Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:58 PM

How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo (53703 Views)

Reason Why Zambia Natinoal Team Is Called Chipolopolo / How The Super Eagles Will Lineup Against The Chipolopolo Of Zambia / Nigerians reacts to chipolopolo is beating the eagles on Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by pender(m): 9:06am On Oct 09, 2017
OKorowanta:
I still can't phantom why Zambia's good goal was disallowed.
nigeria vs Cameroon clear goal was disallowed too...
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by AreaFada2: 9:12am On Oct 09, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
Not only bwalya, Elijah Tana was part of the team and was the brain behind their very good defense.
Good. Still losing 18 players, and several other coaches, support staff, FA boss is not easy. Talkless of reaching AFCON final months later.
But I do not think you remember AFCON 1994 well. Maybe you were too young.

I cannot remember seeing Tana in that tournament. Unless you can upload the team line up showing his name. shocked shocked
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by lacidi: 9:12am On Oct 09, 2017
The Zambian "goal" was clearly offside and the linesman raised his flag immediately the ball came to the Zambian. The ref also blew the whistle but the player continued playing pretending not to hear. If you watch the replay, you will see the flag go up immediately and Balogun stopped running back.

This is a freeze shot of the offside showing the straight line and where the last defender was.

6 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by poseidon12: 9:14am On Oct 09, 2017
Arsenalholic:
Op sha, you sef no try...

You just handpicked the bad comments first and padded it with a few good comments. I was on the website yesterday and there were lotsa matured Zambians who commended the Eagles and admitted that the best team won.

But someone made a statement that rang true: He said Nigerians are fond of tongue lashing other African countries in an arrogant way. The guy even mentioned Nairaland. That's the reason he was dishing back all of that.

I remembered clearly when we last visited Zambia and a report of how the citizens were happy to see Obi and co, someone here on Nairaland said something so appalling about Zambia girls.

Point is, let us learn to respect other African countries. Because they are trying.to dish back to us what 'we' dish to them... And there are a lot of loopholes to attack Naija from.

Is it possible for Nigerians to respect other African countries when Nigerians cannot respect themselves? Nigerians are generally rude, arrogant, uncouth and hateful. You cannot give what you don't have.

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by AlwaysUltraPad: 9:15am On Oct 09, 2017
AreaFada2:

Good. Still losing 18 players, and several other coaches, support staff, FA boss is not easy. Talkless of reaching AFCON final months later.
yeah, you are right.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by DeRay98(m): 9:16am On Oct 09, 2017
If you look into the archives of our matches with Zambia you 'll see that they dominated us in the '80s, including a 5-1, and 2 occasions of 3-0 spanking of Nigerian in 1981 and 82.
The tide turned against them in the 90s when we first beat them in Algiers "90 semi-final 2-0.
Before the first match in Ndola, Zambians were confident of beating Nig who had not qualified for the last 2 AFCON tournaments.
They mocked us for playing with "Bench warmers" in EPL, planning to field U-20 players(Iheanacho and Iwobi) against them.
It turns out that it was the 2 U20 players that wrecked them at home.
Hence, after their U20 players did well at the WC they started to field theirs.
At any levels in the World stage Nigeria 'll rep African better than Zambia. embarassed
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by shilesa: 9:17am On Oct 09, 2017
Your research picked some lousy comments purported to be zambian, post them here to whip up emotions against zambians, right? How does that benefit you? We zambians dont subscribe to this kind of subintellegent journalism. The alleged negative views on the super eagles victory can only represent the tiniest percentage, if any, of the total zambian emotions to even bring them here. It's even foolish to dwell on comments that have nothing to do with football. Majority of zambians, i mean 99.9% have conceded defeat and have already moved on, wishing nigerian super eagles all the best. We can complain about officiating or the disallowed goal but thats it the result doesn't change. Obviously like everyone else we do love our team, they are bold and courageous (which is what the true meaning of chipolopolo is, not "copper bullets"wink just like they displayed on the pitch. It natural to be disappointed when one looses but we shall never condone insulting the winning team. Accept apologies for any insults purported to come from any section of the zambian fans. Once again congrats.
Opinionated:
Nigeria’s Super Eagles defeated the Chipolopolo of Zambia 1-0 in Uyo on Saturday to qualify for the World Cup at the expense of their opponents.

