Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Yoruba Girls Can't Speak English. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Girls Can't Speak English. (1052 Views)

What Languages Do You Speak Other Than English? / When Ijaws Speak, Igbos Should Know When To Respectfully Keep Quiet / How Do You See People Who Can't Speak Their Native Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Girls Can't Speak English. by Gbethel: 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
I came across this discussion on Facebook, at first it was kind of hilarious but it is actually something worth discussing. (YORUBA GIRLS CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH) In case you don't know, the Yorubas are people from the ethnic group of southwestern and north-central Nigeria and it's crazy to say they can't speak English.

First I will like to state that there is a difference between not being able to speak a particular Language and having an accent. Yoruba people have their own language and pattern of speaking which in one way or the other disrupt the fluent flow of other languages which is nobody fault. I am Igbo, though I don't have a strong “Igbotic” accent but my accent does not make me less of an English man because the most important is the ability to communicate. Even outside the walls of Nigeria, different nationalities have their unique accent of which English happens to be the most spoken language in the world so if my English portrays some of Spanish, Chinese, Portuguese or Yoruba flow in it, what's the big deal?

With that being said, I don't understand why some Nigerians are interested in speaking English better than the English, the last time I checked English is not our first language but happens to be our official language. Click to continue http://www.classic9ija.online/2017/10/yoruba-girls-cant-speak-english.html

Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Speak English. by dingbang(m): 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
Lol...
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Speak English. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
Mi o gboyinbo.sad
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Speak English. by hahnsmall: 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
English girls cannot speak Yoruba either undecided

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Speak English. by Gbethel: 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
hahnsmall:
English girls cannot speak Yoruba either undecided
Tell them abeg
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Speak English. by ahnaija: 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
see mumu
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Speak English. by SenorFax(m): 4:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
Was speaking English made you intelligence??

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Speak English. by cosby02(m): 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2017
We Yorubas dont take English as priority cos we very proud of our lineage.

Omo yoruba ni mi oo...

We never going for any DNA test just to be who we are not. grin

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Speak English. by NIGHTMAREOO7: 4:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
Thats fuvking true.. i was chatting with this yoruba girl few days ago. The gal saw my pix and developed interest and we started going deeper in our chat.
But i noticed one thing.... she was struggling with english,( but its ok!.)Shez good looking.

So she startrd asking me abt relatioship matters asled me if i hav a gf i said no..
I asked her too she said they broke up.

She was still struggling withy questions and chats she quickly diverted to her local dialect and i told her to speak english ad she could..idnt speak Yoruba.

The next thing she blocked me grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Speak English. by Bruno3000(m): 6:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
It's no longer news na....
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Speak English. by AdeizaPaul: 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
And so what?

If not because of project Nigeria, Yoruba should have actually been their official language.
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Speak English. by AdeizaPaul: 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
And so what?

If not because of project Nigeria, Yoruba should have actually been their official language.

The so called "wonderful" English speakers in Nigeria today" how are they better off than the Yorubas?
On the contrary they are loosing on two ends because their indiginous languages are fading out, and it's not as if the english they speak is even presentable abroad, or anywhere serious for that matter.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

So / Igunuko Building: Who Can Guess Where This Building Is In UK? / Kwanzaa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.