mechanically before; God has helped me to meditate on them, drawing insight & messages from them. The sacraments of penance & Eucharist now offer deeper meaning, draws me closer to God & channel grace to me, especially in trying moments. Now I am full of thanks that I belong to the church founded by Jesus Himself. Still, I concede that I have barely scratched the surface. There's way more I haven't yet discovered.

Oga, I attribute it to the changing of churches, and the way the Word of God is preached in the two churches. RCCG messages are more practical and in-depth. No need for too much talk. Those who have been in both places, will understand....
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Vivere: 1:09am On Oct 09, 2017
Tizbid:
Was your life transformed to a more righteous one after either of the two encounters with both denominations?...if yes,Glory to God. But if no...pls search for jesus not denominations.
Ok, i hear.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by dataking: 1:10am On Oct 09, 2017
cristianisraeli:

lol.you vex pass me bros

No mind the nuisance.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Vivere: 1:13am On Oct 09, 2017
Christaks:
So after dt ( brainwashing u wit promises of wealth and tithes and blessing upon upon blessing) ..u later entered heaven?
Have you been brainwashed before.... is that why you think it happens to other people??
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by gemale(m): 1:13am On Oct 09, 2017
designVATExcel:
Not diplomatic at all
He could have made his point without labeling his colleagues statement as "useless".

Anyone that knows Pastor Enoch should know he's not a bling bling pastor, his humility knows no bounds. I can reason with opening churches everywhere. One can easily get discouraged going to a far church. But a church you can conveniently walk to, you have no excuse.

On the other hand, the rate at which random individuals are opening churches in Nigeria is quite alarming. I think CAN can do better in regulating this.

2 people can disagree without getting insultive.
If you ever feel discouraged to go to church, fall on your knees instantly & rebuke the devil, command him to get behind you. That church is far is a very poor excuse to give. Isn't it in this same country that people who live in mowe, ibafo, agbara, sango ota (Ogun State) work in Lagos & report to work every weekday sometimes as early as 5, 6 AM? People who live in nasarawa work in abuja & yet they don't offer that excuse to their bosses. Why can't that same dedication be shown to God?

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Vivere: 1:15am On Oct 09, 2017
Empredboy:
you are the type Jesus said in Mathew 15:8. Mathew 13:15
And you are the type the Bible warned us about in 2 Timothy 2:23-24.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Vivere: 1:17am On Oct 09, 2017
pweetiedee:
Don't mind him.

Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, Baptist don't build churches anyhow.

I know only two Catholic churches in my town. And few Anglican churches.

There are two redeem churches in my street alone.

the street where I lived during NYSC. There are five redeem churches there (very small buildings). One Anglican, One catholic.

I have seen that kind of thing too, many times within my area....
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Vivere: 1:18am On Oct 09, 2017
Klington:
What is diswan saying
And what is this one asking?
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Vivere: 1:20am On Oct 09, 2017
cckalima:
ehh so u can lie like this. I hv seen rccg members sle ep while the service is on by the way what's the name of the parish you visited?
You are the one telling big lies, o! Did you follow me inside the church? I am telling you of my own experience and you are claiming that it is a lie. How?? Did I say that other people do not sleep in church? I beg, carry yourself go find your own square root, o! For your information it was Glory Embassy parish. Are you satisfied? Or do you want to visit the place?
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Vivere: 1:26am On Oct 09, 2017
Nbote:
It is totally ur prerogative where to worship but wen u begin to paint a church in bad light simply becos its not ur idea of what worship shld b like is what's wrong.. Was it everone who was sleeping or didnt remember d sermon in d Catholic church u attended? Today is Sunday and basically every bar, hotel, club and lounge is filled and occupied. By pagans or atheist? Our idea of Christianity is which denomination we identify with and how much tongues we think we can speak but yet we still dwell in d same old sinful habits we have always been in. So how is dat any different?
I do not know why people on NL keep reading meanings that do not exist into other people's comments. Did I say that everyone was sleeping inside the church? NO!! So why are people getting so worked up because of my comments?

Did I make mention of anybody's sinful habits or how much tongues they speak? NO!!