Many Zambians have not taken this defeat well as our research on their comments after the defeat indicates as obtained from the Lusaka Times (https://www.lusakatimes.com/2017/10/07/nigeria-end-zambias-2018-dreams/).

Read their comments next:

Mzambia wa Zamani October 7, 2017 at 10:10 pm:

“Damn ,those Nigerian internet scammers must have used some cheating methods.Nigerians could never have qualified for Russia 2018 cleanly.”

Wanu Ngwee October 7, 2017 at 11:56 pm

“Now, can anyone help me understand why the Zambian soccer commentators on Supersport seem shy or scared to known to be supporting Chipolopolo- even when their counterparts are so clear about wanting their teams to win

AKASHAMBATWA October 8, 2017 at 12:10 am

“@1.4 Wenu …. it has angered me so much losing to a Team full of fluffers and hoopers from the English Premier league is so painful at least if those players came Seria A, LALIGA, BUNDASLIGA not EPL. It WILL TAKE ENGLAND ITSELF 200YRS FROM NOW TO WIN THE WORLD CUP, WHAT MORE FOREIGN PLAYERS.

Just see how coaches from top EPL clubs sweat and pant in UEFA Champions league when paired with likes of BARCELONA, BAYERN, MADRID. JUVENTUS, PSG.”

Nostradamus October 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

“I blame the PF government, they used all energies discussing corruption allegations. Forgetting that Nigeria, the world best thieves were offering $10,000 to each player just to beat Zambia.
2021.”

Flagrante Delicto October 7, 2017 at 10:36 pm

“Hard luck to our boys. You gave all you could but this world is run by shadow governments and the elite. If we had won today the Nigerians would have used all means possible (match fixing included) to beat Algeria. It’s a money game at the end of the day as confirmed by Herve Renard when he told CAF that you could not allow Zambia to go to the world cup coz Zambia is not ****. Sorry if I’ve offended someone.”

Enka October 8, 2017 at 1:49 am

“Emotions aside ,clearly the better team won.Even by comparing decades of int’l performances and stats Nigeria clearly stands out as having better experience than chipolopolo.Lets not kid ourselves Zambia -we’re still toddlers in football while Naija is a teenager.”
Kayla October 8, 2017 at 1:58 am

“Games like that need experienced players you can not drop almost all the experienced players and replace them new ones. You blend them not just dropping them for your own reasons. Don’t be prejudiced give give the older players a chance and slowly phase them out. That was a competitive game that needed the help of the seniors.. players straight from dynamos or Zanaco with no exposure.. the won the last game but I still insist that every game is different… No player is indispensable but please don’t just snub players because you have that power…be humble.”

The THIRD EYE October 8, 2017 at 6:23 am

“Defeat is painful and frustrating to anyone of us…But we must show the spirit of sportmanship…Nigeria has beaten Zambia both in their home and away.This means the Super Eagles are the better team.

Zambia has a good team (zero to zero in the first half of the game), but they met a better team.

Football is not played in the media or in the pages of the newspapers…( The Zambian Coach should note that “pride goes before a fall”)….statements like…I am praying for Nigeria to lose to Cameroun or I am coming to inflict pain on all Nigerians…are beyond a psychological warefare, but plain stupid. Congratulations Super Eagles. May God bless Nigeria and help all the other nations.”

Sorry Zambians better luck next time.

5 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by AreaFada2: 9:21am On Oct 09, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
yeah, you are right.

I cannot remember seeing Elijah Tana in that game o.

