Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,424 members, 7,800,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Gossip Magazines Of The Past - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Gossip Magazines Of The Past (916 Views)

I Can Write The Most Creative Articles For Your Blogs/Magazines/Product Reviews / Ghost Of The Past / What Happened To Hints And Hearts Magazines? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gossip Magazines Of The Past by jemmabond(f): 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nigerians love a good gossip, but while most rumours carry an element of truth, the consequences could be disastrous when these false stories are circulated via the media. In the 80’s, no newstand was complete without Prime People, notable for not only the latest celebrity headlines, but for the stranger-than-fiction stories the National Enquirer would have fought tooth and nail for their own publication (Woman Gives Birth To Frog...Man Turns Into Coffin...Girl Vomits Snake... . However, PP had nothing on Akapa's Top Magazine whose articles were comically ridiculous. Michael Jackson was about to become a father following an affair with a Nigerian girl? I've seen weird cuisine everywhere, but making peppersoup from a mermaid's tail is totally unbelievable. And how desperate must a cocaine addict be to sell her own brother to fund her habit? Climax were filed a lawsuit after claiming former MBGN Bianca Onoh was pregnant with Ojukwu's baby, although the case was later settled out of court. There was also Vintage People, Quality, Whispas, and Classique to mention but a few. Did you have a favourite?
Re: Gossip Magazines Of The Past by Ndipe(m): 3:12am On Oct 13, 2022
Quality magazine was my favorite.

(1) (Reply)

M.O.T.I.V.E. By Owajioniro Benson / Married But No Sex - Episode 2 / Writers Looking For Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.