Did I pull down any church? NO!! I merely shared my experience in both places. Someone else may have a different view. God created the church. And to me a church is like a clinic or hospital where one goes to commune with his Saviour. You go to the one where the gospel is preached in a way that you understand, or that is best able to treat your case, spiritually. Simple.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by gemale(m): 1:49am On Oct 09, 2017
Vivere:

Oga, I attribute it to the changing of churches, and the way the Word of God is preached in the two churches. RCCG messages are more practical and in-depth. No need for too much talk. Those who have been in both places, will understand....
I have been to both & even once got baptized in redeemed but I was led back to the catholic church. There, the word is preached without sweetening. It is plain, take it or leave. No need for oratory prowess & catchy slogans. They don't have to package it or make it attractive. It is less on the ephemeral & more on the eternal. I don't have to know or like the priest's style. He doesn't have to say what I want to hear. In fact, I like it when he says what I don't want to hear. I just get the message & try to apply it as the Spirit of God directs. Whether the choristers have croaky or angelic voices is not my business. Whether there is AC, fan or nothing there doesn't concern me. I'm indifferent whether the ushers smile or frown, are polite or rude. All I want is to hear God's word, pray & receive Jesus body, blood, soul & divinity in the sacrament of the Eucharist. I ask myself "if the rapture happened & God forbid, i missed it, would I still be looking at all these things? Would I be listening raptly to someone testifying how God blessed him with a huge contract because he sowed or how a sister finally got married after a long search? ". Anybody who needs to still be petted & cajoled with fancy words to forsake iniquity & do God's will needs to closely examine him/herself well.

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Vivere: 1:57am On Oct 09, 2017
gemale:
I have been to both & even once got baptized in redeemed but I was led back to the catholic church. There, the word is preached without sweetening. It is plain, take it or leave. No need for oratory prowess & catchy slogans. They don't have to package it or make it attractive. It is less on the ephemeral & more on the eternal. I don't have to know or like the priest's style. He doesn't have to say what I want to hear. In fact, I like it when he says what I don't want to hear. I just get the message & try to apply it as the Spirit of God directs. Whether the choristers have croaky or angelic voices is not my business. Whether there is AC, fan or nothing there doesn't concern me. I'm indifferent whether the ushers smile or frown, are polite or rude. All I want is to hear God's word, pray & receive Jesus body, blood, soul & divinity in the sacrament of the Eucharist. I ask myself "if the rapture happened & God forbid, i missed it, would I still be looking at all these things? Would I be listening raptly to someone testifying how God blessed him with a huge contract because he sowed or how a sister finally got married after a long search? ". Anybody who needs to still be petted & cajoled with fancy words to forsake iniquity & do God's will needs to closely examine him/herself well.
Oga, nobody is being petted with any sweet words or cajoling. I did not go looking for oratory or catchy slogans. I went for the Word of God, and prayers. Have all the people in your own church forsaken iniquity, or are they all doing God's will? I cannot tell a pastor what to preach, since I did not anoint him. You went back to a church that works for you, and I decided to enter a church that works for me. We are not the same people. The Holy Communion is also served in RCCG. So there really is no need for any long talk. Peace.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by rhektor(m): 2:21am On Oct 09, 2017
tintingz:
We don't need more business centers a.k.a churches, we need more schools, good roads, electricity, hospitals etc the churches and mosques we have in this country are enough, I don't see the positive impact of these religious buildings in our economy, we need to develop economically.

And who is to spearhead the development?
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Yemiseun(m): 3:34am On Oct 09, 2017
"Finland has the most stable economy in world today. There are less than 20 churches in Finland.

Switzerland has the second most stable economy in the world. Switzerland has less than 30 churches.

Denmark is the third most stable economy in the world. Denmark has about 23 churches in it.

These are countries considered largely atheist in nature, yet so blessed.

Come to Owerri town, SE Nigeria, from MCC junction to Toronto junction, there are 36 churches. That stretch of about 5 km harbours 36 churches, and mosque in sabo market, more churches than the entire Switzerland.

In Owerri l counted 97 churches on one street and same is mosque in Kano Kaduna, According to CAC, Nigeria has over 23,000 registered churches, mosque is countless

We have more churches/mosque than schools and hospitals combined. More clergymen than doctors and teachers combined. Everyone is either born again or serving Allah

Yet none of those claims reflects in the expected moral elevation of society. We are still one of the greediest, laziest, corrupt, deceitful, hypocritical and hateful set of beings on the planet today, with all our Religion

Our people need to draw the line between religiosity and spirituality."

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by kilokeys(m): 4:12am On Oct 09, 2017
gare:

Cardinal why are you so bitter? Has he come to ask you for money, why don't you just mind your ministry and allow us build our church, that is the man's vision, ok tell your vision ? From what I see your own vision is to fight men of God.

Please let them be, I beg you

We need more companies.. The plethora of gullible converts in crass ignorance shaking their buttocks in spiritual ecstasy is common place in Nigeria. Pple ought to work and pray. NOT JUST pray and wish.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by asamaigho(m): 4:27am On Oct 09, 2017
I STOPPED READING RIGHT HERE!