I guess you mistook Litana for Tana. Two different players with similar first name.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by kindredspirit(m): 9:21am On Oct 09, 2017
wintersnow:

You wouldn't be typing this thrash if the goal was scored by Nigeria and it was disallowed!
We should stop deceiving ourselves, that goal clearly wasn't an offside, he was inches behind the last defender... He ran as soon as the ball was passed to him..which clearly doesn't .make it an offside goal

Please, what "goal" are you talking about? The Referee had long blown the whistle for offside but the Zambian player carried on to stick the ball into the net after the fact. Doesn't that tell you there was NO DISALLOWED GOAL at all in the first place ?

You should be arguing that it wasn't offside not that a legit goal was scored which was wrongly ruled offside because there was no goal ab initio. Even at that, the picture below will help you achieve clarity. Courtesy: soetanoreoluwa.

Now, it is possible that you still think the Zambian player was onside even after seeing the picture. However that is all immaterial as the referee didn't think so, to which he blew the whistle which was ignored by the player.

5 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by shilesa: 9:22am On Oct 09, 2017
lacidi:
The Zambian "goal" was clearly offside and the linesman raised his flag immediately the ball came to the Zambian. The ref also blew the whistle but the player continued playing pretending not to hear. If you watch the replay, you will see the flag go up immediately and Balogun stopped running back.

This is a freeze shot of the offside showing the straight line and where the last defender was.

try to show another frame just about when the ball is released to the striker.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Niyinficient(m): 9:26am On Oct 09, 2017
wintersnow:
The Zambians were the better side, they played better than us I'll have to admit that...and besides that goal wasn't an offiside, its obvious the referee has been bribed!

What are you saying? define a 'better' side. One that controls possessions but fail to hit the target? One whose defence cant withstand 10mins pressure from a tactical change or one that absorbs the pressure, defends well, creates chances and takes any opportunity to score?

You guys wont take your time to assess a team's performance before criticizing. Check the stats after the game, we were the better side, tho the Zambia gave their best but we bested their best! cool cool

2 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Ebonka1: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2017
This comment tire me
Samusu:
Oh my God. Na so them hate us reach? Help me see dis comment lala

blame the PF government, they used all energies discussing corruption allegations. Forgetting that Nigeria, the world best thieves were offering $10,000 to each player just to beat Zambia.
2021.”
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by faithfulfaith9(m): 9:28am On Oct 09, 2017
Sorry Zambians better luck next time
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by ShabaJ(m): 9:28am On Oct 09, 2017
naptu2:
You need to see the way they were boasting on Zamfoot since September and their reactions after the game. Check the comments after every article.

http://zambianfootball.co.zm/

This guy predict the match between Nigeria and Zambia...
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by insperyadyou: 9:29am On Oct 09, 2017
kay29000:
Hmm! The hate is real. Look at all the flimsy excuses they are bringing up for their loss. But these Zambians are good with written English though.
As per their English stuff, they are very,very good in the use of English. They command my respect here. But for their loss, they should please take heart.

2 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by DKERIAN(m): 9:30am On Oct 09, 2017
Imagine the Zambian coach,what do you take our super Eagle for.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by ShabaJ(m): 9:31am On Oct 09, 2017
ShabaJ:

This guy predict the match between Nigeria and Zambia...

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Nobodys(f): 9:33am On Oct 09, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
my flat nyash you meant. undecided

D waka...make we connect , then discuss the logistics nau( with due respect to Efe). The worldcup na June next year.
lolzz...okay. I tot it was dis year..enuff tym still dey
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by AlwaysUltraPad: 9:39am On Oct 09, 2017
Nobodys:
lolzz...okay. I tot it was dis year..enuff tym still dey
for sure. But the preparation starts now.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Flexy2009(m): 9:42am On Oct 09, 2017
Afrok:
Cry me a river cry
Give you a tissue
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Arsenalholic(m): 9:46am On Oct 09, 2017
poseidon12:

Is it possible for Nigerians to respect other African countries when Nigerians cannot respect themselves? Nigerians are generally rude, arrogant, uncouth and hateful. You cannot give what you don't have.
Yeah man. Those are the typical words other Africans describe Nigerians with. It's a shame.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:48am On Oct 09, 2017
FirstCounsel:
Did anyone note how Nigerians are held in contempt? We're seen as a nation of scammers & thieves even when we won fair & square.