What kind of churches are you talking about? Look at traffic in Lagos for example, and those who are pastors are traders and a good number of them are businessmen. Such churches in most cases are more like business houses! Look at the number of churches springing up in Lagos. If the Muslims start building mosques like that, does it show that Nigeria is a religious country?
CANT HE (OKOGIE) MAKE HIS POINT WITHOUT MENTIONING MUSLIMS,OR IS HE TRYING TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT.
I THINK PUBLIC CRITICISM OF YOUR OWN RELIGION IS IMMATURE,THERE ARE BETTER WAY TO PASS THE MESSAGE,NO WONDER OTHERS MOCK CHRISTIANITY.
OKOGIE PLEASE
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by riseabovehate: 4:53am On Oct 09, 2017
Ezionye:
Hmmm

I don't comment on religious issues sha
You have been brain washed
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by thunderbabs: 5:12am On Oct 09, 2017
Thank u sir for that observation. Pple dnt fear God. Spread the gospel is different from spread church buildings......
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Legolast: 5:20am On Oct 09, 2017
Mordyb:

Hold it right there stop spreading lies

Mr. Man huge the truth even if it is bitter
How many tithe payers can go covenant University and redeemers university?
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by BISHOPKELLY(m): 5:46am On Oct 09, 2017
Vivere:
Last time I attended a Catholic church, I slept off. I cannot even remember the title of the sermon, or the name of the vicar. But the day I attended RCCG I not only danced all through, I still remember the topic of the sermon and its entire contents, as well as the 7 warfare prayer points, we prayed on that day. Meanwhile, I attended the RCCG service, two months before the one in the Catholic church....

it seen you are still a child? how old are you?
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Vivere: 5:53am On Oct 09, 2017
BISHOPKELLY:
it seen you are still a child? how old are you?
Why do you want to know? Will the info put more food on your table?
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by menxer: 6:06am On Oct 09, 2017
akinade28:
I quite agree with cardinal.
Our country can't change with more church buildings.
We need to be "Christians" indeed.
Christian means "Christlike"

And to be Christlike, you must first of all act like Jesus by questioning some things, e.g. why the "priests" are turning the "house of God" into a mall?
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Ignyte(m): 6:11am On Oct 09, 2017
Tolexander:
Okogie seems to be afraid of RCCG monopolizing the church business and market!

Okogie is from the Catholic Church. Adeboye cannot have as many members as the Catholic Church and so, why cardinal go fear
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Ignyte(m): 6:16am On Oct 09, 2017
Vivere:

Oga, nobody is being petted with any sweet words or cajoling. I did not go looking for oratory or catchy slogans. I went for the Word of God, and prayers. Have all the people in your own church forsaken iniquity, or are they all doing God's will? I cannot tell a pastor what to preach, since I did not anoint him. You went back to a church that works for you, and I decided to enter a church that works for me. We are not the same people. The Holy Communion is also served in RCCG. So there really is no need for any long talk. Peace.

I'm not religiously inclined but I hope you know that Catholic Holy Communion is different from what RCCG gives
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Klington: 6:18am On Oct 09, 2017
Vivere:

And what is this one asking?

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Vivere: 6:24am On Oct 09, 2017
Ignyte:
I'm not religiously inclined but I hope you know that Catholic Holy Communion is different from what RCCG gives
There is no difference. It is the same wafer & wine - body & blood of our Lord Jesus. I have received the sacrament in both churches. Once you understand the significance, there is no problem. The only difference is the names given to it. Period.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Spylord48: 6:27am On Oct 09, 2017
DEMOO07:
my brother God bless you. I don't expect this kind of comment from so called MOG that is spirit filled that study his bible. I see this as envy. When there was no rccg, that catholic were everywhere who complained. I remember okogie and the Catholics fighting jakande the then gov of lagos over hijacking there lands at Maryland and elsewhere for building public schools. Rcch mission was to reach as many as possible with no excuse of the word of God not reaching you at judgement day. Or is he in position to judge anybody? He should be careful and ask of forgiveness from God. In this present world, among the two of them who propagates the gospel more as God mandated? At least no matter the complaint about Church, there is no exception.

please read in between the line.You can hardly see 2 or 3 Catholic church in a street. Even some other churches but RCCG own is so different, 3 redeem churches in a street. Is that one not madness
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by riczy(m): 6:31am On Oct 09, 2017
If prayer houses n church centers were industries n fledging industries, hunger wud av been primordial in our minds
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by designVATExcel: 6:54am On Oct 09, 2017
cckalima:
so u HV issues wt individuals opening churches and u want CAN to check that. what difference does it make with rccg sporadic branches?

There's a process before becoming a redeemed pastor. Most old generational churches - Winners, Living Faith, CAC, Mountain of Fire, Deeper Life, etc, have a well defined process in ordaining pastors.

But these new generation churches eh, infact I saw one under 30 young guy recently who called himself a pastor. People can just wake up one day, label themselves pastors, rent a building and finish. It's unfortunate really.

Nigerians too are very guilible, looking everywhere for cheap cheap miracle.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Share Your Experience(s) Of God's Miracles & Wonderful Acts / Lagos Pastor Heals Mad Man On The Street (Photos) / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.