It's just envy and/or jealousy.

The average Sub-Saharan African feels inferior to Nigerians. Even on social media, when our e-paths cross, the average Sub-Saharan Africans (females especially) like to get cozy with us Nigerians.

I could give a thousand examples starting with myself. Zambian women send direct, unsolicited messages to us Nigerian men. They always comment about our better looks and how we are so zestful too.

Show me a Zambian equivalent of a Nairaland, let's register on it and identify ourselves as Nigerians. I bet you in a week or less, we'd have their females flocking to us.

Envious, inferior things!
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Arsenalholic(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2017
OrangeDream:
You have made a very valid point my brother. We are too aggressive with words on the internet and take every little thing very personal including sport. I tried to congratulate the Zambians for a well fought battle and when all was going well with the comments and all that in love; a Nigerian just came from nowhere and started insulting the Zambians. I really felt bad about it cos we seriously do have a moral issue with our public conduct on the internet.
That's just so sad mehn. I know how these things go. It's all over the internet.

Even on international pages Nigerians are there throwing shades at other African countries. But if we have people like you, at least it will help to show that not all Nigerians are uncouth and arrogant.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by AlwaysUltraPad: 9:53am On Oct 09, 2017
AreaFada2:

I cannot remember seeing Elijah Tana in that game o.

I guess you mistook Litana for Tana. Two different players with similar first name.
oh! It was a mistake. Elijah started his international career in '95 and that was after the nations cup. Litana I meant.

18 players though were not their best players then. They had like 3 bwalyas then who were not on the trip to Senegal.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Greenback: 9:55am On Oct 09, 2017
I blame buhari grin

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by OliveCynosure(f): 9:58am On Oct 09, 2017
E pain dem grin grin

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Arsenalholic(m): 10:14am On Oct 09, 2017
fabre4:

which website
got to lusakatimes.com/sports

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Arsenalholic(m): 10:26am On Oct 09, 2017
mazimee:

Which website is that bro? I want to read their comments too
lusakatimes.com/sports
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 09, 2017
I see some butt-hurt Zambians are yet to get used to the fact that Russia 2018 is now a mirage as far as the cheappolopolos are concerned. But come to think of it did they really think they could pull of a win against the same team that beat them at home in the opening game of the qualifiers? What a bloody unrealistic target or dream that was. Kudos to the Super Eagles. #RUSSIA2018
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Arsenalholic(m): 10:28am On Oct 09, 2017
Adebowale89:

true that bro, I was wondering when I started reading the comments. Zambia loves Nigerian a lots, I haven't been to Zambia before but I ve nothing less than 10 Zambian friends both guys and ladies on Fb from Lusaka who do talk gud abt Nigerians

we should learn to love ourselves and love other Africans. we are one
You're right. They love Nigerian music, movies, actors, comedians etc.

I also have Zambian friends who told me all that. But because of loud mouthed and uncouth Nigerians we will soon start having clashes with Zambia just like we currently do with South Africa, Ghana and Kenya.

It's just a shame.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 09, 2017
Arsenalholic:
That's just so sad mehn. I know how these things go. It's all over the internet.

Even on international pages Nigerians are there throwing shades at other African countries. But if we have people like you, at least it will help to show that not all Nigerians are uncouth and arrogant.
Well i just hope others will see the light in this manner.

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by chiefbuchiV12(m): 10:31am On Oct 09, 2017
beamtopola:

Don't give ya self a trophy my dear. Nigerians can't start Americans. most of d clapback are mostly from a movie lines.
Notwithstanding we sef get our own, especially my blessed people from the west, God use am bless them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho Celebrates Leicester City's FA Cup Win With Nigerian Flag / Teddy Bears As Spectators During Korea League Games (photo) / Taribo West And His Flamboyant Hairstyle (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.